Going global and expanding your Business reach has become a smooth sail with the launch of several promising E-commerce Platforms like Shopify, Etsy, eBay and Amazon. The practice of selling your Products on multiple Platforms has been booming lately, commonly also referred to as Multi-channel E-commerce, and Business Owners are actively browsing for new Channels to expand and improve their Businesses.
Etsy, a popular Platform for Independent Artists and Creative Sellers offers a perfect setting for running and setting up your first Online Store, but Shopify Etsy Integration is an extension to turbo charge your Store by providing a range of accessible package options and tools to grow faster & better with more Customisations and Shopify Integrations.
In this post, we’ll go over the advantages of combining Shopify and Etsy, as well as methods on how to do it. Here’s a quick outline to help you navigate better.
Table of Contents
Etsy: The Global Online Marketplace
Etsy is an Online Marketplace for Independent Artists and Crafters to sell their one-of-a-kind things, such as Antique Items, Custom Goods, Creative Goods or Handcrafted Products. Since 2005, Etsy has witnessed 54 million Members with 81.9 million Active Buyers and 4.1 million Etsy Sellers (Source: Statista).
Etsy makes it easier for Small Business Owners and Creators to list their Products in an Online Store and sell them to Customers. Unlike Amazon, it is very limited to a unique set of Products like Jewelry, Clothes, or Handmade Articles but offers high quality and valuable items with full control in the hands of a Seller, to decide their own price, choosing their terms, shipping carriers and even third party payment options.
Etsy offers different Product Categories accompanied with detailed descriptions of those Products, Images and Customer Reviews, which makes the buying process very convenient. Customers may also choose to directly contact the Seller through messaging service which allows them to have a personal, direct attention to all their questions.
Sellers can open a store for free on Etsy, but selling to a Customer requires fees. They may be required to pay the following fees which are exclusive of any VAT or similar taxes:
- Listing Fees: For each item that a Seller puts, Etsy will charge them $0.20. They will be charged a listing fee for creating or renewing a listing on Etsy; not for editing a listing. For a private listing, there’ll be no charge unless it is sold. Etsy.com listings expire after four months.
- Transaction Fees: Sellers will be charged a transaction fee of 5% of the listing price when a Customer Sale is made. For Sellers residing in the US and Canada, the transaction fee will not apply to Sales Tax, Goods and Services Tax (GST), or Harmonised Sales Tax (HST), unless they have included those charges in their listing price. For Sellers outside the US and Canada, the transaction fee will apply to the listing price (which should include any applicable taxes), postage price, and gift wrapping fee.
- Advertising Fees: Using Etsy Ads and Offsite Ads requires Sellers to pay from a maximum budget that can be set at or above a predetermined minimum set by Etsy.
- Payment Processing Fees: Depending on Customer Preferential mode of Payment, Etsy will charge Sellers payment processing fees which will also depend upon the location of their bank account.
More information on pricing structure and policies can be found here: Etsy Fees and Payments Policy.
Advantages of Using Etsy Service
Catering to Niche Markets Becomes Easy
What big E-commerce giants like Amazon or eBay fail to provide are Custom and Handcrafted Goods with such extensive options to choose from. Moreover, as we pointed earlier, purchasing such goods from these big stores is doubtful as there is no direct way to communicate with the Seller.
Etsy makes Handcrafted Goods and Vintage Items’ discovery easy for people who are looking to buy such items. With Etsy, Retailers can serve greater geographical regions and get enough demands from Special Interest Customers to turn their Business or Online Store into a healthy revenue source.
Large Customer Base
When starting out your own Business, having Customer demand is also necessary in addition to supplying great quality Products. Etsy makes it easy for first time and new Sellers to open a store and gain the advantage of 81.9 million Customers, directly.
Furthermore, Etsy’s Search Algorithm was created with new Product discovery in mind, which means Etsy Search will prioritise new Product Listings on its Marketplace, giving new and first-time Sellers the boost they need.
Build-In Powerful Analytics
Etsy’s Dashboard can help you track key metrics like Traffic to your Online Store, Traffic Sources, Number of times Customers added your items in their favourites, the Orders received, Revenue generated and which Customers were interested in buying your items from the Store.
