Choosing the right Data Integration tool might be a bit tricky since wide options are available in the market today. You might pick the wrong choice if you aren’t aware of what you are looking for. So, it would be a great help if you will be equipped with essential details and information about Data Integration Tools before choosing a service.
This article unfolds how you can choose the right Data Integration Tools to cover all your requirements. You will also explore the factors that you must consider while selecting the Data Integration tools. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Types of Data Integration Tools
Using Data Integration Tools one can perform data mapping, data transformation, and data cleansing processes. Here are the 4 types of Data Integration tools:
1) On-premise Data Integration Tools
These are the tools perfect for integrating data from different local or on-premise data sources. They are installed in a private cloud or local network along with optimized native connectors for batch loading from several data sources.
2) Cloud-based Data Integration Tools
Cloud Data Integration tools are iPaaS or integration platforms as services that help in integrating data from different sources often into a cloud-based Data Warehouse.
3) Open-source Data Integration Tools
These are the best options if you are trying to avoid the use of proprietary and potentially expensive enterprise software development solutions. It is also best if you want to have complete control of your data in-house.
4) Proprietary Data Integration Tools
These tools primarily differ from open-source tools in terms of pricing. They are also often built to cater very well to specific business use cases.
What are the Best Data Integration Tools in 2023?
With such a large number of products on the market, finding the right Data Integration Tools for a company’s needs can be tough. Here’s an overview of seven of the most popular and tried-out Database Replication solutions. These are the top Data Integration Tools used widely in the market today.
1. Hevo Data
Hevo Data allows you to replicate data in near real-time from 150+ sources to the destination of your choice including Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Databricks, and Firebolt. Without writing a single line of code. Finding patterns and opportunities is easier when you don’t have to worry about maintaining the pipelines. So, with Hevo as your data pipeline platform, maintenance is one less thing to worry about.
For the rare times, things do go wrong, Hevo ensures zero data loss. To find the root cause of an issue, Hevo also lets you monitor your workflow so that you can address the issue before it derails the entire workflow. Add 24*7 customer support to the list, and you get a reliable tool that puts you at the wheel with greater visibility. Check Hevo’s in-depth documentation to learn more.
If you don’t want SaaS tools with unclear pricing that burn a hole in your pocket, opt for a tool that offers a simple, transparent pricing model. Hevo has 3 usage-based pricing plans starting with a free tier, where you can ingest up to 1 million records.
Hevo was the most mature Extract and Load solution available, along with Fivetran and Stitch but it had better customer service and attractive pricing. Switching to a Modern Data Stack with Hevo as our go-to pipeline solution has allowed us to boost team collaboration and improve data reliability, and with that, the trust of our stakeholders on the data we serve.– Juan Ramos, Analytics Engineer, Ebury
Check out how Hevo empowered Ebury to build reliable data products here.
Get 14-Day Free Trial!
2. Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi is a cloud-based integration tool from Dell. With a visual designer and a variety of pre-configured components, it enables businesses to effortlessly integrate applications, partners, and customers via the web. Boomi can perform a variety of exciting tasks for organizations of all sizes.
It has all the tools you need to develop and maintain integrations between two or more endpoints.
Key Features of Dell Boomi
- This tool supports several application integrations as a service and is used by both SMBs and large companies.
- Dell Boomi offers different integration and data management capabilities ranging from private-cloud, on-premise, and public cloud endpoint connectors up to ETL support.
- The tool allows businesses to manage Data Integration in a central place via a unified reporting portal.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi is a wise choice to manage and move data through hybrid IT architectures.
3. Informatica PowerCenter
Informatica is a software development company that specializes in Data Integration. It provides ETL, data masking, data quality, data replication, data virtualization, master data management, and other services. It can connect to and fetch data from a variety of heterogeneous sources, as well as perform data processing.
Key Features of Informatica PowerCenter
- PowerCenter is referred to as a comprehensive platform intended for Data Integration, migration, and validation.
- This tool is widely used by midsize businesses and large enterprises.
- It runs along with an extensive catalog of related products for big Data Integration, cloud application integration, master data management, data cleansing, and other data management functions.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Informatica PowerCenter
Powercenter is a good choice if you have to deal with a lot of legacy data sources that primarily are on-premise.
Talend is an ETL solution that includes data quality, application integration, data management, Data Integration, data preparation, and big data, among other features.
Talend has a large community because it is an open-source product and it’s the ideal venue for Talend users and community members to discuss their questions, queries, and experiences.
