Digital Marketing Campaigns have become one of the most beneficial ways to promote products and services, as it allows organisations to reach out to more Customers, Markets, Geographies, etc. It helps them build a vast and diverse Customer Base, thereby boosting Customer Retention, Lead Generation and Profits. Running a fruitful or profitable Marketing Campaign requires businesses to have a holistic understanding of their customers, which allows them to optimise their content to make it more appealing, Customer-Centric and provide a more personalised experience.
One such tool that can help Marketers across numerous organisations, achieve this is Klaviyo. It helps eCommerce Marketers gain a holistic insight & understanding of their customers and thereby provide them with personalised and Customer-Centric Marketing Content across numerous Channels. It allows Marketers to boost Customer Growth and Retention, Build Customer Loyalty and reach new heights of Profitability.
This article aims at providing you with a step-by-step guide to help you set up Klaviyo Data Studio integration for a fruitful analysis of your Marketing Data. Upon a complete walkthrough of the content, you will be able to visualise your Klaviyo data using Google Data Studio with ease! It will help you draw crucial insights about your Marketing Performance and Customers.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Klaviyo
- Introduction to Google Data Studio
- Methods to Set Up Klaviyo Data Studio Integration
Introduction to Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a robust Growth Marketing Platform that allows online-based businesses to deliver more Dynamic, Personalised and Customer-Centric experiences to users across numerous Marketing Channels such as SMS, Emails, Web, In-App Notifications, etc. It houses various intuitive features such as Audience Segmentation, Performance Reporting, and Integration with multiple Platforms. It further leverages metrics such as Viewing and Purchasing History, Customer Interaction Patterns with past Emails and rolled out Targeted Marketing Campaigns.
Klaviyo further provides robust Integration Support for a diverse set of Platforms such as Payment Processors, eCommerce Platforms, Marketing Tools, etc., allowing Marketers or users to unify data from various platforms seamlessly. It further allows them to leverage its performance dashboard to analyse the performance of their Marketing Campaigns by keeping track of metrics such as visitor activity, refund requests, recently & frequently ordered items and the amount of revenue generated by the marketing campaigns. Klaviyo even allows its users to segment their customers based on their past purchase behaviour and send customised Email Campaigns.
For further information on Klaviyo, and how to use Predictive analytics for your Marketing Campaigns, you can visit our detailed guide here.
Introduction to Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is a powerful Reporting Analytics Tool made available to users by Google, free of cost. It supports robust integration with almost 200+ Connectors and allows users to create informative dashboards and business reports with ease. With Google Data Studio in place, you can generate business reports based on a mix of crucial KPIs from diverse Data Sources without writing code. It also provides users with a built-in dashboard template library, thereby helping them always track the right set of metrics.
For further information on Google Data Studio, you can check our comprehensive guide on the best practices to use in Google Data Studio or the newly added features in Google Data Studio and how to use them.
Ways to Visualise Klaviyo Data using Google Data Studio
Using third-party connectors to integrate Klaviyo and Google Data Studio is one such way. This method requires you to leverage a third-party Klaviyo Connector for Google Data Studio by providing it access to your Klaviyo and Google accounts. You can then access Klaviyo data directly to build compelling business reports and draw actionable insights.
A fully managed, No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data, helps you integrate data from Klaviyo and numerous other marketing applications and visualise it in your desired BI tool such as Google Data Studio effortlessly. Hevo, with its minimal learning curve, can be set up in a matter of minutes making the users ready to load data without compromising performance.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its strong integration with various sources such as Databases, Files, BI Tools, Marketing Applications, etc. gives users the flexibility to bring in data of all different kinds in a way that’s as smooth as possible, without having to write a single line of code.
Start working with Hevo today!
- Working Knowledge of Klaviyo.
- Working Knowledge of Google Data Studio.
- A Google Data Studio Account.
- A Klaviyo Account.
Methods to Set Up Klaviyo Data Studio Integration
There are multiple ways in which you can set up the Klaviyo Data Studio integration:
- Method 1: Using Third-Party Connectors to Set Up Klaviyo Data Studio Integration
- Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline
Method 1: Using Third-Party Connectors to Set Up Klaviyo Data Studio Integration
Google Data Studio is a robust Reporting Tool, made available by Google, free of cost, that houses a diverse set of Data Visualisation and Analytics-based functionalities, allowing Users and Analysts to analyse and visualise their crucial business data with ease. It houses numerous in-built and third-party Connectors to help users establish a connection with their desired Data Source and analyse their data with ease. However, currently, there is no Connector developed by the Google Team for connecting Klaviyo to Google Data Studio, thus, you will have to make use of a third-party Connector to achieve this.
