The job of Marketers is to work on generating traffic and qualified leads through the company website. This makes it essential to understand the impact of handy Website SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Analysis tools for efficient Marketing campaigns. By understanding the website’s performance, specific performance issues, and receiving clear actionable feedback by using these tools you can help your firm establish a firm online presence.
This article talks about Website SEO Analysis in detail, as it delves into its importance in a Marketing pipeline and the key Website SEO Analysis tools to look out for in 2022.
Table of Contents
- What is Website SEO Analysis?
- Understanding the Importance of Website SEO Analysis
- How to do Website SEO Analysis?
- Top 20 Website SEO Analysis Tools
What is Website SEO Analysis?
Surely but slowly, search engines are getting smarter. By putting valuable information on them, you get rewards, such as the flow of traffic, authentic audience, high visibility, and required credibility. Because search engines demand an optimization strategy to rank your content, SEO Analysis is the best way to acquire a high rank.
Andrey Lipattey, Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google, stated that both high-quality content and link building are used by Google to improve the ranking of a particular website.
But the main problem is, Google or any other search engine doesn’t provide SEO rules. You require different trials and statistics to figure out the best way to increase ranking.
Website SEO Analysis entails a review of your website’s content, code, structure, and offsite authority to give you what is known as an SEO score. Website SEO Analysis then takes this score and uses it to compare your web presence with your competitors. A number of factors come into play that can affect your page’s rankings like:
- Quality and length of the web page’s content.
- Presence of quality backlinks pointing back to your website.
- The loading speed of web pages on your site.
- Presence of social signals pointing back to your website.
- Historical user behavior and search intent for similar queries.
But before you begin your SEO Analysis process on a competitor’s website, you need to establish a baseline score. This means you need to have Analytics in place to keep a track of your website. Before you dive into jotting down your competitor’s metrics, you need to take a hard look at your own website and marketing strategy. Basic information that you should be tracking are:
- Visits from non-branded organic search.
- The number and quality of inbound links.
- The number of visits per month.
- Visit-to-inquiry conversion rates.
- Page-to-page keyword densities, speeds, and word counts.
Understanding the Importance of Website SEO Analysis
SEO Analysis makes everything smart and super-easy. By conducting deep Website SEO Analysis, you can identify weak points and learn which areas require improvement. Instead of hiring an SEO or Digital Marketing expert, it is better to use Website SEO Analysis tools.
Due to the fact that Google and other search engines are oblivious to how your business functions in the real world. The search engines rank your enterprise on the basis of specific online factors. These factors are the answer to why a competitor might be outranking you despite the fact that you might have a more seasoned business.
It helps you identify the exact areas you are lacking behind your competitors, and the necessary changes you need to make to propel your marketing campaign. It allows you to see the exact elements working in favor of your competitors that are making their pages more relevant and authoritative than yours. Website SEO Analysis should therefore be an early step in your Marketing optimization process.
But simply ranking well in Google’s organic search results isn’t enough. Your SEO strategy should be a part of a comprehensive marketing strategy that considers metrics like Conversion Rate Optimization. This measures how well your website converts your visitors into your leads.
How to do Website SEO Analysis?
Follow these procedures to do a website SEO study.
- Make a list of the current material on your website.
- Determine which keywords your domain already ranks for.
- Take note of how these pages are now ranking for these keywords.
- Conduct a ContentIQ study to identify any weak places in your material. This can involve ineffective keyword utilization or the absence of metadata.
- Use Google Search Console to find essential information about your website’s traffic on each page, the number of leads it generates, and your conversion rates.
Look for areas where you may improve when you develop your Website SEO Analysis. Identify the pages that aren’t performing well and aren’t efficiently bringing in new visitors, and urge them to continue down your conversion funnel. This will assist you in determining where to begin your optimization approach.
You may also utilize your research to determine which keywords still require the content on your website. You can then start creating a content calendar to fill in the gaps and add fresh content to your website.
