This blog talks about the top 10 Shopify Themes that can be found in its Theme Store. It begins with a brief introduction to Shopify, followed by steps you can follow to set up multiple Etsy shops, and factors to keep in mind before moving your data from Shopify to WooCommerce.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Shopify
- What is a Shopify Theme?
- How to Create Multiple Etsy Shops: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Considerations to Keep in Mind before Migrating from Shopify to WooCommerce
- Best Shopify Themes in the Shopify Themes Store
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that helps businesses to create online stores and sell their products. They also have an online retail point of sale system (Shopify POS) where merchants can sell their products in person. It is designed for all businesses regardless of their sizes. Shopify provides a set of tools and services such as payment gateways, shipping, marketing, and customer engagement so that users can grow their business easily.
Shopify has built-in capabilities that allow users to analyze customers’ data. However, businesses/organizations need to store this data in a database because it allows them to gain in-depth insights by combining other organizational data with Shopify. This allows them to leverage the power of a full-fledged database (or sometimes a data warehouse) and overcome the limitation of Shopify analytics.
Various products or services that you can sell on Shopify:
- Physical Products: Shopify supports door-step delivery of your manufactured products such as jewelry, t-shirts, mugs, etc. You can schedule the delivery of various products using Shopify.
- Digital Products: With Shopify, you can provide digital services such as e-books, audio files, course materials, etc. to your customers.
- Services and Consultation: If you provide services like Life consultation, home-cooked delicacies, event planning, or anything else, Shopify has got you covered.
- Memberships: Various memberships such as gym memberships, yoga classes memberships, event memberships, etc. can be sold to the customers using Shopify.
- Experiences: Event-based experiences like adventurous sports and travel, mountain trekking, wine tasting, events, and hands-on workshops. You can use Shopify to sell tickets for these events as well.
- Rentals: You can also promote and advertise various types of rental services such as rental taxis, furniture, gadgets, etc. using Shopify and engage with customers in a better and more efficient way.
- Classes: You can advertise online tutorials on Shopify, allowing customers to subscribe to various online courses such as studies, fitness, yoga, etc.
What is a Shopify Theme?
Shopify Themes are defined as packages of template files, supporting assets, and building blocks. You can then use these building blocks to create customizable and modular themes. A theme plays an integral role in deciding the way a Shopify online store will function, look, and feel for different users.
As a developer, you can build a custom theme for a specific merchant, build a theme to sell in the Shopify Theme Store, or customize a theme to meet the needs of your merchants. Theme code is organized with a standard directory structure of files about Shopify themes, along with supporting assets such as stylesheets, scripts, and images.
As a theme developer, you should focus on optimizing the organization, style, and features of your themes for specific use cases or market segments. The best themes are made with a specific merchant profile in mind.
There are three main ways of distributing a theme in Shopify:
- By uploading your theme to a GitHub repository, and then connecting a branch of the repository to a theme in the Shopify admin.
- By pushing a theme to a store using Shopify CLI.
- By bundling the theme directory as a ZIP file, which can then be uploaded in the Shopify admin by the respective merchants.
Here are the best practices Shopify has established that can help ensure an optimal theme development experience:
- Tooling: As your team continues to develop and grow, you can review Shopify’s best practices around file transformation and version control.
- Working on Merchant Stores: While you’re customizing or developing a theme for a merchant, you should keep a few best practices in mind around security, collaboration, and the use of tools.
- Coding and Designing a Theme: To create an optimal user experience, and to keep the merchant’s stores accessible, fast, and discoverable, you have to keep a couple of factors in mind. While developing Dawn, Shopify developers came up with several best practices and principles that you can follow to build and design an optimized theme.
Simplify Shopify ETL with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ sources (including 40 Free Data Sources like Shopify) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
How to Create Multiple Etsy Shops: Step-by-Step Instructions
Before you open a second store, you need to have an Etsy shop first. Here are the steps involved in setting up your first Etsy shop:
- Step 1: Before you create your shop, either create an Etsy account if you haven’t done it already.
- Step 2: To start opening your Etsy shop, click “Sell on Etsy” from the drop-down menu in your avatar.
- Step 3: Navigate to “Open Your Etsy Shop”.
- Step 4: Next, set up your shop preference by selecting your shop country, currency, language, and time commitment.
- Step 5: Choose the name of your shop. Since the name determines how your customers will remember your store, it is recommended that you pick a name that reflects your style and represents the products you are selling. The name of your shop should meet a couple of requirements like no profanity, does not infringe on anybody’s trademark, 4-20 characters in length, no special characters or spaces, and not already in use by an existing Etsy member.
- Step 6: Add all your product listings to fill up your shop.
- Step 7: Choose how you wish to get paid. If you are in an eligible country, you can opt for Etsy Payments. It providers buyers with various options to pay for their orders and consolidate all payments in your Etsy Payments account. However, if you are living in a country where Etsy Payments is not available, you can use your own PayPal account to accept payments.
