When carried out manually, sharing Accounting files and documents across departments in an organization is a tedious and time-consuming process. There are many applications available in the market that assist companies in sharing files with their employees. One such application is Qbox for Quickbooks, robust software that allows companies to seamlessly transfer files not only within their enterprise but also with clients.
This article will provide a comprehensive understanding of Qbox Quickbooks, and its features. The article will also give a walkthrough of how to set up a Qbox account, how to share files using Qbox, and integrate Quickbooks with Qbox.
Table of Contents
- Working knowledge of On-premise and SaaS software.
What is Quickbooks?
Quickbooks is one of the world’s most widely used Accounting and Finance applications offered by United States-based software firm Intuit. The company was founded by Scott Cook and Tom Proulx in 1983. Quickbooks comes with various tools and features that cater to every Accounting need of companies. It lets companies connect multiple bank accounts to automate the process of downloading and organizing past transactions. All the uploaded data gets stored on secure Cloud servers.
Companies of all sizes across the world use Quickbooks to meet their Accounting and Bookkeeping needs. The software is also suited for Indian Companies as it comes with out-of-the-box support for GST Accounting. Along with core accounting tasks, Quickbooks also provides features that help companies carry out other critical operations, including Payroll Management, Customer Information Management, and many others.
The software generates multiple insightful reports that enable organizations to track their business performance and make better strategic future plans. Quickbooks comes with a mobile application compatible with Android and iOS that exponentially increases the accessibility of the platform. Users can manage and track all of their expenses from any part of the world with their smartphone having a stable Internet connection.
The application comes with an easy-to-use interface that allows individuals with no knowledge of Accounting to use the software effortlessly. According to the company, Quickbooks has a user base of over 4 million organizations and individual business owners spread across the globe.
Key Features of Quickbooks
Quickbooks provides every feature that companies require to manage their Accounts and Finances effectively. The features are user-friendly and can be easily accessed. Below mentioned are a few notable Quickbooks features.
1) Better Invoice Raising
Users get to choose multiple pre-built invoice templates that Quickbooks offers to make the invoice raising process an effortless task. The templates are entirely customizable that allows companies to make changes in colour scheme, logo, and other related objects according to their branding.
While using Quickbooks, companies can attach their payment gateway links in invoices and send them to their clients over multiple channels like Emails and SMS. This additional but useful feature helps businesses to accelerate the payment collection process.
2) Better Expense Management
Quickbooks offers a unified dashboard that displays various critical information like total expense, total spending, budget, and many more in one place. This feature helps companies better analyze their performance. The Quickbooks smartphone application also provides a feature that lets users click pictures of receipts. The app automatically matches them with existing transactions that help companies save a lot of productive time and effort.
3) Better Payroll Management
Effective management of employees is crucial for any business to streamline and optimize its operations. Quickbooks offer this Payroll Management Feature that can be used to perform many tasks such as employee salary calculation, salary deductions, taxations, marking employee attendance, and many others. It is an add-on feature of Quickbooks, which means companies have to buy this feature at an additional cost apart from the base subscription.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications such as Quickbooks, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely Automated Data Pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and your data volume grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
What is Qbox?
Qbox is an extension of Quickbooks Desktop offered by software developing firm Coral Tree that lets companies store and share files with users at ease. Many companies prefer to use the offline variant of Quickbooks to meet their business needs. Hence, they require third-party software like Qbox to share files within their organization.
Qbox is a Cloud-based Application that allows remote users to access Quickbooks Desktop files from any part of the world. The Qbox Quickbooks application enables companies to take their Quickbooks Desktop online without having the need for hosting.
Companies can edit documents using Qbox, and the platform automatically syncs the changes to all shared users. This feature lets users seamlessly work on documents without creating any conflicting copies of the same document. Qbox supports various file formats, including DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, QBW, and TLG. Currently, Qbox is only available for the Windows Operating System.
Key Features of Qbox
Qbox is one of the leading File-sharing applications in the market that seamlessly integrates with Quickbooks Desktop. Hence, it provides various tools and features that help companies effortlessly share documents and attachments to remote users. Below mentioned are a few notable features of Qbox:
1) Qbox MU
Qbox MU is a feature provided by the application that lets users connect to local networks & access shared files and folders. The feature helps reduce required storage space and Internet bandwidth as it eliminates the need to set up separate folders. The feature is especially useful for multi-user applications like Quickbooks as it makes file sharing an easy task.
2) Qbox Web Dashboard
Qbox Web Dashboard allows users to perform various tasks like managing team members, adding folders, rolling backfiles, releasing locked files, and many more. Companies can also use this web dashboard to pay bills of Qbox. Users can access the Web Dashboard by signing in to their account on the Qbox website.
