Snowflake is a common network where you can examine your several analytic workloads, and share the organized data handily and securely. It is a cloud data management service provider. Snowflake also permits you to govern, discover and implement diverse data with a safe and user-friendly interface. Snowflake offers a wide range of Integration support, in this article, you will see Excel Snowflake Integration.
In this article, you will also get to read about what Snowflake is and what are the key features of a Snowflake. You will also get to know about Microsoft Excel and the different key features of Microsoft Excel which helps in business management and analysis. Further, we have discussed different methods for Excel Snowflake Integration.
What is Snowflake?
A Snowflake is a Software as a service platform where it procures a data warehouse in which you can catalog and investigate the data. Snowflake is assembled in such a manner that there is no need for hardware and software to enroll, configure and manage. Management, maintenance, and tuning are done by the Snowflake itself. Snowflake is manufactured architecturally by three main elements which make Snowflake a prominent cloud data management and a truly Software as a service offering. The three main elements of Snowflake are as follows
Key Features of Snowflake
- Security: In Snowflake, you can select the geographical location for the storage of data. Also, credentials feature is available to secure the data. The communication between the client and you is also protected using TLS.
- Standard and extended SQL: Snowflake contains most DDL and DML in SQL. Additionally, it also offers the most advanced DML in Snowflake that helps in analytical extension.
- Tools and interfaces: Virtual warehouse and management of data are done using GUI and command line.
- Connectivity: Snowflake offers a free trial and a wide ecosystem that is supported by third partners and technology.
- Data sharing: Using Snowflake you can upload and download unlimited data and secure it in Snowflake.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Salesforce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 150+ data sources (including 40+ free data sources) like Asana and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
What is Microsoft Excel?
Microsoft Excel is the most widely and preferably used tool for the analysis and storing of data. Microsoft Excel is a platform that provides a spreadsheet format to store data. With the help of Microsoft Excel, you can manipulate, visualize and analyze the data according to your convenience.
Microsoft Excel offers you chart, sort, and filter formats. It becomes very easy to manage and grow your business because of Microsoft Excel. If you want to calculate the whole spreadsheet or create the lab report, everything can be done with Microsoft Excel. There are plenty of rows and columns available in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet which helps in loading large no. of data into one file. You can use different templates to make it user-friendly in appearance.
Key features of Microsoft Excel
Feature of find and replace
With help of Microsoft Excel, you can find the specific data from the file and can replace the data you do not want in your file within seconds.
With password security per user for Microsoft Excel files, you save your workbook from unauthorized access.
Filtration of data
It is one of the biggest advantages of having Microsoft Excel. With Microsoft Excel, you can easily filter the data at your convenience. There are mainly two filters in Microsoft Excel i.e. first is an auto filter for simple filtration and selective filtration and the other is an advanced filter for complex filtration.
Sorting of data
With Microsoft Excel, you can easily sort out the data in ascending and descending order and analyze the growth or reduction in business.
You can sum, divide, multiply or minimize the data using formulas in Microsoft Excel. With the formula auditing feature, it is easy to track the relationship between the cell’s formulas.
Charts and graphs
Microsoft Excel allows you to create a pie- chart or graph, which helps in analyzing the data in a very simple way.
What are the Methods for Excel Snowflake Integration?
There are mainly two methods by which you can perform Excel Snowflake Integration.
Excel Snowflake Method 1: Using Web interface to load Excel data as a CSV file
There are mainly 5 steps to load Excel data as a CSV file using the Web interface
Excel Snowflake Step 1: Starting Load Wizard
Select the database and click on the table by either selecting row and then loading or by clicking the load button after selecting the table name. After that, the data will load in tables.
Excel Snowflake Step 2: Selecting the Desired Warehouse
Later, you have to choose your desired warehouse from the list because Snowflake uses the warehouse to store data. Click on the Next button after that.
Excel Snowflake Step 3: Loading Files from Local Storage
Click local files from your computer>select file> select data files>open>next.
Excel Snowflake Step 4: Selecting the Desired File Format (CSV here)
Select existing file format>next for existing file format while for new format file click plus symbol>select file format>finish>name file> next.
Excel Snowflake Step 5: Configuring Load Options
Click the load button>select data and warehouse>click ok
Excel Snowflake Method 2: Using SnowSQL to Load Data from Excel as CSV Files
● Build a structure of a table on Snowflake as follows
[create table sample_csv(id int, name David(18), dept int); ]
● Copy the local file to Snowflake using the PUT command as follows
[> put file:///home/Snowflake/Sample_file.csv @~/staged;]
● Import the CSV file using the following command into the Snowflake
[COPY INTO sample_csv FROM '@~/staged/Sample_file.CSV.gz' FILE_FORMAT = ( TYPE = CSV, COMPRESSION = GZIP);]
What can you achieve by Excel Snowflake Integration?
You can expedite the process of making decisions and quickly implement optimizations without wasting time on data crunching with Excel Snowflake Integration. With just a few clicks, you can easily extract all of the data you need from Instagram. You can gain deeper insights into your data by using data visualization tools, which allow you to visualize data warehouses on an enterprise scale.
Excel Snowflake Integration will offer the best analytical and manipulative features with secure storing of data which helps not only in business management but also business growth but the integration has many limitations and the process is also very hectic.
While using Excel Snowflake is insightful, it is a hectic task to Set Up the proper environment. To make things easier, Hevo comes into the picture. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline and has awesome 100+ pre-built Integrations that you can choose from.
visit our website to explore hevo
Hevo can help you Integrate your data from numerous sources like Excel and load them into a destination like Snowflake to Analyze real-time data with a BI tool such as Tableau. It will make your life easier and data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
SIGN UP for a 14-day free trial and see the difference!
Share your experience of learning about the Excel Snowflake Integration in the comments section below.