Do you want to take your financial consulting business to the next level, gain client trust and credibility, and connect with a large pool of future clients? These and other advantages come with being a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor. The best aspect is that you can grow your business for free by devoting a few hours of your time to it. Your ProAdvisor Certification displays your profound understanding of QuickBooks.
In this article, you will understand and explore the key features of QuickBooks. You will also learn more about how to become a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor and why is it important in the industry. Moreover, you will understand the steps to becoming a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor. At the end of this article, you will explore some of the perks QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification offers.
Table of Contents
Introduction to QuickBooks
QuickBooks an all-in-one software is a secure, Cloud-based solution that gives you access to your accounts from anywhere, at any time. You can keep track of invoices and payments while on the road, as well as manage your general financial responsibilities, such as payroll and taxes.
In addition, you can keep track of all of your assets in one place, generate a cash flow forecast, and determine if projects are profitable and on time.
QuickBooks was developed by Intuit, a California-based company, to help automate typical tasks and save time on bookkeeping and paperwork. Many small companies across the world rely on QuickBooks to keep track of their finances. It can be easily customized to fit one’s own needs and tastes, making it applicable to a wide range of businesses.
Key Features of QuickBooks
The QuickBooks product line contains a variety of solutions that may be used by anybody, from a freelancer to a small business. Several key features contribute to its appeal among small businesses, such as:
- Accounting Reports: Keeping track of your business’s progress is a lot easier with QuickBooks Custom Reports. It gathers all of your information in one place and makes it accessible whenever you need it. The Accountant will review and verify all transactional information and bank statements, making the tax filing process straightforward and accurate.
- Multiple Users Access: You can grant several levels of access to QuickBooks Online to your employees. This makes it easier for your company’s various teams to work together.
- Payments and Cash Flow Management: You can be paid faster by delivering an invoice or statement to your customer and allowing them to pay you with a credit card or a bank transfer using the QuickBooks Online Payment System. You can also pay your bills online and download your monthly statement from a participating bank for added convenience.
- Online Banking: When you link your bank account to QuickBooks Online, your bank transactions are instantly uploaded and categorized. QuickBooks takes care of everything, so you won’t have to worry about manual data problems.
- Support: QuickBooks Professionals answer all of your queries and provide you with unlimited free assistance. To help you become a QuickBooks expert, QuickBooks offers seminars, videos, an online community, and other resources.
To explore more about QuickBooks, visit the homepage here.
Introduction to QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
QuickBooks by Intuit is not only a Tax Preparation Software but also provides a comprehensive set of Accounting and financial tools for enterprises. Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Inventory Management are just a few of the services it offers.
While the QuickBooks suite is a brilliant option for any small business but determining which products are suitable for you can be difficult. As a result, Intuit established the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program, which allows Accounting (and certain non-Accounting) professionals to become a QuickBooks certified after completing QuickBooks coursework and passing the test. Applicants must pass the QuickBooks certification exam with an 80 % or above for each certification. All of the training tools, including self-guided modules, webinars, and live course alternatives, are absolutely free to become a QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor.
QuickBooks offers certifications in several areas of specialization:
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Online Advanced
- QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- QuickBooks Online Payroll
Advanced certifications are also available for people who wish to have a deeper understanding of QuickBooks. The advanced training sessions are led by Intuit QuickBooks specialists, after which you must pass an extra exam. Your advanced QuickBooks certified degree boosts your reputation, improves your familiarity with QuickBooks systems, and allows you to better serve your clients and expand your firm.
Requirements for Becoming a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
1) Sign Up for QuickBooks Online Accountant
You’ll get a free QuickBooks Online Accountant subscription when you sign up, which you may use for your own bookkeeping as well as accessing your clients’ QuickBooks Online accounts. From within QuickBooks Online Accountant, you can manage your ProAdvisor account and certification.
To create a free QuickBooks Online Accountant account, the first step is to supply some basic information. You’ll be prompted to provide the following information:
- Contact information via email (user ID)
- First and last name
- Name of the last name
- Number to call
You’ll need to use the same password if you’ve previously used your email account for any Intuit product, such as QuickBooks or TurboTax. You’ll be prompted to establish a new password if you’ve never used an Intuit product before. There is no need to provide a credit card number or any other sensitive information.
2) Prepare for QuickBooks Online ProAdviser Certification Exam
You receive free access to all study materials, webinars (live and recorded), and examinations after you create your QuickBooks Online Accountant account. To pass this exam, you must prepare as you would for any other. To begin the training, go to the ProAdvisor link in your QuickBooks Online Accountant screen’s left menu bar and select the Training tab. Courses for all QuickBooks products are available here to help you prepare for certification tests. If you’re new to QuickBooks, the Introduction to QuickBooks Online for Accountants course is a terrific place to start.
3) Take up the Certification Exam
As illustrated in the screenshot above, you may access the QuickBooks certification examinations by clicking “Take exam” in the upper-right corner of the QuickBooks Online Certification list of courses. There is no charge to take the test, which consists of 80 questions divided into five portions. All five portions should take about three and a half hours to finish.
