A clear financial picture of your E-commerce business reveals where your money is going, how much you’re generating, and how healthy your business is financially. They’re quite beneficial when it comes to making wise business decisions. They’re also absolutely important if you want to secure a loan or attract investors.
After you’ve launched your Magento (Adobe Commerce) online store, you might feel the need to integrate an accounting system into your business that can help you handle inventory, customer purchases, invoicing, and balance sheets in an efficient and user-friendly manner. Magento Xero Integration allows you to connect Xero’s accounting features into your Magento store, making it easier to keep track of your finances.
This article outlines how to set up your Magento 2 Xero Integration using either the Magento API to Xero connection or by combining both apps using Magento’s Marketplace Apps. Here’s an overview:
Table of Contents
- What is Magento (Adobe Commerce)?
- What is Xero?
- Methods for Magento Xero Integration
What is Magento (Adobe Commerce)?
Magento (Adobe Commerce) comes as a bigwig among other popular E-commerce Hosting Solutions because of its flexible and stand-alone Shopping Cart System that allows you to have full access to the code as well as control over the look, content, and functionality of the website.
Magento’s PHP framework allows programmers to create both static and dynamic websites, allowing for extensive customization. Varien Inc. first introduced the software in March 2018; however, a big rebuild occurred in 2015 after Magento was bought by Adobe. At present Magento, comes as a Cloud-based Solution that gets included in Adobe Commerce Cloud’s bundled offering.
Magento 2.0, the upgrade, houses a surplus of features including SEO readiness, Multi-store support, Marketing tools, Deep analytics, Catalogue management, a robust shopping cart with support for multiple shipping addresses, and more. Combined with Adobe Experience Cloud, Magento 2 will bring Digital Commerce, Order Management, and Business Intelligence to enable both B2B and B2C shopping experiences across the customer journey.
According to Builtwith trends, Magento (Adobe Commerce) is the third most popular E-commerce Platform. It hosts 10,618 live websites at the time of writing among the top 1 million sites for e-commerce.
Key Features and Benefits of Magento (Adobe Commerce)
- Multichannel Commerce: Whether you’re a B2B ready to go direct to consumer (D2C) or a B2C managing several brands in 10 different languages, Adobe Commerce powered by Magento (Adobe Commerce) allows you to manage various Sales Channels and Brands while expanding into new nations from a single platform.
- Scalability with Improved Performance: With a modular core and headless features, Magento (Adobe Commerce) is entirely scalable and extendable. Magento 2.0 is a layered design with four performance-optimized tiers, and it includes a variety of enhancements to minimize page weight and improve response times as your store website grows.
- Security and Reliability: The Magento Platform is extremely safe, with long-established processes and controls that comply with industry-accepted standards, regulations, and certifications. Some of the built-in security measures include enhanced password management and improved prevention of cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. Magento 2 now includes a Security Scan Tool for identifying security issues, updating malware updates, and detecting illegal access.
- Community Support: If there is one area where the Open Source E-commerce Platform has a clear edge, it is unquestionably the Community Support. Magento (Adobe Commerce) provides a large worldwide community of E-commerce developers, contributors, and innovators to connect with, learn from, and collaborate with. Users can also enroll in Adobe Community Insider Programme to gain access to Magento Commerce Source Code, a Cloud Sandbox Account, and early software updates, fixes, and tools.
- Myriad Payment Method Support: Magento (Adobe Commerce) is compatible with a wide range of payment gateways and comes pre-installed with many of them. It works with popular payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, CartaSi, SagePay WorldPay, 2Checkout, and EBizCharge with a superior check-out experience that doubles as a positive for both online merchants and customers.
What is Xero?
Who knew that even dull tasks like accounting could be made attractive and clean? Perhaps Xero creator Rod Drury was working on something that resulted in this sleek and simple Cloud-based Accounting Software Platform.
Xero promotes its software for small businesses, but it is also an excellent alternative for medium to large-sized organizations. Xero allows businesses to keep track of their invoices, payroll, bank reconciliation, purchasing, expenses, bookkeeping, and more, in just one application. Users also get access to customer contacts and account from any device at any time- be it a computer or mobile device. Xero’s flexible financial reporting and user-friendly dashboards with automated bank feed and account reconciliation drastically improve the performance of businesses.
In addition, Xero runs in real-time, which means your data is always up-to-date. Xero makes collaboration possible with your financial advisors without having to send an endless list of to and fro email communications. Having support for over 800 add-on apps, and refined accounting tools like expense tracking, fixed asset management, depreciation schedules, chart of accounts, accounts payable, journal entries, and unlimited user access, Xero is a popular choice for over 2 million users.
Key Features and Benefits of Xero Accounting
- Ease of Use: Connecting your business bank account, adding a customer, or making your first invoice is simple and fast. Xero also supports a customizable dashboard, which is a time saver.
- Impeccable Financial Reports: With Xero’s beautiful dashboard, users can transform their data into useful actionable insights that can be mapped into 100 different financial reports, including budgets, balance sheets, and income statements. Reports are customizable, with adjustable formatting and the option to add your own formulas and groupings.
- Online Invoicing: You can log in from any system, and get started with your cash flow statements. You can also attach files to invoices, such as documents or photos.
- Unlimited Users: At each membership level, you can add an unlimited number of people to your account. When adding new users, the account owner can also assign permission levels to each of them.
- Seamless Collaboration: Xero’s collaborative functionalities allow small businesses and advisors to connect and collaborate easily. You can add your accountant as a user and give them the permissions.