3) Qbox Explorer
Users can easily manage their shared files and folders from their desktop location using this Qbox Explorer feature. Using Qbox Explorer, companies can set various permissions and customization options for individual users.
Companies do not need to worry about the privacy of their files while using Qbox as it is a highly secure platform. Qbox provides 245-bits SSL Encryption to all the file links that are shared, which ensures maximum security of user data.
5) Read Only Option
This feature allows companies to set particular users to ‘Read Only’ mode for all the shared files. The users can then only view documents but can not make any changes to them. This feature can be accessed from the Qbox web dashboard. Users need to click on the Sharing button and check the R/O box.
How to use Qbox Quickbooks?
This section will provide a walkthrough of how to set up Qbox Quickbooks:
1) Account Set-up and File Sharing
To set up a new Qbox Quickbooks account, users need to:
- Visit the website of Qbox and click Sign Up.
- Enter your email address, name, and click on the Submit button.
- Open the email sent by Qbox and click on the password reset link.
- Create a password and click Submit.
- Then, visit the Qbox website again and click on accept the ‘End User License Agreement.’
- Enter company name and contact number.
- On the next screen, create and review the Root Folder (The folder where all the sync folders will be created).
- Create Sync folders and invite other users by entering their email addresses.
- Then, click on the Download button and install the Qbox Client Application.
- After installation, a login screen will appear. Enter the previously entered credentials.
- The Qbox Icon will appear on the screen once the setup is completed.
2) Copying Quickbooks Files to the Qbox Sync Folder
As Qbox supports QBW and TLG file formats, both these files have to be copied in the Qbox Sync folder. The following are the methods to copy files for Qbox Quickbooks:
Method 1: Qbox Quickbooks Manual Sync
- Create a backup of all Quickbooks files and save it in an external drive or network.
- Set Qbox Sync mode to Manual.
- Select QBW and TLG files and copy them.
- Open Qbox Explorer and select the Sync folder where the copied files need to be pasted.
- Paste the files and wait for the confirmation message.
- Change the Qbox Sync mode back to Auto to start the syncing process.
Method 2: Qbox Quickbooks Auto Sync
In case the Quickbooks account is already connected to other online services like Intuit Sync Manager, use the following method to copy Quickbooks files to the Qbox Sync folder.
- Create a backup of all the Quickbooks company files and save it.
- Set Qbox Sync mode to Manual.
- Start the restore process of the company files from the previously created backup file.
- A popup will appear to let users select a location to save the file. Visit the Qbox Directory and select the Sync Folder.
- Close the file once restored.
- The files will be visible in the Sync folder on the Qbox Explorer. If the files are not visible, then refresh the Qbox Explorer.
- Restore Qbox Sync mode to Auto.
How to Set up Quickbooks Attachments in Qbox?
If a company has been using attachments before setting up its Qbox account, then the attachments folder also has to be copied in Qbox. Below mentioned are the steps to copy the attachment folder to the Qbox Quickbooks sync folder.
- It is recommended to make a backup of the attached folder and save it on an external drive.
- Open Qbox Explorer Settings and uncheck the box ‘Hide Items not shared.’
- Now, right-click on the attachment folder and select ‘Share on Qbox’
- Check the ‘Hide Items not shared’ box.
- Then, visit Qbox Web Dashboard and locate the Sync folder in which the attachment folder has been added.
- Right-click on the attachment folder and select ‘Enable Attachments’
- In order to add attachments, users need to have admin permission. To provide admin permission, click on the Share button and check the Admin box.
- Now restart Qbox Client to sync the attachment folder to Qbox.
Understanding Qbox Pricing
Qbox Quickbooks is a budget-friendly application that provides both monthly and annual subscription plans. The platform is available in one variant that starts from $12 per month. Companies need to pay an extra amount of $12 per month to get the additional attach folder feature.
Qbox charges $5 per month to provide additional storage to companies. The company also provides a 30-day free trial to help organizations understand the functionalities of the platform before making a commitment.
Qbox Quickbooks is a convenient and helpful application that streamlines file sharing across organizations and clients. The easy setup process makes it one of the best available file-sharing tools for Quickbooks. The product has also been priced at a competitive rate, making it an ideal choice for companies.
With the complexity involved in Manual Integration for Qbox Quickbooks and various other applications, businesses are leaning towards Automated Integration. It is hassle-free, easy to operate, and does not require any technical background. In such a case Hevo Data is the right choice for you!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that assists you in effectively transferring data from a vast collection of 100+ sources like Quickbooks into a Data Warehouse, or a Destination of your choice to be visualized in a BI Tool for free. It is a secure, reliable, and fully automated service that doesn’t require you to write any code!
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Qbox Quickbooks in the comments section below!