You’ll have the information you need to optimize your existing content and make it more appealing to search engines, as well as a strong content calendar to design your buyer’s journey with if you use the data from your SEO research.
Hevo, A Simpler Alternative to Integrate your Data for Analysis
A fully-managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo helps you integrate and load data from 100+ different sources to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources provides users with the flexibility to bring in data of different kinds, in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
You can try Hevo for free by signing up for a 14-day free trial.
Top 20 Website SEO Analysis Tools
SEO Analysis tools enable you to measure not only your performance but also the performance of your competitor. With the best Website SEO Analysis tools, you can unfold existing opportunities to stand out from the queue. These tools save your time from a dreary keyword search, data analysis, and manual methods to analyze your website.
Read, check and filter this list to find the best Website SEO Analysis tool for your business in 2021.
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Moz Pro
- KW Finder
- Answer The Public
- Fat Rank
- Screaming Frog
- SEO PowerSuite
- Google Trends
- UpCity Free SEO Report Card
- Keywords Everywhere
Founded in 2011 by Dmitry Gerasimenko, Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool to perform the following functions:
- Site Audit: The Site Audit functionality allows you to explore those reasons that lower your website’s ranking. A Site Audit sneaks into all web pages to calculate the overall health score of your website.
- Site Explorer: It conducts all the duties of a competitive research tool; organic traffic research, backlink checker, and paid traffic research.
- Keywords Research: This important interface is used to determine what customers are exactly looking for.
- Content Explorer: It combines premium operators to build trustworthy relationships, explore the right timeliness, check low competitive topics and partnership opportunities.
- Rank Tracker: It constantly checks your website ranking and performance against your market players to deliver reports regularly.
Besides, Ahrefs offers free tools as well. You can use Webmaster tools, backlink checkers, broken link checkers, YouTube keywords, and so many other features without getting a subscription. Top leading companies, for example, Adobe, eBay, Expedia, Facebook, HuffPost, Netflix, Pinterest, Tripadvisor, Shopify, Uber, and SurveyMonkey are using Ahrefs. The list shows that Ahrefs is already popular in the Digital Marketing industry.
Ahrefs Pricing Model
There are four pricing options for Ahrefs: Lite, Standard, Advanced, and Agency. You can check their features here.
Visit Ahrefs to find out more about this Website SEO Analysis Tool.
Founded in 2008, SEMrush is widely used by the world’s leading brands, including Walmart, Amazon, Nike, Booking.com, Boohoo, BNP Paribas, HP, Skyscanner, P&G, Quora, Forbes, Decathlon, Deloitte, IBM, Tesla, and Vodafone. The success of SEMrush doesn’t end here. Currently, it has 20,000+ partners and 7,000,000+ active users. Till now, the SEMrush company has already received 14 recognition awards as the best SEO software suite.
SEMrush is a software company that has designed an SEO toolkit. By having this SEO toolkit, you can grow organically and experience a 10x increase in revenue.
The top features of the SEO toolkit are as follows:
- SEO: It lets you unveil millions of keywords, including both national and local. SEMrush SEO toolkit empowers website creators to examine the backlink profile of any domain. You can execute SEO Audits and track SERP (Search Engine Research Pages) visibility daily.
- Content Marketing: This feature of SEMrush avoids the need for expert knowledge and professionals. It brings valuable topics to improve traffic and notifies you about SEO-friendly content. It has an SEO writing assistant to examine the readability, originality, tone-of-voice of your content in real-time.
- Market Research: The competitive research toolkit of SEMrush enables you to find niche players, game changers, and competitive leaders. You can analyze the traffic of any domain, explore the promotion tactics of your competitors and find tips to boost market share.
- Advertising: This toolkit helps you to increase your traffic through advertisement by investing only a minimal amount. You can identify the target audience according to gender, age, and interest, permitting you to uncover the actual concentration of the audience.
- Social Media: With the Social Media toolkit, you can fix those ads that don’t increase revenues. You can analyze, schedule, and post on social media. You can also track the performance of all posts and identify errors with them.
