Data is an important asset to organizations of all sizes. If you can make good use of the data that you have, you can know the current state of your business, make better decisions, and increase efficiency. Any business that wants to grow needs to do this.
Recurly is a subscription management platform. It makes it easy for businesses to receive payments from their customers as they focus on making sales. Businesses also use Snowflake to aggregate data from different apps. The same data is analyzed to extract insights for making sound decisions. A Recurly to Snowflake integration can help a business move its Recurly data to Snowflake alongside data from other apps and get a more holistic view of every aspect of its business. It’s a good way of ensuring that merchants always have access to up-to-date data.
In this article, you will discuss easy ways for Recurly to Snowflake integration.
This is what you require for this article:
- A Snowflake Account.
- A Recurly Account.
What is Recurly?
Recurly is a recurring billing platform. It ensures that setups and integrations are easy and quick, and it scales well with the changing needs of the business. Recurly allows businesses to focus on growing their sales as it makes it easy for them to receive payments.
They support Sling, Twitch, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Paramount, Lucid, and Sprout Social among their customers. These companies define their respective industries, and they collectively have more than 50 million active subscribers in more than 140 different currencies.
Recurly simplifies the management of recurring payments at scale by optimizing each stage of the subscription lifecycle, including customer acquisition, customer retention, and customer growth. By exporting data from Recurly, marketers can evaluate the efficacy of advertising on TikTok in comparison to the efficacy of advertising on other channels.
It is a platform for subscription management and billing that gives you the ability to manage the billing and payment processes associated with your customers. It provides you with increased visibility into your subscription business, which in turn enables you to optimize your strategy for subscription growth and reduce the number of customers who leave without their consent.
For Mid-Market/Enterprise businesses, Recurly is an all-in-one subscription management and billing platform that simplifies the challenges of recurring billing and invoicing. Recurly protects the revenue you already have by supporting multiple gateways, offering distinctive gateway routing, and intelligent retry.
It provides enterprise-class recurring billing management for subscription-based Web 2.0, SaaS, and Mobile businesses globally. Companies like Salesforce, HubSpot, JibJab media, and LinkedIn use Recurly for automated recurrent billing.
Key Features of Recurly
- Scale Globally: Change is constant when it comes to recurring payments, billing, and customer requirements. Recurly ensures that you are always one step ahead of the competition.
- Adapt Quickly: Simple configuration of trials, plans, pricing, and promotions, as well as support for complex billing scenarios, including usage-based, quantity-based, and hybrid model options.
- Proactive Thinking: Reduce churn with revenue recovery powered by machine learning, which both prevents and recovers lost revenue from failed transactions.
- Effective Workflow: Integrate workflows without any hiccups by using an enterprise-grade platform that is user-friendly and contains applications for payment gateways, customer relationship management systems, enterprise resource planning systems, and more.
- Security: You can put your trust in Recurly to provide you with up-to-date rules, regulations, and compliance standards covering areas such as fraud management and taxes.
What is Snowflake?
Snowflake removes the barriers that bar organizations from extracting true value from data. It is a cloud solution for data warehousing, data engineering, data lakes, data sharing, data application development, and data science. Snowflake provides the scalability, performance, and concurrency that most businesses need while offering a single data experience that covers multiple geographies and clouds.
Snowflake isn’t based on any existing database technology or “Big Data” software platforms like Hadoop. However, it combines a brand-new SQL query engine with cutting-edge Cloud Architecture.
Snowflake provides scalable, dynamic computing power with only usage-based fees. As an example, Schema on Reading can now access data in structured and semi-structured formats without first having to model it thanks to Snowflake’s ability to operate against vast amounts of raw data. It enables us to use SQL language to combine different data structures, such as CSVs, JSON, XML, Parquet, and Avro, and analyze them simultaneously.
Data lakes with raw data, ODS with staged data, and data warehouses and data marts with presentable and modeled data are just a few of the many use cases that Snowflake can be used for. It not only offers cloud infrastructure but also a wide range of options for creating contemporary architectures, making it especially well suited to agile methodology and changing usage trends.
Snowflake is a hybrid of shared-disk and shared-nothing Database architectures, which allows it to deliver results quickly. It uses a central repository for persisted data, similar to a shared-disk database, which is accessible from all compute nodes. It uses MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) compute clusters, in which each node stores a portion of the entire data set locally, similar to shared-nothing architectures.
Snowflake runs on top of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and the Google Cloud infrastructure. You don’t have to select, install, configure, and maintain any software or hardware. This makes Snowflake an ideal solution for any business that doesn’t want to dedicate resources to purchasing, hosting, and maintaining in-house servers. Snowflake separates computing from storage, hence, customers can use and pay for them independently.
Key Features of Snowflake
Here are some of the features of Snowflake as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution:
- Snowflake enables you to enhance your Analytics Pipeline by transitioning from nightly Batch Loads to Real-time Data Streams, allowing you to improve the quality and speed of your analytics. By enabling Secure, Concurrent, and Monitoring Access to your Data Warehouse across your organization, you can improve the quality of analytics at your company.
- Snowflake uses the Caching Paradigm to deliver the results from the cache swiftly. To avoid re-generating the report when nothing has changed, Snowflake employs Persistent (within the session) Query results.
