CrunchBase provides data about mergers and acquisitions of companies/firms in the data and analytics space. CrunchBase data can be very useful when building a list of Leads for Business to Business (B2B) Marketing to target specific companies while looking out for similar companies in that niche. It can also come in handy during explorative analysis. Although CrunchBase does the work when used independently, it is highly recommended to use it with Snowflake.
Snowflake serves as a Cloud-based Data Warehouse with Modern Cloud Technologies for the analysis and visualization of data. CrunchBase Snowflake Integration allows you to analyze your CrunchBase data and fetch meaningful insights. But the questions arise: Can you transfer CrunchBase data to Snowflake? If so, how best can it serve its purpose inside a powerful Cloud-based Data Warehouse like Snowflake?
This article will introduce you to CrunchBase and will provide you a step-by-step comprehensive guide to set up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration. It will also provide you how to use CrunchBase’s data to your advantage and the best use cases of CrunchBase Snowflake Integration.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to CrunchBase
- Use Cases of CrunchBase Snowflake Integration
- Steps to Set Up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration
Listed below are the prerequisites of setting up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration:
- A Snowflake account.
- A general understanding of what Snowflake is as a Data Warehouse.
Introduction to CrunchBase
CrunchBase is a leading provider of private-company prospecting and researching solutions. It simply provides information about a Lead (for B2B) to the company/organization/users. These firmographics coupled with your internal data will help you make more informed/data-driven decisions and target gain points.
Why use CrunchBase?
CrunchBase provides up-to-date data about private companies depending on the plan subscribed to. The Enterprise plan updates data in real-time. The data provided can be used to optimize the Lead Generation process (in terms of Sales and Marketing), help find similar companies in the same niche, and also take a targeted approach in making decisions.
Some of the best alternatives of CrunchBase are UpLead, Apollo.io, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.
For more information on CrunchBase, click here.
Simplify Data Analysis using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse such as Snowflake, etc., enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Use Cases of CrunchBase Snowflake Integration
Listed below are the use cases of CrunchBase Snowflake Integration:
- Analysis of Company Firmographics: With CrunchBase data inside Snowflake, you can dig deeper into your analysis. You can go as far as finding gender-specific members of a firm.
This data query can be done with SQL which can help you track data and narrow them down to trends. The visualization tools provided by Snowflake can be used to convert the numeric output into a graphical view for better insight.
- Connection of Data to Snowflake: Snowflake allows you to connect your Snowflake data and perform Explorative Analysis with the tools available all without losing on any end. With your CrunchBase data intact and your Snowflake data for references, you have a poll of data to dissect and deduce inferences from.
Steps to Set Up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration
Now that you have a basic understanding of CrunchBase and how it works, let’s set up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration to enhance its features. Listed below are the steps to set up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration:
- Step 1: Log In to your Snowflake Account
- Step 2: Find the CrunchBase Listing from the Data Marketplace
- Step 3: Request Access for CrunchBase Listing
Step 1: Log In to your Snowflake Account
Go to your Snowflake account. If you don’t have one already, click here to create a new account as shown in the image below.
The Standard plan is just okay to handle quite a lot of things, but if you need something more dynamic, the enterprise plan allows you to dig into data as far back as 90 days and mask your data dynamically in a Multi-Cluster Warehouse.
Step 2: Find the CrunchBase Listing from the Data Marketplace
Follow the steps below to find the CrunchBase Listing from the Snowflake Data Marketplace:
- Click “Data Marketplace” from the top menu. This will redirect you to a new page.
- Under the “Categories” section on your left, click on “Business”.
- Search for “CrunchBase Enterprise: Company & Funding Data” as shown in the image below.
Step 3: Request Access for CrunchBase Listing
After selecting “CrunchBase Enterprise: Company & Funding Data”, you will be redirected to a new page where you can find all the details of this particular listing in Snowflake Data Marketplace. Click on the “Request” button in the top right corner as shown in the image below. This will request access to the premium dataset. Once your request is approved, you’re good to go.
That’s it. You can successfully set up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration. This gives you access to your CrunchBase data. Now, you can relate your Snowflake data to it and make Data-Driven business decisions.
This article introduced you to CrunchBase. It provided a step-by-step comprehensive guide that you can use while setting up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration. It also provided the use cases of connecting Snowflake with CrunchBase. As shown in this article, you can connect to your CrunchBase data and load it into Snowflake for querying with your favorite tools. In summary, with SQL you can get information about moves made by Startups and Mergers.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
In case, you want to integrate Snowflake with any other platform, you can use Hevo Data. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline and has awesome 100+ pre-built integrations that you can choose from. Hevo can help you integrate data from multiple data sources and load it into Snowflake to analyze real-time data with a BI tool and create your Dashboards. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up CrunchBase Snowflake Integration in the comments section below!