Maintaining clean and consistent data is important to keep running business smoothly. Duplicate records tamper the overall consistency and take up useless space in the Database. Removing duplicates is a continuous process that includes cleaning bad data, enhancing records, backing up data, and more. Salesforce is a widely used CRM platform that manages huge volumes of data related to multiple business activities.
Duplicate Record sets in Salesforce make it difficult for users to work with inconsistent data. Imagine telling a customer that you didn’t receive their message or order just to realize that you were looking for a wrong record the whole time. Fortunately, Salesforce comes with a duplicate management system. Users can find and set rules for duplicate report Salesforce records.
In this article, you will learn about a few main features of Salesforce and setting up duplicate and matching rules for your duplicate report salesforce records. You will also go through the steps to create duplicate reports for Salesforce for records so that you can easily manage duplicate record sets.
Table of Contents
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based CRM platform that allows organizations to integrate and orchestrate all their workflows in one place. It focuses on optimizing business operations such as Sales, Marketing, Communication, Finance, and others. Salesforce acts as a centralized platform for tracking, monitoring, and managing your business data and helps in automating the workflows. The motive of Salesforce is to bring the company and their customer closer.
With the help of Salesforce, companies can get a holistic view of their Marketing, E-Commerce, Sales, and all other data related to customers. Salesforce allows users to keep track of contacts, generate reports, and manage E-Commerce businesses for social engagement. It comes with several modules to serve each department of an organization including Sales, Marketing, Commerce, Finance, etc. to boost employee productivity.
Key Features of Salesforce
Some of the main features of Salesforce are listed below:
- Analytics and Forecasting: Salesforce generates and stores huge volumes of valuable data that companies can use for analysis. Salesforce comes with in-built analytics tools that help companies to make sales forecast and generate shareable reports with ease.
- Salesforce Einstein: Salesforce offers Einstein Analytics which is an assistant. It uses advanced Machine Learning models to deliver Business Analytics, make Sales predictions, generates reports, and much more.
- Customizable Dashboards: Salesforce allows users to create customizable dashboards to organize their workflow as per their convenience.
- Automation: Salesforce automates repetitive tasks like creating alerts, sending E-Mails, segmenting contact lists, and assigning tasks. This allows users to spend more time on strategies, interacting with customers, and focusing on other business activities.
- Simple Setup: Salesforce offers a user-friendly interface that is easy to set up that can take a few days to a week for a complete setup.
To learn more about Salesforce, click here.
Hevo Data, an Automated No Code Data Pipeline can help you automate, simplify & enrich your data replication process in a few clicks. With Hevo’s wide variety of connectors and blazing-fast Data Pipelines, you can extract & load data from 100+ Data Sources such as Salesforce CRM, Pardot, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud straight into your Data Warehouse or any Databases.
To further streamline and prepare your data for analysis, you can process and enrich raw granular data using Hevo’s robust & built-in Transformation Layer without writing a single line of code!
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable data replication platform that will save your engineering bandwidth and time multifold. Try our 14-day full access free trial today to experience an entirely automated hassle-free Data Replication!
Understanding Duplicate Record Sets in Salesforce
Duplicate Record Sets are created in Salesforce when two or more records are identified as duplicates. This event triggers when Duplicate Rules or Duplicate Job runs. A Duplicate Record Set contains one duplicate record item for every duplicate account or contact found by the Matching Rule.
Duplicate Report Salesforce Records can be managed by searching for the tab in App Launcher. Duplicate Record Sets are useful to view a list of duplicate report Salesforce records and see which Duplicate rule triggered the match. Here, you can compare and merge records.
Setting Up a Duplicate Rule
Every standard duplicate rule has a corresponding matching rule that determines how records will be identified as duplicates. The steps to set up a Duplicate Rule are listed below:
- Open Salesforce, and search for Duplicate Rules on the left menu.
- Here, click on the New Rule option or edit an existing one. For editing a rule, you have to deactivate it.
- Name the rule as per your choice and simplicity.
- Next, if you want you can bypass the sharing rules. If you want to match on all records then change Record-Level Security to Bypass Sharing rules.
- Now, choose what should happen on create or edit. You can choose the Block option if you want to prevent duplicates.
- Else you can choose to get an Alert or Report the duplicate and provide an Alert message.
- Next, choose the matching rules.
- Then, you have to specify the conditions, if applicable. Here, you can filter out any automated process.
- Then click on the Save and Activate button.
Finding Duplicates Using Duplicate Jobs
In this section, you will learn how to find duplicates across your Salesforce data using duplicate jobs with standard or custom matching rules. This will scan your Salesforce business or person accounts, leads, or contacts for duplicates. The following steps are listed below:
- In setup, go to the Quick Find box, and here, search for Duplicate Jobs.
- Then, click on the New Job button located at the top right corner.
- Now, you need to select an object. For this, you can either select an existing one or create a new one.
- Only matching rules for the object will be available that you will select. You can also edit the default job name.
- Next, click on the Run button.
- Note, that you can’t delete or edit the name or description of the job once it is created.
- The job summary page will show the status of jobs, and you will be notified on your E-Mail once the job is finished.
- If you want to rerun the job, you can click on the New Job option and then select the same object and matching rule.
- To view and merge the duplicates, you need to open a job summary page and then open a record set.
- Here, click on the Related tab and select the Compare and Merge action.
- For this, you need to give access to users to duplicate record sets in Lightning Experience.
- You can share the results of a job by running a report on the duplicate record set generated by the job.
Your plan to migrate data from Salesforce into a Data Warehouse without the right set of tools can turn quite difficult. Hevo’s automated platform empowers you with everything you need to have for a smooth Salesforce ETL. Here are a bunch of impressive features you won’t ignore:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: Hevo requires no management and maintenance as it is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: Hevo provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Faster Insight Generation: Hevo offers near real-time data replication so you have access to real-time insight generation and faster decision making.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (with 40+ free sources) like Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Pardot, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Steps to Create Duplicate Report Salesforce
You can use Duplicate Report Salesforce records to fine-tune your matching and duplicate rules and also share the results of duplicate jobs. A Duplicate Report Salesforce records mainly consist of the following records listed below:
- The duplicate is created when a duplicate rule alerts a user of a possible duplicate but the user creates the duplicate anyway.
- Records that are manually added to a duplicate record set.
- Records in duplicate record sets generated by duplicate jobs.
To create a duplicate report Salesforce records follow the steps given below:
- In setup, go to the Quick Find box, and here, search for Report Types.
- Here create a report type by selecting the Account, Contact, Lead, or Duplicate Record Set as the primary object.
- If you are using a person account then distinguish them from business accounts by adding the Is Person Account field in the field layout properties of your report type.
- Then click on the Next button.
- Now to create a duplicate report Salesforce of records, relate the Duplicate Records Items option to the primary object that you have selected. Then, save the report type.
- Finally, give your users access to the Duplicate Record Set and Duplicate Record Items objects. Then they can create duplicate report Salesforce based on the custom record type that you have created.
In this article, you learned about Duplicate Record Sets, Duplicate Report Salesforce, and how duplicate records create data inconsistency and difficulty in managing the workflow. You also went through steps to find duplicates using duplicate jobs and create Duplicate Report Salesforce for records.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Salesforce stores valuable data from multiple data sources that need to be analyzed with other business data. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice such as a Data warehouse and Databases. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ data sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand.
Share your experience of learning about Duplicate Report Salesforce in the comments section below!
No-code Data Pipeline For your Data Warehouse