SEMrush Pricing Model
SEMrush offers three pricing plans; Pro, Guru, Business. However, users can create a custom flexible plan according to their specific requirements.
Visit SEMrush to explore more about the SEO toolkit.
3. Google Search Console
Previously known as Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console is a web service owned by Google that allows you to shine like a pro. If you’re a newbie, developer, SEO expert, businessman, or Marketer, the Search Console tool is a free Search Analytics software that teaches you about Website SEO Analysis tools and interfaces.
Users can improve the performance of a website on a Google search by measuring the site’s search traffic, analyzing impressions, clicks, positions, and fixing issues. No prior knowledge of code is required to use the tool. With Google Console, webmasters can resolve common queries and bring an audience to their site. Whenever a Console monitors issues on your web pages, it alerts you instantly. It helps you to identify URLs affected by those issues and lets you resolve them quickly.
Google Search Console can be helpful to optimize website elements for instance:
- Keywords Rank: Identify the keywords for which your website is currently ranking.
- Crawler Errors: The error occurs when a search engine tries to reach out to the web pages of your website but fails. Google Search Console helps in debugging Crawl errors.
- Analytics and Metric: Google Search Console has features to measure website main metrics. Website metrics helps in measuring website overall performance in term of clicks, impression, the average click-through rate(CTR), and average position in SERP.
- Indexing: Google indexing is required for all web pages of your website to be reachable for crawlers. With Google Search Console you can check the Google Index of your website.
Google Console has helped Saramin, StyleCraze, Monster India, Jobrapido, ZipRecruiter, Eventbrite, and Rakuten companies. All these companies have seen better performance in terms of organic traffic and high ranking.
Google Search Console Pricing Model
The Google Search Console is available to users free of cost to all users having an active Google account.
Check Google Search Console now, and see how you can improve the visibility of your website.
4. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an SEO analytics tool that can help the user to recognize the pattern of how visitors are indulging with the website, identifying the trends. Queries can be executed in Google Analytics to get a better insight in order to find the scope of improvement required.
Google Analytics has free as well as paid versions.
The top 3 features of Google Analytics are as follows:
- Campaign Measurement: Traffic
- Adding parameters to your URLs help in tracking the traffic through the campaign.
- Conversion rate and User Activity:
- Google Analytics Goal feature help in tracking the most significant matric i.e conversion metric.
- Audience Overview Report:
- The audience report gives a colorful picture of your data in the form of line graphs and pie charts. It provides you insights into the characteristics of users based on various metrics.
You can check out the official website of Google Analytics here.
5. Moz Pro
Moz Pro started its journey as a Website SEO Analysis tool in 2004 as a blog. Rand Fishkin and Gillian Muessig designed this blog for SEO experts. Different experts visited this platform to share their ideas and research work. Over time, the blog took the shape of a small consulting firm and allowed founders to design a few SEO tools. And now, you can solve any SEO task through Moz Pro.
The all-in-one SEO toolkit has six features:
- Keyword Research: Moz Pro has been working since 2004 to collect a list of the most comprehensive keyword tools. The bucket of this right keyword tool empowers users to rank their website effectively and target the right audience in less time.
- Rank Tracking: The more you use the right keywords, the more right tracking you’ll achieve. With Moz Pro, you can monitor which keywords are ranking your website up and which are dropping the site’s performance. You can also analyze competitors’ strategies and investigate chances to fill keyword gaps.
- Site Crawl: The best way to boost the traffic of a website is to perform website crawling and auditing. Site Crawl features of Moz Pro monitor the health of a website, for instance, broken links, missing headings, title tags, and more. You can find and fix errors to receive exceptional traffic and peerless ranking.
- On-page Optimization: Moz Pro solution lets you identify customer needs. Thus, you put only those research materials that meet precisely. All in all, it drives more traffic, augments the audience, and boosts ranking.