To leverage any third-party Klaviyo Connector, you will have to grant access to it to access your Klaviyo, and Google accounts to start visualising your data in Google Data Studio.
You can implement this using the following steps:
- Step 1: Signing In to Google Data Studio
- Step 2: Locating a Klaviyo Connector for Google Data Studio
- Step 3: Configuring the Klaviyo Data Studio Connector
Step 1: Signing In to Google Data Studio
To start setting up the Klaviyo Data Studio Integration, you first need to log in to Google Data Studio. To do this, go to the official website of Google Data Studio and log in with your credentials such as username and password. You can also log in using a signed in and associated Google account.
Step 2: Locating a Klaviyo Connector for Google Data Studio
Once you’ve signed in, click on the “Connect to data” option, found at the top of your screen to start searching for a Klaviyo Connector. Once you’ve clicked on it, a new page representing a list of numerous Connectors that you can use to connect Google Data Studio will now open up on your screen.
Here, you need to scroll down to the section of partner Connectors, where you’ll find numerous third party Connectors for Klaviyo and other Marketing & Ads Data Sources.
Step 3: Configuring the Klaviyo Data Studio Connector
Once you’ve selected a Connector of your choice, you will now need to configure and authorise it. To do this, click on the “Authorise” button on your screen.
A new window will now open up on your screen, where you’ll need to provide Klaviyo, access to your Google Data Studio account. To do this, first, choose the desired Google account that you want to use and then click on allow.
With your Google account now linked, you need to authorise Google Data Studio to use the third party Connector. To do this, click on the “Authorise” button.
Once you’ve authorised Google Data Studio, a new dialogue box will now open up on your screen. Here, you’ll need to sign in to your Klaviyo account by providing your credentials such as username and password; to set up the Klaviyo Data Studio integration.
Once you’ve logged in successfully, a new window will now open up on your screen, representing a dashboard for your Klaviyo account.
This is how you can set up the Klaviyo Data Studio integration using third party connectors.
Limitations of Using a Third Party Connector
The following are some of the challenges that you will face while setting up the Klaviyo Data Studio integration:
- Currently, Google doesn’t provide an official Klaviyo Connector developed by them, and hence you will have to leverage third-party Connectors to achieve this. Using and providing access for your Google & Klaviyo accounts to a third party Connector can result in a data & security breach.
- It does not allow you to load data from Klaviyo to Google Data Studio in real-time.
Method 2: Using Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline
Say goodbye to the tedious challenges of unifying your marketing data! Use Hevo Data, a No-code Data Integration Platform, to connect Klaviyo with various Marketing Applications to bring in integrated data in a matter of minutes and visualise it in Google Data Studio. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only bringing in your data from multiple sources but also transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Gone are the days of sitting down and manually optimising your data to get rid of inconsistencies, silos and managing data losses. Hevo takes care of all your pre-processing needs and lets you focus on key business activities and develop a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers and take your business to new heights of profitability.Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
Steps to use Hevo Data
Hevo focuses on three simple steps to get you started:
- Connect: Connect Hevo Data with Klaviyo by simply providing the API key for your Klaviyo account, along with a unique name for your pipeline. You can also configure the amount of historical data you want to sync. To do this, select the time duration (in months) from the Historical Data Sync option. You can also check out our impeccable documentation that’ll help clarify any queries that you might have about connecting with Klaviyo.
- Integrate: Consolidate your Marketing Data from several sources in Hevo’s Managed Data Integration Platform and automatically transform it into an analysis-ready form.
- Visualise: Connect Hevo with your desired BI tool such as Google Data Studio and easily visualise your unified marketing data to gain better insights.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a safe & consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its interactive UI, is simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Robust Integration with BI tools: Hevo supports connecting with numerous BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc. in a matter of minutes and lets you analyse your sales & marketing data in a completely secure and hassle-free manner in real-time.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilisation of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
This article teaches you how to set up the Klaviyo Data Studio integration with ease. It also provides in-depth knowledge about the concepts behind every step to help you understand and implement them efficiently. Carrying out an in-depth analysis of your marketing data requires you to integrate data from a diverse set of Marketing Data Sources.
Integrating such diverse data can be challenging and tiresome, especially for a beginner & this is where Hevo saves the day. Hevo Data, helps you easily integrate data from multiple marketing sources and applications and visualise it in your desired BI tool. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only bringing in your data from multiple sources but also transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
You can easily visualise your Unified Marketing Data using your desired BI Tool and create informative business reports.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for the 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
You can now replicate your Klaviyo Data to any Data Warehouse such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, or a destination of your choice without writing code in just a few minutes for free with Hevo.
Tell us about your experience of setting up the Klaviyo Data Studio integration! Share your thoughts in the comments section below!