Salesforce is said to be a top player in CRM and is easy to use and understand which makes it even more popular. It is a cloud-based CRM that provides various tools for maintaining a proper Customer Relationship and make profits from it. Salesforce cloud CRM software and applications are used for Sales, Service, Finance, Marketing, Business Development, Recruiting, HR, Supply Chain Management, and other lines of business that manage external and internal relationships. Integrating Google forms to Salesforce improves the overall usability of both platforms.
Google Forms is a free online tool from Google which allows users to create forms, surveys, and quizzes as well as to collaboratively edit and share the forms with other people. Educators can use Google forms to assess their students at the beginning of the class and gauge pre-existing knowledge. Furthermore, Google forms can be used to give feedback to and receive feedback from students and parents. Similarly, students can use Google forms to assess their own learning and set the learning goals as well as to collect data for their research projects.
This article will give a step-by-step guide to Integrate Google Forms to Salesforce.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Google Forms
Google Forms is free software offered by Google that enables you to create surveys, quizzes, informative forms, and many more. It belongs to Google’s web-based apps suite which also includes Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and many more. It is a versatile tool that can be used for various applications, from gathering RSVPs for an event to creating a pop quiz.
You’ll need a Google account to create a Google Form, but you can adjust the settings so that anyone can fill it out, meaning no Google account is required.
Advantages of Google Forms
First, let’s take a look at the advantages of Google Forms. As Google makes it super easy to use the google form, you can do a lot of things with this. Here we give out all the possible advantages that come with a google form.
Easy to use interface
Google makes the interface for Google Form integration almost easy to use and user-friendly. There are some other surveys making tools available that you can find easily online. if you take a look and compare them with Google Forms, you can understand its authenticity.
If you are a first-timer, you can easily get what you have to do to create a new form. all the included options like customization, giving the title and description to your form, observing responses, sharing is simple and readily manageable. This is why online activists all over the world prefer this integration over other survey-making tools.
It is highly mentionable that google form is a free integration that accelerates a huge online process like distance learning, survey making, helping online retailers to get consumers’ opinions, and so on. as it is free, small online retailers can use it to save money.
Because there are other survey making tools that require a monthly and yearly fee to use. although these paid tools offer a lot more than google form when you can do it effectively without any cost, then why would you go to spend some extra money. However, if you find google form is not so perfect for you, then you can go for other available paid survey-making tools online.
create all forms of question
Implementing surveys requires a suitable question pattern that can lure audiences and make them provide answers according to the questions. survey questions are mainly depending on the answers you want to get from the audience.
The type of answers will decide how you should create the form. google form supports all sorts of available question patterns. with this, you can easily implement
- short answers – to ask for identical information, contact information, and so on for example, what is your name
- paragraph – if you ask something which needs quite long to answer for the audience, then you can set the paragraph to comfort while answering and avoid word limitation
- multiple choice, checkbox, and drop-down list – if you want to provide multiple choices to audiences, then you can set question type in this form. especially for quizzes, polls, and collecting opinions of a selective group of people, you have to implement this type of questions to get the best answers
- Linear scale – linear scale has become a popular question form of online surveys as it comes like a ranking system. a linear scale is mostly used to get feedback and reviews about particular brands, software, apps, systems, services, and products. if you choose linear scale in your survey form, you have to set a number level to allow audiences to give a rating on your required topics
- Date and time – you can use a google form to ask specific times and dates like audience birth date, when they joined the group and such kind of similar time and date required questions
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a Cloud-Based Enterprise platform. It provides easy-to-use business applications, that can generate relevant customer experience. Salesforce is a tool that allows staying connected with Customers, Prospects, Partners, Sales, and Market Services globally.
Salesforce offers SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS tools. It also provides its cloud services for running applications. The data is secure, upgraded, and scaled automatically. Salesforce Cloud is known to be very dependable and offers benefits like Adaptability and Multitenancy over others. It also has a CRM platform. Salesforce CRM is a product that manages a company’s relationship with Prospect Customers.
