Online buying and selling are very popular today. People are leaving brick-and-mortar stores for eCommerce platforms. It’s now possible to order items of your choice from the comfort of your home using your hand-held device and have them delivered to your doorstep. However, this doesn’t come easy for eCommerce store owners.
Running a personal eCommerce Store can be a daunting task. There is a lot that one has to do, including marketing, secure checkout, product shipping, and optimization of speed. A lot of resources and time are required for one to accomplish these tasks. However, these are not always available. Fortunately, there are many Shopify Tools that can help you to reduce your workload and make tasks that would take a long time simpler. You can use these Shopify Tools to import products in just one click, design a logo on your phone, and do much more.
The article will provide you with in-depth knowledge on the 5 best Shopify Tools for 2021. You will also gain a holistic understanding of Shopify and its key features. Read along to find out the best Shopify Tools for your business in 2021
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Shopify
- Top 5 Shopify Tools for 2021
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is an eCommerce platform that you can use to build both an online and offline store. As bloggers use WordPress, store owners use Shopify. It helps you to sell both online and offline using your website and Shopify POS. The Shopify eCommerce Website Builder has features for all individuals including beginners and eCommerce experts.
Shopify is a Cloud-based SaaS platform that makes it easy for you to sell goods online. Shopify hosts your business and helps it to grow by allowing you to conduct transactions, customize your website and market your products. Shopify provides users with multiple plans and pricing to choose from, making it a suitable option for Startups and even Enterprises. You can customize your website as per your liking with Shopify’s easy-to-use Design Templates.
Shopify allows you to run an eCommerce business. To run an eCommerce Store, you should open a storefront, showcase your products, accept payments, engage with your customers, and more. There are different Shopify Tools that you can use to help you manage these activities.
Various products or services that you can sell on Shopify:
- Physical Products: Shopify allows you to perform the door-step delivery of the products you’ve manufactured that can be door-shipped to the customer. These include anything like printed mugs/t-shirts, jewellery, gifts, etc.
- Digital Products: Digital Products can include e-books, audio, course material, etc.
- Services and Consultation: If you’re providing services like life consultation, home-cooked delicacies, event planning, or anything else, Shopify has got you covered.
- Memberships: Various memberships such as gym memberships, yoga classes membership, event membership, etc. can be sold to the customers.
- Experiences: Event-based experiences like adventurous sports and travel, mountain trekking, wine tasting, events, and hands-on workshops. You can use Shopify to sell tickets for these experiences as well.
- Rentals: If you’re running rental services like apartment rentals, rental taxis, or gadgets, you can use Shopify to create ads and engage with the customer.
- Classes: Online studies, fitness classes can be advertised here.
For further information on Shopify, you can follow the Official Documentation.
Key Features of Shopify
The key features of Shopify are:
- Detailed Shopify Admin
- Free Features
- Shopify is on a Cloud Network
- Plans for Everyone
- Tons of Apps
- Wide Range of Support
- Low Barrier to Entry
1) Detailed Shopify Admin
In Shopify, you’ll find a whole range of reports and features that help you understand how your online store is performing. You can view the number of orders, your best-performing product pages, real-time view of your website visitors. Shopify is a comprehensive tool for an online retailer, allowing you to get an in-depth understanding of all of your online store’s details.
2) Free Features
Usually, for a new website/store you would need to pay for the themes used. But on Shopify, a free theme is loaded onto your store automatically that you can start customizing the way you want. You even have the freedom to customize your website according to your branding style. You can choose free fonts (already installed on your store), or modify the color scheme, add your photos, and more. There are also thousands of eCommerce-themed stock photos you can choose from, taken by Shopify photographers.
3) Shopify is on a Cloud Network
Your website would be hosted on a Cloud network instead of a Server. Servers tend to crash at the wrong times and incur huge losses. Servers often crash on Black Friday or during big events. By being on a Cloud network, the possibility of the website crashing is rare, allowing you to run your business with ease of mind. Being on a Cloud network also allows for Google Search Console Integration seamlessly.
4) Plans for Everyone
There are costs associated with running a business. You’ll need to pay for Products, Marketing Costs, New Domain, and of course Shopify. But Shopify has a pricing plan for everyone. You can pay for Shopify Lite for only $9 a month if you are a beginner or on a tight budget. Shopify Plus is used for white-glove service. You can change the plans as your business grows.
5) Tons of Apps
There’s an app for almost everything in the Shopify App Store. You’ll find Countdown Timers, Image Background Removers, and so much more. While there are a lot of paid apps, there’s also a bunch of free apps in the store. Adding an app to your website isn’t necessary.
6) Wide Range of Support
Shopify wants you to succeed on its platform. Shopify has a dedicated blog section that is run by experts to provide valuable tactics for businesses to run on Shopify. Shopify Academy/ Shopify Compass is a place where you can take free E-commerce courses and learn at your own pace. It has many customer support representatives who will happily answer any questions you have. There are even Facebook Groups created by Shopify users who want to help new store owners succeed. The support ecosystem at Shopify is massive.
7) Low Barrier to Entry
Shopify is an eCommerce platform that helps you build your store both online and offline. This eCommerce Website Builder has features for everyone from beginners to eCommerce experts. Anyone can start a Shopify Store. Shopify is leading the initiative of lowering barriers to eCommerce.
