Manually tracking Sales-Based Leads and Collecting data from Customer Interactions, Social Media, Emails, etc. can be a tedious task, especially if your customer base is growing exponentially. To overcome this hurdle, you can use Automated CRM Platforms like Salesforce.
Salesforce offers an array of functions that are designed for Sales and Customer Service professionals to help manage Leads and Clients in a seamless manner. Salesforce also provides Salesforce Objects that form the basis of your Customer Relationship Management and help you to collect all the data relevant to your company.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a decent understanding of Salesforce and the salient features that it offers. You will also learn about Objects in Salesforce and the steps required to create your own Custom Objects in Salesforce in no time!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Introduction to Salesforce Objects
- Types of Objects in Salesforce
- Steps to Set up Custom Objects in Salesforce
- An active Salesforce account.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most popular Cloud-Based Customer Relationship Management Platforms that emphasize optimizing business operations like Sales, Marketing, and more. With continued development and efforts, Salesforce has also specialized in Data Analytics, Marketing Automation, Customer Service, and Platform Development applications.
Salesforce automates repetitive daily tasks for administrators so that they can focus on more strategic business activities. It is a complete solution for companies that want to easily manage customer data from different platforms such as Email, Chat, and Social Media. Salesforce allows you to design Sales Pipelines and Marketing Campaigns that will automatically track Leads, Manage Contacts and Generate Reports for further analysis.
Key Features of Salesforce
Some of the key features of Salesforce are as follows:
- Simplified Account Management: Salesforce enables companies to have a holistic view of their customers. It allows you to always have access to the Activity History, Customer Communication, Important Contacts, Internal Account Discussions, etc.
- Lead Management: Salesforce enables companies to track their Leads and continuously optimize their Campaigns across all channels so that they can make data-driven decisions.
- Sales Data: With Salesforce, companies can get easy access to the Sales Data in real-time which can be used to connect with Leads and increase Marketing productivity.
- Reports and Dashboards: Salesforce Dashboards provide a real-time and intuitive view of your business performance. It enables companies to view detailed reports that can be seamlessly accessed by any of the team members.
- File Sync and Sharing: Salesforce gives companies the ability to easily share files, discuss them with the entire team, and track its content in real-time. Users can also use the Quick Search option to search a specific section of the content.
- Workflow and Approvals: With Salesforce Visual Workflow, companies can quickly design and automate all business processes by leveraging the drag-and-drop functionality that can be used to drive success with flexible approval processes for Expenses, Customer Discounts, Trial Periods, and more.
For further information on Salesforce, click here to check out their official website.
Introduction to Salesforce Objects
Salesforce Objects are the fundamental building blocks of the huge Salesforce CRM Platform. Objects in Salesforce are considered to be digital tables that contain important data and information associated with an organization. In addition to storing information about the business, Objects in Salesforce also provide unique features to the company. You can compare Salesforce Objects with tables in an Excel document that has multiple rows and columns.
The data is stored in the form of relational tables in various Salesforce Objects. Each of these tables contains numerous records that essentially define the structure of the Platform. In a nutshell, Salesforce Objects are nothing but Virtual tables that store specific data about an organization.
Simplify Customer and Product Analytics using Hevo Activate
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc., and various other sources to CRMs such as Salesforce, HubSpot, various SaaS applications, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner for free. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo Activate takes care of all your data preprocessing needs and lets you focus on key business activities, and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo Activate amazing:
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate, with its strong Integration with various sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Data Warehouses and load it into Marketing & SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk, Intercom, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Users can leverage Hevo Activate to perform the following operations:
- Create User Segments: Creating user segments allows the Marketing and Sales teams to understand how resources should be utilized for different kinds of users. This allows teams to focus on channels that convert better and maximize their Return On Investment (ROI).
- Build 360 View of Customers: This can be used to understand each customer better and plan strategies accordingly to ensure maximum revenue. This information can also be leveraged to help Support teams prioritize Enterprise customers. Businesses can seamlessly sync all customer data into their support software and respond quicker with a holistic customer background.
