Do you wish to manage your Salesforce messaging and communication services effectively? Do you want to identify your correct Leads and contact them? If yes, then you are on the right page. This article provides a solution: Twilio Salesforce Integration to manage your Salesforce communication.
Salesforce is the leading CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform that helps you streamline your Sales and Marketing workflows. On the other hand, Twilio is a Cloud communication platform that uses intelligent features to send and receive messages globally. Moreover, nowadays one of the most personalized ways to create healthy relationships with your customers is through SMS. Twilio Salesforce Integration allows you to send and receive SMS inside and outside Salesforce. This Integration aims to revive the telecom sector’s significance and assist you in making the most effective use of it by providing you with the finest and most useful features.
In this article, you will be introduced to Twilio and Salesforce. You will also explore the key features of Twilio and Salesforce. Moreover, you will understand the importance and learn the steps to set up Twilio Salesforce Integration. At the end of the article, you will explore the key features and benefits of this Integration. So, let’s dive deep into Twilio Salesforce Integration.
Table of Contents
To successfully set up Twilio Salesforce Integration you need to meet the following requirements:
- A Salesforce account with Admin rights.
- A Twilio account with Admin rights.
- Basic Understanding of Salesforce.
Introduction to Twilio
Twilio is Cloud-based software, designed to give corporate organizations effective and productive communication solutions. Developers can use Twilio APIs to create customer reports they need or to integrate Twilio with other platforms. One of the best features of Twilio is that it allows you to select the most appropriate communication channel for the people you’re catering to, allowing you to give personalized services to them.
The Twilio Customer Engagement Platform is used to create a great digital experience for its customers, using features like SMS, WhatsApp, Voice, Video, Email. Moreover, Twilio manages communications for over 190,000 businesses and facilitates roughly 932 billion human interactions annually.
Key Features of Twilio
The Twilio platform provides various notable features like different pricing plans, easy-to-develop features, integration stability, and many more. Let’s discuss these in detail.
- Quick Development: The Twilio platform is equipped with a powerful but simple API that supports a variety of programming languages, including. C#, Java, Ruby, Python, Node, and PHP. As a result, regardless of the language they employ, corporate groups will have no trouble adding authentication and verbal interchange capabilities to their apps. This also allows for the quickest deployment time across the organization.
- Cost-Effective: The Twilio Platform is cost-effective since the one-of-a-kind communication APIs are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis. Organizations will only have to pay for the functions they utilize because there will be no annual or monthly contracts to tie them down. This gives them unrivaled control over their communication and programming expenses.
- Reliable Connections: Regardless of how dispersed a business is, the Twilio Platform provides a consistent degree of connectivity with employees, clients, and partners. As a result of this method, the parties engaged are unlikely to be stopped while the communication is taking place.
- Regional and Localized Compliance: Regional compliance and localization requirements can be met by redesigning numerous areas of the code if the scenario calls for it. This eliminates the need to completely rewrite the program.
For more details on the Twilio features, you can visit here.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a prominent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology that automates the Sales and Marketing processes. It is a pay-as-you-go subscription-based American firm with its headquarters in San Francisco, California. Salesforce is undoubtedly the most well-known and successful company CRM software, with clients from a wide range of industries. It assists your Marketing team in obtaining, recording, storing, segregating, and evaluating important customer data, as well as managing your Database and providing appropriate comments and suggestions.
Furthermore, Salesforce has a number of built-in applications that are used by a variety of internal departments, including Sales, Marketing, and Analytics. It also offers a number of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for accessing and migrating data within your company.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce has several features that make it so popular with businesses. Some of the key features of Salesforce include:
- Accounting Management: Salesforce provides businesses with a comprehensive view of their customers. Customers can view Activity Logs, Customer Conversations, Contacts, Internal Account Discussions, and other information at any time.
- Opportunity Management: Salesforce allows customers to review their products, competitors, and other relevant information for each transaction. This makes it a popular choice when compared to other options.
- Lead Management: Salesforce helps companies track leads and improve campaign performance across all Marketing channels. As a result, they will be able to make more informed decisions about how and where to spend their Marketing money.
- Analytics and Forecasting: Salesforce comes with customizable dashboards that show critical performance metrics and reporting tools for your company. This Analytics can help you make better business decisions.
To explore more about Salesforce, visit here.
Significance of Twilio Salesforce Integration
Salesforce’s major goal is to provide clients with personalized services. By integrating with Twilio, they are making this goal a step further by utilizing the services supported by Twilio for Salesforce. Twilio Salesforce Integration helps your business identify the leads that you need to communicate with in order to close the deal.
This will aid you in deciding whether or not to send these leads an SMS with a highly persuasive message, or a call-to-action to contact your organization. Hence, this Integration allows you to personalize and convey messages to your customers, making them feel unique.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce. It is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Steps to Set Up Twilio Salesforce Integration
As now that you understood the importance of Twilio Salesforce Integration, let’s discuss how you can connect Twilio with Salesforce easily. You can follow the steps below to install Twilio for Salesforce.
Step 1: Install Twilio Packages for Salesforce from AppExchange
To successfully set up Twilio Salesforce Integration, you need to start by installing some Twilio packages from AppExchange. Follow the steps below to install Twilio packages:
- Go to the Twilio AppExchange site. You can click on this link to directly visit AppExchange.
- You have to select one preferred option out of Install in Sandbox or Install in Production as shown below.
- Next, select the option to Install for All Users and click Install.