Key Features of Talend
- This is one of the most popular open-source Data Integration tools in the market today.
- Talend also has a wide array of services for advanced Data Integration, Data Management, Data Quality, and more. However, the one we are referring to here is Talend Open Studio.
- Talend lets businesses build a setup for both on-premise and cloud ETL jobs using Spark, Hadoop, and NoSQL Databases.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Talend
If you are fine with compromising on real-time data availability but are trying to optimize on the cost front – an open-source batch data migration application like Talend should be on your radar.
Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) provides ETL capabilities that make the process of obtaining, cleaning, and storing data a uniform and consistent format.
Pentaho’s Data Integration is extremely popular, and it has established itself as the most widely used and desired Data Integration component.
Key Features of Pentaho
- Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) is known for its simple learning curve and usage simplicity.
- Often Data Integration use cases revolve around moving Data from various data sources to the warehouse. Pentaho supports multiple use cases outside of ETL in a Data Warehouse. Examples: Database replication, database to flat files, and more.
- Pentaho allows users to create ETL jobs on a graphical interface without the need for writing code.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Pentaho
Since PDI is open source, it is a good option for cost-sensitive customers. Pentaho is a batch Data Integration tool and cannot stream data in real-time.
SnapLogic is the integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that offer fast integration service to enterprises. It comes with a simple easy-to-use browser-based interface with 500+ pre-built connectors.
With the help of SnapLogic’s Artificial Intelligence-based assistant, a person from any line of business can effortlessly integrate the 2 platforms using the click-and-go feature.
Key Features of SnapLogic
- SnapLogic offers Reporting tools that allow users to view the ETL job progress with the help of graphs and charts.
- It provides the simplest user interface enabling self-service integration for everyone. Anyone with no technical knowledge can integrate the source with the destination.
- SnapLogic, with its intelligent system, detects any EDI error and instantly notifies and prepares a log report for the issue.
The Best-Suited Use Case for SnapLogic
SnapLogic is an easy-to-use Data Integration tool that is best suited for citizen integrators, who don’t have technical knowledge.
Jitterbit is a harmony integration tool that enables enterprises to establish API connections between apps and services. It supports cloud-based, on-premise, and Saas applications.
Along with Data Integration tools, it offers AI features that include speech recognition, real-time language translation, and a recommendation system. It is called the Swiss Army Knife of Big Data Integration Platforms.
Key Features of Jitterbit
- Jitterbit offers a powerful Workflow Designer that allows users to create new integration between 2 apps with its pre-built Data Integration tools templates.
- It comes with an Automapper that can help you map similar fields and over 300 formulas to make the transformation easier.
- Jitterbit provides a virtual environment where one can test integrations without disrupting existing ones.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Jitterbit
Jitterbit is an Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (EiPaaS), and one can use it to solve complex integrations quickly.
Zigiwave is a Data Integration Tool for ITSM, Monitoring, DevOps, Cloud, and CRM systems. It can automate your workflow in a matter of few clicks as it offers a No-code interface for easy-to-go integrations.
With the help of its deep integration features, one can map the entities of any level. Zigiwave smart data loss prevention protects data at the time of system downtime.
Key Features of Zigiwave
- Zigiwave acts as an intermediate between 2 platforms and doesn’t store any data which makes it a secure cloud Data Integration platform.
- Zigiwave synchronizes data in real-time making it a no lag Data Integration tool for enterprises.
- It is highly flexible and customizable and one can filter and map data according to the needs.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Zigiwave
It is best suited for companies with fewer human resources and who want to automate operations with cost-effective solutions.
9. IRI Voracity
IRI Voracity is an iPaaS Data Integration tool that can connect 2 apps with its powerful APIs and also offers federation, masking, data quality, and MDM integrations.
It offers a GUI workspace designed on Eclipse to perform integrations, transformations, and Hadoop jobs. Along with powerful Data Integration tools, it offers other GUI-based tools that help users to understand and track the data transfer easily.
Key Features of IRI Voracity
- IRI Voracity generates detailed reports for ETL jobs that help users to track all the activities and log all the errors.
- It also enables users to directly integrate their data with other Business Analytics and Business Intelligence tools to help analyze their data in one place.
- Users can transform, normalize or denormalize their data with the help of a GUI wizard.
The Best-Suited Use Case for IRI Voracity
IRI Voracity is an Eclipse GUI-based Data Integration platform and is best suited for people familiar with working with Eclipse-based wizards and who need other additional features of IRI Voracity Data Management.