- Sync Product Data into Sales CRM: Hevo Activate can be leveraged to get all product data in the CRM tool of choice, allowing businesses to track user activity easily. Users can be segmented based on their activity, and that information can be used to improve product adoption and prevent churns.
Types of Objects in Salesforce
Objects in Salesforce are broadly divided into two categories. They are as follows:
Standard Objects in Salesforce represent the Objects that the Salesforce Platform has already created for the customers. These are pre-existing tables that Salesforce CRM offers for a variety of different environments. Salesforce Objects are vulnerable to minimal configuration and provide adequate functionality for a wide range of businesses.
To leverage the Standard Objects, all you have to do is log into the Salesforce Platform. It does not require any technical knowledge or Programming Skills to use Standard Objects in Salesforce. These Objects give users complete information about the stored details of certain datasets and their relevance in a project.
Some of the most used Standard Objects in Salesforce are as follows:
- Lead: Leads are the Standard Objects in Salesforce that contain the list of entities (mainly prospects) who appear to be interested in the products offered by you and are more likely to convert. Lead is possibly the most important aspect to consider if Driving Sales and Generating Revenue are your company’s primary goals.
- Account: Once you are finished with Creating and Converting Leads, you should focus on the accounts that your company manages. An account represents the Standard Objects in Salesforce which consists of information about all the companies you have a relationship with. An account can have the name of a Business or Industry that has a legitimate interest in your company. In addition to companies, this Salesforce Object can also contain a list of individual customers that you deal with on a regular basis.
- Opportunity: Opportunity encompasses any event that has the potential to Convert Leads, Close Deals, and Generate Revenue for your company. It also contains information about certain pending deals that are most likely to get converted if the “Opportunity” is adequately captured by your Sales team.
- Activity: Activity is the Standard Object which stores information about important Calendar Events and Tasks.
- Reports: These Standard Objects in Salesforce consist of a Statistical Analysis of all data stored within the Salesforce CRM Platform.
- Asset: Assets are the Standard Objects in Salesforce which represent the monetary value of a product sold by the company. This Object is used to track previously sold assets on customer accounts. Asset tracking enables a client application to quickly determine which products were previously sold or are currently installed on a particular client’s account.
Unlike Standard Salesforce Objects, Custom Objects are the Objects in Salesforce that are created by the users according to their requirements. Although several Objects are already integrated into the Salesforce CRM platform, they cannot meet all the unique business requirements of every company. Salesforce offers the option of creating Custom Objects to overcome this hurdle, allowing users to create Custom Objects that are unique to their organization and serve specific purposes. Custom Objects in Salesforce are critical to the Application Development Process as they are highly customizable and provide a structure for developers to easily share.
Steps to Set up Custom Objects in Salesforce
You can follow the steps given below to create Custom Objects in Salesforce:
- Step 1: Log in to your Salesforce account.
- Step 2: Navigate to the upper right corner of the Home page of your Salesforce org, click and then select the “Setup” option.
- Step 3: Under the Build section, click on the Create option and then select Object.
- Step 4: Click on the New Custom Object button to create a new Object.
- Step 5: Enter a name of your choice for the Custom Object that you want to create. Fill in certain fields like Label, Plural Label, and Object Name.
- Step 6: Mark the check box that says “Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object” and then click on Save.
- Step 7: You can also select an icon for the tab. To do so, click on the Search icon and then click on Save.
- Step 8: You can also make the Custom Object available to all profiles by selecting the appropriate option.
In this article, you learned about Salesforce and the salient features that it offers. You also learned about Salesforce Objects and the steps required to create Custom Objects in Salesforce in a seamless manner. However, to carry out an in-depth analysis of your Campaigns, Customer, and other Marketing Initiatives, you would often need to extract data from multiple sources to have all insights. Integrating your customer data from a diverse set of sources into your CRM application such as Salesforce can be challenging and this is where Hevo Activate comes into the picture.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Activate will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like analytics, customer management, etc. This platform allows you to transfer data from Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc to various CRMs like Salesforce and SaaS applications for free. It will provide you a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of learning about Objects in Salesforce. Tell us in the comments below!