Sellers can also utilise the power of other tools like Google Trends, Sked Social, Putler to gain insights from Advanced Reporting and Analytics that can provide accurate Metrics and Reports for your Etsy Store within seconds.
Etsy features a Collaborative Seller Community, which is designed to serve and help new and old Sellers at any point in their Business. The Sellers can share their tips and experiences freely with other Retailers to gain and understand the selling process more comprehensively on Etsy.
Shopify: The Online E-commerce Service
Setting up an Online Store can get hard when you have dozens of things to manage. You need to set up your Store’s Website, enable Payment Features, invest in Website Design and Customer Service Offerings that can provide the finest Customer Experiences.
In a Digital Era, where Technologies and massive Digital Reach are transforming the way Markets and Consumers behave, Shopify is one such E-commerce Platform that comes as an impressive solution for Merchants, that makes setting up an Online Store a fabulous and smooth process.
It doesn’t matter if you are a Small Business Owner or a Large Enterprise, Shopify is equipped with all the right and adaptive tools that can change as you grow your Business.
Advantages of Using Shopify Service
Quick and Easy Setup
Figuring out where to start and how is a common dilemma for many Merchants seeking to sell their Products on E-commerce Platforms. Thanks to Shopify which has made the whole process of setting up and attracting the right Customers super easy even for the Non-technical. The User Interface is very User-friendly and Intuitive, making it simple to use right off the bat. It is Mobile-Friendly, meaning you can also manage your Store from your Phone.
Powerful Marketing and AMP Availability
Shopify comes with incredible Marketing Tools that will help you gain traction in the Customer Market through better SEO Rankings, Social Media Publishing, Email & SMS Marketing and Blogs. You can sell and advertise your Products on various Channels like Facebook, Google Ads, Pinterest, or even host blogs to spread your Product information.
AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages is a special feature that increases the speed of Content Delivery to Mobile Shoppers. In 2021, 72.9 percent of all retail E-commerce is expected to be generated via M-commerce or Mobile Shopping (Statista Report) and thus improving the Shopping Experience for your Customers comes as a priority from Shopify which also helps in SEO prioritization for Google.
Craft Multi-Channel User Experience at Affordable Plans
Shopify provides a plethora of Customization tools to their Customers at affordable price levels starting at $29/month. Setting up your Online Store does not involve any coding or prior software installation. Shopify’s Subscription-based Platform allows Merchants to construct a Multi-Channel User Experience that promotes and displays their Business Brands in the best possible ways.
Users can integrate natively over 20+ Sales Channels like Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, via Shopify Plus Omnichannel Commerce Service.
A Multitude of Payment Gateways and Integrations
Shopify works with more than 70 Payment Gateways and Checkouts that are supported in more than 50 Languages. This eliminates any obstacles that Businesses may have while growing worldwide. To extend your Shopify Tool functionality, Shopify offers a plethora of Shopify Integrations and Plugins in their Shopify App Store as well. With such versatility and flexibility, Shopify is a popular choice for over 1.7 million Businesses in 175 Countries Worldwide.
Excellent Support from Shopify Team
Shopify also provides excellent Customer Support, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Phone, Email, or Chat. Shopify links you with skilled Shopify Professionals who can assist you in getting your Online Store up and running by recommending Themes, Layout, and other Website features.
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from databases or SaaS applications (free sources like Shopify & 100+ other Sources) into your Data Warehouses like Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake and Firebolt (Integration Coming Soon!) to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo Platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a diverse set of Connectors that authorize you to bring data in from multiple data sources such as Shopify, Amplitude, Jira, and Oracle and even Data-Warehouses such as Redshift and Snowflake are in an integrated and Analysis-ready format.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through Chat, Email, and Support Calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Taking the Advantage of Shopify Etsy Integration
Etsy is a popular but Niche Platform, limited to only Special Interest Customers looking to buy Handmade, Vintage or Creative Goods. Although Etsy has about 81.9 million Active Buyers Community, it still is limited when compared against the massive reach of 457 million Buyers and the potential Shopify offers.