10. Oracle Data Integrator
Oracle Data Integrator is one of the most renowned Data Integration providers that features seamless data integration for SaaS and SOA-enabled data services.
It also offers easy interoperability with Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) for enterprise users. Oracle Data Integrator provides GUI-based tools for a faster and better user experience.
Key Features of Oracle Data Integrator
- It automatically detects faulty data white data loading and transforming process and recycles it before loading it again.
- It supports all RDBMSs such as Oracle, Exadata, Teradata, IBM DB2, Netezza, Sybase IQ, and other file technologies like XML, and ERPs.
- Its unique ETL architecture offers greater productivity with low Maintainance and higher performance for data transformation.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Oracle Data Integrator
The unique ETL architecture of Oracle Data Integrator eliminates the dedicated ETL servers, which reduces its hardware and software maintenance costs. So it’s best for businesses that want cost-effective data integration technologies.
Celigo is an iPaaS Data Integration tool with a click-and-go feature. It automates most of your workflow for data extraction and transformation to destinations.
It offers many pre-built connectors that include most Cloud platforms used in the industry daily. Its user-friendly interface enables technical and non-technical users to perform data integration jobs within minutes.
Key Features of Celigo
- Celigo offers a low-code GUI-based Flow Builder that allows users to build custom integrations from scratch.
- Celigo provides an Autopilot feature with inegrator.io that allows users to automate most workflow with the help of pattern recognition AI.
- With the help of Celigo developers can create and share their stacks, and generate tokens for direct API calls for complex flow logic to build integrations.
The Best-Suited Use Case for Celigo
It is best suited for users who want to automate most of the Data Integration workflow and have no coding knowledge.
12. MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
MuleSoft Anypoint Platform is a unified iPaaS Data Integration tool that helps companies establish a connection between 2 cloud-based apps or a cloud or on-premise system for seamless data synchronization.
It stores the data stream from data sources locally and on the Cloud. It uses MuleSoft expression language to access and transform data.
Key Features of the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
- It offers mobile support that allows users to manage their workflow and monitor tasks from backend systems, legacy systems, and SaaS applications.
- MuleSoft can integrate with many enterprise solutions and IoT devices such as sensors, medical devices, etc.
- It allows users to perform complex integrations with pre-built templates and out-of-box connectors to accelerate the entire data transfer process.
The Best-Suited Use Case for the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
This integrated data platform is best suited for companies that need to connect to many information sources, in public and private clouds and wants to access outdated system data.
|G2 customer |
|IRI Voracity||Commercial||No||Yes||Contact Sales||None|
What Factors to Consider While Selecting Data Integration Tools?
While picking the right Data Integration tool from several great options out there, it is important to be wise enough. So, how would you select the best data integration platform for your use case? Here are some factors to keep in mind:
1) Data Sources Supported
As your business grows, the complexity of the Data Integration strategy will grow. Take note that there are many streams and web-based applications, and data sources that are being added to your business suit daily by different teams.
Hence, it is important to choose a tool that could grow and can accommodate your expanding list of data sources as well.
Initially, the volume of the data you need for your Data Integration software could be less. But, as your business scales, you will start capturing every touchpoint of your customers, exponentially growing the volume of data that your data infrastructure should be capable of handling.
When you choose your Data Integration tool, ensure that the tool can easily scale up and down as per your data needs.
3) Security and Compliance
Given you are dealing with mission-critical data, you have to make sure that the solution offers the expertise and the resources needed to ensure that you are covered when it comes to security and compliance.
4) Real-Time Data Availability
This is applicable only if you are use case is to bring data to your destination for real-time analysis. For many companies – this is the primary use case. Not all Data Integration solutions support this. Many bring data to the destination in batches – creating a lag of anywhere between a few hours to days.
5) Data Transformations
The data that is extracted from different applications is in different formats. For example, the date represented in your database can be in epoch time whereas another system has the date in “mm-dd-yy”.
To be able to do meaningful analysis, companies would want to bring data to the destination in a common format that makes analysis easy and fast. This is where Data transformation comes into play. Depending on your use case, pick a tool that enables seamless data transformations.
This article provided you with a brief overview of Data Integration and Data Integration Tools. Now, you are in the position to choose the best Data Integration tools based on your requirements.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, that will not only help you transfer data but also transform it into analysis-ready form, then Hevo Data is the right choice for you! It will take care of all your analytics needs in a completely automated manner, allowing you to focus on key business activities.
Now that you have an idea of how to go about picking a Data Integration Tool, let us know your thoughts/questions in the comments section below.