- Step 8: Finally, you need to set up your billing. Based on the country you’re in, you might have to enter a debit card or a credit card to open your shop. The card could be Discover, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or Carte Bleue. When you’re done with all the sections just click on “Open Your Shop”. You can make as many changes as you want after you launch your shop.
Now that you have set up your Etsy shop, you can move on to setting up a second store. Here are the steps involved in this process:
- Step 1: Navigate to Etsy.com, and click “Your Account” from the Etsy homepage. You could also navigate your shop name from Shop Manager.
- Step 2: Sign out, Sign In, and then go to register.
- Step 3: Enter an email address not used for your Etsy shop, enter your name, and create a password. Check the box for “Register”.
- Step 4: Next, click on “Sell on Etsy” and navigate to “Open your Etsy Shop”. Follow the steps mentioned previously to open your shop.
Considerations to Keep in Mind before Migrating from Shopify to WooCommerce
There are a few limitations of Shopify that can be handled quite easily by WooCommerce, therefore you can migrate data from Shopify to WooCommerce. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind before you migrate your data from Shopify to WooCommerce:
- Increased Customization and Flexibility: WooCommerce is an open-source, customizable shopping cart plugin built on top of WordPress. WooCommerce’s open-source nature allows you to modify the underlying code to create a unique online store that meets your unique requirements. This means that there are endless customization options available at your disposal since you can customize anything at your will. You can even create a new theme or plugin from scratch. On top of this, the WordPress plugin repository has over 57,000 plugins, making it the most robust marketplace in the eCommerce niche. It offers solutions for every aspect from marketing, functionality, design, and navigation among other features. WooCommerce also gives you over 400 extensions specifically designed for eCommerce. Therefore, if you have the coding skills akin to a developer and wish to have a truly powerful and customizable platform, WooCommerce might be the answer for you.
- Increased Control over Pricing: Shopify gives you a subscription-based pricing model for its users. It has three main pricing tiers with extra features based on what pricing plan you choose, ranging from $29-$299/month. Apart from this, Shopify charges a small fee if you wish to use other payment providers instead of Shopify, which comes around 0.5%-2%/transaction. On the other hand, WooCommerce and WordPress are completely free to use. Both of them can be downloaded for free from their website. All you require is a domain name and hosting. WooCommerce also provides more powerful built-in features with a lot of free options than Shopify without charging any extra transaction fees for using third-party payment gateways. Also, generally, WooCommerce paid plugins tend to levy an annual fee, which in some cases, can help you save your money.
- Larger Community Support: WooCommerce is known as the most popular eCommerce platform since more than 39% of all online stores are supported by this platform. Therefore, it has an active and large community across the world. Every year, thousands of developers, experts, and users meet up in over 400 cities across the world. As a WooCommerce user, you can easily get access to this robust community, where you can seek advice and help from different perspectives to solve all your store-related issues.
- Unlimited Variations: Product Variations are defined as the options offered to the customers for each product. For instance, if you designed and sold shirts, you might offer different colors like black, blue, maroon, etc. in sizes ranging from XS to 3XL. The combination of colors and sizes would give you 21 variations. However, Shopify only provides support for a maximum of three drop-down menu options per product with the drawback of 100 possible combinations. For this situation, WooCommerce merchants don’t have to worry about creating multiple products to solve the issue of paying for another app. This is possible because you can add as many product variations as you want in WooCommerce.
Best Shopify Themes in the Shopify Themes Store
Here are the best Shopify Themes you can avail in the Shopify Themes Store:
- Custom Shopify Themes: Ella
- Custom Shopify Themes: Minimal
- Custom Shopify Themes: District
- Custom Shopify Themes: Vendy
- Custom Shopify Themes: Roxxe
- Custom Shopify Themes: Responsive
- Custom Shopify Themes: Testament
- Custom Shopify Themes: Icon
- Custom Shopify Themes: Shella
- Custom Shopify Themes: Wokiee
Custom Shopify Themes: Ella
Ella was developed by Hallothemes, which is noteworthy for having developed themes for Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce. This theme is listed as the best sellers item on Themeforest.
Ella is well-reputed as a drag-and-drop Shopify theme with a mobile-optimized layout and an incredible UI/UX. It also offers store owners various responsive, well-designed, and eye-catching templates.
Apart from updating the current themes frequently, it also releases new Shopify themes monthly to satisfy your customers and keep refurbishing your storefront. It also offers a Child theme that can inherit all the functionalities and features from another theme called the Parent theme. When you customize the Parent theme, all the current functionalities are still kept in the Child theme. It also incorporates Lazy Loading, an optimization technique for online content that can reduce memory usage and loading time.
Ella offers two licenses to its users:
- Extended License: $2800
- Regular License: $55
The fees for extending support to 12 months for Extended and Regular licenses are $768.75 and $15 respectively.
