Companies spend a significant amount of money on advertising their businesses and growing their online presence. Organizations gather user information and utilize it for effective marketing. There are many platforms available on the internet that offers marketing features to individuals ad companies. Facebook is one of the widely used social media platforms that provide users a space to advertise their businesses.
These companies have access to huge volumes of data related to their users to reach out to them via advertisements, emails, and other ways. Data Warehouses store business data for analysis purposes. Loading data from Redshift to Facebook Ads allows companies to import audiences and ads for marketing purposes.
With the help of Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads connection, users can create custom audiences and import ads, and analyze their marketing campaigns. In this article, you will learn about Facebook Ads, Amazon Redshift, and their features. You will also go through the steps to connect Redshift to Facebook Ads.
Table of Contents
- What are Facebook Ads?
- What is Amazon Redshift?
- Why Establish Redshift to Facebook Ads Connect?
- Connecting Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads
What are Facebook Ads?
Facebook Ads are part of Facebook Marketing which provides a platform for Facebook and other Facebook products such as Instagram. It provides all the tools and services that help individuals and companies to grow their businesses. Facebook Ads allows users to place Ads feeds, Messenger, and even on non-Facebook apps and websites. The different kinds of Ads formats are single images, videos, slideshows, and many more. With the help of Facebook Ads, users can target specific audiences.
These are the paid Ads that allow users to spread their voices and messages. The Facebook network includes over 2.2 billion users daily which makes it easier for businesses to generate leads and Sales. Facebook Ads is a cost-effective and efficient medium for companies to generate sales and profits and create an online presence. Facebook gathers information about its users – their user behavior and preferences. It uses this to target ads to the right person and creates audiences.
Key Features of Facebook Ads
Some of the main features of Facebook Ads are listed below:
- Pixel Helper: Facebook Ads comes with Pixel Helper which is a Chrome Extension that allows users to double-check their implementation, troubleshoot their pixel, and learn how to improve performance.
- Creative Hub: Creative Hub is an ad mockup tool designed by Facebook that helps users to test their different ad types, placements, and ad elements.
- Facebook Analytics: Facebook makes it easier for marketers to monitor the performance of their Marketing Campaigns and provides additional insights.
To know more about Facebook Ads, click here.
What is Amazon Redshift?
Amazon Redshift is a Cloud Data Warehouse that is a part of the huge computing platform AWS (Amazon Web Services) that allows companies to store and analyze their business data and make smarter data-driven business decisions. It is built using Massive Parallel Processing (MPP) which enables Redshift to handle huge volumes of data and Database migrations. Amazon Redshift is column-oriented which makes it possible to store compressed data.
Amazon Redshift delivers high performance for querying data and real-time analysis. It supports standard SQL language so that users can easily query data and analyze structured and semi-structured data directly from Redshift Data Warehouse. Amazon Redshift can easily integrate with other AWS products for Databases, operations, Data Pipelining, Analytics, etc purposes.
Key Features of Amazon Redshift
Some of the main features of Amazon Redshift are listed below:
- Query Editor: Amazon Redshift offers a user-friendly query editor that allows users to access data from the Redshift Data Warehouse using standard SQL language.
- Redshift ML: Amazon Redshift comes with a Machine Learning environment allowing users easily create, train, and deploy Amazon SageMaker models using SQL.
- Concurrency: Amazon Redshift can run thousands of queries concurrently to deliver fast performance and enables limitless concurrency.
To know more about Amazon Redshift, click here.
Seamlessly Sync Data from Warehouse to Business Applications Using Hevo Activate
With Hevo Activate, you can empower business teams with 360° customer profiling — sync customer and product usage data available in Data Warehouses, such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and BigQuery, to most common Business Applications like Salesforce, Google Sheets, HubSpot, and Intercom, etc., in a hassle-free & effortless manner.GET STARTED WITH HEVO ACTIVATE FOR FREE
Business Teams can now make faster and smarter decisions with Hevo Activate by analyzing user journeys and creating personalized experiences for the customers.
Try our 14-day full access free trial today to experience an entirely automated hassle-free Data Sync!
Why Establish Redshift to Facebook Ads Connect?
Marketing is an essential part of a successful online business. Reaching out to different audiences, spreading awareness about the company, and many more. Organizations store their business, operational and customer data gathered from other sources in the Data Warehouse such as Amazon Redshift. They use marketing and advertisement platforms to reach out to their audiences and grow their business. Loading data from Redshift to Facebook Ads allow marketers to import Ads, marketing data, and customer audiences details to Facebook Ads. With the help of Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads connection, you can continuously import audience data from Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads and contact new audiences.
