As the number of internet users increases, so are the digital buyers. E-commerce is one of the fastest-growing industries. Small and medium-sized companies use professional tools to sell their products online. There are many E-commerce platforms available in the market that allow users to build and launch their online store or E-commerce site effortlessly. WooCommerce is one of the widely used E-Commerce platforms that are free to use on any WordPress site.
The number of online stores is increasing and so is the competition to get maximum market shares of the buyers. Companies spend lots of money and time studying their customers and attracting more potential customers to make a sale. For sending regular newsletters, offers and other information companies use MailChimp. It is an E-Mail service platform that helps companies in E-Mail Marketing and attracts a wide range of audiences. To send automated E-Mails to customers, companies use MailChimp for WooCommerce Integration. It allows companies to gather user information from the WooCommerce account and send automated E-Mails to them via MailChimp.
MailChimp for WooCommerce Integration helps companies access powerful Marketing features allowing you to better engage and build relationships with your customers. In this article, you will learn the steps to set up MailChimp for WooCommerce Integration. You will also read about its benefits and how the MailChimp for WooCommerce Integration can help users run and Market their online stores effectively.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to WooCommerce
- Introduction to Mailchimp
- Steps to Connect Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration
- Benefits of Using Mailchimp for WooCommerce
- An active Mailchimp account.
- An active WooCommerce site.
Introduction to WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin offered by WordPress that adds basic functionalities of an E-commerce site to your WordPress site. It is an open-source E-commerce platform that allows users to set up their E-commerce site without any coding experience. Around 90% of E-Commerce websites on WordPress use the WooCommerce plugin.
You can add more functionalities to your WooCommerce platform by installing various built-in WooCommerce extensions from its marketplace. WooCommerce offers configurable shipping options, payment gateways, automated tax calculation, Add to Cart, Checkout, Product Analytics, and many other features that help you manage your E-commerce site efficiently. It also features Reporting and Data Analytics to get an overview of the performance of the E-Commerce site. The customizable dashboards and advanced segmenting tools add more value to it.
Key Features of WooCommerce
WooCommerce is an all-in-one platform to deliver users a fully-fledged E-Commerce site. It offers many features that help users effectively manage their online stores. A few features of WooCommerce are listed below:
- Customizable Themes: WooCommerce comes with many pre-built themes to serve almost every kind of store you want. These themes are easily customizable and use a drag and drop feature that saves time.
- Integrations: WooCommerce offers many pre-built extensions to add more functionality to the basic E-Commerce site. It also supports integration with other 3rd party tools and platforms such as Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration to provide more flexibility to the users.
- Local Customization: Your business may target customers for a particular region, and currencies differ from region to region. WooCommerce is flexible to change currency, language, units.
To know more about WooCommerce, click here.
Introduction to Mailchimp
Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Automation platform and E-Mail Marketing system. Companies and individuals use Mailchimp to manage their mailing lists, segment audiences, automate E-Mails and create customized E-Mail Marketing Campaigns. With the help of Mailchimp, users can send a regular newsletter to their subscribed audiences. It helps automate the repetitive task of managing E-Mails and makes it easy for you to connect to the right people at the right time without having to re-do the work every time.
Using any E-Commerce site with Mailchimp helps users send automated E-Mails to their potential customers, such as using Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration allows users to remind customers of abandoned carts and recommend products. Mailchimp helps you create multichannel Campaigns to reach your audiences.
Key Features of Mailchimp
A few key features of Mailchimp are listed below:
- Reporting and Analytics: Mailchimp comes with automated reports and Analytics tools that help you get better insights on your E-Mail Marketing Campaigns and understand more about your audience.
- Multiple Integrations: Mailchimp allows users to easily connect their Mailchimp account with other 3rd party tools and services such as Mailchimp for WooCommerce, Squarespace, etc.
- E-Mail Templates: Mailchimp offers a variety of E-Mail templates that let you automate the E-Mail writing and auto-send to our audience. You can also import your E-Mail templates and modify the existing ones.
To know more about Mailchimp, click here.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Mailchimp, WooCommerce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources and Mailchimp for free (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Connect Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration
Now that you have understood about Mailchimp and WooCommerce. In this section, you will learn how you can connect Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration. The steps to connect Mailchimp for WooCommerce are listed below:
- Step 1: Download the Plugin
- Step 2: Installing the Plugin
- Step 3: Configuring Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration
Step 1: Download the Plugin
- Go to the WooCommerce plugins marketplace here. It will open the Mailchimp for WooCommerce plugin page.
- Now, click on the “Free Download” to download the Mailchimp for WooCommerce plugin, as shown in the image below.
- The plugin will save in your local system.
Step 2: Installing the Plugin
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Then, navigate to the “Plugins > Add New” button from your side navigation bar, as shown in the image below.
- Now, click on the “Upload Plugin” button, as shown in the image below.
- Then, click on the “Choose File” option and select the Mailchimp for WooCommerce plugin that you download on your local system, as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Install Now” button.
- Now, click on the “Activate Plugin” option, as shown in the image below.
- It will redirect you to the “Settings” page of the Mailchimp for WooCommerce plugin.
Step 3: Configuring Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration
- From the side navigation bar, click on the “WooCommerce” option, as shown in the image below.
- Here select the “Mailchimp” option. It will open the settings, as shown in the image below.
- Now, click on the “CONNECT ACCOUNT” button, as shown in the image below.
- It will open a pop-up box, where it will ask you to enter valid login credentials of your Mailchimp account, as shown in the image below.
- Enter the valid details and log in.
- Then click on the “Allow” button to grant access to let Mailchimp use your WooCommerce data and vice-versa, as shown in the image below.
- Now in the box with the “STORE” configuration, enter all the details for store and locale settings.
- Then, click on the “NEXT STEP” button, as shown in the image below.
- In the “AUDIENCE” step, choose the audience that you want to sync from Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration.
- Change the default settings according to your audience, and then click on the “START SYNC” button, as shown in the image below.
- It will sync your WooCommerce store to Mailchimp.
That’s it! You have connected Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration.
Benefits of Using Mailchimp for WooCommerce
Configuring Mailchimp for WooCommerce helps store owners manage their mailing lists and sync customers for automated E-Mails. A few benefits of using MailChimp for WooCommerce Integration are listed below:
- Mailchimp for WooCommerce allows users to generate personalized suggestions based on their purchase history and recommend similar products with built-in product recommendations and send them automated E-Mails.
- Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration allows users to build customer relationships. It lets you organize your audience into tags and segments for targeted communication.
- Users can save time by automating the E-Mails based on the criteria set by them and using the Customer Journey tool by Mailchimp to deliver relevant content to WooCommerce.
In this article, you learnt about Mailchimp, WooCommerce, and the steps to connect Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration. You also read about the benefits of using Mailchimp for WooCommerce and how it helps users automate E-Mail Marketing and increase sales on their WooCommerce store. WooCommerce is a widely used E-Commerce platform, and to get maximum market share amongst your competitors, it’s necessary to have hands-on good Marketing. Mailchimp for WooCommerce handles all your E-Mail Marketing and automates the process.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
To stay ahead of your competition, E-Commerce site and Marketing data should be available in the analysis-ready form to perform analysis. Hevo Data offers a No-code Data Pipeline solution to transfer all your WooCommerce and Mailchimp data to any Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process of transferring data from Mailchimp for free and 100+ sources to any Data Warehouse without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Mailchimp for WooCommerce Integration in the comments section below!