“Marketing is not about the stuff that you make, but about the stories that you tell.”
I agree with Seth Godin’s point of view. Social Media has evolved into the most powerful and crucial virtual place for Brands and Customer interaction. The power that Social Media possesses is both admirable and tremendous. People will have a tough time discovering your Brand if your company is not on Social Media.
To start with some statistics, a whopping 4.48 billion people use Social Media worldwide, which accounts for 56.8% of the world’s total population. According to the Global Web Index, the average number of Social Media Accounts a millennial or Gen Z-er has is 8.4 worldwide. Not only is your Businesses able to utilize Social Media exposure, but also attract the Right Customers at the right time and build meaningful relationships with the power of Social Media.
While Salesforce continues to dominate the CRM market, winning trust from more than 150,000 Companies, Social Media Management can become difficult for Marketing, Service, and Sales Teams who are already busy with the Operational Campaigns and current Business Operations. Salesforce recognized this gap and presented its own solution called Salesforce Social Studio for listening, engaging, and publishing across the most popular Social Media Channels- Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google My Business, and Sina Weibo, to be precise.
Real-time interaction with Customers displays a positive that the Business cares about its Customers. With 24*7 operational Social Media, Salesforce Social Studio gives your Marketing, Service, and Sales Teams a unique opportunity to respond, interact, segregate and assign Customer inquiries as soon as possible. Positive feedback which Customers’ Post gives value and generates word of mouth. The recommendations and referrals your Business receives from existing Customers increases ROI and generates more Sales.
In this guide, we have covered the most important aspects of Salesforce Social Studio, so you can get started right away.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce
- An Overview of Salesforce Studio
- Salesforce Social Studio Features
- Guide to Create a Social Media Post using Salesforce Social Studio
- Workspace Content Reporting in Salesforce Social Studio
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a top-notch Cloud-based CRM Solution from a Company based out of San Francisco, California. Salesforce is developed to make Organizations function more efficiently and profitably by reducing the cost of managing Hardware Infrastructure.
Salesforce encompasses the likes of over 150,000 Companies, which includes popular Data Giants like Coca-Cola, Facebook, Sony, Vodafone, and L’Oreal. Salesforce Software will enable you to develop more targeted Marketing Campaigns and respond to Customer’s Demands more rapidly. You may even develop Customized Apps with the Salesforce Application to further adapt them to your Company’s specific needs. It is intended for Businesses of all kinds, from large Corporations to sole Proprietorships.
Salesforce CRM Application aids in the administration of Marketing Activities and integrates the Marketing Team with the Sales Management and Account Management Teams of the firm, ensuring that the whole Organisation is reaching out to Customers in a unified manner that does not confuse or alienate them. Salesforce can manage your Contacts, monitor Opportunities, provide Custom Reports, automate Marketing Campaigns, and much more.
Along with the Customer Relationship Management Service, Salesforce also provides many other Tools like Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Social Studio, Salesforce Analytics, Process Automation, etc. Salesforce ensures a personalized experience with its Customer 360 Platform. Some of the key Products offered by Salesforce as a part of their Suite are as follows:
- Salesforce Service Cloud: Salesforce Service Cloud offers all the tools you might need to strengthen Customer Engagement. It allows you to automate Business Processes with Intelligent Workflow, support Customer Interactions on every Channel, get actionable insight into every Customer Interaction, and Drive revenue with the power of Artificial Intelligence.
- Salesforce Analytics (Tableau CRM): Tableau allows you to use intuitive drag-and-drop analysis at every skill level. It also allows you to quickly spot visual patterns and share insights across teams to drive growth.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud: The Salesforce Commerce Cloud allows you to convert more Customers with personalized buying experiences. You can implement your strategies faster with easy-to-use tools. This allows you to stay agile and start seeing a higher ROI (Return on Investment) sooner.
- Salesforce AppExchange: Salesforce AppExchange is an Enterprise Cloud Marketplace. It allows you to find proven experts and apps to help you solve business challenges fast and extend your Salesforce Customer 360 from anywhere. This can be extended across any Department, Industry, and Product. It also offers app guides to help you zero in on the right Apps to suit your unique business challenges.
If you are a Marketer and use Email Campaigns recurrently, explore our comprehensive guide on Salesforce Inbox here.
An Overview of Salesforce Studio
Salesforce Studio connects your Marketing, Service, and Sales Teams with Customers through Social Media Channels, to build meaningful relationships. With Salesforce Studio Reporting functionality you can analyze your Customers’ and Prospects’ say of your Business, analyze their Sentiment and see & track where the Customer Conversations are happening.
