You might have heard about Shopify, the leading Cloud E-Commerce platform. But, did know about the Shopify App Store? Well, every business has its own set of requirements, which evolve over time, that’s why Shopify App Developers are creating adaptable solutions like the Shopify App Store to let you expand your business the way you want. Shopify Apps have such a big influence on merchants that 85% of them claim they rely on them to run their businesses.
Thousands of Shopify Apps have been developed to date, assisting merchants in starting businesses, selling more, scaling up, and saving time. Finding the proper specialized App for your particular business might be difficult with so many to pick from. That’s where Shopify App Store saves your day! Now, it’s easier than ever to find Apps that fit your needs. Vendors can choose from thousands of apps in the Shopify App Store. These Shopify Apps work as plugins, enhancing the functionality of a business and improving your consumer experience. You may think of the Shopify App Store as your personal advisor for Shopify Apps that gets increasingly sophisticated as more merchants use Apps to develop their business.
In this article, you will get a comprehensive overview of the Shopify App Store and its key features that makes it so popular among businesses. Moreover, you will understand the types of App you can add to the Shopify App Store along with how to set up Apps in the Store. At the end of the article, you will explore the best Apps made by Shopify and provided to you free of cost. So, put on your reading glasses, and let’s unravel the Shopify App Store.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Shopify App Store
- Key Features of the Shopify App Store
- Understanding the App Types in Shopify App Store
- Steps to Set Up Apps in Shopify App Store
- Explore 5 Best Apps Developed by Shopify
Introduction to the Shopify App Store
Shopify is a Cloud-based platform that includes an online store and a shopping cart. It enables businesses to quickly and easily set up an online store. With over 1 million businesses utilizing the platform in over 100 countries, Shopify has become a household name for all-in-one E-Commerce solutions. Many E-Commerce enterprises prefer Shopify because of its low operating costs and user-friendly interface.
The Shopify App Store is the greatest location for Shopify Merchants to find Apps to help them grow their business, thanks to personalized recommendations and relevant categories. As an App Developer, you may design Apps for the Shopify App Store to reach millions of Entrepreneurs all over the world, and you can utilize Shopify’s Billing API to create pricing models that will help you expand your own app development.
Shopify is great for Merchants who want to sell their products through a variety of Sales Channels, such as the web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, physical stores, and pop-up shops. You can monitor all Sales Channels from the Shopify Admin Dashboard, from creating and maintaining an Online Store to accepting payments, managing inventory, and tracking and responding to orders.
Key Features of the Shopify App Store
The Shopify App Store is a simple platform that’s easy to install and utilize. It also offers a plethora of amazing features and services, that make it so popular in the market. Some of the key features of the Shopify App Store are listed below:
The Shopify App Store offers an ample number of pre-built templates by globally recognized designers like Happy Cog, Pixel Union, and many more. You can easily customize your storefront dashboard using these templates by accessing the HTML and CSS of your store. In addition, you can choose your own domain name or buy through Shopify to host your website. Moreover, it allows you to publish your articles and manage comments on your Shopify blog.
Each Shopify App Store supports a free 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate, as well as protects your transactions, card details, content with a high level of security. Moreover, Shopify App Store offers an Abandoned Checkout Recovery feature that allows you to mail your prospective customers who abandoned their shopping carts, thereby allowing you to recover your lost Sales. It supports 100+ payment gateways worldwide from Bitcoin to PayPal and more. Not only does it support 50+ languages it also automatically handles the country and state tax rates.
The Shopify App Store allows you to manage and understand your customers by letting you learn about their shopping habits and order history. Moreover, you categorize and export your lists on the basis of location, purchase history, and other factors. Shopify integrates with many apps, eCommerce, CRMs, and more to help boost your Sales. You can also manage and update your store, orders, customers via your smartphone.
Marketing & SEO
Shopify optimizes your content using Search Engine Optimization techniques. You can integrate your websites with social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and many more to spread your products and campaigns. Moreover, you can boost your sales and customer loyalty by generating targeted discount codes and by allowing customers to use gift cards as store credit.
You can manage your inventory, track stock counts, and import or export your products using CSV files. In addition, you can manage and optimize your product pages for search engines using meta tags, URL handles and can also organize products by category, sale, season, or more. Shopify allows you to sell products without any limit and your customers can easily order and download the digital products.
The Shopify App Store provides an interactive dashboard and reports to make better decisions and track your company’s growth. In addition, you can export your reports to further analyze them. You can even use Google Analytics to track your sales, visits, and referrals.
Shopify offers 24/7 support through email, chat, and phone. You can search through FAQs, watch webinars, read ebooks, and take part in community discussion forums. Moreover, you can work with Shopify-approved E-Commerce developers, designers, and others to optimize your Shopify App Store.
Simplify Shopify ETL with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources such as Shopify. It is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination.
Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its completely automated pipeline, fault-tolerant, and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Shopify ETL with Hevo today!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Understanding the App Types in Shopify App Store
Did you know that you can add 4 different types of Apps to your Shopify App Store? These apps will help enhance your Shopify and let you add new features. Following are the 4 types of Apps you can add to your Shopify App Store:
1) Public Apps
Shopify App Store supports 2 types of Public Apps, Listed and Unlisted. You can set up your Listed Apps from the Shopify App Store. On the other hand, Unlisted Apps don’t appear in Shopify App Store search results, but you can install them from the app’s App Store directly. However, both the Public Apps need to pass through the Shopify App review process.
