Companies analyze their business data to make smarter data-driven business decisions. They can use their business data related to performance, and business activities to analyze and optimize their workflow. An organization usually uses Project management applications to track and monitor its business activities. Asana is a workflow management application that helps organizations to organize and manage their work and keep up teams in sync.
Companies can analyze data from Asana and use it to optimize their workflow, improve team collaboration, etc. with the help of Data Visualization tools and reporting tools such as Power BI. It is an enterprise Business Intelligence tool used for Data Analytics and Visualization. Asana Power BI INtegration can help companies analyze their workflow data with ease and help them improve their activities for better results.
Asana Power BI Connector is available on Power BI that allows users to flow their data from Asana to Power BI and keep them in sync. In this article, you will learn about the steps to set up the Asana Power BI Integration, Also read about the features and benefits of using Asana Power BI Integration.
Table of Contents
What is Asana?
Asana is a web and mobile SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) based platform for work management. It helps companies and different teams to organize, track, monitor, and manage their work with versatility in team collaboration. Asana was founded by Moskovitz and Rosenstein and commercially launched in April 2012. With the help of Asana, everyone in the organization can follow the plan and do the right work at the right time ensuring that teams collaborate efficiently and know who is doing what and when.
Companies can streamline their workflows using Asana, as it comes with customizable dashboards that help users streamline tasks, handle projects, and generate reports. Asana unifies all the data for you and allows users to analyze their business activities, work progress, performance, and issues regarding projects and then optimize the workflow. Teams can break down their projects into smaller tasks and handle each task individually.
Key Features of Asana
Some of the main features of Asana are listed below:
- Bug Tracking: Asana allows Developers to report and track the bugs so that they can give more time to fix those in order instead of other tasks. Also, Asana comes with a Bug Tracking template that helps users easily set up and organize tasks easily.
- Security: Asana comes with in-built controls for the management of both guests and teams so that they can collaborate securely. Also, project managers have privacy control access to lock down projects with comments-only permissions.
- Mobile Support: Users can also access Asana on mobile and monitor activity, assign tasks and manage the workflow even while traveling.
- Integrations: Asana offers many built-in integrations with 3rd party apps and services such as Google calendar, Salesforce, Slack, etc.
To learn more about Asana, click here.
Hevo Data, a Fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, can help you automate, simplify & enrich your data replication process in a few clicks. With Hevo’s wide variety of connectors and blazing-fast Data Pipelines, you can extract & load data from 100+ Data Sources like Asana straight into your Data Warehouse or any Databases. To further streamline and prepare your data for analysis, you can process and enrich raw granular data using Hevo’s robust & built-in Transformation Layer without writing a single line of code!
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable data replication platform that will save your engineering bandwidth and time multifold. Try our 14-day full access free trial today to experience an entirely automated hassle-free Data Replication!
What is Power BI?
Power BI is a suite of enterprise Business Intelligence tools, reporting, and Data Visualization products developed by Microsoft for individuals and teams to make smarter data-driven decisions. With the help of Power BI, companies can analyze their data using built-in tools specially crafted for drilling down into data, generating reports, and gaining insights. Power BI helps users to aggregate, analyze, visualize and share data.
Power BI is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based platform and users can access it on Desktop, mobile, and on-premise servers. It offers integration with a plethora of data sources using built-in connectors to load data. It simplifies analysis using Machine Learning support and advanced graphs, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), charts, etc.
Key Features of Power BI
Some of the main features of Power BI are listed below:
- Shareable Reports: Power BI allows its users to create and share their reports easily with other team members or guests.
- Visualization: Power BI uses Machine Learning to prepare data for you, build models, and generate insights using structured or unstructured data to simplify Data Analytics.
- Hybrid Development: Power BI offers integrations with many connectors that allow users to connect to various data sources.
- Quick Insights: Power BI makes it easier for users to create subsets of data and automatically perform Data Analytics on that information.
To know more about Power BI, click here.
Providing a high-quality ETL solution can be a difficult task if you have a large volume of data. Hevo’s automated, No-code platform empowers you with everything you need to have for a smooth data replication experience.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: Hevo requires no management and maintenance as it is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: Hevo provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Faster Insight Generation: Hevo offers near real-time data replication so you have access to real-time insight generation and faster decision making.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (with 40+ free sources) that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
How to Set Up Asana Power BI Integration?
Now that you have understood about Asana and Power BI. In this section, you will learn about the steps to set up the Asana Power BI Integration. For this, you need to use the Asana Power BI Connector that will allow you to directly retrieve Asana data about the Tasks to the Power BI. You should ensure that the following things are fully completed before syncing data through Asana Power BI Connector in Power BI, listed below:
- Custom Fields on Tasks
- Standard Tasks details such as Title, Assignee, due date, etc.
- Parent Project data
The following steps to set up Asana Power BI Integration are listed below:
- First, open your Power BI Desktop.
- Then, navigate to the “Home” menu and select the “Get Data” option.
- Here, choose the “Online Services” option.
- Next, find and click on the “Asana” option.
- Finally, click on the “Connect” button, as shown in the image below.
- Now, you will be prompted to provide a link, for this select the valid Portfolio, Team, or Project link for Asana Power BI Integration.
- Then, click on the “Ok” button.
- Now, you will be asked to sign in to your Asana account. Provide all the necessary credentials and grant the permissions required to connect Asana Power BI to retrieve your data from Asana.
- Note that the user must have access to the data who is signing in.
- Open the “Navigator” in Power BI Desktop.
- Here, select the checkbox for the “Tasks” option.
- You can also transform the retrieved data based on your requirements before building the dashboard.
- Then click on the “Load” button, as shown in the image below.
- This will start syncing your Tasks from Asana to Power BI. The data syncing process between Asana Power BI can take from a few seconds to 10 minutes depending on the size of data of the Team or Portfolio.
- Once the data is loaded successfully, you can start creating dashboards.
That’s it! You have completed the Asana Power BI Integration.
Limitations of the Manual Connection
A few limitations of using the manual method for Asana Power BI Integration using connector are given below:
- Asana Power BI Connector only supports projects with less than 10k tasks.
- Asana Power BI consumes time in loading data from Asana to Power BI which is not a much more efficient method.
Benefits of Asana Power BI Integration
Some of the benefits of using Asana Power BI Connector are listed below:
- Shareable Reports: Asana Power BI Integration allows users to combine Asana data with the insights generated from other business tools and share a complete profile of the team performance.
- Visual Data: Using Asana Power BI Integration, users can build actionable dashboards and also customize them based on their requirements. With the help of custom Fields, users can get real-time insights into their projects and workflows.
- Optimize Processes: Asana Power BI Integration enables companies to measure, track and monitor the progress of the team goals so that they can analyze and identify the project efficiencies and bottlenecks.
In this article, you learned about the steps to set up Asana Power BI Integration. Also, you read about the features and benefits of using Asana Power BI Integration. Asana is one of the commonly used work management applications in companies and analyzing business data is essential for companies to grow and make smarter decisions.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Asana stores valuable company data that can be loaded into Data Warehouses and analyzed with other operational data to generate insights and optimize the overall business activity. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from Asana to your desired destination. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ data sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Asana Power BI Integration in the comments section below!