Salesforce Studio makes it an undemanding and effortless activity to Track, Comment, Review, and Follow-up with what Customers and Prospects are posting to Social Media Channels. Your Teams may choose to take immediate action, set the status for each Post, assign Priorities and Members who can track, and add Labels so it becomes easy to search for, the next time.
Adding Content with Salesforce Studio is a smooth process on Social Media Channels with Integrated Partner Apps. Salesforce Social Studio supports the below-mentioned Social Media Channels:
- Instagram Business
- Sina Weibo
- Google My Business
What’s interesting is, Salesforce Studio just doesn’t stop there. You can also edit Images, right within the Salesforce Studio before posting to your Business’ Social Media Channels and boost organic content with Social Media Advertising. Here are some additional features that Salesforce Studio offers:
- Content Management
- Analytics (Social Media)
- Auto Publishing
- Brand Tracking
- Customer Engagement
- Multi-Account Management
- Multi-User Collaboration
- Posts Scheduling
- Social Media Monitoring
Simplify Customer and Product Analytics using Hevo Activate
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from Snowflake, Amazon Redshift Google BigQuery, etc., and various other sources to CRMs such as Salesforce (Free Source Connector with Hevo), HubSpot, various SaaS applications, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo Activate takes care of all your data preprocessing needs and lets you focus on key business activities, and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo Activate amazing:
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate, with its strong Integration with various sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Data Warehouses and load it into Marketing & SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk, Intercom, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Users can leverage Hevo Activate to perform the following operations:
- Create User Segments: Creating user segments allows the Marketing and Sales teams to understand how resources should be utilized for different kinds of users. This allows teams to focus on channels that convert better and maximize their Return On Investment (ROI).
- Build 360 View of Customers: This can be used to understand each customer better and plan strategies accordingly to ensure maximum revenue. This information can also be leveraged to help Support teams prioritize Enterprise customers. Businesses can seamlessly sync all customer data into their support software and respond quicker with a holistic customer background.
- Sync Product Data into Sales CRM: Hevo Activate can be leveraged to get all product data in the CRM tool of choice, allowing businesses to track user activity easily. Users can be segmented based on their activity, and that information can be used to improve product adoption and prevent churns.
Salesforce Social Studio Features
A unified interface of Salesforce Social Studio makes it easy to organize Posts by brand, region, or multiple Teams and Individuals.
Topic profiles are like keywords which your Business aims to track. Social Media Channels are filled with frequent instances when your Business would like to gather information on Posts by Customers who haven’t tagged you. Many times, Businesses want information on topics and conversations happening around their industry with which they would like to interact.
Salesforce Social Studio makes every related Customer Post, Influencer information, and Demographic Performance visible in just a single Dashboard. After a Topic Profile is created or imported to Social Studio, you can see the matching Social Media Posts and interact with them right from the Engage columns.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Source Groups allow you to track and manage crucial Social Listening Sources for your business. Source Groups are a collection of Sources that your Topic Profile examines. They can include Social Assets like a Twitter handle or a Facebook page, as well as websites like blogs or forums.
With Source Groups, you can:
- Find specific Groups.
- Pull in all content from relevant sites, regardless of the keywords the Posts contain.
- Pull in keyword-matched content from a specific set of Sources.
- See a snapshot summary of all current Source Groups.
- Track the number of organization-wide Source Groups in use.
Macros in Salesforce Social Studio
Macros can help with the workflow processing of Posts that arrive in an Engage column.
Macros allow you to create instructions for frequently used activities and apply them to many Posts at once. Using Salesforce Social Studio, you can create two types of Macros:
Engagement Macros are useful to:
- Add a Post to one or more Workspaces.
- Apply the same Status, Priority, Assignment, Sentiment, Classification, Post Labels options to a Post.
- Apply the same note and Author Labels.
- Hide a Post that matches the same options in an Engage column.
- Send the Post to a specified Salesforce org.
Publishing Macros process Posts from the Publish calendar using a consistent Workflow. Use Publish Macros to:
- Auto apply a Macro to new Posts.
- Apply multiple Social Accounts to a new Post without selecting them each time.
- Apply the same Facebook Gating and Feed Targeting options in new Posts.
- Apply the same LinkedIn Targeting options in new Posts.
- To track visits, apply the same DMP parameters to URLs that are in new Posts for consistency.
