Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration: 3 Easy Steps
Integrating Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Sharepoint allows you to seamlessly store and share crucial business documents. With the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration in place, you no longer need to worry about storage space and effective document management. Sharepoint houses immense storage capabilities and empowers your Dynamics 365 CRM by effortless storing your client data and boosting productivity!
Table of Contents
This article will walk you through the 3-step process of setting up Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration. You’ll also learn about the advantages of integrating Amazon with WooCommerce in later sections.
Table of Contents
- What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
- What is Microsoft Sharepoint?
- How to Set up Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration?
- Key Benefits of Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration
- An active Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft Sharepoint Account.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a business program that includes ERP and CRM features. It is intended to give users more flexibility and help them transform every business operation into a competitive advantage. It includes over a dozen tools and services to meet the demands of any organisation and boost productivity. The nice part about Microsoft Dynamics 365 is that it offers many tools as individual packages, such as ERP, CRM, Sales, and so on, and users can subscribe to the packages that their firm requires.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an integrated platform that allows you to manage all of your business activities in one location, from Marketing and Sales to Finance and Supply Chain. It assists in enabling and optimising any business’s fundamental procedures.
Key Features of Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides business solutions for a variety of corporate processes, including Finance and Operations, Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, and Commerce, among others. A few more noteworthy features of Microsoft Dynamics 365 are listed below:
- Building No-Code Apps: With Microsoft Dynamics 365, customers may create apps that meet their specific needs. With the point-and-click capability, it is simple to create apps without coding.
- Sales Insights: Microsoft Dynamics 365’s intelligent technology processes CRM data and identifies patterns and opportunities in order to deliver the best possible help. It also analyses your daily communications and actions in order to guide and prioritise your daily duties.
- Analytics and Visualization: Microsoft Dynamics 365 interacts with Power BI to give you powerful visualisation tools and analytics to help you deliver superior insights. It also aids each department in gaining a better understanding of the company’s operations.
What is Microsoft Sharepoint?
Microsoft’s SharePoint is a document collaboration and management software. Companies use it to make the best possible use of their archives, papers, reports, and other critical content that impacts their business processes. The SharePoint platform was created with the needs of businesses in mind. It may, however, be used by businesses of all sizes to work with their data.
SharePoint is used by businesses to create websites. This tool includes features like Notifications and Approvals, as well as Lists and Libraries, to help users be more productive. SharePoint enhances content sharing and collaboration on a company’s intranet. Users develop Websites and portals that engage customers by sharing their message, resources, and news across the firm. By sharing applications that can simply set up numerous procedures and develop communities of interest, this technology promotes organisational productivity.
Key Features of Microsoft Sharepoint
- Quick Navigation: Users can put landmarks on pages to make navigation easier, and use a variety of keyboard shortcuts to speed up the process of documenting activities. Users can further rapidly access information about their documents, including permissions and metadata, using modern SharePoint Libraries.
- Security: SharePoint allows users to customise security settings at each checkpoint based on their needs. You can also set up policies for archiving and auditing, as well as the actions that must be followed when business data expire. This aids the organization’s compliance efforts while also allowing it to properly regulate and manage essential information operations.
- Social Connections: It includes features such as Social Networking, a News Feed, and Tagging, as well as the ability to search, locate, and connect with people based on their skills, organisational positions, and relationships.
Simplify Microsoft Dynamics ETL and Data Integration using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Microsoft Dynamics and 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Data Sources) and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get started with hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
How to Set up Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration?
Here are the simple steps to get started with Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration
- Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration Step 1: Configuring Settings in Dynamics 365
- Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration Step 2: Configuring Server-Based Sharepoint Integration
- Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration Step 3: Document Management Configuration
Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration Step 1: Configuring Settings in Dynamics 365
- Go to Advanced Settings from the Settings menu (a cogwheel icon on the upper right). If you still can’t find it, make sure you’re logged in as an administrator.
- Select System and then Document Management from the drop-down menu in Settings.
Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration Step 2: Configuring Server-Based Sharepoint Integration
- Here, you need to select “Configure SharePoint Integration on the Server“.
- Indicate whether your SharePoint instance is Online or On-Premises in the wizard that appears. Both can be accessed through the SharePoint integration. It can also connect with numerous SharePoint websites, but they must all be Online or On-premises to work.
- If you selected Online in the previous step, you must now enter the URL of the SharePoint website you wish to utilise.
- When you’re on the SharePoint website’s main page, simply copy the URL, and the wizard will validate it when you click on Next.
Once the validation is successful, click the Finish button to complete the process of enabling your Server-Based SharePoint Integration.
Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration Step 3: Document Management Configuration
- Now, return to your Document Management panel and select which SharePoint folders entities should be enabled.
- Check the entities against which you plan to save documents in the pop-up window and then click on Next.
- Make your choice and then click Next. You may have to wait a little longer at this point as the document libraries get built. Once you’ve completed that, click Finish.
- The Integration is now operational. You’ll now see a document option under the entities you enabled in Dynamics 365. The document that we prepared for an account may be seen in the screenshot below. It’s worth noting that it’s stored on SharePoint.
Key Benefits of Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration
There are various advantages to hiring the proper consultants to assist you with integrating SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM for your company.
- Improved Security: There is no need for a licence with non-CRM clients as the default authorization grants them access to client data. The admin’s authorization secures access to specific documents, which is supported by particular SharePoint perks.
- Client Reach: SharePoint enables enterprises to communicate with a larger portion of their audience by allowing employees to collaborate on an engaging and focused pitch that includes relevant data that prompts the potential client.
- Document Management: When SharePoint is connected with Dynamics 365, marking locations in your CRM with specific URLs becomes even more efficient. You can manage your documents using cutting-edge capabilities such as version control, check-in/out, powerful storage tools, and the creation of cutting-edge document survey and approval work processes.
- Modifications: SharePoint integration enables incredible customizations across several portals to appeal to clients in a variety of ways. The client receives the out-of-box tailored material, including item-related data and relevant enquiries, within the specified timeframe.
This article provided you with a step-by-step guide to help you connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 to Sharepoint with ease. It also provided you with an in-depth understanding of both platforms, along with a detailed list of features these platforms have in store for you.
You might wish to take your business growth a step further after setting up Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration by employing Data Analytics techniques. This will necessitate the deployment of different complex ETL techniques to transfer data from Microsoft Dynamics 365 to a Data Warehouse.
Extracting complex data from Microsoft Dynamics 365 and numerous other platforms can be challenging & require immense engineering bandwidth, and this is where Hevo saves the day!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ Data Sources for Analysis such as Microsoft Dynamics 365. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouses/Databases, or a destination of your choice. It helps transfer data to a destination of your choice for free.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand! Check out the details about Hevo’s pricing here.
Share your understanding of the Dynamics 365 Sharepoint Integration in the comments below!