- Link Research: Webmasters can escalate a quality link profile to acquire recognition and adhesion. You can also gain trusted links from industry and competitors through this feature.
- Custom Reports: Moz Pro delivers you custom reports about your efforts, improvement, and prior activities. You can share this report with your clients, team, and board of directors to attain constructive feedback and to achieve positive results in your efforts.
Zillow, Trivago, Razorfish, Alaska, Aaron’s, and 99designs are the top-notch users of Moz Pro.
Moz Pro Pricing Model
Standard, Medium, Large, and Premium are pricing options of Moz Pro. You can use a free 30-day trial version to understand Moz Pro features.
Try Moz Pro right now and acquire transparency for your business.
6. KW Finder
Like the other SEO Analysis tools, KW Finder has everything you’ll need to start your ranking journey. But unlike other Website SEO Analysis tools, KW finder has an easy-to-use interface and intuitive features. It is already trusted by world-class companies, among which Adidas, RetailMeNot, Alexa, Airbnb, and Skyscanner are common.
KW Finder is a notable and cost-effective research tool that allows companies and brands to find long-tail keywords with low SEO difficulty. Thereby, use the KW Finder SEO tool if you are a beginner and want to probe Website SEO Analytics.
The major drawback of KW Finder is that it doesn’t contain an all-in-one SEO software suite, like its competitors. Conversely, it is an affordable and user-friendly tool that allows you to:
- Search for long-tail keywords.
- Find local and national keywords.
- Search for long-tail keywords used by your competitors.
- Pull out the right list of keywords.
- Remove unprofitable keywords.
- Shape keywords by list.
KW Finder Pricing Model
There are three pricing plans of KW Finder: Basic, Premium, and Agency. You can check budget ranges here or get a 10-day free trial by creating an account at Mangools, which has designed KW Finder, SERPChecker (SERP Analysis), SERPWatcher (Rank Tracking), LinkMiner (Backlink Analysis), and SiteProfiler (SEO Metrics and Insights).
Ubersuggest is a free keyword-finding tool created by Neil Patel that helps you identify keywords as well as the search intent behind them by displaying the top-ranked SERPs. With hundreds of ideas from our free fantastic keyword tool, you can identify the ideal terms to employ on your website, from short to long-tail phrases.
Keyword volume, competition, CPC, and seasonal trends are among the metrics Ubersuggest offers in its reports. This tool can help you decide if a keyword is worth targeting and how competitive it is for both organic SEO and paid PPC.
You can check out the official website of Ubersuggest here.
8. Answer The Public
You may quickly identify themes to write about for your blog using free SEO tools like Answer The Public. This tool can be used to build articles around specific keywords in order to improve my online ranking. Assume you’re in the fitness industry. This free SEO tool may be used to build content around keywords such as fitness, yoga, jogging, Crossfit, and exercise, and it can be used to cover the entire spectrum.
It’s fantastic for discovering featured snippet chances. If you engage a freelancer to write content for you, all you have to do is download and send them this list. It would take you only five minutes, making it one of the most expedient ways to generate SEO subjects for new websites.
You can check out the official website of Answer The Public here.
While SpyFu’s subscription version is fantastic, several of the experts praised its free features. If you’re just getting started, you can simply progress to the paid features as your business grows. You can quickly see how many times a keyword is searched each month and determine how challenging it is to rank for that keyword. You may also look into your competitors’ keywords to see which ones they employ.
You can also use Google Ads to search your competitor’s or your own website to see how many organic keywords they have, how many monthly clicks they get, who their paid and organic competitors are, and what Google Ads campaigns they’re running. It’s one of the most in-depth Website SEO Analysis tools available.
You can check out the official website of SpyFu here.
Woorank, a leading Website SEO analysis tool, provides both free and paid alternatives for tracking and reporting marketing data. You can enter in your competitors’ names to see the keywords they’re after so you can target the same ones. To optimize for consumers and search engines in the best way possible, try to learn how keywords perform over time.
