Google Calendar Salesforce Integration: 3 Easy Steps
Integrating your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems has become a must for today’s businesses. CRM software such as Salesforce provides a wide array of applications that are often utilized in isolation. However, these solutions perform best when combined with other platforms. For example, integrating Google Calendar and Salesforce can significantly improve coordination among the team members and can help you to effortlessly organize meetings.
Table of Contents
Google Calendar is a free and powerful tool for planning and scheduling events with other users. It comes with numerous handy features, including the ability to share calendars with others, organize daily tasks, set reminders, and much more. On the other hand, Salesforce is a well-known Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform for businesses to manage customer and sales data. It has revolutionized the way businesses interact with their customers by creating a stronger bond between them.
This article will guide you through the process of setting up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration using 3 simple steps. It will provide you with a brief overview of Google Calendar and Salesforce with their key features. You will also explore the benefits of setting up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration in further sections. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Google Calendar
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Steps to Set Up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration
- Benefits of Setting Up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration
You will have a much easier time setting up your Google Calendar Salesforce Integration if you have gone through the following prerequisites:
- An active Google account.
- An active Salesforce account.
- Familiarity with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools.
Introduction to Google Calendar
Google Calendar is a free and powerful tool developed by Google for organizing your schedule and coordinating events with others. With Google Calendar, you can easily create and keep track of daily events, as well as receive notifications about upcoming events, so that you always know what’s coming up. It also provides plenty of other useful features, such as the ability to share calendars with others, manage your daily tasks, set reminders, and many more. Moreover, as long as you’re signed in to your Google account, you can view your calendar from any computer or mobile device.
Google Calendar’s popularity continues to be fueled by its excellent built-in features and ease of integration with other applications. As a result, it is rapidly gaining popularity among users around the globe.
Key Features of Google Calendar
Google Calendar has gained significant popularity in the market. The following are some of the Google Calendar’s key features:
- Easy Scheduling: You can effortlessly schedule meetings and events by simply clicking on a day in the calendar. You can also have the option of inviting certain individuals to the meeting or event. The calendar is versatile and simple to use.
- Share your Calendar: Google Calendar allows you to share your calendar with others, which is beneficial in many situations. For example, you can share your calendar with an assistant at work so that they can help you arrange appointments or organize your travel plans.
- Easy Integration: Google Calendar can be easily integrated with other popular applications. For example, Todoist and TickTick can be easily integrated with your Google Calendar and can automatically schedule your key tasks.
- Add Attachments: You can attach documents to a particular event using Google Calendar, thus, making it available to all attendees.
- Customizations: Google Calendar allows you to browse calendar data by day, week, or month. You may also change the calendar view to show as many days as you wish in a single view.
To know more about Google Calendar, visit this link.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the powerful and widely used Cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software for online businesses. It aids in Customer Relationship Management by storing your customer data, contact information, and Marketing information. It also allows you to create Sales Forecast Reports to convert your Leads. It also enables E-mail Integration with Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, and other applications. They have pretty much everything you might want when it comes to business operations and customer management.
As a result, Salesforce gives you the ability to create a one-of-a-kind solution that is suited to your business’s specific needs. It offers a pay-as-you-go model, making it a viable and appealing option for a wide range of businesses. With a greater emphasis on the customer, nurturing and extending your customer relationships is more important than ever, and Salesforce makes it much easier.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce has strengthened the relationship between businesses and their customers. The following are some of the key features of Salesforce:
- Lead Management: Salesforce is a Marketing platform that helps businesses track Leads and improve campaign performance. As a result, you’ll be more equipped to make judgments about how and where to spend your Marketing budget.
- Analytics and Forecasting: Salesforce comes with customizable dashboards that offer your business-critical performance statistics and reporting capabilities. These analytics can assist you in making more informed business decisions.
- Accounting Management: Salesforce provides businesses with a 360-degree view of their customers. This means they have instant access to Activity Logs, Customer Conversations, Contacts, Internal Account Discussions, and much more.
- Opportunity Management: Salesforce allows customers to analyze their products, competitors, and other pertinent information after each sale. This makes it a popular choice when compared to other solutions.
To know more about Salesforce, visit this link.
Simplify Data Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from Salesforce for free, and 100+ other data sources (including 30+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the Integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong Integration with 100+ Sources (including 30+ Free Sources), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc., such as HubSpot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Steps to Set Up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration
Now that you have a fundamental understanding of both technologies, let’s try to understand the procedure to set up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration. There are several approaches for setting up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration. One of the most popular methods is to utilize the Salesforce Einstein Activity Capture.
Einstein Activity Capture is a Salesforce Integration tool that allows you to effortlessly sync your Google Calendar with Salesforce. Einstein Activity Capture also includes activity metrics that can assist Salesforce users in making better decisions.
Below are the steps you can follow to set up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration:
- Step 1: Log in to your Salesforce Account and Enable the Einstein Activity Capture
- Step 2: Assign User Permissions
- Step 3: Connect your Google Account with Salesforce Einstein Activity Capture
Step 1: Log in to your Salesforce Account and Enable the Einstein Activity Capture
The first step is to log in to your Salesforce account. After that, you may enable Einstein Activity Capture by following the procedures mentioned below:
- Go to Setup and type Einstein Activity Capture in the Quick Find box, then select Settings as shown below.
- From the Settings tab, select Einstein Activity Capture and enable it as shown below.
Step 2: Assign User Permissions
Once you have enabled the Einstein Activity Capture, now you need to assign user permissions by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Setup and enter Permission Sets in the Quick Find box.
- Select the Standard Einstein Activity Capture from the permission set as shown below.
- Assign the permission set to up to 100 users by clicking Manage Assignments.
Step 3: Configure your Google Account with Salesforce Einstein Activity Capture
Once you have assigned the user permission set, you can configure your Google calendar by following the below-mentioned steps:
- From the top right corner, click the username, look for Einstein Activity Capture, then select Settings as shown below.
- The Meet Inbox window will appear; click Next and follow the wizard’s instructions as shown below.
- Connect with your Google account by clicking the Connect My Google Account as shown below:
Now, your Google account will appear in the Connected Account section of the user’s Einstein Activity Capture settings menu once it has been added.
Also, your Google Calendar events will automatically sync with Salesforce. With this, you have successfully set up your Google Calendar Salesforce Integration. It is as simple as that.
Benefits of Setting Up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration
Google Calendar Salesforce Integration has numerous benefits. Some of the key benefits of setting up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration include:
- Google Calendar Salesforce Integration improves coordination among the team members and makes it easy to organize meetings for all types of events. You can effortlessly overlay all of your Salesforce Sales and Marketing appointments to make sure you’re on the right track.
- Google Calendar Salesforce Integration enables you to correlate an event with a Salesforce item using the Log Event feature. Using this feature, the selected Calendar Event will be displayed alongside the account in Salesforce.
- Google Calendar Salesforce Integration saves time by eliminating the need to enter data into two different systems. The data is updated in one system and then automatically reflected in another.
- Google Calendar Salesforce Integration allows Sales Representatives and Service Agents to plan their actions more efficiently. Excellent deliverability is achieved by planning and completing things on schedule.
In this article, you learned how to set up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration and sync data between the two platforms. It also gave an overview of Google Calendar and Salesforce with its key features. You also learned about the key benefits of setting up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration. You may now build your own Google Calendar Salesforce Integration to keep track of your events and make the most out of this Integration.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from Salesforce for free to a Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Google Calendar Salesforce Integration in the comments section below!