- Management & Expense Tracking: Xero keeps track of your inventory, and if you need to reorder inventory, you can easily create and send purchase orders. By connecting your bank and credit card account directly to Xero, you can easily categorize your expenses and split transactions.
- Pricing: Individual traders, fledgling businesses, and self-employed persons can benefit from Xero’s Early Plan, which starts at $11 per month. Growing, their most popular plan costs $32 per month and is best suited for small businesses. Established is a package for established businesses that costs $62 per month. More details are available here- Xero Pricing.
To know more about Xero Accounting Software with in-depth information on its features and functionality, check out our other post on Understanding Xero Accounting Software: A Comprehensive Guide. And if you are using Xero and would like to integrate it into your CRM Software like HubSpot, we have another piece with a step-by-step guide here- HubSpot Xero Integration: 2 Easy Methods.
Hevo, A Simple Speedy Solution to Data Migration
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from databases or SaaS applications like Magento (Adobe Commerce) & 100+ other Sources into your Data Warehouses like Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake and Firebolt to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo Platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a diverse set of Connectors that authorize you to bring data in from multiple data sources such as Shopify, Amplitude, Jira, and Oracle and even Data-Warehouses such as Redshift and Snowflake are in an integrated and Analysis-ready format.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Methods for Magento Xero Integration
- Method 1: Magento Xero Integration Using APIs
- Method 2: Magento Xero Integration Using In-App Marketplace Integrations
Method 1: Magento Xero Integration Using APIs
Application Programming Interface or API is a software intermediary between 2 applications that enables retrieving, adding, deleting, and synchronizing data. It’s a system that eliminates the need for developers to write code all by themselves, permitting to and fro communications quickly and reliably.
Developers can use Magento API to integrate invoices and payment transactions to Xero. One way to proceed is to acquire Magento API and extract, produce data, and inline it with Xero API to mirror individual transaction details. This will facilitate duplication of the Magento (Adobe Commerce) invoices and map it to Xero Dashboard.
While the API Integration approach is complex and time-consuming, we are most probably here for easier options. A simple approach to Magento Xero Integration is detailed in the next method below.
Method 2: Magento Xero Integration Using In-App Marketplace Integrations
Managing Magento (Adobe Commerce) and Xero together becomes easy with Magento Marketplace Integrations. Magento Marketplace has a fair variety of third-party Xero Integrations, some of which are Adobe Bronze Solution Partners with the goal of co-selling and designing superior user experiences to help you link your Xero to Adobe Magento effortlessly.
Here are a few solid choices for you to consider:
Note: All the Magento Xero App Integrations mentioned hereafter require users to have Xero subscriptions. If you are not a Xero customer yet, sign up for Xero service here.
Magenest Magento Xero Integration
Magenest Magento Xero Integration works with minimal focus on manual efforts and maximum focus on Automation. This Magento (Adobe Commerce) Integration enables real-time data sync on customer transaction details along with Magento Products, Customers data, Orders, and Invoices to Xero.
Key Features of Magenest Magento Xero Integration
- Two-way Data Sync: Sync orders, invoices from Magento (Adobe Commerce) into Xero Invoices.
- Choose your synchronization options: Automatically or at regular periods.
- Set a date and time for automatic data synchronisation.
- Display the filtered synchronization report.
- Export data into file CSV/ XML.
According to Magento’s Marketplace, Magenest Xero Magento 2 Integration costs $499. Pricing is determined on your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Edition and Service Agreement. If you want to, you may additionally pay an extra $50 installation cost.
Link to Xero Magento App Integration
Fooman Connect Xero
Another helpful Magento 2 Xero Integration tool, this app lets you automatically export Magento Orders, Items, Credit Notes, new and existing Customer Records into Xero. Fooman Magento 2 Xero Integration saves hours of wasted time and avoids errors from manual processes of data mapping from Magento 2 to Xero.
Key features of Fooman Connect Xero
- Connect your Magento 2 store to Xero quickly and effortlessly. All essential Magento 2 data will be exported to Xero automatically.
- Control the automated sync procedure, which includes Magento 2 Order status, Account, and Invoice settings for various payment methods.
- Match current customer data in Xero and sync new ones automatically.
- Reconcile order payments and synchronize back to Magento (Adobe Commerce), allowing the payment to be shown.
Fooman Connect Xero Integration costs $699 on Magento’s Marketplace. Pricing is based on the Magento (Adobe Commerce) Edition and Store Version you choose. Other charges and fees are optional as well.
Link to Magento Xero App Integration
Magento Xero Integration makes the financial health of your online store more transparent, straightforward, and fun. Both of these applications run on the cloud, hence accessibility comes as an added advantage. With beautiful accounting, one-click reporting, and more add-ons support from Magento Marketplace, Magento Xero integration will surely do wonders for your online business.
Online merchants use various E-commerce platforms like Shopify and Magento (Adobe Commerce) to open their stores. While the default add-ins come in handy, integrating multiple services together to a single source of truth becomes infeasible for many. Hevo Data is a tool designed specifically to address the problem of heterogeneous data source connectivity, enabling Small and Medium Businesses to work seamlessly with their habitually used applications.
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as Magento (Adobe Commerce) and Xero (Free Source Connector with Hevo) allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo lets you migrate your data from your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Admin to any Data Warehouse of your choice, like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, or Firebolt, within minutes with just a few clicks.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
In the comments section below, share your thoughts on learning Magento Xero Integration and the applications you use for Magento (Adobe Commerce) and accounting integration. We’d like to hear your opinions and suggestions.