Trello Personal Boards Visibility Simplified 101
Companies tend to avoid overwhelming situations and try to organize tasks in the best way possible. They use various techniques, plans, and tools to ease the workflow and complete each task before the deadline of any task. Creating a healthy work environment becomes the topmost priority for any scaling company to efficiently handle any project. Companies use several Project Management tools that can help them to plan out and organize their workflows.
Table of Contents
One of the most used tools is Trello. Trello is an online tool that allows you to organize projects into cards, Kanban View, and other types of Boards such as Trello Personal Boards, Public Trello Boards. A company works in many teams and each team has multiple members handling different tasks. It raises a privacy concern for companies to manage access to the data flow to team members.
Trello offers various Board Visibility options to restrict the access of Boards to a few people. In this article, you will learn about different Trello Board visibility options and their usage. You will also learn how to move Trello Personal Boards to any Workspace and what are Trello Personal Boards.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Trello
- Introduction to Trello Personal Boards
- Steps to Check Trello Personal Boards
- Introduction to Trello Boards Visibility
- Steps to Change the Trello Board Visibility
- Benefits of Personal Trello Boards
Introduction to Trello
Trello is a Kanban-based Project Management tool and visual collaboration tool that helps seamlessly organize projects. It is similar to whiteboards having sticky notes. It also has columns where you can place sticky notes like Trello Cards. Each Trello Card has information related to the project, progress, planning, and much more. Trello Cards also supports texts, images, attachments, and labels.
Companies use Trello to keep updates on running projects and watch the progress of every team member. One can also make separate checklists or tasks in Trello Personal Boards. Trello is an open-source tool, but it has a paid business version with lots of advanced features. Apart from Kanban View. It also supports other Views like Timeline View, Calendar View, Map View, Dashboard, and Table View. Based on the requirement and type of data to visualize, one can switch to any Views, but it is available in the paid version.
Key Features of Trello
Trello is a versatile tool to help companies and individuals organize their projects and workflow. It saves a lot of time and avoids overwhelming conditions. Many features make Trello a perfect fit for companies. A few features are listed below:
- Power-Ups: Trello provides integration features to many 3rd party tools and services in the form of Power-Ups. It offers 200+ integrations to Trello Boards so that you can organize data and workflow in one place.
- Smooth Collaboration: Trello allows you to share Boards or Workspace with other members to make a team project more effective and effortless. It helps to enhance the communication among team members.
- Seamless Automation: The Butler is a part of Trello that helps automate the repetitive tasks in Trello, thus saving a lot of time. It can mark lists, delete lists, arrange them, and set custom rules for them.
To know more about Trello, click here.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Trello, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Introduction to Trello Personal Boards
Trello Personal Boards are Boards that are not a part of any Workspace. The Boards are set to Trello Personal Boards only when any Workspace is not present in your Trello account. It can be used for personal productivity where you can define tasks or information that only belongs to you. If you have a single Workspace in your account, then all the new Boards created will come under this Workspace. If you have more than one Workspace, you can choose the Workspace under which you want to add a new Trello Board.
Steps to Check Trello Personal Boards
Now that you have understood about Trello Personal Boards. In this section, you will learn 2 ways to check whether your account has any Trello Personal Boards or not. The 2 methods are listed below:
Method 1: Checking From Homepage
The easiest way to check if your account has Trello Personal Boards is from the Trello Homepage. The Boards section is the default page for Trello Homepage. So it shows all the Boards available in your account.
On the Homepage, check if you have any header named “Personal Boards” as shown in the image below.
All the Trello Personal Boards in your account will be shown under this section. If you don’t see any header like this, that means you don’t have any Trello Personal Boards.
Method 2: Checking Out Board Settings
You might have created Trello Personal Boards earlier and then created a few Workspace for other projects. Now, you can check for a particular Board if it falls under Trello Personal Boards or not. A few steps are listed below:
- Open the Boards which you want to check for Trello Personal Boards.
- Now, click on the “Show Menu” option located at the top right corner of the page, shown in the image below.
- Select the “Settings” option, shown in the image below.
- Here, look at the first option if it is “Add to Workspace” then that means it is a Trello Personal Board, and if you see “Change Workspace” then this doesn’t fall under Trello Personal Boards, shown in the image below.