Custom Shopify Themes: Minimal
Minimal is a free Shopify theme that is well known for its great customizability and user-friendliness on the backend. It has a simple and clean interface and is an excellent choice for companies or beginners that want to reduce visual distractions and keep the spotlight on their products.
Here are a few key features of the Minimal theme:
Minimal is a free Shopify theme.
Custom Shopify Themes: District
The District theme is a good choice if you wish to showcase your featured collections and products. It works best for sports and apparel businesses, and it has a beautiful design with various functions that can help customers see the finer details of your products.
Apart from splendid UI/UX features, responsive assistance plays an integral role in making District one of the best Shopify themes.
It also provides a Color Swatches feature that allows shoppers to view a product in various available colors. It allows users to visualize how the product will look and they can then choose the one they like accordingly.
You can get the District theme for $180.
Custom Shopify Themes: Vendy
Vendy is primarily designed to showcase your brand with smooth content integration and sleek styling. It offers multiple pre-made templates to choose from for lookbooks, homepages, products, and other pages. This Shopify theme is a simple product that leverages a ready-to-use minimalistic design on the board.
It is deemed as mobile and SEO-friendly and it is extremely light-weighted and speedy. It also offers a size guide pop-up for various pages.
Vendy offers its users a regular license for $39 and if you wish to extend the support for the regular license to 12 months you can do so for $48.
Custom Shopify Themes: Roxxe
This theme was designed with user comfort and current trends in mind. It offers a powerful navigation search module that comes in handy over 70 pre-designed layouts with ready-to-use sections.
Roxxe theme is open to your enhancements and changes. You can quickly create a store from one of the most wanted demos for online businesses and then tailor your content from there. Apart from this, Roxxe also shows off skins for selling cosmetics, clothes, accessories among other things.
Roxxe can also work in tandem with Shopify’s Visual Builder that allows you to create as many web forms and pages as you like. It also offers a collection of catchy banners, headers, and footers.
You can get the Roxxe theme for $59 on a regular license. You can extend the support to 12 months for $16.50 extra.
Custom Shopify Themes: Responsive
The Responsive template is great for store owners who are running home, garden, and houseware businesses. This theme allows you to show how your products fit the shoppers’ house space.
It is well known as a flexible and technically robust theme that looks sharp across devices. Responsive template’s high customizability allows you to easily make changes to the typography, layout, and featured promotions.
This template also provides currency conversion on the top of the menu bar which allows users to check the product price in their respective currencies. It also allows you to display full-width slideshows and centered focus on the menu navigation.
You can get the Responsive theme for $180.
Custom Shopify Themes: Testament
Testament was developed by We Are Underground, one of the top theme developers in the Shopify theme store. Its awesome customization ability makes it suitable for the beauty and health business.
It provides detailed guidance including lively video tutorials and animated steps to help you easily customize your Testament theme. It also allows shoppers to easily view their product details in a popup without having to leave the current page. This can increase the time on the page, which can surely boost your conversion rate.
You can get the Testament theme for $180.
Custom Shopify Themes: Icon
The Icon theme is recommended for visually striking brands with image-focused content. Hence, it is most suitable for people running photography and art businesses. Similar to the Testament theme, Icon is also developed by We Are Underground.
It offers a feature called Parallax scrolling that can create an animated depth on a website by making the background images move slower than the foreground images when the shoppers scroll down the page. This can greatly improve UX which is why it is being increasingly incorporated in other themes as well.
Icon also offers huge fonts to bring the best experiences to your customers. You can pick a font that is suitable for your objectives to design a unique and creative store.
You can get the Icon theme for $180.
Custom Shopify Themes: Shella
This theme is specifically designed for various kinds of merchants especially eCommerce stores. This responsive theme is mainly designed to attract online shoppers.
Giving your online store a look that keeps new visitors scrolling to see more is integral to creating an online business that thrives. Shella’s premium Shopify theme for fashion stores offers all the features you normally use for Theme forest and more.
With the Shella theme, you can use banner builders, fashion icons, true collection filters, and many more features to customize your brand.
You can get the Shella theme for $79.
Custom Shopify Themes: Wokiee
Wokiee is a multi-purpose theme that can be used to make your website look creative, more professional, and more attractive. With Wokiee, you can easily create different arrangements to cater to the needs of the users.
It offers 70 stunning homepage layouts for you to choose the best one that suits your business. It also uses motion graphics to display a quick view of all 70 demos on a page.
Currently, Wokiee provides store owners 8 options of navigation design that are significantly easy to use and beautifully designed.
Wokiee gives you two licenses:
- Extended License: $1750
- Regular License: $59
This price includes 6 months of support. If you wish to extend the support to 12 months, you will have to pay $16.5 extra for a Regular License and $375 for an Extended License.
This blog talks about the top Shopify themes in 2022 that can be found in the marketplace for your business use case. It also gives a brief introduction to the various features of Shopify before diving into the best themes from the Shopify Themes Store.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of free data sources such as Shopify can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from 100+ data sources such as SaaS applications such as Shopify or Databases into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.