Pinterest is a visual discovery engine that can be used to find ideas such as recipes, inspiration for home and style projects, and a lot more. It is unique among social media platforms, and the majority of its users go there with the intention of learning about new products. These users have a positive reaction to advertisements. Pinterest users have access to both paid advertising tools and free advertising tools.
However, using both paid and free advertising tools together can result in three times as many conversions and twice as much Return on Investment (ROI) as using paid ads alone.
You will be able to conduct advanced analytics on massive amounts of data obtained from a variety of e-commerce platforms if you establish a connection to a Cloud Data Warehouse such as Amazon Redshift. You can use SQL queries to connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift.
You are going to learn two different ways to connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift, as well as the key features of each method, in this article.
What are Pinterest Ads?
Pinterest is a search engine and social media platform rolled into one, with the goal of assisting its users in finding new ideas, saving them, and sharing them with other people. Brands and businesses can promote their products and services using Pinterest by purchasing advertisements on the platform.
Promoted Pins are another name for Pinterest advertisements. As part of its retargeting advertising strategy, Pinterest displays Promoted Pins to users based on their interests, previous activity, and actions taken on other websites.
Pinterest is a powerful marketing tool because it understands its audience, for example, by curating taste or by spotting trends before they happen. This is made possible by combining a search engine and social media.
Pinterest stands out among other social media platforms as an exceptional choice for use by businesses in their social media marketing efforts. Companies can use the platform’s optimization features to further promote themselves, thereby increasing the volume of website visitors, sales, and overall awareness of their brand.
Key Features of Pinterest Ads
- Gain Brand Awareness: Advertisements on Pinterest are an effective method for raising online brand awareness and recognition. When compared to other social media platforms, Pinterest is the most appropriate location for branded content because users are more tolerant of it, and the content itself does not interfere with the user experience.
- Increase Your Reach, Traffic, and Sales: If you use images of high quality within Pinterest search, you’ll be able to attract more visitors to your websites and landing pages, which will ultimately lead to an increase in sales, and brand awareness, and traffic. One of the advantages of using Pinterest is that it has the potential to drive more online traffic to your company. This is true regardless of whether the traffic is paid for or obtained naturally through the platform.
- Pinterest Search: The fact that content that has been shared on Pinterest can be located again and again through keywords, interests, and boards raises the possibility that it will drive traffic to your company over the long term. Users of Pinterest can save content they enjoy for later use by “pinning” it, and the fact that this feature exists alone makes Pinterest a viable method for achieving long-term visibility. When more of your posts are pinned, and when users remind themselves to look for your company when they need to, it becomes easier to find it again.
- Pinterest Benefits to Content Marketing: You will have more options for your content distribution strategy as a result of the expansion afforded to you by the addition of Pinterest ads to your content marketing strategy. This is because Pinterest provides a visual platform on which you can post your content. If you use Pinterest as part of your content strategy, you can easily adapt the content you’ve created for other platforms so that it conforms to Pinterest’s guidelines and establishes a connection with your audience there as well. Increasing your online reach can be accomplished in an efficient manner by developing a social media strategy that works across multiple platforms.
What is Amazon Redshift?
Amazon Redshift is a cloud-based and fully managed petabyte-scale Data Warehousing service. It enables you to begin with a few gigabytes of data and scale up to a petabyte or more. Amazon Redshift organizes data into clusters that can be examined simultaneously. As a result, Amazon Redshift data may be retrieved quickly and easily. Users and apps can access each node independently.
Amazon Redshift can be utilized with a variety of SQL-based clients, as well as a variety of Data Sources and Data Analytics tools. It has a solid architecture that makes interacting with a variety of business intelligence tools a breeze.
Each Redshift Data Warehouse is fully managed, which means administrative chores such as backup creation, security, and setup are all handled automatically.
Key Features of Amazon Redshift
- Column-oriented Databases: In a database, data can be organized into rows or columns. Row-orientation databases make up a large percentage of OLTP databases. In other words, these systems are built to perform a huge number of minor tasks such as DELETE, UPDATE, and so on. When it comes to accessing large amounts of data quickly, a column-oriented database like Redshift is the way to go. Redshift focuses on OLAP operations and the SELECT operations have been improved.
- Secure End-to-end Data Encryption: All businesses and organizations must comply with data privacy and security regulations, and encryption is one of the most important aspects of data protection. Amazon Redshift uses SSL encryption for data in transit and hardware-accelerated AES-256 encryption for data at rest. All data saved to the disc is encrypted, as are any backup files. You won’t need to worry about key management because Amazon will take care of it for you.
- Massively Parallel Processing (MPP): Redshift, like Netezza, is an MPP appliance. MPP is a distributed design approach for processing large data sets that employ a “divide and conquer” strategy among multiple processors. A large processing work is broken down into smaller tasks and distributed among multiple compute nodes. To complete their calculations, the compute node processors work in parallel rather than sequentially.
- Cost-effective: Amazon Redshift is the most cost-effective cloud data warehousing alternative. The cost is estimated to be a tenth of the cost of traditional on-premise warehousing. Consumers simply pay for the services they use; there are no hidden costs. You may discover more about pricing on the Redshift official website.
