Steps to Load Data from YouTube Analytics to Data Studio: An Easy Guide
YouTube Analytics gives you access to several metrics to track your channel’s performance and your brand’s engagement with your users. Google Data Studio is a very popular visualization tool that can be used to analyze your YouTube data. In this article, you will learn the step-by-step procedure to connect YouTube Analytics to Data Studio.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Importance of YouTube Analytics
- Google Data Studio
- Why Connect YouTube Analytics to Data Studio
- Steps to Connect YouTube Analytics to Data Studio
Hevo, A Simpler Alternative to Integrate your Data for Analysis
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from YouTube (among 30+ free sources) or SaaS applications into your data warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool free of cost. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.Get started with hevo for free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Security: Hevo is SOC II, GDPR, and HIPPA compliant. Hevo also enables top-grade security with end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication, and more.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Importance of YouTube Analytics
YouTube is one of the most popular websites on the internet, used by people from all demographics. Around a third of internet users are on YouTube. Anyone with a Google account can upload videos on YouTube and has access to a gigantic number of users. But to get results, you need to swim in the data.
YouTube Analytics lets you understand how your videos are impacting your business.
YouTube Analytics gives you access to statistics on watch times, impressions, Subscribers Added, Likes, traffic sources, user demographics, etc. By studying the right metrics, you can understand how well your efforts have worked on YouTube. This will let you know what type of content clicks with your audience and what misses hitting the right note. Thus, you can quickly improve your future videos and increase your user base.
Google Data Studio
Data Studio is Google’s free web-based data visualization tool used to build interactive reports. You can use Google Data Studio to:
Data Studio, at the moment, has 18 Google Connectors such as Analytics, Ads, Sheets, BigQuery, YouTube, Ad Manager, Cloud Storage, etc. It also has many partner connections. It has a very friendly and intuitive user interface that allows you to drag-and-drop data from data sources. It has multiple charts such as the tables, bar, pie, donut, maps, etc., that let you quickly build useful reports. These reports can be shared easily in the form of links or as PDF files. To know more about Google Data Studio’s awesome features, check out this article.
Why Connect YouTube Analytics to Data Studio
- Since both YouTube and Data Studio belong to the Google ecosystem, they integrate smoothly letting you get the most out of your user’s data. Google Data Studio has a YouTube Analytics connector that lets you create reports seamlessly.
- Data Studio is also free, making it very attractive if you don’t have the budget for expensive visualization software.
Steps to Connect YouTube Analytics to Data Studio
Step 1: Sign in to your Google Data Studio account.
Step 2: Click the “+ Create” button on the top left.
Step 3: Select the Data Source option.
Step 4: Search for the YouTube Analytics connector and select it.
Step 5: Grant access to your account to Data Studio by clicking AUTHORIZE.
Step 6: Click CONNECT on the upper right corner.
That’s it! You have connected YouTube Analytics to Data Studio. You can now use this data to build reports to monitor your performance on YouTube!
In this step-by-step guide, you have seen how easy it is to connect YouTube Analytics to Data Studio. Now you can simply monitor your YouTube channel’s performance with the help of many important metrics.
But individually analyzing data from YouTube will not get you the best possible results. To get the most out of your data, it is necessary to integrate it from several sources and build a unified view of your users. To do this manually, you will need a lot of coding expertise and time. But using an automated tool can make your life easier and save you plenty of time. Try Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline to move your data from YouTube (among 30+ free sources) or multiple sources to your destination in minutes.visit our website to explore hevo
Hevo has a very friendly interface and doesn’t require you to write any code or worry about maintenance. You can simply focus on analyzing your data on your favorite BI tools like Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, or others!
If you want to see more before you are convinced, why don’t you try Hevo out for free? sign up for a full-featured, 14-day free trial of Hevo here!
Share why you want to connect YouTube Analytics to Data Studio in the comments below!