The most crucial aspect is to recognize what your website is missing in terms of both technical and content. Woorank can assist you with identifying duplicate content, downtime, and security issues, as well as providing recommendations for how to resolve them.
You can check out the official website of Woorank here.
According to experts, Majestic is one of the greatest marketing Website SEO Analysis tools. It contains a plethora of useful features, such as The Majestic Million, which displays the ranking of the top million websites. It helps you answer questions like: Is your website one of those that made the cut?
The Site Explorer function gives you a quick overview of your site as well as the number of backlinks it has. It may also be used as an SEO keyword tool to determine the best keywords to target, with capabilities such as site comparisons and rank tracking.
You can check out the official website of Majestic here.
SEOQuake is widely regarded as one of the greatest free SEO tools available. This Chrome extension is an SEO checker that runs on-page site audits, evaluates both internal and external links, and performs website comparisons to see how you compare to your competition.
Keyword Analysis, such as keyword density, an easy-to-read SEO dashboard, and an export option that allows you to easily download and share data with important members of your team are among the other features of this Website SEO analysis tool.
You can check out the official website of SEOQuake here.
Siteliner is a duplicate content checker application that can help you detect duplicate content on your website. Content that is identical to that found on other websites. Google punishes websites that use it.
You may scan your entire website with SEO tools like this one to look for duplicate content, broken links, average page size and speed, the number of internal links per page, and more. It also compares your website to the average of all websites that have been assessed with this tool, so you can see where you stand.
You can check out the official website of Siteliner here.
SEO FatRank, a Chrome extension, makes it simple to analyze the performance of your website. This SEO keyword tool will tell you how well your keywords are performing.
You can use keywords to narrow down your search and see your rank per page for each phrase you optimized for. It will tell you that you aren’t ranking for that term if you aren’t in the first 100 results. This data enables you to better optimize your website for that keyword and make any improvements.
You can check out the official website of Fat Rank here.
15. Screaming Frog
Ribbit Experts consider Screaming Frog to be one of the top SEO tools available online. They appreciate how much time they save while using this application to execute site audits because it analyses your website so quickly.
Many users feel that Screaming Frog provides insights faster than most SEO tools available online. This tool also alerts you to duplicate material, problems that need to be fixed, incorrect redirections, and spots where link building may be improved. Top SEO specialists rated their SEO Spider tool as the finest feature.
You can check out the official website of Screaming Frog here.
16. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is a set of 4 desktop SEO tools — Rank Tracker, WebSite Auditor, SEO SpyGlass, and LinkAssistant — covering the key aspects of search engine optimization.
Founded in 2004, SEO PowerSuite is popular with SEO agencies and individual specialists all over the world. The search engine optimization software has evolved greatly and keeps adding the latest features to its functionality.
With SEO PowerSuite, you can:
- Perform keyword research. Rank Tracker offers 20+ methods of keyword research, which lets you find new keywords based on search trends, autocomplete ideas, Google Keyword Planner suggestions, etc. You can check how your competitors use keywords and borrow their best practices, too. What’s more, you can check each keyword’s positions, organic popularity, CPC details, difficulty, SERP features they trigger, and many other metrics to choose the most relevant keywords for your website.
- Check your rankings. Rank Tracker lets you see how you rank for different keywords in the different search engines you need. Moreover, you can specify users’ locations up to a street.
- Fully audit your website. With WebSite Auditor, you can check the state of technical and on-page SEO of your website to see if anything needs urgent improvement. The tool will thoroughly crawl your website and list all the issues detected, offering solutions on how to fix them. Check Core Web Vitals in detail, keep an eye on site structure, monitor the health of redirects and on-page elements, etc.
- Optimize content. The Content Editor module of WebSite Auditor lets you optimize your page right in the tool, with all the suggestions based on top 10 SERP competitors. You can then download a PDF file and pass it to your writers.
- Audit your backlinks. Use SEO SpyGlass to check the backlinks your website has, and monitor how they change as time goes by. Detect suspicious falls and spikes and keep an eye on linking websites’ Domain Authority. Find sites that link to your competitors but not yet to you and try to reach out to them for backlinks.
