People in this day and age have an expectation that each product should be customized to meet their specific needs. Businesses are becoming more reliant on social media to attract clients like these customers. Social media simultaneously provides a platform for reaching millions of potential customers. These tools for social media marketing can also be used as a source of data, which can help the company improve its approach to business. Because of this, Instagram Business is a well-known platform that generates data.
Table of Contents
Businesses are rapidly shifting their focus toward cloud-based data warehouses, which provide an alternative method of data storage that is not only more affordable but also secure and scalable. The data warehouse known as Snowflake is very popular.
This article will walk you through the two different ways to move data from Instagram Business to Snowflake in a way that is both effective and efficient.
What is Instagram Business?
Instagram is a software that allows users to share photos and videos, and it is available for free on both iPhones and Android. People can use their service to post photos and videos that they can then share with their followers or a select few friends. They also have the ability to read, comment on, and like Instagram posts that their friends have published.
You can make a business account on Instagram completely free of charge. You will be able to raise awareness of your brand, boost revenue, establish and measure audience engagement, and expand your customer base with the assistance of the Instagram Business account. Discovering new customers through this method who already spend time on the internet is a very effective strategy. In addition to this, it may provide the audience with insightful information regarding all of your marketing strategies.
Key Features of Instagram Business
Here are a few key features of Instagram Business:
- Professional Dashboard: Creators and businesses will be able to access all of the tools and resources they need, as well as track their performance using the professional dashboard.
- Live Rooms: The ability to host Instagram Live sessions with up to three additional guests at a time was recently made available to content creators (four people in total).
- Interactive Bio: There is no requirement that your bio on Instagram be written in plain text. To spice things up, you can exercise your creativity and incorporate elements that are both interactive and functional.
- Gift Cards: By adding gift card stickers to their Instagram stories and profiles, brands can now increase sales and receive support from their followers at the same time. To help get the word out, followers can also choose to reshare information about these gift cards on their own personal stories.
What is Snowflake?
Snowflake is a cloud data warehouse platform that is offered as a SaaS solution to users. It leverages the ANSI SQL protocol that allows it to handle structured and semi-structured data formats like JSON, XML, and Parquet.
Snowflake employs shared disk architecture, which allows all compute nodes in the platform to access a common data repository for persisting data. Snowflake also executes queries utilizing MPP compute clusters, which use shared-nothing architecture to store a subset of the complete data set locally on each node in the cluster, which helps with performance control. In a shared-nothing configuration, each computational node has its own private memory and storage or disk space.
In Snowflake, virtual warehouses are formed by combining many computing clusters. To access the same storage layer, numerous virtual warehouses may be built without the requirement for multiple copies of the data in each warehouse. These virtual warehouses may be scaled up and down with little to no downtime or storage effect.
Key Features of Snowflake
- Scalability: Snowflake’s multi-cluster architecture facilitates separate computing and storage resources. This design allows it to scale up and down in accordance with business needs. Users of Snowflake also have access to auto-scaling features, enabling Snowflake to start and terminate clusters automatically during resource-intensive processes.
- Better Analytics: By switching from nightly batch loads to real-time data streams, Snowflake helps optimize your analytics workflow. Providing safe, concurrent, and controlled access to your data warehouse throughout your organization may improve the quality of your analytics. This enables companies to effectively use resources to maximize income while lowering expenses and reducing human labor.
- Cloning: Another key aspect of the Snowflake cloud data warehouse is cloning. The zero-copy functionality in Snowflake allows you to quickly clone any database or table without having to produce a new copy. It does it by keeping track of clone changes in its metadata store while still referring to the same data files in the backend. Zero-copy cloning has the benefit of allowing you to create several independent clones of the same data without incurring additional costs. You can use the Snowflake clone functionality to make an exact replica of any Snowflake object, including databases, schemas, and tables. Snowflakes frequently make a near-real-time replica of an item.
Why Connect Instagram Business to Snowflake?
