Integrating your Project Management tools has become a must for today’s businesses. Project Management tools like Asana offers a diverse set of applications that are often utilized in isolation. However, these tools work best when used in conjunction with other platforms. For example, integrating Google Calendar with Asana can greatly improve team coordination and make it easier to schedule meetings.
Asana is a Project Management tool that enables businesses to organize, assign, and monitor projects. It offers a great deal of customization when it comes to planning and managing tasks. It can help teams increase productivity and meet deadlines. On the other hand, Google Calendar is a free and powerful tool for scheduling and planning events with other users. It offers a lot of useful features, such as the ability to share calendars with others, schedule daily tasks, set reminders, and many more.
This article will guide you through the process of setting up Asana Google Calendar Integration using 2 simple steps. It will provide you with a brief overview of Asana and Google Calendar with their key features. You will also explore the key benefits of setting up Asana Google Calendar Integration in further sections. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Asana
- Introduction to Google Calendar
- Steps to Set Up Asana Google Calendar Integration
- Key Benefits of Setting Up Asana Google Calendar Integration
You will have a much easier time setting up your Asana Google Calendar Integration if you have gone through the following prerequisites:
- An active Asana account.
- An active Google account.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
Introduction to Asana
Asana is a Project Management tool that assists business teams in organizing, planning, and managing their workflows. It is available as a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) platform as well as a mobile application. Asana is considered a one-stop solution for all of your project and task management needs. It makes it simple to assign tasks to team members, set task priorities, and track project progress, ensuring that everyone stays on track. It also incorporates Agile Methodologies to boost productivity and improve teamwork.
Asana offers a wide range of views to help with Project Management, including List, Board, Dashboard, Timeline, and Calendar. These views provide graphical visualizations to show the current status of work. These visualizations can be used to represent the trend, time, and tasks needed to plan for an ongoing project. Overall, Asana is an excellent Project Management tool, and many teams have found that using Asana has boosted their productivity.
Key Features of Asana
Asana is gaining a large market share because of its distinct characteristics that set it apart from its competitors. Let’s explore some of the key features of Asana:
- Customizable Dashboards: Asana offers fully Customizable Dashboards that display each participant’s status and track the progress of each task separately. Furthermore, customer queries, leads, and job applications may all be tracked from the dashboard.
- Secure Storage: Asana understands that your projects and business communications are confidential, thus it maintains the highest security protocols to protect them. Simultaneously, it integrates and collaborates with a diverse set of services and applications.
- Real-Time Communication: Users can directly post queries regarding specific tasks or activities in Asana, allowing team members to engage in real-time and respond quickly to resolve the problem. It also offers features like Team Pages that help with team communication.
- Visual Project Mapping: You may use visual themes in Asana to design and organize your tasks so that you can readily track how they progress over time.
To know more about Asana, visit this link.
Introduction to Google Calendar
Google Calendar is a free and powerful tool developed by Google for organizing your schedule and sharing calendars with others. You can easily create and track daily events, as well as receive notifications about scheduled events using Google Calendar. It also provides a slew of other functionalities, like the ability to coordinate events with others, organize daily tasks, set reminders, and much more. Furthermore, you can access your calendar from any computer or mobile device as long as you’re signed in to your Google account.
The popularity of Google Calendar is driven by its robust built-in features and ease of integration with other apps. As a result, it is gaining huge popularity among people all over the world.
Key Features of Google Calendar
Google Calendar has established itself as a leading professional Calendaring tool within a short time. Let’s explore some of the key features of Google Calendar:
- Easy Scheduling: By just clicking on a day in the calendar, you may easily schedule meetings and events. You may also choose to invite specific individuals to the meeting or event. The Google Calendar is user-friendly and versatile.
- Easy Integration: It is easy to integrate Google Calendar with other applications. For example, Todoist and TickTick can be effortlessly integrated with your Google Calendar and can automatically schedule your key tasks.
- Share your Calendar: You may share your Google Calendar with others, which can be useful in many scenarios. For example, you can share your calendar with a team member so that they can assist you with scheduling appointments or organizing your travel plans.
- Customizations: You can view calendar data by day, week, or month in Google Calendar. You may also customize the calendar view to show as many days in a single view as you want.
To know more about Google Calendar, visit this link.
Simplify Data Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from Asana and 100+ other data sources (including 40+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Asana Google Calendar Integration
Now that you have a basic grasp of both technologies let’s try to understand the procedure to set up Asana Google Calendar Integration. Below are the steps you can follow to set up Asana Google Calendar Integration:
- Step 1: Log in to your Asana Account and Copy the API Link
- Step 2: Log in to your Google Calendar and Paste the Previously Copied API Link
Step 1: Log in to your Asana Account and Copy the API Link
The first step in setting up Asana Google Calendar Integration is to log in to your Asana account. In case, you don’t have an account, you can sign up for an Asana account as shown below.
Now, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures to get the API link.
- Select the project that you want to sync from the Sidebar menu as shown below.
- Click the dropdown arrow in the project header to access the project actions menu as shown below.
- Select Sync to calendar by hovering over the Export option as shown below.
- Now, from the Sync to calendar popup window, copy the API link provided in the Google Calendar tab as shown below.
Step 2: Log in to your Google Calendar and Paste the Previously Copied API Link
Once you have copied the API link from Asana, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures to complete the setting up of Asana Google Calendar Integration.
- Log in to your Google Calendar as shown below.
- Next to Add a coworker’s calendar, click the + button and select From URL as shown below.
- Paste the link you copied in step 1 into the URL field and then click ADD CALENDAR as shown below.
With this, you have successfully set up your Asana Google Calendar Integration. It’s as simple as that.
Key Benefits of Setting Up Asana Google Calendar Integration
Some of the key benefits of setting up Asana Google Calendar Integration include:
- Asana Google Calendar Integration saves time by eliminating the need to enter data into two different platforms. The data is updated in one system, which is then reflected in another automatically.
- Asana Google Calendar Integration improves team collaboration and makes it easy to schedule meetings for all types of events. You can effortlessly overlay all of your meetings and appointments to ensure that you stay on schedule.
- Asana Google Calendar Integration allows team members to plan the actions more efficiently. Excellent deliverability can be achieved by planning and completing tasks on time.
In this article, you learned how to set up Asana Google Calendar Integration and sync data between the two platforms. It also gave an overview of Asana and Google Calendar with their key features. You also learned about the key benefits of setting up Asana Google Calendar Integration. You may now build your own Asana Google Calendar Integration to keep track of your events and make the most out of this Integration.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from Asana, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Asana Google Calendar Integration in the comments section below!