Owing to the Freshdesk Salesforce Integration, agents may View, Edit, and Create Freshdesk Tickets from within Salesforce, as well as access Salesforce Contact Information from within Freshdesk. You’ll need to install the Salesforce app in Freshdesk, as well as the Freshdesk app in Salesforce, for the Freshdesk and Salesforce Integration to be successful.
Freshdesk Salesforce Integration allows you to easily add helpdesk functionality to your CRM. Your Sales and Support teams will always be in sync, thanks to this connectivity and you won’t have to worry about any customer communication falling through the gaps.
With the help of two simple methods, this post will walk you through the process of setting up Freshdesk Salesforce Integration. It will provide you with a quick rundown of Salesforce, Freshdesk and their features as well. In the end, you’ll learn about the advantages of setting up Freshdesk Salesforce Integration. Let’s get going!
Table of Contents
- An Active Salesforce account.
- A Freshdesk account.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Computing services and CRM tools.
Introduction to Freshdesk
Freshdesk is a robust Cloud-based customer service software that houses some reliable Helpdesk Features as well as helpful Automation for efficient customer service. It has a reputation for effectively simplifying customer support functions for your team and brand, allowing them to give an optimized customer service experience. You may schedule Process Automation while also keeping track of routine chores to boost efficiency.
Freshdesk‘s Chatbot is particularly popular, and it’s simple to integrate with your self-service website to make it easier to communicate with customers. Other helpful elements, such as a Structured Knowledge Base and Customizable Functionalities, are addressed further down. It is simple to save information about each problem that is solved for your product purchasers, and you engage with them again, the data kept on these interactions is accessible to examine their history and better orientate the types of solutions that can or cannot be presented to them.
These programs are important since customers are the ones who make or break a company. Several organizations are rapidly implementing multifaceted customer care alternatives with the goal of improving Customer Management and Communication.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool that helps businesses manage Sales and Customer Information. Salesforce CRM is simple to set up and use, therefore you don’t need any technical expertise to use it. It has changed the way businesses communicate with their customers by building a stronger bond between them. Field can be adjusted to assist an organization in creating a CRM that is specific to their sector and business.
Furthermore, it gives you unique insights into the Client Journey as well as tools to help you optimize the customer experience. Salesforce can integrate with a large number of third-party software, resulting in process efficiencies.
As a result, Salesforce enables you to have a one-of-a-kind solution that is suited to your company’s needs. As it follows a Pay-as-You-Go approach, it is a viable and appealing option for many enterprises. With a larger focus on Nurturing and Growing your Customer Connections, Salesforce makes this procedure a lot easier.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce for free and 100+ Data Sources (including 30+ Free Data Sources) and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated Data Pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built to Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Methods to Set up Freshdesk Salesforce Integration
There are multiple ways by which you can set up the Freshdesk Salesforce Integration:
Method 1: Using Freshdesk’s Native Salesforce Integration
We’ll be installing the Salesforce application in Freshdesk and performing the Freshdesk Salesforce Integration
Step 1: Installing the Salesforce Application in Freshdesk
- First, log in to your Freshdesk account, as an administrator.
- Now, you need to find the Get More Apps option. You may find this under Admin > Support Operations > Apps > Get More Apps.
- Choose Salesforce from the drop-down menu and press Install.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Salesforce Username and Password.
- You can specify which Contact, Lead, Opportunity, and Account Fields you want to import from Salesforce from settings.
- Once you’re finished, click on Update.
Step 2: Authorizing the Salesforce Freshdesk Integration
- If a prospect/customer, who is a Salesforce Lead/Contact raises a ticket, you may examine their linked – Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities, directly from Freshdesk.
- Note: Only if the account name in Salesforce matches the name of the firm, the Salesforce Contact is mapped to Freshdesk.
- Both the Contact Details page and the Ticket Details page in Freshdesk would now have the Salesforce app widget.
Congratulations! You’ve now set up the Freshdesk Salesforce Integration by installing and integrating the Salesforce Application directly into your Freshdesk Helpdesk.
Method 2: Using Freshdesk for Salesforce App for Freshdesk Salesforce Integration
Freshdesk for Salesforce is a publicly available app on Salesforce AppExchange that may be used with the Enterprise and other higher editions of Salesforce. However, the Freshdesk-Salesforce package can only be installed by Salesforce Admins.
Step 1: Installing the Freshdesk Application in Salesforce
- First, use your Salesforce Credentials to log in to Salesforce AppExchange.
- Search for Freshdesk and then click the Get it Now option once you’ve found it.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions, confirm the installation.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your Salesforce credentials.
- You can choose to install Freshdesk for everyone or just the admins, depending on your needs. You may also pick which Freshdesk profiles should see your Tickets.
Step 2: Configuring Freshdesk for Salesforce Packages
- You’ll be redirected to the Installed Packages page once the installation is complete.
- Go to Security Controls > Remote Site Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Create a new Remote Site and save it with information about your Freshdesk accounts, such as its URL and name. Only Letters, Digits, and Underscores are allowed in the Remote Site Name. In addition, the URL for the Remote Site must begin with “HTTP://” or “HTTPS://.”
- To open all tabs, click the ‘+’ icon in the menu bar and select Freshdesk.
- To configure your account, enter your Freshdesk URL and API key.
- In Freshdesk, click on your profile photo in the top right corner, then click on the Profile Settings option to acquire your API key. The API key may be found on the right, just below the option to update your password.
Congratulations! You’ve now set up the Freshdesk Salesforce Integration by adding Freshdesk directly into your Salesforce CRM.
You can allow your Sales staff to easily issue Support Tickets and update them with extra information through this Freshdesk Salesforce Integration. Similarly, from within the helpdesk, your Support team can determine where your customers are in your Sales Pipeline and provide them with the appropriate technical assistance. As there is no central spot from where your Sales and Support teams can access all customer data when your Helpdesk and CRM run separately, teams must work in silos. They must switch back and forth between tools on a regular basis to maintain a 360-Degree view of the customer’s data.
Extracting complex data from diverse data sources such as Freshdesk, Salesforce, and numerous others can be challenging & requires immense engineering bandwidth, and this is where Hevo saves the day!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data allows you to transfer data from 150+ multiple sources like Freshdesk, and Salesforce (for free) to Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Firebolt, etc. It will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up the Freshdesk Salesforce Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!