Most businesses consider Digital Marketing as one of the most reliable techniques to reach potential customers. These platforms can help businesses improve upon and automate a lot of processes making the job of their Marketing teams easier and faster. There are various tools used by Marketers today for running their Marketing Campaigns. Two of the most popular tools are SendGrid and HubSpot.
This article will help you understand what SendGrid and HubSpot are, why they’re used by Marketers, and how you can easily set up SendGrid HubSpot Integration to maximize the effects of your Marketing Campaigns.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to SendGrid
- Introduction to HubSpot
- Understanding the Need for SendGrid HubSpot Integration
- Methods to Set Up SendGrid HubSpot Integration
Introduction to SendGrid
SendGrid is a cloud-based SMTP provider that allows users to send Emails without setting up any Email Servers. SendGrid provides its users with reliable Email delivery, scalability, and real-time analytics along with a flexible API that allows users to set up custom integrations easily. It is a popular Email Automation platform with a strong focus on Email deliverability. This means that the platform ensures that Emails do not end up in the Spam folders of the recipients but are sent directly to the Inbox.
Some of the most well-known features of SendGrid are as follows:
- Email Deliverability: One of the most popular features of SendGrid is that ensures that emails reach the Inbox folder of the recipients and not the Spam folder. SendGrid helps businesses understand the various factors that might result in their Emails being sent to Spam. This could include parameters such as Bounce Rate, Spam Reports, IP Health, number of people unsubscribing, etc. Based on the understanding of these factors, it suggests changes to improve the sender’s reputation. It also has various functionalities that can implement Email validations to filter out misspelled, inactive, disposable, or non-existent Email Addresses so that your Email delivery rates and actions on Emails improve further
- Email Editor: SendGrid has its own Email Editor that allows users to implement pre-built Email templates or build templates from scratch either using its drag and drop functionality or coding the Email template from scratch. SendGrid also allows users to add custom tags to Emails which can be used to add custom fields. These custom fields can be used to personalize Email based on the information that the businesses have about the recipients.
- Analytics: SendGrid houses robust in-built functionality that allows businesses to get comprehensive insights into customer behavior. Along with basic metrics such as the number of Opens, Clicks, Bounces, Spam Reports, etc., SendGrid also allows businesses to track various complex metrics such as Opens by location, email provider, device, etc.
Introduction to HubSpot
HubSpot is a well-known full stack of software that provides various functionalities to implement Customer-Relationship Management (CRM), Content Management System (CMS), Marketing, Sales, and a Service Hub. It can be seen as an inbound Marketing and Sales platform that can help businesses attract potential customers, convert them to leads, and ultimately into paying customers. Some of the most well-known features of HubSpot are:
- HubSpot Marketing Hub: Provides all tools that are required to run Marketing Campaigns that can attract and engage all potential and current customers. It can also help you create compelling content that can ensure that your visitors get converted to leads and your leads get converted to customers. It provides various tools to manage your Landing Pages, Emails, Blogs, Social Media, SEO, etc.
- HubSpot CRM: Provides all functionality required to track and organize your leads and customers. It provides all tools to store and manage Contact Information, Activity Tracking, Conversion Pipeline Status for Leads, etc.
- HubSpot Sales Hub: Provides all tools that can help your Sales team close the deals by converting leads into paying customers. It has all the required functionality that can help the Sales teams easily contact potential customers. Tools provided in the HubSpot Sales Hub include Calling, Email Sequences, and Templates, Meetings Scheduler, Pipeline Tracking, etc.
- HubSpot Service Hub: Provides all functionalities to ensure the required support to existing customers. This will help in making sure that the customers don’t face any inconvenience while using your product or service. The various tools provided in HubSpot Service Hub are Support Ticket management, Live Chats, Business Knowledge Base, Reporting, etc.
Understanding the Need for SendGrid HubSpot Integration
A lot of businesses use SendGrid to send Promotional and Transactional Emails to their customers. There are a lot of times when certain conversations are carried out between a lead and the Sales team. This conversation could bring the lead closer to becoming a paying customer. All this information has to be present in HubSpot since HubSpot is the platform being used to manage the relationship with the customer and hence, this change in the status of the lead has to be updated in HubSpot as well.