Salesforce cloud CRM software and applications are used for Sales, Service, Finance, Marketing, Business Development, Recruiting, HR, Supply Chain Management, and other lines of business that manage external and internal relationships. It allows storing Existing Customers and Potential Customer’s information under a single platform, which would allow plotting a chart for Personalized Customer Approach. It also allows to plan and monitor Sales and Marketing Campaigns, and manage services with insightful and valuable data available. It is used by over 150,000 companies for better data management.
Learn more about Salesforce.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Salesforce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) like Asana and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE[/hevoButton]
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Integration of google forms to salesforce
The data that is entered in the google form can be converted into a spreadsheet to integrate Google Forms to Salesforce using the below methods.
Option 1: Send form data to Google Sheets with MightyForms
MightyForms is a powerful form builder tool. This allows you to build an online form quickly and easily with MightyForm’s drag-and-drop editor. It optimizes workflow automation with custom-built solutions.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to send data from Google forms to Salesforce:
Step 1. Create your online form
A fully responsive form can be made utilizing MightyForms’s native features and functionalities. This form helps in Integrating Google forms to Salesforce.
- Start by creating your form from scratch or from one of our free form templates, designed for specific purposes and industries. Then, seamlessly send form data to Google Sheets by enabling that feature in our Integrations menu. This data will be used in Integrating Google forms to Salesforce.
Step 2. Connect to Google Sheets
- Now that you have created and customized your form, click on the Integrations option tab on the top left-hand corner of your MightyForms Builder to Integrate Google Forms to Salesforce.
- You’ll see a list of all MightyForms native integrations, including Google Sheets right on top of the list on the right. Be sure to select Google Sheets from the dropdown menu and click on the ‘Connect’. A window will pop up for you to assign which Google account you want your MightyForms form connected to Google Sheets. This allows to Integrate Google forms to Salesforce.
- Once you login to your desired Google account, you’ll be asked to give MightyForms permission to access your Google Drive. Click on the Allow tab in blue at the bottom of the Google pop-up window to grant permission to transfer data from Google forms to Salesforce.
- Now you can add the Google Sheets integration to any of your MightyForms! Simply select Google Sheets from the dropdown and click ‘Add’.
- Click Publish or Update to make sure your published form is updated and there you go! Your MightyForms form is now connected to Google Sheets software!
- Once your form starts getting submissions from your visitors, MightyForms will automatically send form data entry to Google Sheets. Every time information is being filled out by visitors, it will be synced and populate appropriate columns in the Google Sheets spreadsheet table for making it easier to scroll through responses. This data from Google Sheets is used in Integrating Google Sheets to Salesforce.
Option 2: Send form data to Google Sheets From Google Forms
- Integrating your form data to Google Sheets with MightyForms takes only one quick click and your form input is then conveniently automated. This helps in making it easier to Integrate Google forms to Salesforce.
- You might consider that your project only requires basic form design so you might try to build one with Google Forms directly. Maybe you know computer language and decided to build your form from HTML using your own coding skills.
- Either way is fine and it can be also easily connected to Google Sheets in order to send data form to a spreadsheet table.
How to send Google Forms Data to Google Sheets
Google Forms is a survey administration app included in the Google Drive office suite. Since it is in the same package as Google Sheets, this integration is already all in the family. You can create a simple quiz, poll, survey, or feedback type of form and then the information collected is automatically sent into a Google Sheets spreadsheet table.
The responses from your Google Forms form will be saved automatically in Google Sheets and will remain there even if you delete your form afterward. Also, if you decide to change any field in your form, this will be reflected in the spreadsheet column as well.This data is crucial for Integrating Google forms to Salesforce.
Understanding Salesforce data Imports
Data importing and exporting is the act of pulling or pushing data (or data sets) between various software applications.
It includes “translating” the original format of the information used in your data source’s app into the format used by another system. This translation is generally very manual but can be automated through machine processes, such as data transformation and transcoding.
Importing means uploading and syncing datasets from various databases or cloud repositories into your Salesforce account.
Importing the data automatically and accurately is critical to efficient data sharing and analysis since manually inputting volumes of information takes too much time and effort and restricts seamless information flows.
