Salesforce is one of the largest SaaS, Cloud-based companies that offer CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions to clients, along with a comprehensive array of enterprise applications that are designed to simplify Marketing Automation, Analytics, Application Management, and Development, and improve Customer Service.
Salesforce now offers an array of additional functions that are designed for Sales and Customer Service professionals to help manage Leads and clients in a seamless manner. Salesforce Pardot is one of their best offerings which enables businesses to track down the behaviour of the potential customers and provides them with the ability to segment the Leads in an efficient manner.
This article will give you an in-depth overview of the Salesforce Pardot and its robust Lead Scoring mechanism. Follow our simple step-by-step guide, which will give you a holistic understanding of how Salesforce Pardot works and how to implement a Salesforce Pardot Scoring strategy in no time!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce Pardot
- Introduction to Salesforce Pardot Scoring
- Understanding the Default Salesforce Pardot Scoring Metrics
- Setting up a Salesforce Pardot Scoring Strategy
- An active Salesforce Pardot account.
- Basic understanding of CSV Files.
Introduction to Salesforce Pardot
Salesforce Pardot is a robust B2B Marketing Automation and Leads Development platform that helps Marketers set up automated email-based Sales and Marketing campaigns.
It hosts an intuitive and easy-to-use interface and enables Marketers to gain vital information about their customers/prospects by monitoring their entire journey with their product, taking into account numerous actions like Clicks, E-mail views, Forms, etc. With Salesforce Pardot, Marketers can segment customers based on their behaviour, preferences, and more, and target them more specifically with personalized, dynamic, and interactive offerings such as Ads, Landing Pages, Exclusive Product Offers, and a lot more.
Key Features of Salesforce Pardot
- Lead Scoring: Lead Scoring is one of the most important features responsible for aligning Marketing and Sales teams. To relieve tension on the quality of Leads, Lead Scoring ensures that the prospect matches your ideal Lead Profile before they are sent for follow-up. The rating is based on the activity levels of the Lead and a Lead Score is assigned based on how appropriate they are for your Product or Service. Salesforce Pardot implements this using its robust Pardot Scoring Mechanism.
- Real-Time Edits: Salesforce Pardot enables the users to view and edit their landing pages in real-time, thereby allowing them to simultaneously keep a track of the changes they have made. This can help the user save a lot of time and effort as all changes are reflected live on the page.
- No-code Required: One of the good things about Salesforce Pardot is that it does not require the user to have any prior knowledge of HTML, CSS, or any programming language to utilize the full potential of the platform.
- Lead Assignment: Salesforce Pardot allows the users to set up criteria and assign Leads to a Sales Rep based on the minimum score and threshold value in an automated manner.
- Workflow Capabilities: Salesforce Pardot automates a system that calls for a chain of steps that usually require intervention by various specific users. Administrators can write rules to decide when a user needs to complete a step.
For further information on Salesforce Pardot, click here to check out their official website.
Introduction to Salesforce Pardot Scoring
Salesforce Pardot Scoring is the Lead Scoring mechanism supported by Salesforce Pardot that allows Marketers and users to track the engagement of each prospect and segment the Leads by their level of interest. You can also set up a threshold value for your Lead Scores as a benchmark to classify Leads into Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) and automatically assign these to your Sales team. However, building a Strategic Salesforce Pardot Scoring system and deciding how various actions would impact the scoring of a Lead can be challenging for Marketers. Salesforce Pardot helps simplify this and allows Marketers to seamlessly implement an impeccable Lead Scoring mechanism in their Marketing Workflow, thereby allowing them to manage Leads effectively.
Simplify Customer & Product Analytics using Hevo Activate
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from Data Warehouses such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc., and various other sources to CRMs such as Salesforce, HubSpot, various SaaS applications, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.Get Started with Hevo for free
Hevo Activate takes care of pre-processing data needs and allows you to focus on key business activities, to draw compelling insights into your product’s performance, customer journey, high-quality Leads, and customer retention through a personalized experience.
Check out what makes Hevo Activate amazing:
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate, with its strong Integration with various sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Data Warehouses and load it into Marketing & SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk, Intercom, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Users can leverage Hevo Activate to perform the following operations:
- Create User Segments: Creating user segments allows the Marketing and Sales teams to understand how resources should be utilized for different kinds of users. This allows teams to focus on channels that convert better and maximize their Return On Investment (ROI).
- Build 360 View of Customers: This can be used to understand each customer better and plan strategies accordingly to ensure maximum revenue. This information can also be leveraged to help Support teams prioritize Enterprise customers. Businesses can seamlessly sync all customer data into their support software and respond quicker with a holistic customer background.
