Marketing is the best way to get a brand in front of consumers. It helps companies to convince consumers to consider their brand over competitor brands. Due to the importance of Marketing, companies have employed different ways to market their brands, including E-Mail Marketing, Instagram Marketing, Google Ads and more.
There are a lot of activities involved in running Marketing Campaigns. The Marketers needs to track the user behavior, segment the audience, customize the Ads Campaign, and run targeted Ads. Most Marketing tasks become repetitive after a certain period. This can become tedious and time-consuming especially when done manually.
That’s why there is a need for a tool that can help Marketers to automate their Marketing tasks. Marketo is a Marketing Automation software that can handle your Marketing. It helps Marketers to automate their Marketing tasks and manage them with ease. In this article, you will read about Marketo, its features and few Marketo Marketing Automations that helps Marketers to manage Ads Campaigns efficiently.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Marketo
- Marketing Automation with Marketo
- Benefits of Marketo Marketing Automation
- An active Marketo Account.
Introduction to Marketo
Marketo is a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) based Marketing Automation tool that helps companies to automate and measure Marketing engagement, tasks, and workflows.
It helps B2B (Business-to-Business) and B2C (Business-to-Consumer) Marketers to target qualified leads, create lead-to-revenue opportunities, and run personalized and automated Marketing Campaigns across many digital channels.
Marketo is accessible across multiple digital channels, including E-Mail, Apps, Website, and Search Ads to automate Marketing Campaigns and lead generation for Marketers.
Key Features of Marketo
Marketo Marketing Automation delivers a user-friendly interface and is easy to use. It’s used by many Marketers because it automates tedious tasks. Some of the features of Marketo are listed below:
- Social Marketing: It helps to strategically roll out different Marketing techniques that influence user behavior and benefit an individual or community.
- Lead Tracking: Marketo Marketing Automation helps you identify and monitor all the sources of leads. It allows you to get an update on each lead and which phase of the funnel requires action.
- Lead Nurturing: Marketo helps you to build a relationship with leads at each buying phase or funnel. It keeps the leads attentive and increases the chances of conversion.
- CRM Integration: Marketo offers robust CRM (Customer Relationship Management) integration to Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, CRM 2013, and On-Premises.
To learn more about Marketo, click here.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Marketo, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Marketing Automation with Marketo
Marketo helps you reduce your Marketing workload and allows you to focus more on business. Marketo Marketing Automation comes in handy when you have to manage multiple Marketing Campaigns. In this section, you will learn about Marketo Marketing Automation activities. Few are listed below:
1) Sales and Marketing Engagement
Marketo can help you to avoid cold calling. Sales representatives can use Marketo Engage to gain in-context insights into their Marketing Campaign activity to allow efficient lead prioritization, more closed deals, and personalized selling tactics.
Marketo users can get the list of their hot leads directly in the CRM to help them avoid running after consumers who are not interested in their products. This information is provided in context to help them know who to contact and what their interests are.
After getting that information, the sales representative can choose to call or E-Mail the hot leads. They can have Marketing Campaigns for all selling scenarios and orchestrate all their activities from inside the CRM.
Since it also captures sales activities, Marketo gives sales representatives a 360-degree view of both sales and Marketing activities.
2) E-Mail Marketing
With Marketo Marketing Automation, you can create dynamic E-Mail Campaigns that perform well. Marketo Marketing Automation has attractive templates and an easy-to-use drag and drop editor.
The Marketo E-Mail program allows users to segment their audience based on multiple factors. Whether the users received alerts, clicked content, filled out a form, clicked the link in a sales E-Mail, opened the sales E-Mail, etc as shown in the image below.
Marketo Marketing Automation also makes it possible for the users to define their target audience using a drag & drop feature. They only have to drag segments such as “Filled Out Form” from the right side of the editor window, and it will define the target audience accordingly as shown in the image below.
Marketo also comes with at least 30 E-Mail templates that are mobile optimized. It is also easy for the users to edit the templates before using them.
With Marketo Marketing Automation, you can personalize your E-Mails by customizing the text to target specific users. After pasting your text into the correct text field, Marketo will insert personalized attributes relevant to the E-Mail recipient. Image of an E-Mail template shown below.
You can also let Marketo personalize the E-Mails based on segmentations like product interests or type of industry as shown in the image below.
Marketo Marketing Automation makes it easy for users to conduct A/B tests on E-Mails using subject lines, E-Mails, addresses, or date/time as shown in the image below.
You can also add new text variants and vary the text sample size to get the correct one for you. You can use its “Winner Criteria” feature to know which text is more appealing to customers as shown in the image below.
The Marketo Engage E-Mail program makes it easy for users to create, test, schedule, and send highly personalized E-Mails to audiences of all types.
3) Smart Campaigns
Marketo comes with the Smart Campaigns feature to segment and target your contacts and nurture them at scale. You can combine filters and triggers to get the ideal contacts and then activate them into diverse, fully-nurtured Marketing Campaigns.
For example, you can target users who opened your E-Mails, visited your website 3 times a week, and live in California as shown in the image below.
After defining your audience, you can activate them into a particular Marketing Campaign. You can use a combination of channels for the same such as E-Mail. SMS, etc.
4) Lead Nurturing
You can use Nurture Campaigns in Marketo to control the flow of content through streams.
Each stream content has its cadence that can be set to Weekly or Monthly as shown in the image below.
You can add or remove content from a stream using the drag & drop feature. You can also order the content within a stream. If you make any changes in real-time, Nurture Campaigns ensures that users get the content they need.
Marketo Engage will monitor the performance of the Marketing Campaigns over time. The results of the Campaign’s performance are displayed on a dashboard in the form of charts and graphs for easy analysis.
Benefits of Marketo Marketing Automation
Marketo is a very known tool among Marketers for its Marketing Automations. It is an easy-to-use tool that solves the most time-consuming Marketing issues. There are a few benefits of using Marketo Marketing Automation, listed below:
- Ready Reports: Manual configuration to prepare a report eats up a lot of time. One can save time with the help of Marketo Marketing Automation to generate reports in minutes.
- Analyze Customer Behaviour: With the help of Marketo, you can easily track the customer behavior during each phase of buying cycle and specifically boost a stage that needs the most attention.
- Saves Time: No one wants to spend all their time sitting in front of a screen and managing Marketing Campaigns. One can focus on business and strategy and leave most of their Marketing tasks to Marketo.
- 360-degree Approach: Marketo Marketing Automation offers the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously like lead management, SEO, Influencer Marketing, website customization, etc. It increases efficiency and helps to generate better ROI (Return on Investment).
In this article, you learned about Marketo Marketing Automations that helps to reduce workload and save time. You also read about different features of Marketo that make it a suitable Marketing Automation tool for mid to large-sized businesses. Marketo Marketing Automation tools can handle complex Marketing practices and organize each Ads Campaign for you. As businesses expand, they need every piece of data from various sources for Data Analytics. It can help them strategically budget their Marketing Campaigns.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Data from Marketo Marketing Automation tools hold great value to companies. Managing data transfer from multiple sources to a Data Warehouse is a time-consuming task. Hevo Data can save your time. It is a No-code Data Pipeline solution that can transfer data from Marketo and 100+ sources to any Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process of transforming and loading data from the source to the desired destination without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Marketo Marketing Automation in the comments section below!