Integrating Twitter feeds on your website adds value to your business and makes it look more professional, draws visitors’ attention, and demonstrates how socially engaged you are. Today, being socially involved is essential as it aids site owners in expanding their brand awareness through increased engagement. For setting up the WordPress Twitter Integration, you can use several free and paid WordPress plugins allowing you to insert Twitter Feeds into your WordPress website.
In this article, you will learn how to set up WordPress Twitter Integration using a plugin. You will also learn about the top 4 WordPress Twitter Integration Plugins.
Table of Contents
- What is WordPress?
- What is Twitter?
- How to set up WordPress Twitter Integration?
- Best WordPress Twitter Integration Plugins
What is WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular, accessible, and trustworthy platforms for building a website or blog. It is responsible for 42.0 percent of all Internet web pages. Today, more than 25 percent of the websites you visit are likely to be powered by WordPress.
WordPress is a well-known Free and Open-Source Content Management System (CMS) released under the GPLv2 license, which means that anybody can use or modify it. A CMS is a software program that allows you to manage critical aspects of your website, such as content, without even writing a single line of code.
WordPress began as a Blog-Publishing Platform, but it has now expanded to include more use cases like Media Galleries, Membership Sites, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and Online Commerce.
What is Twitter?
Twitter, Inc. is a Microblogging and Social Networking Website established in San Francisco, California, with more than 25 offices worldwide. “Tweets” are communications that users can send and receive to interact with one another over the platform. Twitter is accessible by browser or mobile front-end applications and programmatically through its APIs.
Twitter can be a great tool for building a following and giving good content to your audience before they become consumers. Businesses may also use Twitter to make personal and meaningful connections with their audience. They can “like” or “retweet” someone’s comment if it highlights one of your products or services. Alternatively, if a consumer expresses dissatisfaction with your services on Twitter, companies may respond immediately to address the issue.
Simplify WordPress ETL and Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free sources like Twitter Ads) and will let you directly load data from WordPress & Twitter Ads to a Data Warehouse or the Destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms such as WordPress, Twitter Ads, FTP/SFTP, Files, Databases, BI tools, and Native REST API & Webhooks Connectors. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt, Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; Databricks; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- An active Twitter account.
How to set up WordPress Twitter Integration?
Organizations may leverage Twitter in combination with their existing WordPress website to better interact with their customers. WordPress Twitter Integration will save time by repurposing the same content in several places, providing additional value to website visitors. To set up WordPress Twitter Integration for your WordPress Website, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Install the plugin
- Step 2: Link the Twitter Account
- Step 3: Choose your customization
- Step 4: Style your Twitter Feed
- Step 5: Publish your Twitter Feed
Step 1: Install The Plugin
To begin with, download the Smash Balloon’s Twitter plugin on your system. Then, you’ll have to upload the plugin to your WordPress website. Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin > Choose File. Select the downloaded plugin file and click on the Install Now button. After installation, activate the plugin.
Step 2: Link the Twitter Account
The next step is to link the plugin to your Twitter account. On the left-hand panel of your WordPress dashboard, click on the Twitter Feeds option. It will redirect you to the screen where you can connect your Twitter account and configure your feed. You can link your Twitter account manually or use the quick connect option.
Step 3: Choose your customization
- Step 1: Choose the type of feed you want to display on your website and then the number of Tweets you want to show in your feed below that.
- Step 2: Click on the Save Changes button.
- Step 3: Next, click on the Customize tab at the top of your screen to customize your Twitter feed. You can now see choices to modify the width and height of your feeds, select layouts, and apply custom CSS classes.
Step 4: Style your Twitter Feed
After completing the Customization step in your WordPress Twitter Integration process, click on the Style tab on the top of your screen to customize your WordPress Twitter feed.
You can modify the following style settings on this page:
- General feed and tweet background-color
- Header color and text
- Timezone and date format
- Author information
- Link text and color
- Retweet box text size and weight
- Tweet actions color and text
- Load more button color and text
Click on the Save button to complete this styling step in the WordPress Twitter Integration process.