Connecting Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads
Now that you have understood about Facebook Ads and Amazon Redshift. In this section, you will learn about connecting Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads. First, you must load your data from Redshift to S3 in CSV format. Then, you need to download the CSV file from Amazon S3 and load it to Facebook Ads. The following steps to connect Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads are listed below:
- Step 1: Unloading Amazon Redshift Data to S3
- Step 2: Downloading CSV Data from Amazon S3 Bucket
- Step 3: Uploading CSV Data from Redshift to Facebook Ads
Step 1: Unloading Amazon Redshift Data to S3
- Log in to your Amazon Redshift Console.
- There go to the editor and use the UNLOAD command as shown below:
unload ('select * from table_name') to 's3://mybucket/unload/' iam_role 'arn:aws:iam::0123456789012:role/MyRedshiftRole' CSV;
- In the above query, you need to provide a table name in place of table_name. Then provide the location to your S3 and write data to CSV.
- Then, you have to provide an AWS IAM Role.
- Execute the query and it will export Redshift data to your AWS S3 Bucket in CSV file format.
Why Hevo’s Reverse-ETLing Capabilities are Best-in-class
Hevo Activate, the Reverse-ETL platform, automates the manual data enrichment job, directly syncing data to the destination of your choice in real-time. Unify customer & product data from data warehouses such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and BigQuery to SaaS Software such as Salesforce, Google Sheets, HubSpot, and Intercom, etc., in a hassle-free & automated manner.
Here’s how Hevo is different:
- Real-Time Data Replication: Hevo Activate, with its strong integration with various data sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- No APIs, CSVs, Just SQL!: Use the powerful and smart SQL Query Editor to filter and transform data from your data warehouse table to a Target object. The in-built validation checks ensure each query is validated before you save it.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled safely and consistently with zero data loss.
- On-Demand Sync: Hevo Activate gives users the option to resume the sync or run sync now to execute data sync as per their demand.
- Intelligent Data Type Conversion: During the mapping action, Hevo Activate transforms the field types of the synced data automatically.
- Data Transformation: Hevo Activate provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Step 2: Downloading CSV Data from Amazon S3 Bucket
- Now go to your Amazon S3 Bucket where you have stored your new CSV file containing Redshift Data.
- Select that CSV file and then download it to your local machine.
Step 3: Uploading CSV Data from Redshift to Facebook Ads
- Since the data we have downloaded from the Redshift is for custom audiences for Facebook Ads.
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager account.
- Here, go to the All Tools section from the left-side navigation pane.
- Now choose the Audiences option under the Advertise section.
- Here on this Audience page click on the Create a Custom Audience button.
- It will open a dialog box to Choose a Custom Audience Source and select the Customer List option under the Your Sources section.
- Then click on the Next button.
- It will ask you to upload the CSV format file of Audiences data that you downloaded from Amazon Redshift.
- Once you uploaded the CSV file your audience data from Redshift will be imported to Facebook Ads.
That’s it! You have connected Redshift to Facebook Ads.
In this article, you learned about Amazon Redshift and Facebook Ads. You also went through the steps to connect Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads. Amazon Redshift is a widely used Data Warehouse that also stores Marketing and Audiences related data. Importing audience data from Amazon Redshift to Facebook Ads helps run Marketing Campaigns.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Analyzing data scattered across databases can be challenging, and tricky sometimes. Wouldn’t it be easier to directly analyze data in your Business Applications with a 360-degree view available? Hevo Activate can help! It is a Reverse-ETL tool that is not only cost-efficient but also easy to learn.
Hevo Activate helps you sync data directly from a database of your choice (like, Redshift) to a Business Application in a fully automated and reliable fashion. Hevo Activate — a low/no-code platform — helps today’s Business & Operations teams become Data-Driven.
Hevo Activate supports HubSpot, Salesforce, Google Sheets, Mailchimp, and much more as Data Destinations. Now Sync Data into Business Applications from leading Cloud Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, and Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL in a hassle-free manner. Activate your data, yourself become, and empower your Business & Operations teams to become Data-Driven, and make Data-Informed decisions in a jiffy.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of learning about connecting Redshift to Facebook Ads in the comments section below.