Today marketing is strictly data-driven. And placing compelling ads that rank 1st on Google and its advertising network by analyzing engagement data is the name of the game. So, it’s no secret — today’s data-driven work environment begets the need to place all this ad data in a single source of truth, i.e., a data warehouse like Databricks for further analysis.
This post will act as a guide to help you define a pipeline to replicate data from Google Ads to Databricks seamlessly.
That said, Google provides the AdWords API to interact with its Ads platform but managing large/complex accounts and campaigns can be challenging for non-technical users. The Google AdWords API is a complex product that offers multiple functionalities — from custom reporting to ad and smart bidding management.
Nonetheless, other ways to replicate data from Google Ads to Databricks exist. One such way is to create a Google Analytics Premium account, move your data directly to Google BigQuery and then export data to Databricks.
But seriously, it’s not worth the trouble — it’s lackluster and expensive!
Using Hevo ETL Pipelines, you can automate your data replication process from Google Ads to Databricks for your analytics and BI teams without the engineering team’s help.
Believe us when we say it’s a 3-step process and requires no code experience.
Why Integrate Google Ads to Databricks?
- Measure Campaign Performance in Single Dashboard: Regular performance monitoring is vital. You can leverage Google Ads data with databricks and run advanced analytics to get better insights. Good insights will help you understand the quality of leads generated through ad campaigns.
- Use your Engineering Bandwidth Judiciously: Getting your data from Google Ads to Databricks might be difficult. Engineering bandwidth to build and maintain the pipeline can cost you a fortune. You can get rid of that hassle with the help of an automated data pipeline solution.
- Centralize your Google Ads Data with Databricks: Consolidate your data into a single repository for archiving, reporting, analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other purposes.
Replicate Google Ads Data to Databricks Using Hevo
Step 1: Configure Google Ads as a Source
Authenticate and Configure your Google Ads Source.
Step 2: Configure Databricks as Destination
In the next step, we will configure Databricks as the destination.
Step 3: All Done to Setup Your ETL Pipeline
And next comes…. Well, nothing. Once your Google Ads to Databricks ETL Pipeline is configured, Hevo will collect new and updated data from your Google Ads every five minutes (the default pipeline frequency) and duplicate it into Databricks. Depending on your needs, you can change the pipeline frequency from 5 minutes to an hour.
Data Replication Frequency
|Default Pipeline Frequency||Minimum Pipeline Frequency||Maximum Pipeline Frequency||Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)|
|5 Mins||5 Mins||24 Hrs||1-24|
Don’t believe setting up an ETL process can be this easy with Hevo?
I encourage you to head over to the official Hevo’s Databricks as Destination Docs and Hevo’s Google Ads as Source Docs, which make the reassuring claim.
Sign Up For a 14-day Free Trial Today
Why Use Hevo?
If yours is anything like the 1000+ data-driven companies that use Hevo, more than 70% of the business apps you use are SaaS applications Integrating the data from these sources in a timely way is crucial to fuel analytics and the decisions that are taken from it. But given how fast API endpoints etc, can change, creating and managing these pipelines can be a soul-sucking exercise.
Hevo’s no-code data pipeline platform lets you connect over 150+ sources like Google Ads in a matter of minutes to deliver data in near real-time to your warehouse like Databricks.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Here’s how Hevo challenges the normal to beget the new ‘exceptional.’
- Fully Managed: Hevo requires no management and maintenance as it is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: Hevo provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Faster Insight Generation: Hevo offers near real-time data replication so you have access to real-time insight generation and faster decision making.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: As your sources and the volume of data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
After replicating your data into Databricks, you can connect to reporting and dashboard systems such as Looker, Tableau, Metabase, and others on top of Databricks to acquire business insights. These dashboards are the third and final tier of your data analytics stack and are responsible for creating compelling visualizations of your data.
In the comment section, don’t forget to convey your experience of employing a data pipeline from Google Ads to Databricks using Hevo.
Before closing this article, a word of caution: Build or Buy ETL pipeline discussion is still open for many Modern Data Management Stack. It depends on company size, the number of clients they serve, and team size. Hence, choose wisely for your business growth.
Initiate your journey with Hevo today and enjoy fully automated, hassle-free data replication for 150+ sources. Hevo’s free trial gives you limitless free sources and models to pick from, support for up to 1 million events per month, and a spectacular live chat service supported by an incredible 24/7 support team to help you get started.