Step 5: Publish your Twitter Feed
- Step 1: Go to Pages/Posts > Add New to use the WordPress Block Editor to integrate your Twitter feed into a post or page. (Note: You can add it to the existing pages/posts)
- Step 2: Then, to create a new WordPress block, click the Plus (+) symbol.
- Step 3: Search for Twitter Feed and click on the ‘Twitter Feed’ block to add it to your page and see a preview of your feed.
- Step 4: Publish the post/page.
Congratulations! The WordPress Twitter Integration is successfully completed.
Best WordPress Twitter Integration Plugins
1. FS Poster
FS Poster is a WordPress Twitter Integration plugin that automatically republishes the updates or new posts on Twitter whenever users make an update or create a new post on WordPress. As a business owner or content provider, you want to keep your clients or visitors up-to-date with new announcements, blog posts, and offers, not only on WordPress but also on the various social networking platforms that you use. This WordPress plugin simplifies the process by managing your social media channels like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Tumblr, from within your website backend.
It has different pricing options ranging from $45 annually to $275 yearly.
2. Smash Balloon
Smash Balloon is one of the finest WordPress Twitter plugins in the market, allowing you to create, tweak, and display Twitter information on your WordPress site. This WordPress Twitter Integration plugin replicates your website’s existing layout, ensuring that your feeds on the WordPress site are automatically appealing. Its Custom Twitter template supports the conventional WordPress editor and the block editor.
Smash Balloon has four pricing plans: Personal, Business, Developer, and All Access Bundle priced at $49/year, $99/year, $149/year, and $299/year, respectively. There is also a free plan, but it doesn’t have advanced features.
3. Revive Old Post
Revive Old Posts allows you to effortlessly post old articles to your social media platforms on a predefined timetable. This WordPress Twitter Integration Plugin will enable you to keep your Twitter timeline active all day without manually scheduling tweets. Once you’ve completed the setup, it will automatically share your past posts in the background. You may pause it at any moment, set a period range, and exclude particular categories and tags.
Revive Old Post comes with three different pricing plans; the first is Personal, which costs $75/year and $225/lifetime. The second one is Business which costs $149/year and $447/lifetime. The last one is Marketer, which costs $299/year and $897/lifetime.
4. AccessPress Twitter Feed
AccessPress Twitter Feed is a WordPress plugin dedicated to Twitter that includes more than 20 different templates to display your Twitter feed on your WordPress website. This WordPress Twitter Integration plugin includes three distinct styles for displaying your most recent feeds: default, slider, and ticker. It’s an entirely responsive and simple-to-use plugin that can be set up and used in just a few minutes.
This WordPress Twitter Integration plugin allows you to customize the number of tweets displayed, the tweet date and time format, how tweets are shown in the slider, and much more. Pro pricing costs $17 + $4.50 to extend support for 12 months.
In this article, you have learned how to set up the WordPress Twitter Integration via a plugin. You have also learned about the top 4 WordPress Twitter Integration Plugins. The WordPress Twitter Integration is the key to keeping users engaged, either through automatically posting new blog posts on Twitter or showcasing Tweets on your WordPress website. Besides, reposting your content manually on Twitter is time-consuming and becomes challenging to keep up with your rapidly expanding social media networks. Consequently, you should leverage plugins that can help you in repositing old but relevant content automatically.
You would be using a huge collection of applications in your business for Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Sales, etc apart from WordPress. As business gradually grows, massive amounts of data associated with your customer, products, or services is generated at an exponential rate. To efficiently process this data for further business analysis you would require to invest a section of your Engineering bandwidth to Integrate, Clean, Transform and Load your data into a Data Warehouse for further business analysis. All of this can be comfortably automated by a Cloud-Based ETL Tool like Hevo Data.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-Code Data Pipeline can seamlessly transfer your data from a collection of sources like WordPress into a Data Warehouse or a destination of your choice. It is a reliable, secure, and fully automated service that does not require you to write any code!
If you are using Website Creation platforms such as WordPress and Social Media Channels like Twitter for Marketing and looking for a stress-free alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can effortlessly automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 40+ Free Sources like Twitter Ads), allows you to not only export & load Data but also transform & enrich your Data & make it analysis-ready.
Share with us your experience of setting up the WordPress Twitter Integration. Let us know in the comments section below!