How cool will it be when you enter your data into your Salesforce CRM, the data appears automatically in your Accounting Software Sage. All your orders, estimates, receipts, and invoices can be accessed with customer details. When a customer profile is created in Sage, an account and contact will be updated in Salesforce. You can enter payments in Sage and the opening balances instantly get added in Salesforce. All this is possible with Sage Salesforce Integration.
Sage Intacct Salesforce Integration is a very powerful combination. This integration paves way for multiple useful business opportunities. Salesforce is the most popular CRM across the globe. One of the most widely used Accounting software is Sage. Sage is also an Enterprise Resource Planning tool.
In this blog, you will be introduced to Salesforce and Sage Intacct along with their key features. The Sage Salesforce integration architecture, steps, and the objects synced are discussed in detail. The purpose and benefits of Sage Salesforce Integration are also emphasized.
Table of contents
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool that is designed to support companies in managing their Sales and Customer related data. You can use the Salesforce CRM without any technical background as it is easy to set up and manage. It has redefined the relationship between businesses and their customers by developing a more meaningful connection between them. By providing a single view for each of your client interactions, Salesforce CRM can give you unique insights into the customer’s journey and at the same time empower you with tools that can enhance your customers’ experience.
Also, Salesforce is Cloud-based, which implies that it can provide high flexibility and scalability to its users. Salesforce is the ultimate solution for your business as it provides all the necessary elements for your business on an automation platform with embedded intelligence.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most widely used CRM tools and the following features are responsible for its immense popularity:
- Ease of Setup: Unlike other CRMs, which on average take up to nearly a year to get installed and deployed, Salesforce can be set up from scratch and be deploy ready within few weeks only.
- Straightforward: Businesses don’t have to spend much time training their employees for using this CRM. It is quite straightforward and does not require much training or technical experience.
- Customizable: Salesforce’s specialty lies in the customization that it offers. Users can customize this CRM tool according to their business requirements. This particular feature plays a huge role in Salesforce’s immense popularity.
- Account Planning: Salesforce supplies you with enough insights about each Lead so that your Sales Team can tailor-make their approach for every potential Lead. This will surely increase their probability of success and the customer will also get a personalized experience.
- Accessibility: Salesforce being a Cloud-based software, is accessible from all remote locations if you have a working internet connection. Moreover, Salesforce offers an application for mobile phones thus making it super convenient for the users.
Introduction to Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is a cloud-based accounting and financial management software. Sage Intacct accelerated your success by delivering profound accounting opportunities like tax filings, payroll, inventory tracking tools across multiple industries. Sage Intacct provides an open ecosystem for greater connectivity and impact. This cloud-based accounting software provides true cloud flexibility and accessibility. Sage Intacct keeps your organization agile with a configurable, open cloud accounting solution. This allows you to share data and connect multiple solutions with your financial foundations at ease. The Sage Intacct is said to handle over 100 million application requests per day and over 50 billion financial records.
Sage Intacct automates all your day-to-day business activities to provide valuable insights. These insights will allow you to make convinced long-term decisions and make changes when required.
Key Features of Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is one of the most widely used accounting and financial management software and the following features are responsible for its immense popularity:
- Accounts payable and receivable: The automated workflows to manage the entire Accounts payable and Accounts receivable process. This accelerates your cash flows by managing invoices, credit terms, and other tasks.
- Purchasing: Sage Intacct provides facilities to create structured predefined transactions and approval workflows that leverage purchasing speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Spend and Inventory Management: Using Sage Intacct, you can avoid unexpected cash inflow issues by managing your spending against a budget. Inventory Management works together with your purchasing and order entry processes to know what you have in stock and what you sold.
- Cash Management and Fixed assets: Sage Intacct provides an overview of your company’s money flow in real-time. Cash Management is possible by viewing the transactions across all the credit cards, checking, and savings accounts. Sage Intacct’s Fixed Assets provide a clear picture of all your asset valuation, insurance status, condition and etc.
- Dashboards and Built-in reporting: Sage Intacct’s built-in reporting and dashboards provide you valuable insights on your business and operations performances. These reports will help you make smart confident decisions and understand the entire process better.
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from Salesforce for free, and 100+ other data sources (including 30+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong Integration with 100+ Sources (including 30+ Free Sources), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc., such as HubSpot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Purpose of Sage Salesforce Integration
Sage Salesforce Integration creates a hassle-free environment to share financial data with the customers and with other team members. This Sage Intacct Salesforce Integration enables you to identify new sales opportunities. You can view the customer orders and touchpoints along with the customer’s details after Sage Salesforce Integration. You can fo over finances at ease after Sage Intacct Salesforce Integration. This Sage Intacct Salesforce Integration provides you the option to view open balances in Salesforce, even if you have entered the data in Sage Intacct.