You can expedite the process of making decisions and quickly implement optimizations without wasting time on data crunching if you connect Instagram Business to Snowflake. With just a few clicks, you can easily extract all of the marketing data you need from Instagram. You can gain deeper insights into your marketing data by using data visualization tools, which allow you to visualize data warehouses on an enterprise scale.
Methods to Connect Instagram Business to Snowflake
You will learn two methods to connect Instagram Business to Snowflake.
- Method 1: Connect Instagram Business to Snowflake using Hevo
- Method 2: Connect Instagram Business to Snowflake using Custom Scripts
Method 1: Connect Instagram Business to Snowflake using Hevo
Hevo provides Snowflake as a Destination for loading/transferring data from any Source system, which also includes Instagram Business. You can refer to Hevo’s documentation for Permissions, User Authentication, and Prerequisites for Snowflake as a destination here for Instagram Business to Snowflake Connection.
Configure Instagram Business as a Source
Configure Instagram Business as a source in Hevo for Instagram Business to Snowflake Integration:
- Step 1: Pick the PIPELINES option from the Asset Palette.
- Step 2: To create a new pipeline, click the + sign in the Pipelines List View.
- Step 3: On the Select Source Type page, choose Instagram Business as your source to integrate Instagram Business to Snowflake.
- Step 4: On the page that allows you to configure your Instagram Business account, select the option to + ADD INSTAGRAM BUSINESS ACCOUNT.
- Step 5: You can access your Instagram Business account by logging in with the Facebook account that is associated with your Instagram account (s). Through the user’s Facebook login, Hevo is able to connect to the associated Instagram Business account.
- Step 6: After selecting the Instagram Business account(s) whose data you wish to copy, proceed by clicking the Next button forInstagram Business to Snowflake connection.
- Step 8: To grant Hevo access to the data, enable all four of the available options, and then click the Done button.
- Step 9: Click the OK button when the confirmation dialogue appears.
- Step 10: Enter the following information into the corresponding fields on the Configure your Instagram Business Source page:
- Name of Pipeline: A one-of-a-kind moniker for the pipeline, not exceeding 255 characters in length.
- Instagram Business Account: Your business page on Instagram. The default value is all.
- Historical Sync Duration: This refers to the amount of time that must pass before historical information can be absorbed.
- Step 11: Simply select the TEST & CONTINUE button to connect Instagram Business to Snowflake.
- Step 12: Proceed by configuring the data ingestion and the destination, respectively.
Configure Snowflake as a Destination
To set up Snowflake as a destination in Hevo in Instagram Business to Snowflake Integration, follow these steps:
- Step 1: In the Asset Palette, select DESTINATIONS.
- Step 2: In the Destinations List View, click + CREATE for Instagram Business to Snowflake Integration.
- Step 3: Select Snowflake from the Add Destination page.
- Step 4: Set the following parameters on the Configure your Snowflake Destination page in Instagram Business to Snowflake Connection:
- Destination Name: Give your destination a unique name.
- Database Cluster Identifier: The IP address or DNS of the Snowflake host is used as the database cluster identifier.
- Database Port: The port on which your Snowflake server listens for connections is the database port. 5439 is the default value.
- Database User: In the Snowflake database, a user with a non-administrative position.
- Database Password: The user’s password.
- Database Name: The name of the destination database into which the data will be loaded.
- Database Schema: The Destination database schema’s name. The default setting is public.
- Step 5: To test connectivity with the Snowflake warehouse, click Test Connection for Instagram Business to Snowflake Integration.
- Step 6: When the test is complete, select SAVE DESTINATION.
Using manual scripts and custom code to move data into the warehouse is cumbersome. Changing API endpoints and limits, ad-hoc data preparation and inconsistent schema makes maintaining such a system a nightmare. Hevo’s reliable no-code data pipeline platform enables you to set up zero-maintenance data pipelines that just work.
- Wide Range of Connectors: Instantly connect and read data from 150+ sources including SaaS apps and databases, and precisely control pipeline schedules down to the minute.