Simplify Shopify ETL and Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ different sources like Shopify, to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms like Shopify, files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 30+ free sources) such as Shopify, that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo Team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Top 5 Shopify Tools for 2021
There are numerous Shopify Tools that would cut your requirement for resources and workforce and simplify the tasks that would otherwise take a long time.
The following are the top 5 Shopify Tools for store owners in 2021:
Seguno, a Shopify Tool, provides you with a great way to market your shop online and turn your new buyers into loyal customers. Seguno is a Shopify plugin that allows business owners to manage their Email Marketing campaigns. You can use it to send welcome emails to your customers. Seguno also generates thank-you emails and helps you build trust with your customers. This is important for your business in the long run as it will ensure that they remember your brand.
It assists users in creating email directories to better interact with their consumers. Email lists enable firms to make significant income through effective Email Marketing.
The plugin works in tandem with your Shopify dashboard. Seguno allows you to create, track, and manage email marketing campaigns without leaving Shopify. This feature enables you to easily manage your Email Marketing initiatives from your shop’s admin via a Shopify mobile app.
Seguno offers the following features:
- It automatically sends welcome and thank you messages to customers.
- It helps you to turn new customers into loyal customers.
- It uses dynamic recommendations to help with abandoned carts.
- It generates unique discount codes.
- It helps remind customers of discounts.
- It helps in appreciating first-time purchasers.
- It helps target different customer segments through the customization of mails.
- It allows users to track revenues from their Email Marketing campaigns.
Seguno’s Pricing Model
You can use Seguno for free for up to 250 subscribers. You will pay $10 per month if you have between 251 and 1,000 members. For every additional 1,000 members, you will be charged an additional $10 per month.
To have further information about Seguno, you can follow the Official Documentation.
2) Plug in SEO
Plug in SEO, a Shopify Tool, keeps an eye on your Shopify store and ensures that the SEO is intact. When you install it, it will automatically detect all the SEO aspects of your Shopify store. These include keywords, broken links, blog content, speed, and other problems related to SEO to relieve you from checking the pages individually. Plug in SEO is one of the most preferred tools by Shopify store owners for search engine optimization.
Plug in SEO comes with the following features:
- Sends email alerts after detecting an SEO problem.
- Comes with free instructions and code snippets for fixing SEO.
- Checks and improves SEO for more organic traffic.
Plug in SEO’s Pricing Model
You can use Plug in SEO for basic scanning for free. To get more features from the tool, you should purchase its premium version which goes for $20 per month.
To have further information about Plug in SEO, you can follow the Official Documentation.
Oberlo is a Dropshipping Service that helps users find useful products online and sell them immediately. It is a good tool for anyone who needs to set up a dropshipping model rather than an inventory model. Oberlo will make the work of tracking shipments easy for you.
Oberlo offers the following features:
- Find popular products to dropship from worldwide suppliers.
- Track all received orders in a few clicks.
- Ship items directly from suppliers to customers without any interference.
Oberlo’s Pricing Model
If you have just opened an eCommerce store, you can use Oberlo for free. However, to use its advanced feature, you will have to purchase its premium plan that goes for $29.90 per month.
To have further information about Oberlo, you can follow the Official Documentation.
Smile, a Shopify Tool, will help you to make more sales through Referral Marketing. It helps you to spread the word about your store to motivate your audience to make more purchases.
Smile comes with the following features:
- Design a referral or VIP-based loyalty program to generate more Sales.
- Check results with more convenience using Smile Analytics.
Smile is a good tool for any online store that needs to run a loyalty program. It has a user-friendly backend that makes it stand out as one of the top Shopify Tools.
Smile’s Pricing Model
It is a freemium app, meaning that you can start using it for free. It has three premium plans, with the cheapest plan going for $49 per month.
To have further information about Smile, you can follow the Official Documentation.
Kit is a great Shopify Tool to help you market your Shopify Store on social media. You can use it to run Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, and Email Marketing campaigns. After using Kit, you will see an increase in the number of people who visit your Shopify Store. Kit can be seen as a personal assistant. It will send you messages asking whether you need a particular Marketing task done. Kit can analyze the types of products that you sell in your Shopify Store and your frequent customers to help you make branding decisions. Kit can also find a target audience and come up with Marketing ads. It can help you to run successful Marketing Campaigns for your store.
Kit offers the following features:
- Kit is AI-powered to help in searching the targeted traffic for your store.
- It runs Instagram and Facebook Ads via the simple Messenger interface.
If you want to market your Shopify Store on social media, Kit is recommended. It can help you run successful social media campaigns even when you are asleep.
Kit’s Pricing Model
You can use this Shopify tool i.e., Kit for free to manage marketing and communication in your online business more rapidly.
To have further information about Kit, follow the Official Documentation.
In this article, you have learned about the 5 best Shopify Tools for 2021, their usage, and key features. This article also provided brief information about Shopify and its key features.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources such as Shopify, and a wide variety of Desired Destinations with a few clicks.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ sources (including 30+ free sources) like Shopify allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free.
Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You may also have a look at the amazing price, which will assist you in selecting the best plan for your requirements.
Share your experience of understanding Best Shopify Tools for 2021 in the comment section below! We would love to hear your thoughts.