In this article, you will see the steps to connect Zendesk to Salesforce and how you can choose Salesforce users who can view Zendesk tickets.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Zendesk
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Method 1: Connect Zendesk to Salesforce Using Zendesk Admin Center
- Method 2: Connect Zendesk to Salesforce Using Hevo Activate
Introduction to Zendesk
Zendesk is a cloud-based customer service software. Using Zendesk, you can track customer data from several channels, unify it, and analyze. Zendesk lets you manage and monitor customer life-cycles. It includes a ticketing system, sales CRM, call center software, analytics, and reporting.
Zendesk easily integrates with several third-party applications such as BI tools, marketing tools, e-commerce platforms, social media platforms, etc. Zendesk lets you get constant customer feedback through its platform, brings together requests from several platforms through its ticketing system, and has good reporting capabilities to let you get an overview of your service desk activities.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a cloud-based tool that helps you manage customer interactions. It has an interactive dashboard that gives a good overview of the business performance with various key customer-oriented metrics. Salesforce also supports integrations with several applications and even gives you offline access to emails.
In the next sections let us see how you can connect Zendesk to Salesforce.
The following methods can be used to connect Zendesk to Salesforce
This process involves connecting Zendesk to Salesforce via the Zendesk Admin Center. This is a simple 3-step process as mentioned below and offers numerous benefits.
- Check Salesforce Sessions Settings
- Connect Zendesk to Salesforce
- Set-up Salesforce User Access to Zendesk Tickets
Hevo Activate provides a hassle-free solution and helps you directly transfer data from Redshift, Snowflake, Zendesk, etc., to Salesforce without any intervention in an effortless manner free of cost. Hevo Activate is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Hevo’s pre-built integration with Intercom (among 100+ Sources) is free of cost and will take full charge of the data transfer process, allowing you to focus on key business activities.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Method 1: Connect Zendesk to Salesforce Using Zendesk Admin Center
Steps to Check Salesforce Sessions Settings
Before integrating Salesforce to Zendesk, ensure that the Salesforce session is not a locked IP address. To do this you need to make sure that Session Settings are set correctly.
Step 1: Log into Salesforce and click on the cog symbol in the upper right. Select Setup.
Step 2: Go to the left navigation pane, under SETTINGS, select Security, and review that the Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated checkbox is not checked.
Steps to Connect Zendesk to Salesforce
Step 1: Go to the Admin Center in Zendesk and click on the Integrations icon in the navigation panel on the left.
Step 2: Find Salesforce integration and click on Connect.
Step 3: Choose your Salesforce integration instance.
Step 4: Select Install managed package. In a new web-browser tab, you will see Salesforce open up. You have to log in to Salesforce if you aren’t already. Select Install for All Users. Click on Install and then click on Done.
Step 5: Now get back to the Admin Center and Connect. When prompted, select Allow access.
Steps to Set-up Salesforce User Access to Zendesk Tickets
Step 1: Go to Salesforce and find the cog symbol in the upper right. Click on the cog and then click on Setup.
Step 2: Go to the navigation pane on the left. Under Platform Tools, select Manage Connected Apps. Click on Salesforce Integration for Zendesk app.
Step 3: Select Edit Policies and under OAuth Policies, set Permitted Users to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized” and save.
Step 4: Back on Salesforce Integration for Zendesk app, under Profiles, click on Manage Profiles. Now you get to choose which users can view Zendesk tickets. Mandatorily select System Administrator profile and save.
That’s it! Now the Salesforce users you have selected can view Zendesk tickets.
Now check out Method 2!
Method 2: Connect Zendesk to Salesforce Using Hevo Activate, a Cloud-based Data Integration Tool
Hevo Activate is a completely managed cloud-based ETL tool that can load data to multiple applications from databases and data sources including Zendesk and Salesforce for free. Hevo Activate provides an easy-to-use interface that can accomplish such load jobs in a matter of few clicks. It can transform data on the fly and facilitate recurring jobs to load data to Salesforce.
Hevo Activate takes care of all your data pre-processing needs and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
Check out what makes Hevo Activate amazing:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo Activate with its strong integration with 100+ sources (Including 30+ Free Sources like Zendesk and Salesforce), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo Activate has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo Activate houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc. such as Airflow, Hubspot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo Activate is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo Activate is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo Activate team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
This blog discusses the two methods you can use to set up a connection from Zendesk to Salesforce in a seamless fashion. It also gives a brief introduction to Zendesk and Salesforce before diving into the methods of connecting Zendesk to Salesforce.
You can now load Zendesk data to any Data Warehouse such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, or CRMs like Salesforce without writing code in just a few minutes for free with Hevo.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a ride? Sign Up and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your queries or thoughts on integrating Zendesk to Salesforce in the comments below!