Import Salesforce data
There are several ways to export and import data into your Salesforce account, including using built-in tools and third-party data connectors for Salesforce. For Integrating Google forms to Salesforce we import data from Google forms to Salesforce.
Through Salesforce native features: Data management tools
Salesforce has native features that allow its users to import data: the Salesforce data import wizard
To import using Salesforce data import wizard, follow these steps.
Step 1: Prepare your file for import
To prepare your file for import, be sure to:
- Clean your import file for consistency and accuracy, such as deleting unnecessary details, enforcing name conventions, updating the info, removing duplicates, and correcting any spelling errors.
- Change any configurations necessary to ensure successful Salesforce import. For instance, you may need to add new values to your picklists, make new custom fields, or temporarily deactivate some workflow rules.
- Compare your import file’s data fields with the Salesforce fields you’re importing into to verify and ensure your data gets mapped into the right fields.
After preparing your import data, save it as a CSV file.
Step 2: Launch the Salesforce Data Import Wizard
- Click the Setup icon on the Salesforce interface, type in “Data Import Wizard” in the Quick Find search box, and select Data Import Wizard.
- Review the Salesforce field names in your import file to ensure they match the standard Salesforce field names by clicking the View a list of Salesforce data fields link.
- Click Launch Wizard! and choose the data to import. Under Standard Objects, click Leads. Other options under this tab include Solutions, Accounts, Contacts, and Campaign Members.
- Specify if you want to update your existing Salesforce records, add new records, or perform both simultaneously.
- Select matching and other required criteria and upload the file where your data is located.
- Drag and drop your CSV lead import file in the space provided or choose from the data source options, specify the character encoding method, and select your file.
- Click Next when you’re done.
Step 3: Map your import file data fields to Salesforce data fields
- The data import wizard will automatically map as many data fields to Salesforce standard data fields as possible. If it can’t, you’ll need to do it manually since unmapped fields won’t be imported to Salesforce.
- Salesforce will mark your unmapped fields. Click Map under the Edit column to change and map the fields to an existing Salesforce field.
- you’ll need to change the unmapped field by selecting Map and choosing the First Name in the Salesforce standard list fields.
- You can also change the automatic mappings performed by Salesforce by clicking Change under the Edit column beside the field you want to modify.
- After reviewing your import information, you can go back to the previous steps to change unmapped data and ensure all the information is correct. Click Start Import. This will import data from Google forms to Salesforce.
Benefits of Integrating Google Forms to Salesforce
- When you create your form with MightyForms form builder, you can export your form data as a CSV file to your device to work on it any way you like. However, you can automatically send that Google forms data to Google Sheets as part of MightyForms integrations. This results in efficient Integration of Google forms to Salesforce.
- Google Sheets is the easiest way to tally all the information gathered from your form submissions. Every little piece of information filled out by your visitors can be then transformed into business data. Integrating Google forms with Salesforce results in better business decisions.
- What makes Google Sheets great is its connectivity, which in turn increases your productivity. Once you send form data to Google Sheets for Integrating Google forms to Salesforce, you can create and edit files while collaborating with others from your team or from an agency, in real-time.
- Also, Google Sheets is available as a mobile app, besides a desktop application, enabling you to analyze data entry forms on the go. This feature is most efficient after Integrating Google Forms to Salesforce.
This article gives a comprehensive overview of Google forms and Salesforce. It also gave a step-by-step guide on Integrating Google forms to Salesforce.
While Integrating Google forms to Salesforce is insightful, it is a hectic task to Set Up the proper environment. To make things easier, Hevo comes into the picture. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline and has awesome 100+ pre-built Integrations that you can choose from.
visit our website to explore hevo[/hevoButton]
Hevo can help you Integrate your data from numerous sources like Salesforce and load them into a destination to Analyze real-time data with a BI tool such as Tableau. It will make your life easier and data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
SIGN UP for a 14-day free trial and see the difference!
Share your experience of learning about the Integrating Google forms to Salesforce in the comments section below.