In a data-driven economy, organizations that want to expand should constantly prioritize enhancing the customer experience. As a result, corporate executives must ensure that the organization has the tools necessary to deliver exceptional client experiences. To better understand the customer base and enhance the conversion rate, companies are incorporating the use of a CRM into their businesses. However, they are only as useful as the data amassed, so it’s critical to record everything from initial customer contact through detailed descriptions of all communications.
With the increasing popularity of e-commerce sites and digital stores, brands can rely on CRM tools specially built for the e-commerce sector to better understand the customer journey, convert prospective customers into loyal users, and aid in the management of customer support. Drip is a unique Customer Relationship Management tool designed specifically for e-commerce businesses throughout the world. Drip, when further paired with a cloud data warehouse like Snowflake, can augment its offering by quickly combing the entire data and analyzing customer journey performance.
This article will explain the steps to connect Drip to Snowflake along with a brief introduction to both with their key features. It also explains the limitations of connecting Drip to Snowflake.
- Fundamental understanding of integration
What is Drip?
Drip is an email CRM marketing platform for e-commerce marketers. It can be used to create new leads by delivering compelling forms at a pre-decided time and geographical area. Drip also allows you to send out persuasive promotional emails, SMS messages, support emails, and follow-ups to consumers who abandoned their shopping carts.
Drip derives its name from the mode of communication of the same name, i.e., drip marketing. It’s a type of direct marketing technique in which marketing content is periodically delivered to potential consumers over a certain length of time. This strategy is typically employed in prolonged sales cycles, such as high-ticket products or enterprise-level sales, non-profit membership, or nurturing possibly broader or longer client lifecycles or lifetime values.
A drip marketing strategy, in essence, delivers a pre-written sequence of communications to consumers or prospects over time, or “drips.” These communications are frequently in the form of email marketing, which is sent out automatically in response to certain events or actions. For example, consider a scenario where a user creates an account or abandons their shopping basket without checking out. This necessitates a welcome email within the following hour or day, as well as a reminder email to encourage your consumer to complete the purchase process.
The drip functionality allows Drip to cater to not only an e-commerce store but any website or app looking for email marketing automation. While every Drip feature is tailored to e-commerce campaigns, you can also set Drip to automatically send emails in response to a website visitor’s activities.
Key Features of Drip
- Marketing Automation: If you’re running a marketing campaign, this Drip feature is perfect for you. It prioritizes and concentrates on email marketing, which is where e-commerce businesses should put their efforts. Drip is the most reliable option for SMS and email automation.
- Personalization: Another essential purpose that Drip features strive to fulfill is personalization. Drip offers extensive segmentation based on activities, such as clicks, sales, emails opened, and more, which allows you to reach clients depending on their preferences. In addition, this also helps you fine-tune your marketing for each buyer by creating profoundly specific emails to subscribers that suit a particular profile.
- Integrations: One of Drip’s most significant features is the ability to integrate with other programs. Drip partners with over 100 companies to improve workflow functionality. You can use it not just with Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento, but also with Kajabi, Leadpages, Facebook Custom Audiences, OptinMonster, PayPal, Stripe, Typeform, and Zapier. This allows you to execute multi-channel marketing quickly.
- Tracking Actions Influenced by Behavior: Drip’s customer insights can be used to trigger numerous marketing activities depending on your customers’ activity, such as scheduled email campaigns, retargeting, and more. This way, you’ll always be able to send the proper emails or show the right advertising.
- A/B testing: It doesn’t matter how good you are at creating emails; you won’t know what works unless you test it. Drip has an A/B testing feature that allows marketers to test two versions of the same page simultaneously and compare the results. You can observe which version receives the most views, clicks, and income. Consequently, you’ll be able to make the required adjustments to improve the conversion rate of your emails.
- Cross-Channel Marketing: Drip’s sophisticated consumer behavioral analytics increase your advertising retargeting capabilities, allowing you to offer customers the most relevant advertisements possible across various channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and others.
