Do you wish to connect WordPress to Salesforce to manage your leads more efficiently? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. Whether you are a small business owner or running an Enterprise-level business or a Non-profit organization, your website is often the first place where potential clients get to see your services. Here, clients can share information with you and even go ahead and purchase services and products. In such situations, you are often bundled with a high volume of data. This is where Customer Relationship Management (CRM) comes in. In simple terms, CRM refers to all the strategies used by companies to attract and retain their clients.
How exactly is CRM related to websites? As a business owner, you need to keep track of data relating to clients visiting your website to develop better and more effective lead generation techniques. For most companies, lead generation is a manual process where website contact forms are used to generate leads which are then added to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
Salesforce is the world’s leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software popular with Small-to-Medium Enterprise (SMEs), Multinational firms, and even Non-profits. On the other hand, WordPress is the top content management system used for website building and hosting. By connecting WordPress to Salesforce, you stand to gain numerous advantages, some of which are as follows:
- Track User Activity: Provided you have the required computer resources, you can track logged-in user activity, which will allow you to identify the most trafficked areas of your WordPress site.
- Enhanced WordPress User-friendliness: By connecting WordPress to Salesforce, you can sync fields between the two software so that your entire team has access to the same data. The overall benefit is that the User Experience is enhanced.
- Convert Form Submissions into Leads: Connecting WordPress to Salesforce lets you enjoy a better Marketing experience by converting forms into leads. This way, you can track your forms’ performance in your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Campaign Association: You can easily associate your custom WordPress actions with Salesforce campaigns.
Above are a few benefits you stand to gain by connecting the two platforms. This post will give you a comprehensive outline of how to connect WordPress to Salesforce. By the end, you should have the capability of handling it with minor or no hitches and experience the full benefit of using Salesforce along with WordPress.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Understanding the Key Features of Salesforce
- Introduction to WordPress
- Understanding the Key Features of WordPress
- Steps to Connect WordPress to Salesforce
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a Cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company. It provides a robust Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool along with a suite of Enterprise applications focused on Marketing Automation, Customer Service, Analytics, Application Development, etc. Salesforce became the preferred tools for a large number of businesses because of the following reasons:
- Easy Setup: A traditional Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software can take up to a year to install and deploy. In contrast, Salesforce can be easily set up within a few weeks.
- Ease of Use: Salesforce wins in the easy-to-use category easily. Businesses usually spend more time putting it to use and less time figuring out how it works.
- Effective: Since the software is easy to use and can be customized by businesses to meet their requirements, customers find the tool very effective.
More information about Salesforce can be found here.
Understanding the Key Features of Salesforce
The key features of Salesforce are as follows:
- Opportunity Management: This is one of the most beneficial Salesforce features. In normal circumstances, an opportunity is a situation that may present potential benefits in the present or near future. However, in Salesforce, an opportunity is a past or pending sale. In this regard, Opportunity Management combines all the processes involved in organizing your data in Salesforce.
- Quote Management: With this feature, you stand at a better chance to forecast sales with efficient product tracking capabilities. You can track the products with fields such as price, quantity, product code, etc.
- Lead Management: With the lead management feature in Salesforce, you can capture leads and scour them to identify sale-ready ones. You can prioritize these leads and assign them to the appropriate representatives.
- Dynamic Dashboards and Custom Reports: Salesforce offers user-friendly dashboards that give you a visual representation of how your business is performing in the market.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is a popular application that allows you to build websites and publish content online quickly. It was launched in 2003 and has since grown to power almost 40% of the websites on the Internet. It is now the most popular website building platform in the world. WordPress is an Open-source Content Management tool licensed under GNU General Public License (GPLv2), which means that anyone can use or modify WordPress for free based on their requirements. A Content Management system makes it easy to manage critical aspects of your website without any technical knowledge about website development.
More information about WordPress can be found here.
Understanding the Key Features of WordPress
The key features of WordPress are as follows:
- Simplicity: You do not need coding knowledge to build and post on your WordPress website. The platform is designed to be easy to use and eliminates the hassles of creating a website from scratch.
- Post Scheduling: WordPress allows you to schedule when content will be posted on your website, allowing you to create content ahead of time. You can also keep everything as a draft until you’re ready to publish it.
- Add Staff Editors: WordPress gives you the authority to add multiple editors and provide them with access to the website. This way, you can delegate tasks and let different team members publish content simultaneously.
- Themes: WordPress has a wide range of themes available for users to select. This way, you can give your site the perfect feel and look without needing any coding background.
Simplify Product and Customer Analytics using Hevo Activate
Hevo Activate helps you directly transfer data from Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc., and various sources to CRMs such as Salesforce, HubSpot, various SaaS applications, Data Warehouses, and a lot more, in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source like Salesforce but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form for free without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo Activate takes care of all your data preprocessing needs and lets you focus on key business activities, and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo Activate amazing:
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate, with its strong Integration with 100+ sources, allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc. such as Airflow, HubSpot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Steps to Connect WordPress to Salesforce
The Salesforce Web-to-Lead function is by far the quickest and cheapest method of connecting WordPress to Salesforce. Although it is limited in functionality, it is still an easy and fast method of performing the process. The Web-to-Lead function is a feature that comes with Salesforce and allows you generate a form you can place on any website. Using this function, you don’t need to spend time and resources getting an extra plug-in as you would in other methods of connecting WordPress to Salesforce.
Users can connect WordPress to Salesforce by implementing the following steps:
- WordPress to Salesforce Step 1: Open the Setup panel, click on Feature Settings, followed by Marketing, and finally Web-to-Lead.
You will now see the following page:
- WordPress to Salesforce Step 2: As indicated by the arrow in the screenshot, click on the Create Web-to-Lead Form. This will generate a new HTML code.
- WordPress to Salesforce Step 3: Paste this code in WordPress as HTML. This will complete your WordPress to Salesforce connection setup.
You have no successfully connected WordPress to Salesforce. Now once visitors enter their information in the form that was created, it will get stored on Salesforce.
By connecting WordPress to Salesforce, you can now take advantage of the full functionality of these two tools. This article provided you an understanding of how you can easily connect WordPress to Salesforce.
There are, however, certain limitations associated with using Web-to-Lead to connect WordPress to Salesforce. The Web-to-Lead form is considered to be hard to customize. For example, if you wish to add custom branding and styling to a Salesforce Web-to-Lead form, you have to add the design manually to the form’s HTML code once it’s on your site. This would require engineering efforts and coding knowledge.
It also does not offer any advanced features to reduce user friction. This means that you cannot perform A/B tests on form elements, prefill forms for users, add conditional logic, set up third-party integrations, etc. Finally, Salesforce only allows you to generate 500 leads in 24 hours. If you exceed that limit, Salesforce will email you the Web-to-Lead records as they come in, which means that you will have to track the leads manually. This means that there would no point of the WordPress to Salesforce connection beyond 500 leads since you would have to deal with them manually.
These limitations can be overcome using platforms like Hevo Activate. It helps you directly transfer data from a source of your choice, such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, etc., to any SaaS application, CRMs such as Salesforce, etc., in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly for free. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for the 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.