Figma is known as a prototyping tool and a vector graphics editor which is primarily web-based. Apart from this, it also offers additional features enabled by desktop notifications. Shopify is an eCommerce platform that allows you to sell products in-person, on Facebook, or anywhere online. It is backed by powerful tools that help you drive sales, find customers, and manage your day-to-day.
This blog talks about the steps you can follow to connect Figma to Shopify in a seamless fashion. It also gives a brief introduction to the features, benefits, and use cases of Figma and Shopify before diving into the steps involved in Shopify Figma Integration.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Figma
Figma allows you to make updates on the go, do a design review, instantly get feedback on your changes, and much more. Figma reduces the time between iterations since no time is wasted syncing or uploading screens, messaging people to look at the links, creating share links, and much more. It also makes it simpler for designers to work in parallel. This allows them to explore options and iterating in shorter increments. This is beneficial since developers can now locate and voice technical concerns sooner rather than later.
Figma, therefore, allows all the stakeholders of a project to see how a project is unfolding from inception to a polished visual instead of waiting for a grand reveal.
Here are a few key features of Figma that make it an indispensable tool:
- Version Control: Figma includes version history for every collaborator. You can easily roll back to or fork from a previous state.
- Prototyping: Figma provides a clickable prototyping feature that shares similarities to InVision + Craft.
- Developer Handoff: The developers can get styles, dimensions, and download images and icons from the project URL. In Figma, you don’t have to sync your artboards whenever you update your designs.
- Built-in Commenting: Anyone that has the link can write comments anywhere on the design. This feature is similar to the comment feature available in InVision. You can also tag people in comments on Figma. Apart from this, you can also mark comments as resolved and integrate with Slack as well.
- Multiplayer Collaboration: Figma allows multiple people to collaborate in real-time. It also allows you to take a look at each other’s cursors on the screen while drawing things and making comments.
- Liveshare: In Figma, if you click on someone’s avatar, you can see what they are looking at on their screen. This makes it simple to follow their cursor around.
- Constraints: This is a more intuitive form of the Resizing feature available in Sketch.
- Components: This Figma feature shares similarities with the Symbols feature in Sketch, but is more flexible and easier to deal with.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that helps businesses to create online stores and sell their products. They also have an online retail point of sale system (Shopify POS) where merchants can sell their products in person. It is designed for all businesses regardless of their sizes. Shopify provides a set of tools and services such as payment gateways, shipping, marketing, and customer engagement so that users can grow their business easily.
Shopify has built-in capabilities that allow users to analyze customers’ data. However, businesses/organizations need to store this data in a database because it allows them to gain in-depth insights by combining other organizational data with Shopify. This allows them to leverage the power of a full-fledged database (or sometimes a data warehouse) and overcome the limitation of Shopify analytics.
Various products or services that you can sell on Shopify:
- Physical Products: Shopify supports door-step delivery of your manufactured products such as jewelry, t-shirts, mugs, etc. You can schedule the delivery of various products using Shopify.
- Digital Products: With Shopify, you can provide digital services such as e-books, audio files, course materials, etc. to your customers.
- Services and Consultation: If you provide services like Life consultation, home-cooked delicacies, event planning, or anything else, Shopify has got you covered.
- Memberships: Various memberships such as gym memberships, yoga classes memberships, event memberships, etc. can be sold to the customers using Shopify.
- Experiences: Event-based experiences like adventurous sports and travel, mountain trekking, wine tasting, events, and hands-on workshops. You can use Shopify to sell tickets for these events as well.
- Rentals: You can also promote and advertise various types of rental services such as rental taxis, furniture, gadgets, etc. using Shopify and engage with customers in a better and more efficient way.
- Classes: You can advertise online tutorials on Shopify, allowing customers to subscribe to various online courses such as studies, fitness, yoga, etc.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ sources (including 30 Free Data Sources like Shopify) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Understanding the Steps to Connect Figma to Shopify
You can leverage Webinopoly to connect Figma to Shopify in a seamless fashion. Webinopoly houses top-notch Shopify experts who can easily convert your Figma file into a responsive, working, and functional Shopify site.
The Shopify experts at Webinopoly can also create custom designs using Figma for your Shopify store. Here are a few key features offered by Webinopoly in their Figma to Shopify service that ensures that businesses leveraging their service can function efficiently:
- High-Quality Work: The experts at Webinopoly always strive to develop a pixel-perfect Shopify Website by using Figma. These experts are constantly on their toes to ensure that the Figma to Shopify service works without a hitch.
- Great Design: In case you haven’t decided on a design yet, Webinopoly’s Shopify designers can utilize Figma to work with you. Webinopoly will then create a prototype of your website design before fully developing it.
- Complete Semantic Markup: The Webinopoly team adheres to proper CSS/HTML standards and uses properly formatted code to ensure a smooth experience connecting Figma to Shopify.
- Fully Functional Shopify Website: Webinopoly creates a fully functional theme customized to your needs based on your design. You can then take over the management for the Figma to Shopify service from there.
Using Figma Templates to Facilitate Collaboration in Shopify
You can leverage the GSD template to manage your projects across Shopify. This is a lightweight framework that offers a minimum process for the maximum process. There are 3 key phases: Think, Explore, Build. Here are the 5 steps involved in establishing a collaboration from Figma to Shopify:
- Step 1: The first step in connecting Figma to Shopify is to decide on a cover. By customizing the cover, you can share high-level information like the project name, the project status, and the team that’s owning the project. A cover also makes it simple to find the file you’re looking for in the grid view of a Figma project.
- Step 2: You can use the overview page to help others find additional resources and offer information on who they can reach out to with questions or feedback. You can add or remove line items and sections as needed in this step of connecting Figma to Shopify. You can also add separate links to documents like research or project briefs.
- Step 3: Next, you need to understand the problem space. To create the foundation for your project, you need to collect all the information that you need to make this project a success for connecting Figma to Shopify. You can add journey maps, user flows, links to other documents, add photos of design sprint explorations, write down job stories, and add old designs or screenshots.
- Step 4: You can also create separate pages for explorations for different form factors or devices to facilitate connecting Figma to Shopify. You would need to add titles to your flows and explorations to make it clear what people are looking at. As you make progress on your project, you can also add badges to depict the state of the explorations. Apart from this, you can also use the sticky note component to share thoughts, add notes, or simply collect ideas you want to work on and feedback.
- Step 5: When you are ready to move your project from the Explore phase to the Build phase, you can simply move some of the pages from your Explore section to the Build section. In this step of connecting Figma to Shopify, you can create separate pages for each milestone of your project or designs for different devices. Linking to these pages can come in handy in tickets, tools, or issues that you’re using to track the progress of a project. You can also use the checklist here to serve as a reminder for design reviews before they can be implemented.
This blog talks about the steps you can follow to connect Figma to Shopify in a seamless fashion. It also gives a brief introduction to the features, benefits, and use cases of Figma and Shopify before diving into the steps involved in Figma Shopify Integration.
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of free data sources such as Shopify can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from 100+ data sources such as SaaS applications such as Shopify or Databases into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
No-code Data Pipeline For Your Data Warehouse