While Multi-channel E-commerce has become an inevitable part of creating a successful Business, Merchants and Retailers can get the best of both worlds when it comes to Shopify Etsy Integration. Using such an advantage, Sellers can test waters before launching a full-blown operational Shop, explore the Market by seeing which Products are trending and gain wonderful Customer feedbacks to craft even better Products and Services.
Having said that, let’s take a look at methods to achieve Shopify Etsy Integration.
Methods to Accomplish Shopify Etsy Integration
Method 1: Connect Shopify Etsy Data using APIs
Application Programming Interface or API is a Software Intermediary between 2 Applications that enables retrieving, adding, deleting and synchronising data. It is a system that eliminates the need for Developers to write code all by themselves, permitting to and fro communications quickly and reliably.
Developers can use Shopify Admin API to integrate Apps and Services like Etsy. One way to proceed is to acquire Etsy API and extract, produce data and inline it with Shopify Admin API to mirror individual Product details. This will facilitate duplication of the catalogue of Individual Products available on your Etsy Marketplace, which gets mapped to your Shopify Store as well.
The documentation for Shopify Admin API can be found here- Shopify Admin API.
The documentation for Etsy API can be found here- Etsy API Documentation.
While the API Integration technique is arduous and time-consuming, we also have alternative possibilities, which are listed in the methods below.
Method 2: Connect Shopify Etsy Using In-App Marketplace Integrations
Managing Shopify Etsy together becomes easy with Shopify App Marketplace Integrations. Shopify App Store provides a good number of third party Shopify Integrations to help seamlessly connect your Etsy Marketplace and Shopify Store.
Here are a few solid choices for you to consider:
Etsy Marketplace Integration
Etsy Marketplace Integration works with minimal focus on manual efforts and maximum focus on Automation. This Shopify Integration enables Real-time Sync on Products details such as Inventory, Price, Availability and supports Advance Order Management with a personalised experience for your Customers.
Key Features of Etsy Marketplace Integration
- Offers enhanced dashboard for elaborate details and insights on Product Management.
- Supports currency conversion.
- Reports errors in cases of Inventory failing to update on Etsy Marketplace or Shopify Store or in cases of Customer Order failure.
- Comes with Seller-friendly Templates for Shipping, Inventory and Price.
- Extends support from a dedicated team available 24*7.
Etsy Marketplace is free to install with support for managing up to 10 Orders in a single time. You can also upgrade to
- Starter Pack which costs $39/month or $24.92/month billed at $299 once per year.
- Lite Pack which costs $59/month or $33.25/month billed at $399 once per year, and
- Basic Plan which costs $69/month or $41.58/month billed at $499 once per year.
Link to Shopify Etsy Integration
Etsy Marketplace Integration
Etsy Integration and Sync
Another great Shopify Etsy Integration Tool, this App lets you List, Manage and Sync Products. Its “Sync already existing Etsy products” feature lets you sync all of your existing Etsy Products, Orders, and Inventory to the Etsy Integration & Sync dashboard in a few minutes. You also get features to customise the Product Attributes like Title, Price, etc.
When you use this Application, tracking details about Orders, Shipping status, and Fulfilment becomes easier. Handling items from a Single Centralised System becomes extremely convenient and rapid.
Key features of Shopify Etsy Integration & Sync
- One step sync process from Etsy Marketplace to Shopify store; within a few minutes.
- Add custom title and price on Etsy so you take in variables such as tax and other fees beforehand.
- Implement SEO optimised Product Titles on Etsy which can be synced with your Shopify Store.
- Dedicated Account Manager to help you through every step.
- Connect with other Shopify Integrations like Etsy, ShareASale, Awin.
The Shopify Etsy Integration and Sync offers 4 pricing tiers,
- Basic Seller Plan which costs $29.99 per month including support for 5000 SKUs and an Etsy Order Limit of 3000.
- Intermediate Seller Plan which costs $39.99 per month including support for 20,000 SKUs and an Etsy Order Limit of 9000.
- Advanced Seller Plan which costs $59.99 per month including support for 100,000 SKUs and an Etsy Order Limit of 14,000.
- Super Seller Plan which costs $89.99 per month including support for 100,000 SKUs and an Etsy Order Limit of 20,000.
