In this post, you will learn how to connect WooCommerce to Salesforce. As you are probably aware, WooCommerce holds around 28% of all online stores. It is the most popular plugin/module on the internet, and currently, there are 3 million + live websites using WooCommerce.
WooCommerce stores generate a lot of data, which is why businesses are looking for CRM software like Salesforce as the go-to tool for generating leads, organizing business contacts, products, orders, and managing interactions. The idea behind the concept of syncing WooCommerce data with Salesforce is to automate order processing, maintain proper inventory of stock, increase data integrity, provide brilliant customer care services, and much more.
Salesforce holds around 20% of the CRM market. If you are here, you probably already use Salesforce to manage all your Sales data, e.g. Opportunities, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, etc.
Table of Contents
- Method 1: Salesforce Integration with Hevo Activate
- Method 2: Use a Custom ELT/ETL Script
- Method 3: Use a 3rd Party Plugin/App
3 Methods to Connect WooCommerce to Salesforce
There are 3 ways in which you can move data from WooCommerce to Salesforce.
Hevo Activate provides a hassle-free solution and helps you directly Connect WooCommerce to Salesforce without any intervention in an effortless manner. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Hevo’s pre-built integration with various data sources such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Salesforce, HubSpot, etc., will take full charge of the data transfer process, allowing you to focus on key business activities. It helps transfer data from HubSpot to a destination of your choice for free.
You can use any programming language to write an ELT/ETL script and connect WooCommerce to Salesforce in minutes in a seamless fashion. However, this method offers various limitations.
Method 3: Use a 3rd Party Plugin/App
In this method, you will use a 3rd party plugin/app to connect WooCommerce to Salesforce. You will learn how to automatically create leads, contacts, or objects in Salesforce when an order is placed in WooCommerce to establish a connection in a seamless fashion.
Let’s discuss these options in detail.
Method 1: Salesforce Integration with Hevo Activate
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc., and various other sources to CRMs such as HubSpot, Salesforce, various SaaS applications, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. It helps transfer data from WooCommerce to a destination of your choice for free. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo Activate takes care of all your data preprocessing needs and lets you focus on key business activities, and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
Benefits of Hevo Activate are listed below:
- Simple: Hevo Activate offers a simple and intuitive user interface. It has a minimal learning curve.
- Real-Time: Hevo Activate provides real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Secure: Hevo Activate provides end-to-end encryption and two-factor authentication.
- Fully Automated: Hevo Activate can be set up in a few minutes and requires zero maintenance.
- Scalability: Hevo Activate is built to handle millions of records per minute without any latency.
- Live Support: Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Method 2: Use a Custom ELT/ETL Script
Integration of WooCommerce to Salesforce can also be achieved by using a programming language.
Limitations of using a Custom ELT/ETL Script
Connecting WooCommerce to Salesforce using a custom ELT/ETL script is not a popular choice because of the following reasons:
- Custom ETL scripts offer no data transformation.
- These scripts require engineering skills and bandwidth.
- Custom scripts are error-prone.
- Custom scripts require a lot of maintenance as the script’s development is based on the present environmental conditions. However, the IT environment is constantly evolving, and these scripts need to adapt to the changes.
Method 3: Use a 3rd Party Plugin/App
This guide will focus on using a 3rd party app to connect WooCommerce to Salesforce. You will learn how to automatically create leads, contacts or object in Salesforce when an order is placed in your WooCommerce store to save hours of manual data entry.
You will connect your WooCommerce Leads, Orders, and Forms to the Salesforce CRM using an open-source WooCommerce plugin/extension. Subsequently, any transaction that is recorded by WooCommerce will be sent to your Salesforce account. For example:
- When an Order creation takes place in WooCommerce, an Opportunity is created in Salesforce.
- When an Order creation takes place in WooCommerce, an Order is created in Salesforce.
- When a Customer creation takes place in WooCommerce, a Contact is created in Salesforce.
- When a Product creation takes place in WooCommerce, an Item is created in Salesforce.
Let’s see how this section is structured for you:
- A Salesforce account.
- A WordPress website with WooCommerce installed.
- Your site should be running on the HTTPS protocol mainly because of Salesforce.
Steps to Connect WooCommerce to Salesforce
Let’s see how you will connect Woocommerce to Salesforce in a few simple steps.
- Step 1: Installation Procedure
- Step 2: Setup Procedure
- Step 3: Edit and Activate the Default Salesforce and WooCommerce Relationships
Step 1: Installation Procedure
- Download the plugin to your local computer using the link here.
- From your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Click on the Upload Plugin button to upload the zip file.
- From your WordPress plugins page, check that WooCommerce Salesforce Integration is in the list of installed plugins and click on Activate to activate the plugin.
Step 2: Setup Procedure
- After you have successfully activated the plugin, go to WooCommerce → Settings → Integration tab. Here you will find two inputs that you need to fill in, Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. You will also find a Callback URL. You will need to Copy and Paste the Callback URL in your Salesforce account to obtain these keys.
- To retrieve your access tokens (Consumer and Secret Keys), you have to log in to your Salesforce account.
- Navigate to Setup on the top right corner.
- You need to create a new Connected App so on the left menu, under PLATFORM TOOLS, select Apps → App Manager → New Connected App.
- Fill all the required data and enable OAuth Settings. Give this new app the following permissions:
- Access and manage your data (API).
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time.
- When done, click Save, and you redirect to a new page with Consumer and Secret Key similar to the one below. Note that you’ll need to allow from 2-10 minutes for your changes to take effect on the server before using the connected app.
- Copy and paste the Consumer Key and Secret Key in the WooCommerce Plugin Settings page and click on Save Changes.
- It promotes you to allow the plugin to use your Salesforce data and after that, it will redirect back to the Plugins Settings page. You can view the default relationships between WooCommerce and Salesforce objects.
Step 3: Edit and Activate the Default Salesforce and WooCommerce Relationships
- In the main WordPress admin page, navigate to WooCommerce → Settings → Integration.
- Under the section New Relationship, select the Salesforce and WooCommerce objects that you want to connect and click on the Add button.
- It redirects you to a new form where you can see the list of Salesforce object fields such as string, boolean, double, integer, etc. Make sure to match the corresponding field types. Here is an example:
- When defining the relationships process completes, click on the Save changes button.
- On the main Settings page, you can see a table of the already defined relationships.
- Check the option Automatic order sync, so that each order that is placed by a will be automatically synchronized. You can put some orders to test this functionality.
If the synchronization is successful, the status will change to success; otherwise, it’ll change to fail with an error message that describes what went wrong. Normally it’s a missing object dependency or required field. If the status is successful, you can see this order in your Salesforce account.
In this blog, you learned how to connect WooCommerce to Salesforce using three different methods. You also learned about the various challenges of using custom ELT/ETL scripts. But, if you want to automate the process of connecting WooCommerce to Salesforce for free, you can use Hevo Activate. It lets you send data directly to your applications from your data sources or warehouse.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo Activate for a ride? Sign Up and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of connecting WooCommerce to Salesforce in the comment section below.