With multiple teams collaborating on a single project, it can be challenging to manage tasks across the teams and meet deadlines. Hence, it becomes essential to have a Project Management Solution that can help in managing the work in an efficient and reliable manner. Asana is one such tool that is widely used to drive projects, achieve team objectives and synchronize different tasks. Sometimes working on a high-impact project might require you to store many files; Google Drive is one of the most popular Cloud Storage solutions used to store data without any hassle. With two of these needs coinciding, an Asana Google Drive Integration makes sense.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a holistic understanding of Asana and Google Drive along with the salient features that they offer. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up Asana Google Drive Integration in a seamless manner! Read along to learn more about Asana Google Drive Integration.
- An active Asana account.
- An active Google Drive account.
Introduction to Asana
Asana is one of the most extensively used Project Management Tools that teams leverage to manage workflows and collaborate on complex projects. Using Asana, teams can Create Projects, Assign work to Colleagues, Set Deadlines, and have Real-Time Communication related to tasks/projects. In addition to managing projects, it also includes additional functions such as Reporting tools, Attachments, Calendars, etc.
Asana is positioned as a tool that allows you to replace the huge number of cluttered emails, spreadsheets, and sticky notes on your desktop with a much more holistic one-stop solution that has everything you need in one place. In addition, Asana can be used to keep track of day-to-day work as well as track overall goals and project progress. With this method of project planning, potential risks and bottlenecks can be identified at an early stage and an optimal workflow can be implemented.
Key Features of Asana
There are multiple features that Asana offers to simplify the Work Management process. Some of them are listed below:
- Unique Views: Asana is one of the best platforms for viewing all the projects at once and prioritizing them according to the business requirements. Its Unique View feature gives the users a prioritization list with push notifications that sets it apart from its competitors.
- Secure Storage: Asana understands that business projects and conversations are confidential and adheres to the highest security standards to protect them. At the same time, it can be seamlessly integrated into and cooperated with a wide range of third-party services and applications.
- Customizable Dashboards: Asana offers fully Customizable Dashboards that show the status of each participant and track the progress of each task separately. In addition, the Dashboard can also be used to keep track of Leads, Customer Queries, and Applications.
- Real-Time Communication: Asana enables users to post queries about specific tasks or activities directly, so team members can communicate in real time and respond quickly to resolve the issue. It also supports features like Team Pages to make team communication easier.
- Seamless Integrations: Asana offers integrations with several popular tools like Slack, Gmail, Google Drive, etc, which further simplifies Work Management. You will learn about one such integration(Asana Google Drive Integration) in the later section of this article.
- Visual Project Mapping: With Asana, you can use visual themes to plan and organize your projects so you can easily monitor how everything evolves over time.
For further information on Asana, click here to check out their official website.
Introduction to Google Drive
Google Drive is a Cloud Storage Solution that allows you to save files online and access them from any smartphone, tablet, or computer with an internet connection. There are several benefits of using a Cloud Storage Service like Google Drive, such as easier file sharing and a remote location to back up your files, but compared to competitors like DropBox and Apple’s iCloud service, Google Drive’s popularity has been built on helpful collaboration tools and built-in integrations with the product – and service suite from Google.
You can also integrate Google Drive with other Google products to create Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, and more with free Web-Based tools. Google Drive is an accessible service that helps people organize and share files personally and professionally.
Businesses use Google Drive for its easy-to-use interface, reliability, and security that is provided at an affordable price. It also integrates with Asana and an Asana Google Drive Integration helps you manage your workflow with other teams and members effortlessly.
Key Features of Google Drive
Some of the Key Features of Google Drive are as follows:
- Save Gmail Attachments: This is one of the most widely used features offered by Google Drive that allows you to save attachments from an email. When you receive an email from someone with pictures or attachments, it’s easy to save them to Drive. Just click the Attachment icon after you save it, and you can move it to any folder on the Drive while using Gmail.
- Offline mode: You can work offline even if you don’t have an internet connection after activating Offline mode.
- Easy to Use Interface: Once you log in to your Google Drive account, you get your latest documents on the top of the page, including a list of all your folders and easy navigation on the left that lets you view all the documents shared out of your personal drive.
- Sharing and Customization: Every file or folder in Google Drive has its own Share Link and you can also give the permissions to other users to customize the file.
- SSL Encryption: According to Google, Google Drive is also secured with the same SSL Encryption that is used in Gmail and other Google Services.
For further information on Google Drive, click here to check out their official website.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources like Asana and Google Drive and loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up Asana Google Drive Integration
Now that you have a basic understanding of Asana and Google Drive, you are all set to learn how to integrate Google Drive Files and your Asana tasks. The process of setting up Asana Google Drive Integration primarily involves two steps:
Step 1: Create a New Task
The first step involved in setting up Asana Google Drive Integration requires creating a new Asana task. To create a new Asana task, you can follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your Asana account.
- Once you have logged in to your Asana account, navigate to the left panel where you will see a list of options. Select My Tasks.
- Click on the List tab located at the top of My Tasks Page.
- Click on the button + Add Task to create a new task.
- While creating a new Asana task, you can fill certain fields like Task Assignee, Due Date for the Project, etc. You can also add a description of the task that you have created.
- Now that the task is created, the first phase of the Asana Google Drive Integration is completed.
Step 2: Integrate Google Drive Files with Asana
The second phase of the Asana Google Drive Integration involves integrating the files from Google Drive with Asana tasks. Follow the steps given below to implement the second phase of Asana Google Drive Integration:
- Navigate to the top of your Task Pane and click on Attachments.
- Once you click on the Attachment option, you will see a list of sources to select the file from. Click on Google Drive.
- Select a file of your choice from My Drive or your Team’s Drive.
- Once you have selected the file and followed all instructions in the correct sequence, your Google Drive files will be synced to Asana.
This article provided a brief introduction of Asana and Google Drive and also explained their key features. Moreover, it discussed the steps using which you can easily set up Asana Google Drive Integration. Integration of these two tools has the potential to maximize the output of any team working on a project.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline and has awesome 100+ pre-built integrations that you can choose from. Hevo can help you integrate data from numerous sources such as Asana and Google Drive and load it into a destination to analyze real-time data with a BI tool and create your Dashboards. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Asana Google Drive Integration. Tell us in the comments below!