Link to Shopify Etsy Integration
Etsy Integration & Sync
To become successful in Online E-commerce Business, Merchants need to be able to sell across multiple Marketplaces and Platforms. This is called Multi-channel E-commerce which helps increase their Brand Exposure and Customer Reach.
While selling your Products on Multi-channel serves good, it also makes it difficult to manage, upload or update inventory for every single Channel. Multi-channel Import Shopify Etsy Integration is one such advantageous tool that helps you to integrate not only Shopify and Etsy Marketplace, but also other prominent E-commerce Platforms like eBay, Amazon, Wish, Walmart, AliExpress etc.
Key Features of Multichannel Importer
- Import your Products or other Seller’s Products (Dropshipping) from Amazon, eBay, Wish, Etsy, Aliexpress, or Walmart to your Shopify Store without any hassle.
- Enables Inventory and Price syncing across all your selected Marketplace Platforms.
- Get all images of your Products onto your Shopify Store from eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Wish, or Etsy Marketplace Seller Center.
- Manage your Shopify Orders with FBA, eBay, or Aliexpress with its complete tracking details.
- Connect with other Shopify Integrations like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, FBA, Aliexpress, File import & Edit.
Multi-channel Importer is free to use and you can import all your Products into the App, but there is a limitation of uploading 10 Products on your Shopify Store using the free plan. To gain more access, you can subscribe to their other plans like One time Plan which costs $10/month and lets you upload up to 65 Products on Shopify. For FBA users, there is a special Amazon FBA Plan which costs $25/month or $20.75/month billed at $249 once per year.
Link to Shopify Etsy Integration
Method 3: Exporting Etsy Products to Shopify Store using CSV File
You may export your Etsy Marketplace Products to Shopify Online Store through the CSV export capability in your Etsy Dashboard, which is a somewhat lengthy procedure. The only issue is that it only syncs data for the current instance. There is no Real-time Data Update, and if the need arises in the future, you will have to repeat the same set of procedures manually.
To export your Etsy Marketplace Products:
Step 1: Visit your Shop Manager Dashboard Settings and under the “Download Data” tab, find the action button “Download CSV”.
Step 2: Click on it and save the CSV file to your system.
Step 3: Navigate to your Shopify Dashboard. Go to Products and find the “Import” button under the Products Menu.
Step 4: Click on it to open the import window. In this new pop up you will be asked to import products by CSV.
Step 5: Upload your CSV file.
Step 6: A preview will be displayed for your Products. Select the “Import Products” button to start the import. You can also have a look at how they would be presented in your Shopify Store.
Once your Products are migrated from Etsy Marketplace to Shopify Store, you can start selling them in your Online Store.
Method 4: Using Third-Party Integration Softwares for Shopify Etsy Data Integration
There are numerous choices and support Applications on the Market for integrating Shopify with Etsy Marketplace. Merchants looking for Robust Support, Personalised Attention, and greater Control on Shopify Etsy may choose for Third-party Applications.
Some of the tools available in the market are offered by Mulitorders, Mesa, LitExtension and ExportFeed. With these tools, you can register as a user, link your Shopify Etsy Marketplace and start the integration process by choosing the entities that you wish to migrate from Shopify to Etsy or Etsy to Shopify.
Connecting Shopify to an Etsy Shop enables Online Retailers to build and manage a Business within the Etsy community while growing and promoting their own Brand with the help of Shopify.
Small Businesses and Independent Artists now have now the opportunity to go worldwide with their wonderful Products while also not having to worry about currency conversion, or designing Templates or offering Customer Support. Everything can be managed from a Single Centralised Location easily and quickly.
For Sellers opening and running an Online Store especially when their Customer Base gets large, becomes a daunting task. Creating Personalised Promotion Campaigns, or Product Pushes without any clue of where to begin can prove disadvantageous to their Business. This is where Hevo saves the efforts and simplifies the process.
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as Shopify (Free Source Connector with Hevo) allows you to not only export data from Sources & load data in the Destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo lets you migrate your Shopify Data from your Shopify Admin to any Data Warehouse of your choice like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery or Firebolt (Integration Coming Soon!) within minutes with just a few clicks.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your opinions on Shopify Integrations and the ones you use for your Online Store with us in the comments below. We’d be interested in hearing your thoughts and ideas.