Do you use Google Analytics for tracking your website? Do you want to connect Google Analytics to Zendesk? If yes, then this blog will answer all your queries. Google Analytics can help you to track, and report your website traffic and Zendesk allows you to communicate with your customers and leads conveniently. Integrating these two platforms will allow your business to reach great heights. In this blog, you will go through Google Analytics, Zendesk and different approaches to connect Google Analytics to Zendesk in detail. By the end of this blog, you will be able to identify the method that suits your business needs.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Google Analytics
- Introduction to Zendesk
- What is the Need to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk?
- Methods to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk Help Center
Introduction to Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service that tracks and reports your website traffic. It is the most popular digital analytics software today. Google Analytics can be used to track website activities, including how long an average visitor spends on the website, the number of pages viewed in a given period, etc. You can also gather information about the source of traffic.
The valuable data obtained from Google Analytics can help you derive insights and get a better understanding of your website so that you can come up with an effective plan to interact with users. You can get better performance in marketing with Google Analytics.
Introduction to Zendesk
Zendesk is one of the most popular cloud-based software-as-a-service (Saas) and customer service software today. It provides features, such as live chats, ticketing system, knowledge base, call centre solution, etc. It provides tracking your customer journey in detail and also supports integration with various applications such as marketing applications, social media, etc. It also improves your communication with your customer. Zendesk offers all these features at an amazing price along with a free trial. Check out Zendesk pricing here.
What is the Need to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk?
Once you integrate these two platforms, you will be able to do the following things:
- Ask the right questions.
- Measure the effectiveness of the searches.
- You can track the customer’s action conveniently.
- You will be able to fine-tune Help Center.
- You will be able to capture Help Center user data easily.
2 Methods to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk
You can choose any of the following methods to connect Google Analytics to Zendesk:
You will use your Google Analytics tracking ID for this integration. This tracking ID helps you to keep track and analyze your Zendesk Help Centre traffic conveniently.
If you want to automate your data flow, then try Hevo Activate. It sends data directly to Zendesk from your Data Warehouse such as Redshift, Snowflake, etc. Hevo Activate makes the process of connecting Google Analytics to Zendesk a cakewalk and absolutely for free.GET STARTED WITH HEVO ACTIVATE FOR FREE
Let’s discuss these methods in detail.
- A Google Analytics account.
- A Zendesk accounts with an active help desk.
Methods to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk Help Center
You can use your Google Analytics account to track your Help Center traffic easily. If you enable it, you can get your tracking ID from Google Analytics and then add it to your Help Center.
You can use any of the following methods to connect Google Analytics to Zendesk Help Center:
- Method 1: Manual Method to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk
- Method 2: Using Hevo Activate to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk
Method 1: Manual Method to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk
In this method, you will use your Google Analytics tracking ID. This tracking ID helps you to keep a track and analyze your Zendesk Help Centre traffic conveniently. Let’s see the steps to connect Google Analytics to Zendesk using manual integration:
Step 1: Establishing a Google Analytics Account
After you have created your Google Analytics account, sign up and follow these steps:
- On the ‘New Account’ page, click ‘Website’.
If you have an existing account that is associated with another website, then click ‘Admin’ at the top of your page and go to Account column. Click the existing account name and select ‘Create new account’.
- You can use your Zendesk Help Center information to fill out the account options.
For example, if the name of your company is ‘ABC’, then fill it as shown below:
- Account Name: ABC
- Website Name: ABC Help Center
- Website URL: Select ‘https://’ from the drop-down menu and write abc.zendesk.com/hc
- Select ‘Get Tracking ID’ and accept the terms and conditions.
- Copy this tracking ID and add it to your Help Center as described in Step 2.
Step 2: Add Tracking ID to your Zendesk Help Center
As you have added your Help Center to your Google Analytics account, now you need to update the setting with this tracking ID generated in Step 1. Follow the steps to add the tracking ID to your Help Center:
- In the Guide, select ‘Settings’ in the sidebar.
- Under the ‘Integrations’ section, enable Google Analytics and then enter your tracking ID.
- Select ‘Update’ on the top right corner of the page.
Method 2: Using Hevo Activate to Connect Google Analytics to Zendesk
Hevo Activate allows you to directly connect Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Google Analytics, etc., to various other sources such as Salesforce, Zendesk, HubSpot, etc. It provides a hassle-free and automated integration of Google Analytics to Zendesk for Free. Hevo Activate offers a fully managed solution for loading data from your Data Warehouse, straight to your desired Business Application. It can enrich and transform your data into an analysis-ready form without writing any code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that your data is handled in a secure, reliable, and consistent manner with zero data loss.SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Hevo Activate also takes care of all the pre-processing needs and allows you to focus on key business activities, so that you can derive powerful insights and plan on how to generate more sales, leads, and retain customers.
Let’s discuss some unbeatable features of Hevo Activate:
- Completely Automated: Hevo Activate can be set up in minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate provides real-time data migration from Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc., so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Fault-Tolerant: Hevo Activate is capable of detecting anomalies in the incoming data and informs you instantly. All the affected rows are kept aside for correction so that it doesn’t hamper your workflow.
- Live Support: Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo Activate takes away the tedious task of schema management and automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo Activate allows you to monitor the data flow, so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
In this blog, you have learned about Google Analytics, Zendesk, the need to connect these two platforms, and the different approaches to connect them. You can use any of the methods according to your business need, and suitability. If you are looking for a fully automated solution, then try Hevo Activate.VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO ACTIVATE
You can now load data from any Data Warehouse such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc., to your desired business application such as Zendesk without writing code in just a few minutes for free with Hevo Activate.
Hevo Activate allows you to transfer your data from the application to your desired destination at a reasonable price.
Share your experience of connecting Google Analytics to Zendesk in the comment section below.