The success of an E-commerce business significantly depends on the personalised and rich experience they provide to their customers via the Website. An Online store with a clear message and easy-to-use User interface is likely to get more attention from its Target Audience. Google Optimize is the Perfect Free Website Optimisation Application that can help you test different variations of your website pages and analyse which performs the best. You can effortlessly link it with an E-commerce platform such as Shopify and observe what updations boost your conversion rates.
Shopify, a Cloud-Based Commerce Platform helps to create and manage Online Stores for small and medium-sized enterprises. With a huge collection of Customizable Shopify Themes and Templates, you can design your own online store based on your business requirements. Setting up Google Optimize Shopify Integration can help you run tests with different versions of a landing web page, analyse different business metrics in Google Analytics such as Bounce Rates, Conversions Rates, Revenue, etc., and make the necessary adjustments to boost sales.
In this article, you will learn how to efficiently set up Google Optimize Shopify Integration for your E-commerce business.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Shopify
- Introduction to Google Optimize
- Steps to set up Google Optimize Shopify Integration
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a leading E-commerce application that allows you to create and manage scalable Online Stores. You can start selling Physical Goods, Digital Products, and Services within minutes of signing up on Shopify. You can design and customize your website according to your style using the large pool of “Out of the box” Customization Tools provided in Shopify. It covers all the critical aspects for designing an E-commerce Website such as Payment Capabilities, Shipping, and even Tax Calculation.
The seamless process to design your Online store doesn’t require any prior Technical Knowledge and you can get started right away. As a Web Developer, you can also write custom code in CSS, HTML, and Liquid Files to personalise the web pages for your customers. Shopify comes with a Free Trial plan and has a list of plans for businesses of all sizes.
Key Features of Shopify
Since its launch in 2006, Shopify has evolved into a multinational E-Commerce platform and consists of some of the most eye-catching features:
- Shopify Payments: This in-house Payments application helps manage all transactions done at your website without requiring your Client to ever leave Shopify. If you are not using other Third Party Payment Solutions, here your customers also don’t have to pay the transaction fees associated with a purchase.
- Shopify Themes: Visually stunning and well-designed Themes/ Templates are available in Shopify. Smart features such as Product Filters, Live Search through the Product Catalog, and Drop-Down Menus for easy navigation make your Website more User friendly.
- Multi-Channel Reach: Robust Integration with Social Media helps attract more customers. Features like Buyable Pins, Facebook Shop, and Facebook Messenger allows users to directly buy from other Social Media Pages without being redirected to the website. You can also sell your products using integration with Marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
- Unlimited Customer Support: The 24/7 Customer Support Service is exceptional as all your queries are handled by Shopify professionals. You can also find detailed documentation of all the tools at the Shopify Help Center.
- Security: With Level 1 PCI DSS Certification, you get Industry-standard Security. All the stores on Shopify are automatically PCI compliant so that you can completely focus on your day-to-day Business Activities.
Introduction to Google Optimize
Google Optimize is a Free Website Testing Platform developed by Google. It allows you to run tests for different versions of a landing page so that you can learn which variant gets more customer engagement. Since it is built on top of Google Analytics, the website data can be easily visualised to check which page provides a more rich experience to the visitors.
With an intuitive User Interface, you can create experiments by changing Text, Images, Font, Colour, or even write a Custom Code. This is an excellent tool for businesses that are restricted by the budget and want to take their firm to the next level. For example, in Google Optimize Shopify Integration, by analysing the results of the various experiments, you can make improvements and create custom landing pages for a targeted set of clients.
Key Features of Google Optimize
With Continuous improvement since its launch in 2012, Google Optimize has become a popular choice for Website Optimization among small as well as large scale businesses. Some of its smart features are discussed below:
- Google Optimize Visual Editor: This simple and elegant tool lets you directly make the required changes on your webpage without writing any code. This editor is optimized to work on all devices so that you design your page anywhere and anytime. For developers, the option to edit HTML and CSS files is also available.
- Easy to Use: Just after creating your Optimize Account, you can start testing your Website. For instance, building a Google Optimize Shopify Integration is a seamless process where you can set up your first A/B test in minutes by following a set of simple-to-understand instructions provided by Google.
- Testing: Google Optimize offers A/B Testing, Multivariate Testing, and Redirect Testing that covers all general use cases. You can assign how much percentage of users will see a variant of the page and after getting the results from the experiments you can directly launch the desired page.
- Powerful Integrations: Seamless Integration with your Google Analytics and Google Ads can help you understand the customer and provide a customized experience for them. Clear and customer-oriented Reports from Google Analytics help you make better business decisions. You can also compare and customize the reports based on customers to get deeper insights.
- Optimize 360: For the ever-growing business needs of Large enterprises, Google Optimize 360 is the best-paid testing platform. You can upgrade to Optimize 360 and enjoy greater flexibility in terms of the number of Multivariate Test Combinations, Custom Audience Targeting, Professional Support Service, and Scalability.
For more information on the features, you can visit the Official Google Optimize Website.