- Sync Product Data into Sales CRM: Hevo Activate can be leveraged to get all product data in the CRM tool of choice, allowing businesses to track user activity easily. Users can be segmented based on their activity, and that information can be used to improve product adoption and prevent churns.
Understanding the Default Salesforce Pardot Scoring Metrics
As soon as a visitor lands on your website, Salesforce Pardot starts tracking their behaviour using browser cookies and rates them based on this behaviour. Salesforce Pardot leverages its default score approach for a variety of user actions and assigns Lead Scores to their prospects.
For example, a high score of 50 points is provided for an activity like submitting a form because this indicates that a potential customer/prospect has voluntarily provided their contact details, which suggests a high level of interest (depending on the role of the form). Compare an activity like filling out a form to an activity with less customer involvement such as visiting a page. A reader can just visit your page for numerous reasons and then move out of it which obviously does count for less involvement, Therefore such activities only manage to score 1 point.
Setting up a Salesforce Pardot Scoring Strategy
Before implementing a Salesforce Pardot Scoring strategy, you need to configure a threshold at which a prospect becomes a Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL). This may vary according to the requirements of the business. While there are a number of ways you can leverage to configure your Salesforce Pardot Scoring strategy. There are certain features that you’ll need to configure to implement your Salesforce Pardot Scoring strategy effectively:
- Salesforce Pardot Scoring Rules
- Automation Rules
- Completion Actions
- List Uploads
- Manual Lead Score Updates
1) Salesforce Pardot Scoring Rules
Scoring Rules represent the primary guide that Salesforce Pardot follows to classify visitor behaviour. As discussed earlier there is a default scoring scheme for a prospect’s action but there may be some situations that may demand an adjustment out of your default scoring scheme.
To do so, You need to follow the enlisted steps:
- Click on Admin.
- Select Automation Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Scoring.
- Click Edit Scoring Rules on the top.
2) Automation Rules
You can use an Automation Rule to adjust the score of Leads to differentiate an asset with stronger or weaker intent from other similar assets. To do so, you need to follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the Automation Rules Page.
- Click on Add Automation Rules.
Salesforce Pardot allows the user to choose between two types of matches. There are two match types available in the Automation Page to create a new Automation and implement a Salesforce Pardot Scoring Strategy. Match All provides the user with AND functionality which means a prospect must satisfy all criteria for Salesforce Pardot to take action whereas Match Any provides the user with OR functionality, which means Salesforce Pardot will take action even if a single condition is satisfied.
3) Completion Actions
You can also create Completion Actions to adjust your Lead Scores. To do so, for your Salesforce Pardot Scoring Strategy, follow the steps given below:
- Navigate to the Marketing section and click on Forms.
- Click on the name of the form you need to add the Completion Actions for. In the case of an existing form, simply click on the Edit Form option, found in the top right corner.
- Keep on clicking Next until you get to Completion Actions.
- Upon successfully creating Completion Actions, Click on Confirm and Save.
4) List Uploads
If you’re planning on importing existing Leads data into Salesforce Pardot as lists, you can automatically adjust Salesforce Pardot Scoring for your Leads during the import process. This can be especially useful when making a list of prospects for an event or in other situations where you have a list of prospects who have already expressed some interest in your services.
To import your prospect list you need to follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the Prospect Import Page.
- Click on Import and select the Upload File option.
- Choose the CSV file you want to upload.
5) Manual Lead Score Updates
As discussed earlier there maybe some rare cases where you might need to do some manual changes to update a prospect’s Lead Score. One common situation where you may need to update the Lead Scores manually is when integration with another platform fails.
To update the Lead Scores manually, you can follow the enlisted steps:
- Navigate to the Overview page for the prospect.
- Click Edit in the top right corner for current prospects (or navigate directly to the Score field for brand new prospects).
Understanding how Salesforce Pardot’s Lead Scoring System works is important to understand the full capabilities of its Automation tools. In this article, you learned about Salesforce Pardot, its key features, and the process of implementing a Salesforce Pardot Scoring strategy.
Building an effective data-driven Lead Scoring strategy requires you to integrate your Leads and customer data from diverse set platforms into your operational CRM systems. This often requires unifying data into Data Warehousing platforms and then loading it into your Marketing and Support tools. This can be challenging, especially for beginners, and this is where Hevo Activate saves the day!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
It will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like analytics, customer management, etc. It helps you directly transfer data from a source of your choice, such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc., and various other sources to any SaaS application, CRMs such as Salesforce, HubSpot, etc., in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.