Labels are a straightforward and adaptable labelling method. Labels come in two varieties in Social Studio:
Post Label: Post Labels are used to categorize/tag individual Posts based on the needs of your Organisation. For example, if a Post Label is used in conjunction with a Topic Profile, any rival Posts will be labelled as “Competitor” while your company postings will be labelled as “Own Posts.” If necessary, you can add more than one Post Label to a Post.
Publish Labels: Publish Labels are used as metadata on posts that have been created within Publish. Using relevant Publish Labels can help with the Organization and reporting of various Campaigns that may be running across multiple Posts and/or Social Networks. Publish Labels offer flexibility in filtering and showing only specific Posts within your Publish Calendar.
Salesforce Social Studio also contains a Sentiment Scoring Algorithm which examines the Post Sentiment and the overall Sentiment towards your Social Accounts, giving a score out of three options: Positive, Neutral, or Negative.
This Salesforce Sentiment Scoring Algorithm can be trained and refined to provide more accurate results on the incoming Posts. You can also customize the Sentiment Sentiment Scoring Algorithm for Posts by assigning Sentiment Weights to User-Defined Keywords.
Guide to Create a Social Media Post using Salesforce Social Studio
As highlighted earlier, with Salesforce Social Studio you can Schedule and Post on leading Social Media Channels and manage Customer Interaction simultaneously from the same Dashboard.
To create a Social Media Post from Salesforce Social Studio, perform the following actions:
Step 1: Click Edit Icon on the top left panel on your Salesforce Social Studio Platform. Select the Social Media Channel you would like to Post to. In our case, we will be proceeding with Facebook.
Step 2: Next, you can add Accounts to which you would like to post, and Content with Images, Videos, or third-party Apps.
For more information on framing your Business Posts, check out this wonderful Coschedule Guide to Social Media Best Practices.
Step 3: Once you have filled in all the information, you will get the options to share it immediately or schedule it for some other time, from which you can choose accordingly.
Workspace Content Reporting in Salesforce Social Studio
Salesforce Social Studio provides a number of Social Media Reports to assist you in tracking the Performance of your Content across all of your Social Media Accounts. These Reports can either provide a high-level overview of every account or focus on more particular elements of your Social Media Performance.
In Salesforce Salesforce Studio, you can customize the Report Metrics, set the frequency of Report generation, and apply advanced filtering to incoming Posts. You can also download and share these Content Performance Reports in PDF or CSV file formats.
To create a new Salesforce Studio Report, perform the following actions:
Step 1: Navigate to Analyze.
Step 2: Click Reports and under this tab click Create Report.
Step 3: Choose Dashboard Report.
You can create individual reports for each Social Account Dashboard using the same settings, or combine all Social Account Dashboards in the workspace into a single Report.
Step 4: Select the Report’s filters. These are the same filters that are used to filter an Engage column.
Step 5: Select the timeframe for post inclusion. The time frame can be set for Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month, Current and Previous Months, This Quarter or Last Quarter.
Step 6: Drag the dashboard cards into the order in which they will appear in the PDF report.
Step 7: Set the Report Schedule Frequency from any one of these options: Never, Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
Step 8: Click Save Changes.
Step 9: When finished, click Done.
You are now ready to access your new Salesforce Social Studio Report. To view the results of your Report, click on View Results.
Overall Salesforce Social Studio is crucial functionality for Business Social Media Management, Customer Relationship Management, and for extending brilliant, better, and fast Customer services. We looked at the following key aspects of Salesforce Social Studio:
- Customer Engagement
- Multi-Account Management
- Multi-User Collaboration
- Posts Scheduling
- Social Media Monitoring
- Topic Profiles
- Source Groups
- Macros in Salesforce Social Studio
- Content Reporting
This refined guide presented information on how Salesforce Social Studio can help your Marketing, Service and Sales Representatives maximize productivity and Project Workflow on Social Media Channels. With Salesforce Social Studio, every Social Interaction becomes a 360-degree view of your Customer.
As a matter of fact, being an expert or recurring Salesforce CRM User, you are most likely working with a large number of data sources, both internally and through external Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers. Having all of this data in one location like Data Warehouse facilitates analysis and speeds up the decision-making process. This necessitates integration with all third-party Apps and Services.
When you work with Hevo Activate, you get this superpower to load your aggregated Data from Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Amazon Redshift Google BigQuery, etc., and various other sources to CRMs such as Salesforce (Free Source Connector with Hevo), HubSpot, various SaaS applications, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Activate will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other more important aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer management, etc. Hevo Activate will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
And share with us your experience of learning about Salesforce Social Studio in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!