- Reporting: You can monitor customers and group them to understand their progress better using the built-in reporting features. This allows you to make tweaks to your Drip campaigns as they progress. You can leverage the visual reporting to track conversions, create native reports and adaptable dashboards, and establish a standard or proprietary datasets that can readily be exported for use with other tools.
What is Snowflake?
Snowflake is a cloud data warehouse platform that is offered as a SaaS solution to the users. It leverages the ANSI SQL protocol that allows it to handle structured and semi-structured data formats like JSON, XML, and Parquet.
Snowflake employs shared disk architecture, which allows all compute nodes in the platform to access a common data repository for persisting data. Snowflake also executes queries utilizing MPP compute clusters, which use shared-nothing architecture to store a subset of the complete data set locally on each node in the cluster, which helps with performance control. In a shared-nothing configuration, each computational node has its own private memory and storage or disk space.
In Snowflake, virtual warehouses are formed by combining many computing clusters. To access the same storage layer, numerous virtual warehouses may be built without the requirement for multiple copies of the data in each warehouse. These virtual warehouses may be scaled up and down with little to no downtime or storage effect.
Key Features of Snowflake
- Scalability: Snowflake’s multi-cluster architecture facilitates separate computing and storage resources. This design allows it to scale up and down in accordance with business needs. Users of Snowflake also have access to auto-scaling features, enabling Snowflake to start and terminate clusters automatically during resource-intensive processes.
- Better Analytics: By switching from nightly batch loads to real-time data streams, Snowflake helps optimize your analytics workflow. Providing safe, concurrent, and controlled access to your data warehouse throughout your organization may improve the quality of your analytics. This enables companies to effectively use resources to maximize income while lowering expenses and reducing human labor.
- Cloning: Another key aspect of the Snowflake cloud data warehouse is cloning. The zero-copy functionality in Snowflake allows you to quickly clone any database or table without having to produce a new copy. It does it by keeping track of clone changes in its metadata store while still referring to the same data files in the backend. Zero-copy cloning has the benefit of allowing you to create several independent clones of the same data without incurring additional costs. You can use the Snowflake clone functionality to make an exact replica of any Snowflake object, including databases, schemas, and tables. Snowflakes frequently make a near-real-time replica of an item.
Hevo Data, a Fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, can help you automate, simplify & enrich your data replication process in a few clicks. With Hevo’s wide variety of connectors and blazing-fast Data Pipelines, you can extract & load data from 100+ Data Sources straight into your Data Warehouse or any Databases. To further streamline and prepare your data for analysis, you can process and enrich raw granular data using Hevo’s robust & built-in Transformation Layer without writing a single line of code!
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Hevo is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable data replication platform that will save your engineering bandwidth and time multifold. Try our 14-day full access free trial today to experience an entirely automated hassle-free Data Replication!
Drip to Snowflake Connection Process
Drip to Snowflake Integration is done to ensure consistent data, timely data delivery, and improved analytics. This allows you to quickly and efficiently obtain data and insights on new customer purchases and other topics.
Here, we shall first export our data from Drip to our system and then transfer the files from our system to Snowflake through its web interface to perform Drip to Snowflake Integration.
Step 1: Exporting Data from Drip
1) For Exporting People List
The first step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to create a CSV file, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to People > Active to connect Drip to Snowflake.
- Step 2: Use the filter to select the export section you want, or leave it blank to export the whole list.
- Step 3: Select Actions > Export to CSV from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Click the Okay button to connect Drip to Snowflake.
An email with a link to the CSV file will be sent to the email address you use to log in, which can be found in Settings > User Settings.
2) Export Account-wide Data
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to export account-wide data, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Settings > Account > Export Account from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Click Export Account > Okay to connect Drip to Snowflake.
An email with a link to the CSV file will be sent to the email address you use to log in, which can be found in Settings > User Settings.
An Account Export contains the following information:
- People List
- Email Series Campaigns
3) Export Analytics
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to generate an Email Metrics report for a specific campaign and export the contact list to a CSV file, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Select Email Metrics from the drop-down menu in Analytics.
