Developing a new website is a difficult task. You want to create something your clients will adore, but you don’t want the setup to take months or be so complicated that every change requires a coder/developer. This is where Firebase WordPress Integration comes into play.
Firebase is a popular open-source tool for those who want to create websites and blogs, but have minimum-to-no coding experience. Its features, ease of use, and integration capabilities are the reason behind the wide adoption of WordPress Firebase integration. The article will provide you with a comprehensive guide on manually setting up Firebase WordPress integration.
Moreover, it will also provide you with the advantages and disadvantages of using Firebase WordPress Integration for your website. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Listed below are the prerequisites of setting up Firebase WordPress Integration:
- A WordPress account with administrator privileges.
- A Firebase PRO account.
- A fully-functional website developed using WordPress.
- Download the free Firebase WordPress Integration Plugin using the following link.
Introduction to Firebase
Firebase, in simple terms, is a Cloud-based Development platform. It is best known for its real-time Database. It is a Multi-Node, Key-Value Database specialized for syncing data between your system and centralized Cloud Storage. It makes it easier by automating all your database-related operations such as Push, Pull, etc.
Firebase allows you to concentrate on creating amazing user experiences. With Firebase, you are not required to manage any servers, develop APIs (Application Programming Interface). Firebase is not only your Database but a Server and an API, all designed in a way that allows you to customize as per your requirements.
Key Features of Firebase
Some of the key features of Firebase are listed below:
- Real-Time Database: With Firebase, you can update your data in real-time. As soon as fresh data is available, Firebase provides it to you. When your client saves a modification to the data, the revised data is instantly forwarded to all linked clients.
- Security: Firebase is very particular about the security of the data and has a built-in E-Mail and Password authentication system. It follows OAuth protocols in its authentication system. Moreover, it also integrates with your Google, Facebook, Twitter, and GitHub accounts via OAuth2.
- In-Built Analysis: The analytics dashboard is one of the nicest tools that Firebase has to offer. It’s completely free and can report on 500 different event kinds, each with 25 different properties. For watching user activity and measuring various user parameters, the dashboard is excellent. Finally, it assists us in better understanding how users use our software so that we can improve it in the future.
For more information on Firebase, click here.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress, to put it simply, is a Web Publishing Software by Automattic that you can use to make your website or blog. It has been one of the most popular digital publishing systems since its inception in 2003. WordPress is a perfect tool for everyone, including people with minimum-to-no coding experience, and allows them to create and administer their full-featured website.
According to statistics provided by WordPress and Netcraft, WordPress currently powers more than 35% of the internet, including anything from personal blogs to some of the most popular websites on the internet such as Trello, WooCommerce, etc. Moreover, WordPress claims that there are over 70 million posts each month, over 2,333,333 new posts every day, and over 97,222 new posts per hour. Given the average length of a post, WordPress produces over 50,000 words per minute.
Key Features of WordPress
Some of the key features of WordPress are listed below:
- Flexible: WordPress is a flexible platform. It is capable of running any kind of website including a simple company site, a blog, a professional corporate site, a portfolio site, a wedding site, and even an E-Commerce store.
- Seamlessly Integrate Plugins: One of the most prominent features of WordPress is its extensibility to seamlessly add Plugins. They allow you to customize your WordPress experience as per your business requirements. Consider Plugins to be the “apps” on your website.
- Open Source: WordPress is free and open-source software. It’s a global community initiative involving 1000s of volunteers from all around the world. Everyone is welcome to take part and is allowed to contribute to the growth of WordPress by building on it.
For more information on WordPress, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including free data sources like Firebase, etc.) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and your data volume grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Firebase WordPress Integration
Now, that you have a basic understanding of WordPress and Firebase, let’s get started with setting up Firebase WordPress Integration. You will be using a free Firebase WordPress Integration Plugin. Follow the steps below to seamlessly set up Firebase WordPress Integration:
Step 1: Upload the free Firebase WordPress Integration Plugin
Follow the steps below to upload the free Firebase WordPress Integration Plugin:
- Log in to your WordPress account and go to the dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click on the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Click on the “Choose file” button and then upload the Firebase WordPress Integration Plugin that you downloaded as a prerequisite.
NOTE: You can also search for a Firebase Plugin on the search bar as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Install Now” button.
Step 2: Activate the Plugin
Once the Plugin has been installed, you will be redirected to a new window. There you will see an “Activate Plugin” button, click on the button and wait for a couple of minutes.
This will activate the Firebase WordPress Integration Plugin and will add a Firebase section on the dashboard.
Step 3: Update your Firebase Credentials
Follow the steps below to update your Firebase credentials on the WordPress dashboard:
- Log in to your Firebase console.
- Go to Project Overview > Project Settings.
- Add a new Firebase Web App by clicking on the “Add App” button. This will provide you with the Firebase configurations.
- Go back to your WordPress dashboard > Firebase > General.
- Copy-paste the required information from the Firebase configuration file.
- Click on the “Save” button as shown in the image below.
That’s it! You have successfully set up Firebase WordPress Integration.
Advantages of Firebase WordPress Integration
Listed below are some of the major advantages of Firebase WordPress Integration:
- With Firebase WordPress Integration, you can extract data in real-time and even use it for Business Intelligence purposes.
- You can also seamlessly synchronize your Firebase users to WordPress using Firebase WordPress Integration. Thereafter, you can use the Firebase User Management feature to handle all your users from one place.
- Firebase WordPress Integration also allows you to use Content Management System for mobile applications.
Disadvantages of Firebase WordPress Integration
Listed below are some of the major disadvantages of Firebase WordPress Integration:
- Your data is stored on servers that you do not control, and you cannot export your user information like E-Mails, etc. User accounts can’t be recovered, and you can’t export password-protected user accounts.
- Due to Firebase’s data stream nature, queries are limited. The number of queries that may be run against the Firebase Database is restricted. Several query choices can’t be combined using Firebase WordPress Integration.
- You can’t accomplish data migration as simply with Firebase WordPress Integration as you can with a normal SQL Database. Because Firebase uses JSON and has few SQL capabilities, you won’t be able to quickly move from your old database.
This article introduced you to Firebase and WordPress. It further elaborated on the fact that how both these are tools are highly significant for any website or web application. It also provided you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up Firebase WordPress Integration. Furthermore, the article also provided you with the major advantages and disadvantages of using Firebase WordPress Integration.
With the complexity involved in Manual Integration, businesses are leaning toward Automated Integration. It is hassle-free, easy to operate, and does not require any technical background. In such a case you can explore more of Hevo Data. Hevo Data supports 100+ data sources (including free data sources like Firebase, etc.).
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up Firebase WordPress Integration in the comments section below!