Do you want to connect your Google Analytics to Campaign Manager to analyze data such as clicks and impressions on Google Analytics? Great! In this article, check out the step-by-step process to connect Google Analytics and Campaign Manager. Here is a brief outline of this blog:
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from databases or SaaS applications into your data warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for Google Analytics 360, Campaign Manager, and other 30+ free sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Security: Hevo is SOC II, GDPR, and HIPPA compliant. Hevo also enables top-grade security with end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication, and more.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Google Analytics 360
Google Analytics 360 is a part of the Google Marketing Platform that enables organizations to gain actionable insights from their data. It is the enterprise version of the free/ standard Google Analytics tool. Google analytics 360 has several features such as:
- Roll-up Reporting
- Custom Funnels
- Unsampled Reports
- Custom Tables
- Data-driven Attributions
- Native integrations with Google Marketing Platform products and a lot more…
Campaign Manager 360
Campaign Manager 360 is an ad-management tool that helps marketers manage campaigns across web and mobile platforms. It has several features such as:
- Trafficking: To manage and run ad campaigns, ads, placements, and creatives.
- Reporting: To view the Campaign Manager 360 Ads data, organize performance data, build and run custom reports, and understand user interaction paths.
- Verification: To check your overall ad-impressions behavior.
Why link Google Analytics and Campaign Manager Data
An account administrator on Google Analytics can link to various other Google accounts, products, and services, such as Campaign Manager account. For example, linking Google Analytics and Campaign Manager allows data transfer, such as impressions and clicks between them. By linking accounts to Google Analytics, you can analyze your data on Analytics making it the unified platform for all your data.
It is possible to link several Campaign Manager 360 Advertisers to one Google Analytics property. Similarly, you can also link several properties on Analytics 360 to one Campaign Manager 360 Advertiser. This method is only available in Analytics 360 because only Analytics 360 has native integrations with Campaign Manager.
Steps to link Google Analytics and Campaign Manager
These are the steps to link Analytics 360 properties and Campaign Manager 360 Advertisers:
Step 1: Sign in to your Analytics 360 account.
Step 2: Click on Admin and move to the account and property that you want to link.
Step 3: Go to the Property column and click on Google Marketing Platform and then on Campaign Manager 360 Linking.
Step 4: Next, click on + New Campaign Manager 360 Link and you will see a list of Advertisers that you can link to. If you don’t see any advertisers, then skip to Step 7.
Step 5: Select the advertisers you want to link to and then continue.
Step 6: Give the link a name under Link Title and click Create links. That’s it!
If you don’t see any advertisers when you click on + New Campaign Manager 360 Link, it is because you don’t have the required permissions on Campaign Manager 360 advertiser. In this case, follow the below steps:
Step 7: Under the Campaign Manager 360 Advertisers section, click Other Advertisers.
Step 8: Enter the Floodlight Configuration ID (which is usually the same as your Advertiser ID) and the email address of the Campaign Manager Admin. To add multiple Floodlight Configuration IDs, click Add and create new rows. To add multiple email IDs per row, separate the email IDs by commas.
Floodlight Configuration ID is usually the same as your Advertiser ID:
Floodlight Configuration ID is the same as the parent advertiser’s Advertiser ID if you are using a shared configuration.
Step 9: Click on Continue and review the settings in the Link configuration section, controlling which data is to be included in the link – the Reporting data and Cost data.
Step 10: Finally click Send Link Request and then click Done.
Step 11: Your linking request needs to be approved by the Campaign Manager 360 Admin. Once it is approved, you will get an email.
Step 12: Go to Admin -> Property -> Google Marketing Platform -> Campaign Manager 360 Linking -> Pending Requests table, and click Complete Link.
Step 13: Under the Link title and Link view(s), enter a name for the link and select the reporting vies respectively.
Step 14: Click Create Link.
That’s it! You have linked Google Analytics and Campaign Manager!
You have seen how you can connect Google Analytics and Campaign Manager. But this simple integration is only available for Analytics 360, which is the paid version of Google Analytics.
Also, you might have valuable data in various other marketing applications that need to be brought together for a complete understanding of your customers. To do that, you need to write custom code, which can get very complicated. You can avoid all of this by trying out Hevo Data.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline that can bring data from not just Campaign Manager, but from all of your marketing applications without the headache of manual coding. You can use its simple interface to connect all your applications including Google Analytics, Campaign Manager for free to your BI tool in a matter of minutes.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of integrating Google Analytics to Campaign Manager in the comments section below!