Another reason why SendGrid HubSpot Integration is required is that all contact information regarding any leads, visitors, customers, etc. has to be stored in HubSpot. If the Sales team directly uses SendGrid to contact customers at any point, their information will not be stored in HubSpot. Hence, it can be said that if a business is using HubSpot and SendGrid, it is necessary for them to properly set up SendGrid HubSpot Integration to ensure that there is no data loss at any point.
Methods to Set Up SendGrid HubSpot Integration
This method involves manually exporting the required data from SendGrid as CSV and importing the CSV files into HubSpotGet Started with Hevo for free
Hevo Activate provides a hassle-free solution and helps you directly transfer data from SendGrid to HubSpot without any intervention in an effortless manner for free. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Hevo’s pre-built integration with SendGrid (among 100+ Sources) will take full charge of the data transfer process, allowing you to focus on key business activities. It helps transfer data from HubSpot to a destination of your choice for free. Get started with Hevo Activate today!Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
Methods to Set Up SendGrid HubSpot Integration
The two methods to set up SendGrid HubSpot Integration are as follows:
- Method 1: Manual SendGrid HubSpot Integration
- Method 2: Using Hevo Activate, a Simple Way to Set up SendGrid HubSpot Integration
Method 1: Manual SendGrid HubSpot Integration
This method involves first exporting the required contact data from SendGrid and then importing it into HubSpot. This process can be done by following the steps stated below.
- Step 1: Generate SendGrid API Key
- Step 2: Export Contacts using SendGrid API
- Step 3: Importing Data into HubSpot
Step 1: Generate SendGrid API Key
Open SendGrid settings from the left Navigation Bar, and select “API Keys.” From the upper right corner, select “Create API Key.” You will see a page similar to the image below allowing you to define the specifics of your API Key.
Enter a unique name for your API Key, select “Full Access” for API Key Permissions, and select “Create and View.”
Copy the API Key created and save it in a secure location.
Step 2: Export Contacts using SendGrid API
In the “Try It Out” section, enter the API Key acquired in the previous step and paste it in the “Authorization” textbox under the “Headers” section.
In the “Request Body” Section, change the “email” parameter to “true” as shown in the image below.
Also, enter the IDs of the contacts in the “list_id” parameter if only some specific contacts are to be exported and the Segment ID in the “segment_ids” parameter if only specific Segments of contacts are to be exported. All contacts can be extracted by removing these two parameters.
Select the “Send Request” button once the above steps have been performed. This will send a CSV file with all your contact data to your registered Email Address that can be downloaded and saved on your computer.
Step 3: Importing Data into HubSpot
Sign-in on your HubSpot account and go to the Contacts section. On the top right corner, click “Import” and then select “Start an Import.”
Select “File from Computer”, then “One File” and finally “One Object.” A page similar to the one in the image below will appear. On this page, select “Contacts.”
On the next page, each column in the file imported has to be mapped to each attribute that is stored for your contacts on HubSpot.
Once all columns have been mapped, the import process is complete and all the imported contacts will get added to your contacts in HubSpot.
Limitations of Setting up SendGrid HubSpot Integration Manually
The limitations associated with manual SendGrid HubSpot Integration are as follows:
- Manual SendGrid HubSpot Integration is a complex process that might be tough to perform for someone who does not have enough technical knowledge.
- The process of exporting the contacts from SendGrid and importing them into HubSpot has to be done manually every time contacts in HubSpot have to be updated.
- Every time the list of contacts is exported from SendGrid, it will also include the contacts that were imported into HubSpot previously. Hence, the existing records either have to manually be removed from the exported contacts before they are imported into HubSpot or duplicates have to be removed from HubSpot once contacts are imported.
- HubSpot has no functionality to import Email data from CSV and hence, there’s no direct way to import this data manually.
Method 2: Using Hevo Activate, a Simple Way to Set up SendGrid HubSpot Integration
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from SendGrid and various other sources for free to CRMs such as HubSpot, various SaaS applications, data warehouses, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. It helps transfer data from HubSpot to a destination of your choice for free. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo Activate takes care of all your data preprocessing needs and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate with its strong Integration with 100+ sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc. such as Airflow, HubSpot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
This article provided you with an in-depth understanding of what SendGrid and HubSpot are along with a step-by-step guide on how you can set up SendGrid HubSpot Integration. The process can be either done manually if the limitations stated aren’t a concern or can be automated using Hevo.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from a source of your choice to a Data Warehouse or any SaaS application, CRMs, etc. in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It helps transfer data from HubSpot to a destination of your choice for free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.