Introduction to Trello Boards Visibility
Organizations need to provide role-based data access to the team members. There is no point in sharing data and the work progress of one team to totally different teams. Trello offers a Board Visibility option that allows the Board Admins to set privacy settings on Boards. It helps them to manage the flow of data limited to self or a few members. Even Trello Personal Boards also has Visibility options that allow individuals to share their Boards with the public or a few people.
Companies use the Trello Boards Visibility feature to provide access to the information to the rightful member. Like managers can restrict their schedule and budget Management Boards from other teams. Or they can share the Boards related to expenditures, investments to shareholders and owners. Trello offers 4 types of Boards Visibility options, as shown below:
The Private Board Visibility option is the most secure Board Visibility option. It only allows members added to the Board to view and edit it. If the Workspace is a part of Business Class Workspace or Trello Enterprise, then Workspace Admins and Enterprise Admins also have access to the Trello Private Board. The Trello Private Board is useful for managing private information, Personal ToDo lists, and tasks limited to specific members only.
The Workspace Visibility option allows all the members of the Workspace to view and edit the Board. Workspace Admins can manage to restrict members from joining and editing the Board.
The Workspace Trello Boards allow teams or departments in the company to have access to its relevant Boards. Like all the members of the Marketing team can have access to Board with the content updates.
The Organization Visible Boards allow members of the Enterprise to view the Board regardless of the Workspace. This Visibility option helps companies to share a Board with all the members of the company.
Imagine a Board with information on upcoming events in the company. This Board will be visible to all the members of the organization.
The Public Trello Boards make the Boards visible to the public. It means anyone with the Board link can view the Board even they don’t have a Trello account. The editing access of the Board is limited only to members added to the Board. It also provides comments and votes options that allow all the members to view, add comments and vote on the Public Trello Boards.
Steps to Change Trello Board Visibility
In this section, you will learn the process to change the Visibility option in Trello Boards. It allows Board Admins to set Trello Board Visibility based on the requirements. You will see 2 methods to adjust Trello Boards Visibility options. The following methods are listed below:
- Method 1: Setting Board Visibility of New Board
- Method 2: Changing Board Visibility of Existing Board
Method 1: Setting Board Visibility of New Board
In this method, you will learn to change Visibility options while creating a new Trello Board. The steps are listed below:
- Log in to your Trello account here.
- Click on the “+” icon located at the top right corner of the page, shown in the image below.
- Now, click the “Create Board” option to create a new Board, shown in the image below.
- A dialog box will ask the name of the Board and Workspace under which you want to add the Board. Fill in these details as you like, shown in the image below.
- If you have any Workspace available, the default Trello Boards Visibility option is Workspace Visible. If your account doesn’t have any Workspace, then it will create Trello Personal Boards, and it has the default option as Private. Click on the “Workspace Visible” option, a drop-down menu will appear with all the Visibility options, shown in the image below.
- Select the desired Trello Board Visibility option.
- Now, click on the “Create Board” button to create a new Board.
That’s it! You have created a new Board with a desired Visibility option.
Method 2: Changing Board Visibility of Existing Board
If you want to change the Trello Board Visibility option of an existing Board, then you can follow this method. The following steps are listed below:
- Open the Board whose Visibility you want to change.
- On the menu bar, you can see a button named as any of the Visibility options out of 4 types of options and click on that button, shown in the image below.
- A drop-down menu will appear where you can see all the Visibility options, shown in the image below.
- Select the desired Trello Board Visibility option.
That’s it! You have changed the Trello Board Visibility.
Benefits of Trello Personal Boards
The Trello Personal Boards offers many features and a great workflow experience. It helps companies to save a lot of time and increase productivity. A few benefits of using Trello Boards are listed below:
- Boards Visibility: The Visibility options offered by Trello Boards allow individuals and companies to restrict and share data with specific members. It adds privacy to the Trello.
- User-friendly Interface: Unlike other Project Management tools available in the market that are more complex to use and usually only follow the Gantt Charts. Trello provides Kanban and many other views to flexibly manage the projects.
- Organized Workflow tools: With the help of Trello Boards and Cards, one can effortlessly manage their tasks. The Cards are part of Boards that comes with many features, and it’s easy to use.
In this article, you learned about different Trello Board Visibility options and how to change the Board Visibility settings. You also learned about Trello Personal Boards and their usage. Trello Boards Visibility is a great feature that allows users to restrict the flow of data. It helps companies to organize the work and divide tasks. Trello Personal Boards come in handy to manage a personal space on Trello. It aids individuals to organize personal tasks.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about the Trello Personal Boards in the comments section below!