Today, about 96% of American internet users have made a purchase online. With the rapid digitization rates over the world, eCommerce becoming is growing at an unprecedented rate. For businesses, it is a lucrative platform to meet and engage with new clients, boosting sales.
A quick google keyword search of eCommerce platforms will reveal several websites, all available to users. While this is not necessarily bad, it makes selecting a useful platform particularly complicated for merchants. This is because all of these websites have their intricate merits and demerits. Not to worry, there is a way you can utilize all these functionalities at once; integration. With this in mind, this post will dive into the nuts and bolts of establishing Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration. By the end, you should have a rough idea of just what these two tools are and what benefits you stand to gain by using them in tandem. Take a read below!
Table of Contents
What is Klaviyo?
When it comes to email marketing, Klaviyo offers unmatched functionality. So much so that it assisted brands in bringing in more than $3.7 billion in revenue in 2020. How does it do this? The platform makes it easy for businesses to establish deeper and more meaningful relationships with their clients. This is the fundamental reason why an average of 67 brands migrates to the platform daily.
With all that, we have still not sufficiently answered the question: What is Klaviyo? And How is it beneficial to your business? Simply put, Klaviyo is a powerful marketing platform that enables merchants to develop a personalized experience with their clients. Below are some of the top features of the platform:
Key features of Klaviyo
- One-Click Integrations: Magento’s (Adobe Commerce) developers have gone out of their way to ensure that integrations with Klaviyo are straightforward. You do not need any technical expertise to integrate different tools with Klaviyo, as you can do this with the click of a button.
- Email Marketing Analytics: With Klaviyo, you can track your email marketing performance in real-time.
- Segmented Email Marketing: Forget about random email marketing. With Klaviyo, you can target customers based on what they bought.
- Email Templated: The platform offers users a variety of customized email templates to choose from when reaching out to their clients.
What is Magento (Adobe Commerce)?
Magento (Adobe Commerce) is one of the oldest eCommerce platforms today, having been around since its initial launch way back in 2008. It accounts for a 3% market share in the eCommerce niche today. So what exactly is it? In simple terms, it is a tool designed using open source technology to help merchants with the look and functionality of their online stores. One of the best features of this software is that it contains a bundle of valuable functionalities, all packaged into one powerful software.
Released in 2015, Magento 2 was designed to solve the flaws inherent to Magento 1. These included security risks that left the site vulnerable to hackers, especially when users failed to install security patches. With Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce), clients get access to a variety of helpful features such as the ones listed below:
Key Features of Magento (Adobe Commerce)
- User-Friendly Interface: This is perhaps one of the most significant upgrades from Magento 1. The new UI is as intuitive as it is sleek. The navigation tools are simpler to use and access. One might argue that it is an entirely new system!
- New Security Measures: This might sound a bit inconvenient, but it is a necessary security measure implemented by Magento’s (Adobe Commerce) developers. How? Only one user can be logged in per admin account, and when a new user tries to log in, others are logged out. We will let you decide whether this is a good or bad security measure.
- Intuitive Back End Features: The back-end section has a touch-friendly navigation panel, which means users can easily access it on their tablets.
- Streamlined Common Admin Tasks: When it comes to improving speed and efficiency, then this is the best feature. How? You can automate commonly performed tasks in the admin user panel, a technique that will ultimately save you a lot of time.
For this process to be a success, you need to ensure several factors are in check, such as the ones outlined below:
- You need an existing Klaviyo account.
- You also need a functional Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce) account.
Now that you have these factors in check let’s get to the actual integration process. Read on.
Understanding the Importance of Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration
Before we get into the actual integration process, just why do you need to perform this procedure? You stand to gain several benefits and improved functionality. Below are some of the benefits you will gain by integrating the two software.
- Multi-Store Support: Arguably, this is one of the platform’s best features since it allows usage within different stores. Whether you have several regional stores, the integration allows for interoperability.
- Codeless Sign-up Forms: Once you perform the integration. You do not need to worry about coding expertise, especially when setting up Signup forms.
- Customized Coupons: With the integration, you can easily send optimized coupons to your customers.
- Personalized Recommendations: These pre-designed zero set-up recommendations are based on customer purchase history.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 150+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Data Sources such as Klaviyo and Magento) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms such as Klaviyo and Magento (Adobe Commerce), files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Understanding the Methods to Establish Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration
Now that you have all the prerequisite information at hand let’s get to the main focus of this post: Klaviyo Magento Integration. Currently, there are two options you can choose to go with:
By the end of this section, you will be familiar with both of these processes and decide which one best fits your needs. It is worth keeping in mind that both of these processes perform one task, albeit using different techniques, installing the Klaviyo extension. Take a read below:
Method 1: Installation with Composer 2.4+
For this process, you need to log into your Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce) server and navigate to the root directory of your application via the command-line tool. This is how you go about it:
Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration: Download the Latest Version of Klaviyo
The command shown below will download the latest version of the Klaviyo extension to your system. Run it via your command-line tool.
Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration: Enable Magento (Adobe Commerce) Extension
Once the download is completed, run the following command to enable the extension:
Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration: Enable Additional Modules
The next step is to enable any additional modules, which can be done using the command shown below:
Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration: Run a Static Content Deploy Command Tool
The final step in this section is to run a static content deploy command tool to ensure that CSS and JS are running smoothly in your Magento 2 store.
Now that you have installed this extension, feel free to skip the next step and head over to configuring the Klaviyo extension.
Method 2: Installation with Web Setup Wizard (2.3 and older)
This section will install the Klaviyo extension using the web setup wizard, which makes it a lot easier, especially for users who want to avoid the complications that come in hand with command-line processes.
Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration: Login to Your Klaviyo Account
Log into your Klaviyo account and note your public API key. It will be needed in the following steps.
Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration: Select Extension Manager in Web Setup Wizard
Head over to your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Store admin page and select ‘System.’ Then, click the Web Setup Wizard. Under this section, select the Extension Manager.
- Ensure you are signed in to Magento (Adobe Commerce) for the following steps.
- The next step is to locate the Klaviyo extension under the name klaviyo/magento2-extension.
- Under the Actions column, click the drop-down list and select install.
Klaviyo Magento 2 Integration: Configure the Klaviyo Extension
Once the installation is complete, navigate to your Magento (Adobe Commerce) store admin and click on ‘Stores’ then ‘Configuration settings.’
Click ‘General’ from the drop-down list that appears. Set ‘Enable Klaviyo Extension’ to ‘Yes’ and enter the six-digit Public Klaviyo API key.
Finally, under ‘Newsletter,’ select the Klaviyo list you want to sync to with Magento (Adobe Commerce) Sign up form and click ‘Save Config.’
That’s it, by following the steps outlined above, you have successfully integrated Klaviyo with Magento (Adobe Commerce). Now, you stand at a better chance of exploring the full functionality of the two software together. What’s more, with their full functionality at your disposal, you can take your eCommerce store to the next level and beat your competitors by attracting a more extensive client base.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources such as Klaviyo and Magento (Adobe Commerce) can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from 150+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Data Sources) such as Klaviyo and Magento (Adobe Commerce), other SaaS applications or Databases into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.