Intacct Salesforce Integration creates a flexible environment for cross-functional teams. For example, When the sales team enters customer details in Salesforce, the accounting team creates an invoice in Sage without entering the data again. This is possible only with Sage Salesforce Integration.
Sage Salesforce integration architecture version 0.1
The general Sage Salesforce Integration architecture includes the following modules:
- Scheduled Batch Job
- API Calls to Sage ERP
- Object Sync
The controller determines the objects to be synced according to the pre-configured settings. The mappings are already defined in the configuration. The flow of objects between Salesforce and Sage is controlled by the controller as per these configuration settings made.
Scheduled Batch Job
The Scheduled Batch Job instigates the controller to perform its action. Another important function of the Scheduled Batch Job is to start the entire cyclic process on a periodic basis.
API Calls to Sage ERP
The API Calls to Sage ERP are responsible for the push and pull of object data between Salesforce and Sage ERP. This process is based on configuration settings. The API Calls to Sage ERP involves the actual business logic. This is to perform the authentication processes in Sage ERP and to store or update the information in the configuration settings.
The configuration includes all the sensitive details like the Client ID, Client Secret, and the refresh tokens. These refresh tokens are the essential components in the process of API calls and authentication. The configurations are used to configure the following:
- List of Sage APIs.
- Business country.
- Sage product info.
- List of objects to sync between Sage ERP and Salesforce.
The Object Sync is keeps a track of the inbound and outbound queues that contain the API responses. This also holds all the failure logs and mails notification for every failure that occurred. Object Sync consists of statistical information like failed count, success count and etc.
Sage Salesforce Integration
A scheduled batch API approach is used in Saga Salesforce Integration. In this approach, the data is loaded into Salesforce on a timely basis. Salesforce is responsible for scheduling and loading data from Sage. Salesforce also manages the flow of data into Salesforce objects. All these processes are based on the object mapping determined in the global configuration object.
This Intacct Salesforce Integration also holds all the stats about the inflow of records, failed records, and the missing parameters. The real-time event pushing ability in Sage Salesforce Integration pushes the data immediately when an instance is created.
Salesforce schedules a job depending on the mapping configuration, then it authenticates that job with Sage ERP. Only after the authentication is successful, the process the syncing data between Salesforce and ERP commences using the global configuration.
Steps in Sage Salesforce Integration
The following are the process involved in Sage Salesforce Integration:
Step1: On a timely basis, first schedule a batch API.
Step2: Now, load the global configuration file.
Step3: Invoke Authentication API of Sage requesting access to data.
Step4:BAed on Global configuration file definitions, invoke Sage API.
Step5: Sync each object data to the Inbound object.
Step6: Insert or Update data to the respective object.
Step7: Note the sync stats for the records that failed.
Objects Synced in Sage Salesforce Integration
The Objects synced from Salesforce to Sage ERP in Sage Salesforce Integration are listed below:
- Opportunity Closed
The Objects synced from Sage ERP to Salesforce in Sage Salesforce Integration are listed below:
- Purchase Orders
Benefits of Sage Salesforce Integration
The benefits of Sage Salesforce Integration include:
- You can access the Sage data, expenses, invoices, sales history, and orders from Salesforce.
- You can improve your forecasting using the insights obtained from the reports and dashboard.
- You can automate your workflow with a no-code platform.
- You can manage your time efficiently as it is enough to enter the data in either Salesforce or Sage.
- The errors or mismatched data can be prevented to a greater extent.
- You can unify the process of creating transactions such as invoices, sales receipts in one system.
From this blog, You would have understood the steps in Sage Intacct Salesforce integration along with their objects that are synced. The Sage Salesforce integration architecture will be clear to you now. And also you would have got an elaborate understanding of Salesforce and Sage Intacct along with their key features. You have also learned about the purpose and benefits of Intacct Salesforce Integration.
As a matter of fact, being an expert or recurring Salesforce CRM User, you are most likely working with a large number of data sources, both internally and through external Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers. Having all of this data in one location like Data Warehouse facilitates analysis and speeds up the decision-making process. This necessitates integration with all third-party Apps and Services.
When you work with Hevo, you get this superpower to load your aggregated Data from various SaaS Applications and CRMs such as Salesforce (Free Source Connector with Hevo), HubSpot, Zendesk to Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Amazon Redshift Google BigQuery in a completely hassle-free & automated manner.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Would you like to take Hevo for a test?
Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
And let us know your experience of learning about Sage Salesforce Integration in the comments below. We would be delighted to hear from you!