Digitalization is emerging as a revolution. Be it software, Marketing, food ordering, Sales, etc.; everything is getting a Digital footprint. With the increase in digitalization, everyone wants a quicker and simplified way to connect in updates, alerts, etc.
This post will discuss a robust Data Analytics tool, Redash, and a popular messaging tool Slack. This post will help you to understand Redash Slack Integration for sending alerts and actions. At the end of this article, you will be able to establish Redash Slack Integration easily.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Redash
Redash is a UI-based collaborative Visualization and Dashboarding platform that allows users to interact with the data regardless of their technical expertise. SQL users can easily leverage Redash to explore, query, and generate insights from the data and share within the team. The Analytical Reports and Insights can be shared across the organization and help users to make data-driven decisions.
Key Features of Redash
Redash includes the following features:
- Web-Based UI: Redash provides a shareable URL that can be accessed via any browser and contains all features.
- Query Editor: Redash has a Query Editor which allows you to write SQL and NoSQL queries with a Schema Browser and Auto-Complete features.
- Excellent Graphics: Redash has terrific graphics which can create beautiful visualizations with drag and drop and combine them into a single dashboard.
- Ease of Sharing: Redash allows users to collaborate and share their work with others, enabling peer review of reports and queries.
- Support for Data Sources: Redash has excellent support for Data Sources and has a long list of SQL, NoSQL, and platform connectors.
- REST API: Redash has an API to interact with all the UI options. So you can quickly implement Redash with your favorite programming language.
For further information on Redash, checkout the official website here.
Introduction to Slack
Slack is the new form of messaging app that is majorly used in organizations for their intra-company communication. It provides a lot more functionality than a conventional messaging app like Skype, Teams, etc. Slack is a chat room designed for the entire company that allows you to organize the communications via groups & privately and securely share the files. It replaces email as the primary source of communication.
Slack can integrate well with other apps and allows you to manage your entire workflow through one platform. Slack is available on both Desktop and Mobile, enabling ease of communication irrespective of the place.
Key Features of Slack
- Everything in One Place: Slack can keep email, text messages, and IM in one place.
- Group Creation: Slack allows you to create groups that can save all the files, IM’s, text messages forever until deleted.
- Advanced Notifications: Slack allows you to mention the teammates with @ that sends the push notification to their app and mobile phone, thereby getting their attention.
- Audio and Video Calls: With Slack, you can create on the fly audio and video calls to collaborate instantly.
- Excellent Third-Party Integration: Slack supports third-party Integrations, enabling quick sharing of information to the team from those apps.
For further information on Slack, checkout the official website here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports Redash along with 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your data Analysis with Hevo today! Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
Steps to Set up Redash Slack Integration
The Redash Slack bot is now deprecated, as stated by their official documentation. This API bot has end-to-end Integration with Redash. However, you can undoubtedly set up alerts with Redash to send alerts to Slack by carrying out Redash Slack Integration. Follow the below how to do it guide:
Step 1: Adding New Alert Destination
To carry out Redash Slack Integration, firstly, in Redash, Open the “Alert Destinations” tab in the settings screen, and click on ”+ New Alert Destination”.
Step 2: Adding Destination Type
A form will open up, and in that form, you can select many different destination types. For this integration, choose “Slack” as your destination type.
Step 3: Providing Webhook URL
Set the name, channel, etc. and provide a “Slack Webhook URL” in this case. If you don’t have a Slack URL, you can create it by signing in here:
Step 4: Sending Alerts to a Channel or Specific Person
If you are creating a channel, make sure to prefix with # (i.e. #team_updates). Or if you wanted to send to a specific person, mention them with @ (i.e. @Tony).
Step 5: Adding Destination for any Alert
Now, add this new destination for any alert that you want to be sent to Slack.
That’s it; you have successfully established Redash Slack Integration, all the alerts sent for the above-created channel will be directly sent to Slack. The users who have subscribed to that channel will receive those alerts.
You have now carried out Redash Slack Integration manually using APIs. Working with APIs requires you to have the robust technical knowledge and can be challenging, especially for beginners. Here’s when Hevo saves the day. You can integrate many such platforms without prior technical knowledge using Hevo.
Hevo helps you directly transfer data from a source of your choice to a Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, or desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code. It supports 100+ Sources (including 30+ free Data Sources). It will make your life easier and make Data Integration hassle-free. It is User-Friendly, Reliable, and Secure. Get started with Hevo today! Sign up for the 14-day free trial!
Tell us about your experience of setting up Redash Slack Integration! Let us know in the comments section below.