4) Complete your ProAdvisor Profile
Make a point of finishing your profile as soon as feasible. Your profile includes your qualification badges, an “about me” section, the number of years you’ve been in the company, the services you provide, any sectors you’ve worked in, and your social network links. A sample QuickBooks ProAdvisor profile can be found here.
Significance of QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor in Industry
Accounting professionals can get free QuickBooks Online Certification training and examinations through QuickBooks Online Accountant and become QuickBooks Certified. You can learn new skills that will help you better serve your customers while also obtaining certifications that will help you expand your profession.
A QuickBooks ProAdvisor is someone who has joined the QuickBooks ProAdvisor program and completed a certification test. You become familiar with the QuickBooks product line in depth. Your ProAdvisor credential indicates a better understanding of the software. It can assist you to advance your financial consulting business and gain client confidence as well as access to a network of new clients. It will also boost your efficiency and, as a result, your practice’s success.
Read along to know how you can become a successful QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports QuickBooks and 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources. It is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination.
Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline, fault-tolerant, and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Steps to Become a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Now that you understood the importance of being a QuickBooks Certified Professional, in this section, you will understand how to become QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor. Follow the easy steps below to start your journey to become QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor:
Step 1: Sign Up for QuickBooks Online Accountant Program
To become a QuickBooks Certified Online ProAdvisor, you must first join up for the Online QuickBooks Accountant program and create a profile. It is completely free to register and create a profile. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Sign Up page of QuickBooks ProAdvisor as shown below and enter all your details.
- In the top navigation menu, select “ProAdvisor Program”.
- Next, fill out the essential information by clicking the “Sign-up for free” button.
Step 2: Train and Practice for the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification
You’ll need a better understanding of fundamental Accounting principles as well as familiarity with the QuickBooks Online Accountant system to pass the test. In both of these areas, the training course will prepare you. However, the training course is not required. If you already know everything, you may go right to the exam and get your certification.
You receive free access to all study materials and webinars (live and recorded) after you create your QuickBooks Online Accountant account. To begin the training, go to the “ProAdvisor” link in your QuickBooks Online Accountant screen’s left menu bar and select the “Training” option, as shown below.
You’ll find courses for all of QuickBooks’ products here, as well as preparation materials for the certification examinations listed below.
QuickBooks offers majorly 3 types of training, as detailed below:
- On-Demand Walkthroughs: To guarantee that everything is covered, these interactive self-paced lessons were carefully created based on the exam. During the examination, you can open these self-paced courses in a second browser so you can search through them.
- Live Webinars: Accountant University or QuickBooks Online Accountants provide access to live webinars. The trainers answer your questions live through chat during the multi-part monthly sessions and cover the same topic as the on-demand walkthroughs. There are also introductory-level courses to take before beginning the route to certification if you are new to QuickBooks Online.
- Virtual Conferences: Intuit provides a Certification Bootcamp conducted by Advanced Certified ProAdvisors quarterly. These feature the same information as the webinars, but you can engage with your classmates, trainers, and team members.
Step 3: Take the QuickBooks Certification Exam
After thoroughly reviewing, practicing, and understanding the concepts, it is time to take your exam. Click “Take exam” in the upper-right corner of the QuickBooks Online Certification list of courses, as shown below, to access the QuickBooks certification exam.
Keep the following points in mind before you start your exam journey to become a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor:
- You can examine your answers for a specific section during the exam before submitting the final submission.
- Each section’s test must be completed in a single sitting.
- To become a qualified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor, you must score at least 80% on each section of the exam.
- You have only 3 chances to pass the examinations. If you fail to do so, you will have to wait another 60 days to attempt the exam again.
Good luck with your QuickBooks ProAdvisor Exam.
Key Benefits of QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor is a whole new standard of knowledge and skills that will enable you to succeed. Let’s look at some of the benefits of obtaining QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification:
1) Increase Network and Credibility with ProAdvisor Profile
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification grants you access to outstanding marketing materials that can help you stand out from the competition, generate leads, and develop your brand. Certification badges demonstrate to prospects that you are a QuickBooks specialist, which increases your credibility.
You can list your practice on the Find-a-ProAdvisor platform after passing the test to become a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor. This gives you the opportunity to engage with new clients, grow your client list, and win their confidence. Learn how you can make your Pro-Advisor Profile here.
2) High Ranking with More Benefits
You’ll earn points and benefits as a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor to help you develop your business and help your clients. The more points you earn, the better the rewards become. This is a really useful tool. As you rise through the ranks, you’ll be able to expand your business and take advantage of more perks, such as discounts, product support, and training opportunities. Based on points collected, the profile rankings can be classified into the following categories:
- Silver: 0-199 points
- Gold: 200-799 points
- Platinum: 800-1,599 points
- Elite: 1600+ points
To learn how to earn points, refer to QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program for Accountants.
In this article, you understood and explore the key features of QuickBooks. You also learned about the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification and why is becoming QuickBooks Certified important in today’s industry. Moreover, you understood the steps to become a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor. At the end of this article, you explore some of the perks of becoming a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor.
However, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like CRMs, Project management Tools, Streaming Services, Marketing Platforms can be quite challenging. This is where a simpler alternative like Hevo can save your day!
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of your journey to become a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor in the comments section below!