Do you want to analyse your online campaigns on Google Ads? Do you want to integrate your Google Analytics and Google Ads data to get better insight about your campaigns? If yes, then you are in the right place. By the end of this blog, you will be able to integrate Google Analytics and Google Ads and see the full customer cycle starting from how users interact with your marketing sites to how they complete goals that you have set for them on your website.
Let’s see how this blog is structured for you:
- Introduction to Google Analytics
- Introduction to Google Ads
- Why Integrate Google Analytics and Google Ads Data?
- Integrate Google Analytics and Google Ads Data
Introduction to Google Analytics
Google Analytics offers web analytics service. It tracks and reports your website traffic. You can have an in-depth analysis of the visitors on your websites and then provide valuable insights from it. Google Analytics securely sends data from your website to Google’s server. As Google Analytics uses encryption to send this data, no one can intercept the data that’s being collected. Google Analytics allows integration with Google Ads and helps you to track your online campaigns conveniently.
Introduction to Google Ads
Google Ads is an online paid advertising platform that was developed by Google. Here, advertisers bid to display advertisements, product images, videos, etc. Google places these ads on the results of a search engine and non-search websites, applications, mobiles, etc. Google Ads works on an auction system which happens whenever a user performs keyword searches. To win this auction, you need to optimise your quality score and your bid amount. Quality score is affected by the history of click-through rate (CTR) of the ad and ad groups, the relevance of your ad to the landing page, the relevance of your ad to search query, etc.
- Google account with Edit permission for Google Analytics property.
- Google account with Administrative access for Google Ads account.
- Active Google Ads account.
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline. It supports pre-built data integrations from 100+ data sources (including free data sources like Google Ads, etc.). Hevo allows hassle-free integration of data in minutes. It is a fully-manged platform that enriches and transforms your data and makes it ready for analysis without writing any code. It offers a reliable, consistent, and secure solution to you at a reasonable price.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Let’s discuss some unbeatable features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Fully Automated: Hevo can be set up in a few minutes and requires zero maintenance and management.
- Scalability: Hevo is built to handle millions of records per minute without any latency.
- Secure: Hevo offers two-factor authentication and end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe and secure.
- Fault-Tolerant: Hevo is capable of detecting anomalies in the incoming data and informs you instantly. All the affected rows are kept aside for correction so that it doesn’t hamper your workflow.
- Real-Time: Hevo provides real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Why Integrate Google Analytics and Google Ads Data?
If you link your Google Analytics and Google Ads, then you will be able to do the following things:
- You can see your Ad and site performance data in “Google Ads reports” in Google Analytics.
- You will be able to import your Google Analytics goals and E-commerce transaction into your Ads account.
- You can enhance your Google Ads remarketing with your Google Analytics remarketing and Dynamic remarketing.
- You can import your Google Analytics metrics, such as average session duration, bounce rate, etc. to your Google Ads account.
Are you excited to integrate Google Analytics and Google Ads data? If yes, then move to the next section of this blog to reveal the linking process.
Integrate Google Analytics and Google Ads Data
Follow these steps to integrate your Google Analytics account to your Google Ads account:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Select “Admin” and navigate to “property you want to link”.
- In the Property column, select “Google Ads Linking”.
- Select “+ New link group”.
- Select your Google Ads account that you want to link and click “Continue”.
- You need to provide a link group title to it.
- Turn linking “ON” for each view on which you want your Google Ads data.
- You can also select “Enable Google Display Network Impression Reporting” to include that data in your every view.
- If you want manually tag Google Ads account, click “Advanced settings” and select “Leave my auto-tagging settings as they are”.
However, if you have already enabled auto-tagging in Google Ads account, or if you want to automatically enable auto-tagging in Google Ads, you can skip this step.
- Click “Link Accounts”.
Voila! You have successfully integrated your Google Analytics and Google Ads account. If you have opted for auto-tagging, Google Analytics will automatically start associating your Google Ads data with each customer click.
Some of the limitations of using Google Analytics and Google Ads are listed below:
- Google Analytics allows a maximum of 400 link groups.
- Each link group can support a maximum of 1000 Google Ads account.
In this blog, you have learned about Google Ads, Google Analytics, and how to link Google Analytics and Google Ads in a few simple steps. Google Analytics allows integration with your Google Ads account and lets you observe the full customer cycle. It helps you get a better idea about your marketing strategy and shape success for your business accordingly. However, if you are looking for an easy and free solution, then try Hevo.
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline. It supports pre-built integration from 100+ data sources at a reasonable price. Hevo completely automates your data migration and makes your advertising analysis easy.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of linking Google Analytics and Google Ads in the comment section below.
No-code Data Pipeline for Google Analytics