Today, everyone seems to be jumping into the E-Commerce bandwagon. As a matter of fact, you can get almost anything off the web, be it groceries or electronics. The benefit? You don’t have to visit brick and mortar stores and make queues as the products are delivered right to your doorstep. This is the number one benefit that has made E-Commerce such a huge success in recent years. However, with success comes immense competition among merchants. Hence, you need to develop ways of standing above your peers if you will and attract and retain more customers.
How exactly do you outperform your peers in E-Commerce? One of the most useful ways is to utilize the functionality and benefits of online business platforms fully. Magento (Adobe Commerce) and eBay are the leading E-Commerce platforms available in the market that allow people to set up their stores and sell their products and services online easily. This brings us to the perspective of this paper: Magento eBay Integration. In this article, you will learn how to perform Magento eBay Integration and the benefits you stand to gain by performing this process.
Table of Contents
- An active Magento (Adobe Commerce) account.
- An active eBay account.
What is Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce)?
Magento (Adobe Commerce) is one of the oldest E-Commerce platforms today, having been around since the initial launch way back in 2008. It accounts for a 3% market share in the E-Commerce niche today. So what exactly is it? In simple terms, it is a tool designed using open source technology to help merchants with the look and functionality of their online stores. One of the best features of this software is that it contains a bundle of valuable functionalities all packaged into one powerful software.
Released in 2015, Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce) was designed to solve the flaws inherent to Magento 1. These included security risks that left the site vulnerable to hackers, especially when users failed to install security patches. With Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce), clients get access to a variety of helpful features such as the ones listed below:
Key Features of Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce)
A few features of Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce) are listed below:
- User-Friendly Interface: This is perhaps one of the most significant upgrades from Magento 1. The new UI is as intuitive as it is sleek. The navigation tools are simpler to use and access. One might argue that it is an entirely new system!
- New Security Measures: This might sound a bit inconvenient, but it is a necessary security measure implemented by Magento’s (Adobe Commerce) developers. How? Only one user can be logged in per admin account, and when a new user tries to log in, others are logged out. We will let you decide whether this is a good or bad security measure.
- Intuitive Back End Features: The back end section has a touch-friendly navigation panel, which means users can easily access it on their tablets.
- Streamlined Common Admin Tasks: When it comes to improving speed and efficiency, then this is the best feature of Magento (Adobe Commerce). You can automate commonly performed tasks in the admin user panel, a technique that will ultimately save you a lot of time.
To learn more about Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce), click here.
Introduction to eBay
eBay is regarded as one of the fundamental pioneers of the E-Commerce revolution. Founded in 1995, the platform holds its place as a key pillar in the world of online business. Perhaps this is why the website has a large user base today despite a growing number of competitors. eBay provides users with a platform to sell used and new items. For many years, the platform utilized an auction system where buyers listed the price they would like to purchase an item. However, they later introduced a fixed price feature to save time for both buyers and sellers.
One factor that has been pivotal to the platform’s success is its devotion to safety and privacy for users. Paypal has long been used as the mode of payment for the website. In fact, eBay acquired the money transfer website in 2002, but it was later spun off as an independent company in 2015.
Key Features of eBay
The platform has long been regarded as innovative and has designed several ways to boost user experience. With this in mind, for a long time, the shopping cart was a requested feature. Sure enough, the developers added the feature to improve the user experience. A few features of eBay are listed below:
- eBay Bucks and Bill Me Later– These are some of the most successful marketing tools implemented by the platform. On one hand, the eBay Bucks program provides faithful customers with cashback on purchases. On the other hand, the Bill Me Later program is an example of an in-store credit card that highly benefits users who prefer this method of payment.
- Favorites– With eBay, you can customize your product feed and see the items you prefer. How? At the top of every eBay item are three buttons labeled ‘Like,’ ‘Want,’ and ‘Own.’ Upon making a selection, eBay uses this data to customize your feed.
- Search Criteria Refinement– eBay makes it extremely easy to find a target item using advanced keyword search criteria. One of the filters you can use in this area is price.
To learn more about eBay, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, external connectors for REST API, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including external connectors for Magento REST APIs and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Need For Magento eBay Integration
Now that you have a brief idea of what both of these tools are and what they offer in terms of functionality, what about integration? What benefits do you stand to gain by using the two tools together?
Firstly, for Magento (Adobe Commerce) store owners, integration with eBay makes it easy to present items for sale on eBay. Furthermore, the integration supports multiple Magento (Adobe Commerce) stores and eBay accounts. That being said, perhaps one of the greatest benefits of performing this process is the reduction in time spent setting up your online store. How? eBay can utilize Magento’s (Adobe Commerce) usability for fast and simple inventory addition and management with full integration.
Finally, users with international stores also have a lot to gain from the integration process as it allows for easier currency and time management. Now that you comprehend the importance of the integration, let’s get to the process itself.
Steps to Set Up Magento eBay Integration
In this section, you will learn the steps to set up Magento eBay Integration. In this, M2E Pro Extension will be used to perform Magento eBay Integration. The steps to Magento eBay Integration are listed below:
Step 1: Installing M2E Pro Extension in Magento
- Log into your Magento marketplace account.
- Purchase the M2E Pro Extension in the marketplace
- Install the extension. This process will redirect you to your Acess Keys.
- You need to create a new access key that will sync the extension with the Magento (Adobe Commerce) component manager, as shown in the image below.
- Head over to your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Dashboard and navigate to system, web setup, wizard, and finally component manager. Next, sign in and sync to the Magento Component Manager, as shown in the image below.
- Click the link to the install button under new purchases, as shown in the image below.
- Select the M2E Pro Extension and install it, as shown in the image below.
Step 2: Configuring the Magento eBay Integration
Now that M2E Pro is installed, the last task is configuration.
- You first need to register the extension. Provide the required details, and wait for license key generation, as shown in the image below.
- Once you get the license key, you should link it to your live eBay account. You will be redirected to your eBay account and log in to your seller account. Finally, you will be prompted to grant access to M2E Pro, as shown in the image below.
That’s it! You have completed the Magento eBay Integration.
Benefits of Magento eBay Integration
A few benefits of using Magento eBay Integration are listed below:
- Magento eBay Integration makes it easier to list and present the products at eBay Auctions for Magento (Adobe Commerce) shop owners that can support multiple eBay accounts and Magento (Adobe Commerce) stores.
- Magento eBay Integration allows users to seamlessly synchronize the products and orders detail. It increases efficiency as it simplifies management tasks.
- It helps in managing the online orders, currencies, taxation, transportation, and time zones that save time.
In this article, you learnt about Magento (Adobe Commerce), eBay, and the steps to set up Magento eBay Integration. You also read about the benefits of using Magento eBay Integration and how it helps Magento (Adobe Commerce) store owners use eBay with full potential and save time. Now, you can utilize the benefits of the two tools together and take your business to the next level. eBay and Magento work seamlessly together to create a perfect user experience that will help boost sales for your online business.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Companies need E-Commerce data to analyze it and generate insights from it. The manual process of extracting data from Magento (Adobe Commerce) is tedious. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from Magento (Adobe Commerce) to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Magento eBay Integration in the comments section below!