- Step 2: Choose between a single email campaign, an email series, or a workflow email.
- Step 3: Choose a specific email address.
- Step 4: Select the date range for the report and then click Apply.
- Step 5: Select CSV as your export format.
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to download email metrics in bulk to a CSV file, follow these steps:
To access Email Metrics, go to Settings > Analytics > Email Metrics.
- Step 1: Select Bulk Download from the menu bar.
- Step 2: Choose between a single email campaign, a series of emails, or a workflow email.
- Step 3: Select a start date by clicking Start Date and using the calendar.
- Step 4: Select an end date by clicking End Date and using the calendar.
- Step 5: Select “Download Report” from the drop-down menu in Drip to Snowflake connection.
In both scenarios, an email with a link to the CSV file will be sent to the email address you use to log in, which can be found in Settings > User Settings.
Step 2: Importing Data via the Snowflake Web Interface
1) Start Loading Data
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to download data.
- Step 1: Click on Data > Databases.
- Step 2: To see the items in a database, click on the database’s link.
- Step 3: Click on the table by selecting a row and then loading it, or by selecting the table name and then clicking the load button.
- Step 4: The data loading wizard appears, which will insert data into the table you requested in Drip to Snowflake connection.
Choosing Preferred Warehouse
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to choose preferred warehouse.
- Step 1: Because Snowflake stores data in warehouses, choose one from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: After that, click the Next button to connect Drip to Snowflake.
2) Loading Files
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to load files.
- Step 1:Click Load files from your computer, followed by the Select Files option.
- Step 2: After selecting one or more local data files, click the Open option.
- Step 3: After that, press the Next key to connect Drip to Snowflake.
3) Choosing a File Format
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to choose a file format.
For an already existing file format:
- Step 1: Select an existing file format, then click Next.
To Create a New File Format:
- Step 1: Click the plus (+) symbol next to the drop-down list.
- Step 2: Fill in the fields on the screen to match the format of your data files.
- Step 3: Click the Finish button.
- Step 4: Choose your new named file format from the drop-down list.
- Step 5: Then hit the Next button.
4) Configuring Load Options
The next step in Drip to Snowflake Integration is to configure load options.
- Step 1: If the data files include errors, specify how Snowflake should respond.
- Step 2: Choose the Load option. Snowflake imports data into your chosen table using the warehouse you choose.
- Step 3: After that, click the OK button. The data loading wizard terminates.
Providing a high-quality ETL solution can be a difficult task if you have a large volume of data. Hevo’s automated, No-code platform empowers you with everything you need to have for a smooth data replication experience.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
- Fully Managed: Hevo requires no management and maintenance as it is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: Hevo provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Faster Insight Generation: Hevo offers near real-time data replication so you have access to real-time insight generation and faster decision making.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (with 40+ free sources) that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Limitations of Drip to Snowflake Connection
Connecting Drip to Snowflake manually is a straightforward method, especially when you are not working with big data and do not need real-time information. But, in this competitive market, obtaining real-time data can uniquely position you to achieve your business goals. A manual process can also increase your effort in cleaning the data since human errors are a major concern for obtaining quality data. To eliminate data quality issues due to human error, you must leverage no-code or low-code ETL platforms.
Connecting Drip to Snowflake can allow users to take advantage of the scalability functionalities of the latter, which shall help you analyze data with BI and machine learning techniques to make better decisions. The article discusses an easy and intuitive way to connect Drip to Snowflake. However, as it is a laborious and time-consuming approach, switching to ETL pipeline technologies like Hevo Data for efficient and real-time data migration will prove valuable.
However, as a Developer, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Databases, CRMs, Project management Tools, Streaming Services, and Marketing Platforms to your Database can seem to be quite challenging. If you are from non-technical background or are new in the game of data warehouse and analytics, Hevo Data can help!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc. This platform allows you to transfer data from 100+ multiple sources to Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc. It will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!