Salesforce is an excellent tool for Customer Relationship management and offers several out-of-the-box features to maintain the customer relationship and understand customer behavior. If you have the customer data on Snowflake and you want to migrate that customer data from Snowflake to Salesforce for a better understanding of the customer’s behavior, then you are in the right place.
In this blog post, you will go through Snowflake, Salesforce and its features, and you will also learn how to migrate the data from Snowflake to Salesforce.
Here’s the outline that you’ll be covering in this post:
- What is Snowflake
- What is Salesforce
- Methods to Connect Snowflake to Salesforce
What is Snowflake
Snowflake is a fully-managed relational data warehouse on the cloud and available as Software-as-a-Service. It uses AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform’s cloud storage for its persistent store and computes instances to know the analytics. Being a fully managed service, Snowflake itself manages the hardware, installations, maintenance, configurations, etc.
Snowflake has exceptional capabilities to handle huge volumes of data and automatically scales up and down concerning data volumes. It uses ANSI SQL to perform analytics over the data and has excellent query optimization and result in caching techniques for better performance.
Key Features of Snowflake
- Result Caching: Snowflake works on the caching model so that when the same query is re-issued, it quickly results from the cache. Snowflake uses persisted (within the session) query results to avoid re-generating the output when nothing has changed.
- Query Optimization: Snowflake can optimize the query by clustering and partitioning on its own. You don’t need to worry about query optimization.
- Secure Data Sharing: Secure Data Sharing enables account-to-account sharing of data through Snowflake database tables, views, and UDFs.
- File Formats: Snowflake supports structured and semi-structured data such as JSON, Avro, ORC, Parquet, and XML data. It provides a particular column type, VARIANT, which allows you to store semi-structured data.
- Standard and Extended SQL Support: Snowflake has excellent support for ANSI SQL and supports advanced SQL functionality like merge, lateral view, statistical functions, and many more.
- Fault-Tolerant: Snowflake provides exceptional fault-tolerant capabilities to recover the Snowflake object (tables, views, database, schema, etc.) in case of failure.
What is Salesforce
Salesforce is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform and is available as Platform-as-a-Service over the cloud. It maintains and manages your customer interaction efficiently. Salesforce is known for its CRM applications for sales, marketing, service, community, analytics etc. Salesforce provides JDBC connectors and API’s that allow you to migrate the data from source to Salesforce.
Key Features of Salesforce
- Contact Management: Salesforce provides critical insights on the customer data and history for a better understanding of their behaviours and patterns.
- Dynamic Dashboards: Salesforce allows you to create real-time reports that may include market trends, customer behaviour, sales insights, etc. to visualize how your business is performing.
- Opportunity Management: Salesforce provides an excellent view of the customer timeline. You can analyse their buying pattern, metrics, purchasing history and many more. Visualization helps an organization to strategize their decisions correctly.
- Email Integrations: With Salesforce, you can integrate your mail servers like Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, etc. and synchronize your calendars and schedules instantly. You can also access it offline and design custom templates for potential customers.
- Active Snowflake account with warehouse, schema, database and tables created.
- Active Salesforce account.
- You need a working knowledge of Salesforce and Snowflake data objects.
Hevo Activate: Seamlessly Integrate Snowflake to Salesforce
Using the in-built Salesforce Snowflake connector to connect Snowflake to Salesforce is one such way. This method requires you to install the official Salesforce Snowflake connector and then log in using your Snowflake credentials to transfer your Snowflake data objects to Salesforce seamlessly.
Hevo Activate provides a hassle-free solution and helps you directly transfer data from Snowflake to Salesforce for free without any intervention in an effortless manner. Hevo Activate is fully-managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Hevo’s pre-built integration with Snowfake (among 100+ Sources) will take full charge of the data transfer process, allowing you to focus on key business activities.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Methods to Connect Snowflake to Salesforce
Now that you have a basic understanding of Snowflake and Salesforce; let’s see how you can move the data from the Snowflake to Salesforce.
- Method 1: Using the Salesforce Snowflake Connector
- Method 2: Using Hevo Activate, A convenient way to connect Snowflake to Salesforce
Method 1: Using the Salesforce Snowflake Connector
Salesforce allows users to load data directly from Snowflake by leveraging its in-built connector. With the in-built Snowflake connector in place, users can sync their objects from Snowflake seamlessly. To use the in-built “Salesforce Connect – Snowflake Provider” connector, you will have to log in to your Snowflake account and choose the objects you want to sync, allowing the data objects; their relationships and fields to get populated in Salesforce.
You can click here to check out the official Snowflake documentation and learn more about the step by step process.
Method 2: Using Hevo Activate, A convenient way to connect Snowflake to Salesforce
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from Snowflake and various other sources to CRMs such as Salesforce, various SaaS applications, data warehouse for free, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo Activate takes care of all your data preprocessing needs and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Check out what makes Hevo Activate amazing
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate with its strong integration with 100+ sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc. such as Airflow, Hubspot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
In this blog post, you have seen how to move data from Snowflake to Salesforce. However, certain complicated steps need to be configured correctly to move the data smoothly. But, if you’re looking for an easy solution, you should try – Hevo Activate.
Hevo Activate, helps you transfer data from a source of your choice in a fully-automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly. Hevo Activate, with its strong integration with 100+ sources (Including Free Sources like Salesforce) and BI tools, allows you to export, load, transform, and enrich your data and make it analysis-ready in an instant.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a ride? Sign Up and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of connecting Snowflake to Salesforce in the comment section below.