- Find backlink prospects and reach out to them. LinkAssistant lets you search for backlink prospects based on the type of content and niche, pick their contacts, and launch an outreach campaign.
- Integrate with Google Analytics and Search Console. Connect SEO PowerSuite tools with your GA and GSC accounts to get even more accurate data on the organic stats of your website.
SEO PowerSuite has Professional and Enterprise paid licenses. If you need to test the software before you buy a license, you can download a free version (doesn’t allow you to save projects and is fine for time-to-time ranking SEO checks).
Serpstat is a growth-hacking platform that helps you achieve your SEO, PPC, and content marketing objectives. Serpstat will be a terrific choice if you’re seeking an economical all-in-one tool to tackle SEO duties, assess competition, and manage your staff.
Many professionals are now using the program because it has keyword and competitor analysis data for all of Google’s global areas. Serpstat is also well-known for its impressive features. The most popular is a tool called Missing Keywords, which shows you which keywords your competitors are ranking for in the top 10 search results but you aren’t.
You can check out the official website of Serpstat here.
18. Google Trends
For newbie business ventures finding the popular topics and ideas in their industry niche. Google Trends does not provide the minute details but give an overview of people’s interest and current trends regarding topics or term.
Results you can get from Google trends are as follows:
- Give the comparative pictorial view of the topic trend in all the world. The trend varies from location to location can be analyzed.
- Not only the current time zone, but you can also analyze the trend over time for competitive analysis.
- Keywords research regarding the topic along with LSI keywords can be obtained with Google Trends.
- You can find the niche for the product.
- Social media marketing and content writing ideas can be found through Google trends.
You can check out the official website of Google Trends here.
19. UpCity Free SEO Report Card
The Free SEO Report Card gives you an overview of your score, rankings, onsite optimization of your website. UpCity gives you a competitive analysis of how your website is ranking versus your competitors.
After providing the required details and clicking Create my report button, an SEO report card is generated giving you the following points in result:
- Rank analysis: It gives the snapshot of where your website is ranked on Google, Binge, and Yahoo search engines.
- Link Building: Number of websites that have linked back to your website. A comparison chart with your competitor’s link-building profile is also provided.
- Onsite analysis: A measure of how the main keyword is incorporated into your website.
- Trust Metric: A measure to show the authority and trust level of your website.
- Website accessibility: It shows the Crawlability factor and loading speed of your website. Website must behave crawlable and quick loading speed as well.
- Current Indexing: It indicates the one or more webpage of your website are stored in a database or indexed or not. Website pages must be indexed in order to appear in the SERP results.
You can check out the official website of UpCity Free SEO Report Card here.
20. Keywords Everywhere
Keywords Everywhere is an add-on for Chrome and Firefox browsers. The result of Keyword Everywhere shows you show monthly search volume, (Cost Per click)CPC, and competition data of keywords on multiple websites.
The top 3 features of Keyword Everywhere are as follows:
- Keyword Everywhere is free of cost extension.
- Monthly Search Volume can also be found with the tool.
- “People Also Search For” information along with volume also provided by the tool.
You can check out the official website of Keywords Everywhere here.
According to BrightEdge Research work, SEO drives 1000%+ more traffic than organic social media platforms. It’s quite impressive stats, but you need a Website SEO Analysis tool to gain this organic traffic. The purpose of using Website SEO Analysis tools is to acquire more visibility, drive traffic, and remove unprofitable content.
By keeping this in mind, you have seen the best 5 Website SEO Analytics tools in this blog post after exploring their importance in a business and getting a thorough understanding of Website SEO Analysis. You can select any one of them depending upon your budget and Marketing needs. Let us know what’s your favorite SEO tool in the comment section.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day! Hevo offers a faster way to move data from Databases or SaaS applications into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code. You can try Hevo for free by signing up for a 14-day free trial. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!