- In-built Transformations: Format your data on the fly with Hevo’s preload transformations using either the drag-and-drop interface, or our nifty python interface. Generate analysis-ready data in your warehouse using Hevo’s Postload Transformation
- Near Real-Time Replication: Get access to near real-time replication for all database sources with log based replication. For SaaS applications, near real time replication is subject to API limits.
- Auto-Schema Management: Correcting improper schema after the data is loaded into your warehouse is challenging. Hevo automatically maps source schema with destination warehouse so that you don’t face the pain of schema errors.
- Transparent Pricing: Say goodbye to complex and hidden pricing models. Hevo’s Transparent Pricing brings complete visibility to your ELT spend. Choose a plan based on your business needs. Stay in control with spend alerts and configurable credit limits for unforeseen spikes in data flow.
- 24×7 Customer Support: With Hevo you get more than just a platform, you get a partner for your pipelines. Discover peace with round the clock “Live Chat” within the platform. What’s more, you get 24×7 support even during the 14-dayfree trial.
- Security: Discover peace with end-to-end encryption and compliance with all major security certifications including HIPAA, GDPR, SOC-2.
Get Started for Free with Hevo’s 14-day Free Trial.
Method 2: Connect Instagram Business to Snowflake using Custom Scripts
The fundamental idea is not complicated, first obtain data from Instagram Business, then modify the data so that Snowflake can understand it, and finally load the data into Snowflake. The following procedures should be followed in order to perform a manual migration of data from Instagram Business to Snowflake:
Instagram Business to JSON Files
For the first step in Instagram Business to Snowflake Integration, you need to make use of the Instagram Graph API and create programs in order to retrieve the data. Investigate the documentation available for the Instagram Business API. Nodes (objects), edges (collections) on those nodes, and fields make up the Instagram Application Programming Interface (object properties).
The Application Programming Interface (API) can be used to obtain media and post it, manage comments made on media, locate media in which the user has been @mentioned by other Instagram users, locate media that has been tagged with a hashtag, and obtain basic metadata and stats about other Instagram Businesses and Creators. Data in JSON format will be generated by the API. After you have obtained the result, you will need to select only the fields that are pertinent to you and extract them in Instagram Business to Snowflake Integration.
JSON Files to Snowflake
For the second step in Instagram Business to Snowflake Migration, follow the steps below to load JSON files into Snowflake.
- Step 1: In the first step of Instagram Business to Snowflake Migration, you will need to upload the data file to the Snowflake Internal stage by using the PUT command.
- Step 2: Second, transfer the contents of the file from the internal stage to the Snowflake table by using the COPY INTO command.
- Step 3: You can upload the JSON file to the Snowflake Internal stage by using the PUT command. You can also upload the file to the name, table, and user stage, or to the external stage.
- Step 4: Utilize the LIST command with the table stage as a parameter in order to determine whether or not the file was successfully uploaded into Instagram Business to Snowflake Connection.
- Step 5: After you have uploaded the JSON file to the internal stage, you can proceed to load the JSON file into the Snowflake database table by utilizing the COPY INTO tablename command.
- Step 6: Now put the select into action and check to see if the data loaded without any problems into Instagram Business to Snowflake Connection .
This article provides a general introduction to Instagram Business as well as Snowflake. In addition, it described two different methods for moving data from Instagram Business to Snowflake. A manual data replication from Instagram Business to Snowflake would require a significant amount of time and resources, making it a procedure that is both time-consuming and taxing on the user’s energy. A data integration solution such as Hevo, on the other hand, makes it possible to carry out the task in a prompt and effective manner.
However, as a Developer, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Databases, CRMs, Project management Tools, Streaming Services, and Marketing Platforms to your Database can seem to be quite challenging. If you are from non-technical background or are new in the game of data warehouse and analytics, Hevo Data can help!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc. Hevo provides a wide range of sources – 150+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Sources) – that connect with over 15+ Destinations. It will provide you with a seamless experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand.
You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!