2) Custom Apps
Custom Apps are not listed on the Shopify App Store that allows you to add features and extend your online store. You can ask your App Developer to create a custom app for you that can later be installed using the install link provided by the App’s developer.
3) Private Apps
Private Apps are particularly available to your store and you can create them in the Shopify Admin here. You can ask your external App Developer to create a Private App for you, however, you need to give API access to them.
4) Draft Apps
Shopify Partners can use draft applications during development, and they can only be deployed on development stores for testing. When you install a draft app on a development store, store transfer is permanently disabled. Only after a Shopify review or conversion to a custom app can you put draft apps on your store.
Steps to Set Up Apps in Shopify App Store
In this section, you will learn how you can install and customize your Apps in Shopify App Store. So, go through the following steps to set up your Apps.
- Step 1: Install an App
- Step 2: Open, View, and Edit your App in Shopify App Store
- Step 3: Change your App’s Proxy URL
Step 1: Install an App
You can install your App on Shopify App Store by following one of the 3 options below:
- Install through the Shopify App Store.
- Install with a third-party install link.
- Install a custom app with a unique install link.
In this article, you will learn in detail how to install the App through the Shopify App Store. Follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Shopify App Store here.
- Next, find and select the App you want to install. A new page will open. Click on Add App button as shown below.
- Now, click on Install App to install it.
To install your Apps using third-party install links or Custom Apps, you can refer to Shopify Help Center.
Step 2: Open, View, and Edit your App in Shopify App Store
After finishing the installation, you check whether you have installed your App properly. So, go to your Shopify App Store Admin and click on Apps as shown below. Now, select the App you want to open. Now, let’s discover other options and features of your App you can access using the Shopify App Store.
View your App Details
The About page of your App can help you show the detailed information of your Apps like reviews, issues, and other details. To do so, select Apps from your Shopify Admin and then click on About just after the App name.
Edit App Preferences
To edit your App Preferences, go to Apps from your Shopify Admin. Click About and select Edit Preferences.
View App Invoice
To check the billing and usage charge details of the App, you can go to Apps from your Shopify Admin and click on About. Next, in the Billing and Usage Charges section, choose the View Current Invoice.
To view your App’s permissions and privacy policies you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps from your Shopify Admin and select About.
- To see App Permissions: Click on App Permissions.
Step 3: Change your App’s Proxy URL
Some apps use a Proxy URL to retrieve and show dynamic material on a page of your online store. The App Developer sets the default Proxy URL, but you can alter it in the Shopify Admin. To update the Proxy URL for your App, follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps from your Shopify Admin and click on About.
- Now, in the App Proxy section, select Customize URL.
- Enter your desired new Proxy URL for the App and click on Save once done.
Hurray!! You have finally learned how to add and customize your App in Shopify App Store.
Explore 5 Best Apps Developed by Shopify
Shopify-created Apps are usually free and come with Shopify’s support. Apps created by a third-party developer may be charged a fee and are supported by the Developer. Let’s explore some of the Apps created by Shopify, that can help you in managing your Shopify App Store and Apps effectively.
- Advanced Cash on Delivery: Advanced Cash on Delivery app allows your clients in India to pay with cash-on-delivery when they shop at your store. You can select a range of order pricing that allows customers to pay with cash on delivery. Before shipping and taxes, this pricing range represents the computed sum.
- Shopcodes: You may create QR Codes for your business that works as a physical buy button, or you can use them online to drive clients to a product or checkout page, using Shopify’s Shopcodes App. The QR codes you create with the Shopcodes App don’t influence your Online Store, your customers, or your orders in any way.
- Google Channel: Shopify’s Google Channel syncs your products and related store information with the Google Merchant Center automatically. Then, immediately from your Shopify Admin, you can adjust your Google Product Listings.
- Script Editor: Shopify Scripts are short pieces of code that allow you to create unique Shopping Cart and Checkout experiences for your customers. To change the prices and characteristics of line items in your store’s cart, you can write and run Ruby scripts. Only Shopify Plus Merchants have access to this Script Editor App.
- Shopify Local Delivery: You may utilize Shopify Local Delivery to make local order delivery more efficient by creating Order Lists, mapping Delivery Locations, and optimizing Routes.
To explore other Apps made by Shopify, you can visit here.
In this article, you explored about Shopify App Store. You learned the various key features that Shopify App Store stores. In addition, you understood the steps to install App in Shopify using Shopify App Store. Moreover, you also understood the 4 different types of Apps you can add to the Shopify App Store. Not only this, you unraveled the 5 best Apps made by Shopify. So, at the end of this article, you might have finally understood how you can leverage Shopify App Store to your use case to boost your Sales.
Moreover, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Shopify, and other Marketing tools can be quite challenging and cumbersome. This is where Hevo saves your day!
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources such as Shopify, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Share your experience with Shopify App Store in the comments section below!