Step 2: Connect Twillio Account with Salesforce
Now, after installing the packages successfully, you need to authenticate your Twilio Account credentials in Salesforce. Follow the steps below:
- Go to your Salesforce App Launcher and search for Twilio Configuration. A new page will open, as shown below.
- Click on Create Account or Log In to go to Twilio Console.
- Next, copy your Account SID and Auth Token from the Twilio Console as shown below.
- Now, paste the copied credentials into Salesforce App launcher- Twilio Configuration as shown below and click on Validate Credentials.
Step 3: Create a New Messaging Service in Twilio Salesforce Integration
To take advantage of Twilio features in Salesforce like sending messages, you need to set up a pool of Twilio phone numbers. This is provided by Twilio’s Messaging Service. The Messaging service supports phone numbers for 3 types of SMS:
- Campaign SMS is sent from the Campaigns Lightning Component.
- Send SMS that sends a notification through process builder action
- SMS sent by Salesforce users who don’t have any assigned phone number.
So, to create a new Messaging Service, follow the steps below:
- Go to Twilio Console, and open the Messaging Services page. Then, click on Create New Messaging Service as shown below.
- Next, Name your Messaging service and choose the Use Case as per your own use case from the drop-down list. Click Create once done.
Step 4: Buy or Add Phone Numbers for your Messaging Service
After creating a new Messaging Service, you need to buy phone numbers, to start your service. Follow the steps below to buy a phone number:
- Click on SMS>Messaging Services>Connect to Salesforce>Numbers in the sidebar and click on Buy a Number as shown below.
- Now, purchase the desired phone number from the search results after looking at the details by selecting the Buy option. The purchased phone number will appear on your Messaging Service page as shown below.
Step 5: Create a Webhook to Receive Incoming Messages
After you have purchased the phone numbers, you need to customize your Twilio Salesforce Integration a bit to receive incoming messages inside Salesforce. If you have not configured your Integration for incoming messages your messages will be marked as Failed Error: 3008 and these won’t be synced to your Salesforce.
So, to see incoming messages, you will need to create a Webhook using TwiML Bin. Follow the below steps to see your incoming messages.
- Go to Twilio Console. Then select TwiML Bins from the navigation sidebar as shown below.
- Next, click on Create New TwiML Bin and then enter the following command.
After this, click Save and copy your TwiML Bin’s URL as shown below.
- Next, go to Messaging Service and select Integration, check the Send a Webhook button. Paste your TwiML Bin URL into the Request URL field and click Save as shown below.
Step 6: Select Messaging Service in Salesforce
Now, that you have set up your Messaging Service, next you need to select the Messaging Service. You can do this by going to the Twilio Configuration page in Salesforce and select the Messaging Service. After this, click on Validate Credentials as shown below.
Step 7: Add Users to Twilio Permission Sets
In this final step, you need to specify permissions that others users can access. Twilio allows two Permission Sets:
- Twilio User: A Twilio User can send, view, and access all the features of the Twilio package, except configuring or modifying Twilio API credentials.
- Twilio Administrator: The Twilio Administrator can view and configure Twilio API credentials.
Follow the steps below to add Permission Sets:
- Go to Setup and search Permission Sets in Salesforce.
- Next, click on the permission sets you want to assign as shown below.
- Now, click on Manage Assignments on the Permission Sets page as shown below.
- Next, assign the Permission Set to your desired user by clicking on the Assign button as shown below.
Moreover, if you want to extend the native Twilio Flex Salesforce Integration, you can refer here.
Hurray!! You have successfully set up your Twilio Salesforce Integration.
Key Features of Twilio Salesforce Integration
Twilio Salesforce Integration supports both inbound and outbound calls from Salesforce. Along with this, the Integration supports other key features such as:
- The Twilio Salesforce Integration supports native digital engagement that allows you to interact with your customers on various communications APIs, such as Voice, Web Chat, SMS, and WhatsApp
- This Integration also allows you to personalize your Salesforce Object (case, lead, contact, or other custom objects) and blend it with other channels.
- Moreover, this Integration supports pre-built native features like click-to-dial, screen pop with search capabilities, context switching, activity logging, and many more.
In case you want to launch Twilio Flex Salesforce Integration in Salesforce Lightning, refer here.
Benefits of Twilio Salesforce Integration
Now, that you have gained a deeper understanding of key features as well as the steps to set up Twilio Salesforce Integration, let’s learn some of the key benefits of this Integration.
- Twilio Salesforce Integration allows you to communicate with your Leads and Contacts both inside and outside of Salesforce.
- This Integration allows you to manage your notification, calls, SMS effectively. Moreover, it allows you to easily schedule your outgoing text messages.
- Twilio supports a Twilio API which makes your workflow easy, as you can customize and extend your Integration features with it.
- The Integration of Twilio with Salesforce helps your business to send personalized messages reliably to your Leads. In addition, it provides notifications regarding delivery status along with a group inboxing feature to manage your texts effectively.
In this article, you learned the key features of Twilio and Salesforce. Moreover, you understood the significance of Twilio Salesforce Integration. You also learned the steps to set up this Integration. In addition, you explored the key features and benefits of Twilio Salesforce Integration.
You now will be able to receive the best of both the telecom and digital worlds as Twilio and Salesforce join, allowing you to further integrate, automate, and personalize your business communication.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
In case you wish to extract complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Salesforce and other CRMs, Hevo is the right choice for you! Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Twilio Salesforce Integration in the comments section below!