Simplify Shopify ETL and Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for Shopify and 100+ Data Sources (Including 30+ Free Sources) and will let you directly load data from Shopify to a data warehouse or the destination of your choice for free. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms (Including Free Sources like Shopify), files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- A Google Optimize Account.
- A Shopify Account.
- Working Knowledge of Shopify.
Steps to Set up Google Optimize Shopify Integration
The method discussed below will guide you in the process of building a basic Google Optimize Shopify Integration.
- Step 1: Create an Account to initiate Google Optimize Shopify Integration
- Step 2: Link Google Optimize Shopify using Theme Files
- Step 3: Set Up a Test for your Website
Step 1: Create an Account to initiate Google Optimize Shopify Integration
- Step 1: For Google Optimize Shopify Integration, Sign in to your Google Optimize Account or Start for Free by creating an account if not done already.
- Step 2: Click on the Create Account button and type in a descriptive name for your Website Testing Project.
- Step 3: Read the Terms and Conditions for Data Sharing, select your Country, and click on the Next button available in the top right corner.
- Step 4: Now, an Add Container Dialog Box will Appear, Copy your desired Website URL and paste it in the box. Click on the Create Button to start your Google Optimize Shopify Integration process.
Step 2: Link Google Optimize Shopify using Theme Files
- Step 1: Now, let’s add Google Analytics by Navigating to the Link to Google Analytics drop-down menu on the right side of your screen. Click on the Link Property option.
- Step 2: The “Link a Property” drop-down menu will appear on your screen. Select the desired Analytics option linked to your Shopify project. Make sure the UA Id matches the one in your Shopify Account. Check the All Website Data box and click on the Link Button.
- Step 3: Add an Optimize Snippet to your Site Dialog Box will pop up. Click on the Get Snippet option.
- Step 4: A window with Optimize Snippet Code will appear. Click on the Anti-Flicker Snippet option. A new tab will open, containing the code for the Anti-Flicker Snippet. While setting up the Google Optimize Shopify Integration this additional snippet is helpful for situations where the webpage is flickering between the two variants you are testing.
- Step5: Login to your Shopify Account in another tab of your web browser. Navigate to the Online Store option on the left side menu and click on the Themes Option.
- Step 6: Click on the Actions Option and choose Edit Code from the drop-down menu. Search for the theme.liquid file using the search box and paste the copied Code from Anti-flicker Snippet and then from Googe Optimize Snippet below the <head> tag. Do remember to replace “ CONTAINER ID” in the Anti-Flicker snippet code with your actual Optimize ID.
- Step 7: Click on the Save button available on the top right corner of your screen. A message “Asset Saved” will pop up. This ensures all the changes have been saved for the Google Optimize Shopify Integration.
Step 3: Set up a Test for your Website
- Step 1: Go to Your Google Optimize Tab and Click on the Let’s Go Button to begin testing your Website using the Google Optimize Shopify Integration.
- Step 2: Type in the Name of your test and the URL of a particular Webpage you want to test. Choose the desired Test type and click on the Create Button. Here, in this example, A/B testing is chosen.
- Step 3: Now, click on the Add Variant button and type in a descriptive name of the new version of the page. Click Done to save it.
- Step 4: You can click on the Edit button and make the necessary changes for the new version using the Optimize Visual Editor.
- Step 5: Now, scroll down and you can choose the business metrics you want to track in the Google Analytics Reports by clicking on the Customize button in the Audience Targeting Section.
- Step 6: To see if the Google Optimize Shopify Integration is working properly, click on the Run Diagnostics button under the Settings section. Now, a message will appear for successful Google Optimize Shopify Integration.
In this article, you have learned how to effortlessly build Google Optimize Shopify Integration. Shopify provides a complete end-to-end service to convert your Business Idea into a Website, set payment options, sell products with Marketplaces such as Amazon and Social Media like Facebook. To boost sales and increase revenue, the Google Optimize Shopify Integration helps you know how the customer is engaging with your website and what adjustments can be done for a better user experience. Since Google Analytics is linked to it, analyzing the data becomes simplified.
As you work on the improvements provided by Google Optimize Shopify Integration, gradually the market demand will start rising for your products and services. This will in turn grow your customer base and with that comes in a tremendous amount of data such as customer details, order details, etc. Other applications in your business associated with Customer Relationship Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Marketing, etc will have a similar effect. Handling and Integrating all this data for further business analysis would require you to devote an immense part of your Engineering Bandwidth. These challenges can be comfortably handled by a Cloud-Based ETL Tool like Hevo Data.
Hevo Data, a No-Code Data Pipeline helps you efficiently transfer data from various sources like Shopify into a Data Warehouse or a Destination of your Choice for Free. It is a reliable, easy-to-use, fully automated, and secure service that doesn’t require you to write any code!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
If you are managing an E-commerce Website using Shopify and are searching for a No-Fuss alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can effectively automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 30+ Free Sources like Shopify), allows you to not only export & load Data but also transform & enrich your Data & make it analysis-ready.
Share with us your experience of setting up the Google Optimize Shopify Integration. Let us know in the comments section below!