- Snowflake allows you to get rid of silos and ensure access to meaningful insights across the enterprise, resulting in better Data-driven Decision-Making. This is a crucial first step toward bettering partner relationships, optimizing pricing, lowering operational expenses, increasing sales effectiveness, and more.
- Snowflake allows you to better analyze Customer Behaviour and Product Usage. You can also use the whole scope of data to ensure Customer Satisfaction, drastically improve product offers, and foster Data Science innovation.
- Snowflake allows you to create your own Data Exchange, which allows you to communicate live, controlled data securely. It also encourages you to improve data relationships throughout your business units, as well as with your partners and customers.
If yours is anything like the 1000+ data-driven companies that use Hevo, more than 70% of the business apps you use are SaaS applications Integrating the data from these sources in a timely way is crucial to fuel analytics and the decisions that are taken from it. But given how fast API endpoints etc can change, creating and managing these pipelines can be a soul-sucking exercise.
Hevo’s no-code data pipeline platform lets you connect over 150+ sources in a matter of minutes to deliver data in near real-time to your warehouse. What’s more, the in-built transformation capabilities and the intuitive UI means even non-engineers can set up pipelines and achieve analytics-ready data in minutes.
Take our 14-day free trial to experience a better way to manage data pipelines.
Get started for Free with Hevo!
What are the Methods to Connect Recurly to Snowflake?
Method 1: Using Hevo Data to Set Up Recurly to Snowflake
Hevo provides an Automated No-code Data Pipeline that helps you move your Recurly swiftly to Snowflake. Hevo is fully-managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your 150+ data sources(including 40+ free sources)but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
Using Hevo, you can connect Recurly to Snowflake in the following 2 steps
- Step 1: Configure Recurly as the Source in your Pipeline.
- Step 2: Now, set up Snowflake as a destination in Hevo.
After implementing the 2 simple steps, Hevo Data will take care of building the pipeline for replicating data from Recurly to Snowflake based on your inputs while configuring the source and the destination.
The pipeline will automatically replicate new and updated data from Facebook Ads to Databricks every 3 hrs (by default). However, you can also adjust the data replication frequency as per your requirements.
Data Pipeline Frequency
|Default Pipeline Frequency||Minimum Pipeline Frequency||Maximum Pipeline Frequency||Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)|
|3 Hrs||15 Mins||24 Hrs||1-24|
For in-depth knowledge of how a pipeline is built & managed in Hevo Data, you can also visit the official documentation for Recurly as a source and Snowflake as a destination.
Method 2: Using Custom Code to Move Data from Recurly to Snowflake
Recurly uses the Secure Data Sharing framework of Snowflake for the Recurly Snowflake migration of data, meaning that it acts like a Recurly to Snowflake connector. If you are currently a Recurly user, you only have to contact the Recurly account management team and request a data share from the snowflake data marketplace.
- Step 1: Log into your Snowflake account.
- Step 2: Click “Marketplace” from the vertical navigation bar shown on the left.
- Step 3: Type “Recurly” in the search bar shown at the top of the page.
- Step 4: Choose “Recurly platform data-classic.”
- Step 5: Click the “Request” button shown on the right to request the data.
Recurly data is automatically updated in Snowflake after every hour or once a day depending on your desire. This means that the Recurly Snowflake integration will ensure that merchants have up-to-date data all the time.
- Step 6: A new form will pop up. Fill in the required details and click the “Request” button at the bottom to request the data.
That is how to integrate Recurly to Snowflake. Recurly data is automatically updated in Snowflake after every hour or once a day depending on your desire. This means that the Recurly Snowflake integration will ensure that merchants have up-to-date data all the time.
What Can You Achieve by Replicating Data from Recurly to Snowflake?
A Recurly to Snowflake migration of data is very important for your business. Combining your billing data with other data in Snowflake will unlock many reporting capabilities. Having all your data in one place will make it easy to identify business trends. You will also be able to take advantage of Snowflake’s reporting capabilities to generate reports from your data.
You probably want to track the performance of your email campaign meant to prevent customer churn. This may require you to correlate your Recurly data with analytics generated by your email automation system. You may also need to create a sales forecasting dashboard using data stored or generated by your CRM and Recurly. These may require you to integrate Recurly to Snowflake.
By migrating your data from Recurly to Snowflake, you will be able to help your business stakeholders find the answers to these questions:
- How does CMRR (Churn Monthly Recurring Revenue) vary by Marketing campaign?
- How much of the Annual Revenue was from In-app purchases?
- Which campaigns have the most support costs involved?
- For which geographies are marketing expenses the most?
- Which campaign is more profitable?
Recurly is a recurrent billing platform. It provides businesses with an easy way to receive payments as they focus on making sales. Snowflake is a cloud data warehouse platform. It provides companies with services such as cloud data warehousing, data sharing, data application development, and more. A Recurly to Snowflake integration will help you aggregate your billing data with data from other apps and get a holistic view of your business data. This is possible with the Recurly to Snowflake connector.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo offers a No-code Data Pipeline that can automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Marketing, Customer Management, etc.
This platform allows you to transfer data from 150+ sources (including 40+ Free Sources) such as Recurly and Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, etc. It will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.