- Scalable: Amazon Redshift, a petabyte-scale data warehousing technology from Amazon, is scalable. Redshift from Amazon is simple to use and scales to match your needs. With a few clicks or a simple API call, you can instantly change the number or kind of nodes in your Data Warehouse, and scale up or down as needed.
Benefits of Connecting Pinterest to Redshift
Here are a few benefits of connecting Pinterest Ads to Redshift:
- The Boards on Pinterest: You have the ability to create, delete, and edit boards for users who have been authenticated. You should also retrieve boards and pins on a board and make use of the information you obtain to improve your efforts.
- Pinterest Pins: Create, edit, and delete Pins for authenticated users by using the Application Programming Interface (API). You also have the ability to retrieve a user’s pins, boards, and the Pins that are displayed on a board. You will gain a better understanding of user preference, UX, and other concepts with this.
- Pinterest Users: You can obtain a significant amount of user information by utilizing the Pinterest API. This information includes profile information, boards, suggested boards, and following relationships. Make use of this information to gain a deeper understanding of the users and to send communication that is more specific and accurate.
Advertising on Pinterest is an efficient method that can be incorporated into your overall digital marketing strategy. Also, Amazon Redshift is a data warehouse known for ingesting data instantaneously and performing almost real-time analysis. When integrated together, moving data from Pinterest Ads to Redshift could solve some of the biggest data problems for businesses. In this article, we have described two methods to achieve this:
Method 1: Connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift using Hevo
Hevo Data, an Automated Data Pipeline, provides you a hassle-free solution to connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift within minutes with an easy-to-use no-code interface. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from Pinterest Ads but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Method 2: Connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift using CSV Files
In this method, users will have to write custom codes to enable two processes, streaming data from Pinterest Ads and ingesting data into Redshift. This method is suitable for users with a technical background.
Both methods are explained below.
Methods to Connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift
Many organizations need to load their data from Pinterest Ads to Redshift service to access raw customer data, like shipment types, item checkpoints, etc. Amazon Redshift is capable of efficiently running complex analytical queries across petabytes of data. Connecting Pinterest Ads to Redshift provides a more comprehensive insight into your customer interaction and company’s performance.
Furthermore, with the Pinterest Ads to Redshift integration, you can perform effective real-time automated processes, saving you time when working on repetitive tasks. This integration is the ideal value addition for an e-commerce company or business owner who wants to improve operations, increase efficiency, and sync data throughout their workspace.
To connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift, you can use two methods.
These two methods are explained below:
Method 1: Connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift using Hevo
Hevo provides Amazon Redshift as a Destination for loading/transferring data from any Source system, which also includes Pinterest Ads. You can refer to Hevo’s documentation for Permissions, User Authentication, and Prerequisites for Amazon Redshift as a destination here.
Configure Pinterest Ads as a Source
Carry out the procedures listed below in order to configure Pinterest Ads as the Source in your Pipeline in Pinterest Ads to Redshift Connection:
- Step 1: In the Asset Palette, select the PIPELINES option.
- Step 2: In the Pipelines List View, select the +CREATE button.
- Step 3: Choose Pinterest Ads from the drop-down menu on the Select Source Type page to integrate Pinterest Ads to Redshift.
- Step 4: Click the + ADD PINTEREST ADS ACCOUNT button on the page that allows you to configure your Pinterest Ads account.
- Step 5: Sign in with the Pinterest Business account you usually use.
- Step 6: To give Hevo permission to access the data from your Pinterest Ads account, click the Continue button to connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift.
- Step 7: On the page where you configure your Pinterest ads source, enter the following information:
- Name of Pipeline: A one-of-a-kind name for the Pipeline, with a maximum of 255 characters.
- Select Accounts: Choose the Pinterest Ads account (or accounts) whose data you want to import into your account. There is support for selecting multiple Ad accounts.
- Historical Sync Duration: The amount of time over which the historical data must be ingested. Also known as “duration.” Default value: 6 Months.
- Breakdowns: The amount of temporal detail that you want to see in your report data is referred to as the “breakdown.” You could, for instance, separate the total number of clicks into weekly or monthly totals.
- Conversion Report Time: The time period for which you want to generate a conversion report is referred to as the “Conversion Report Time.” Time of Ad Action has been set as the default value. You have the option of choosing either of the following:
- Time of Ad Action: Displays the conversion report according to the time at which a user action such as engagement with Pins, clicks, reactions, or comments took place. Time of Ad Action
- Time of Conversion: Displays the conversion report according to the time at which a conversion event, such as sign-up or adding an item to a cart, took place.
- Step 8: Just hit the TEST & CONTINUE button to connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift.
- Step 9: Move on to the next step, which is to configure the data ingestion and set up the Destination.
Configure Redshift as a Destination
To set up Amazon Redshift as a destination in your Pinterest Ads to Redshift Integration, follow these steps:
- Step 1: In the Asset Palette, select DESTINATIONS.
- Step 2: In the Destinations List View, click + CREATE.
- Step 3: Select Amazon Redshift from the Add Destination page to set up Pinterest Ads to Redshift Migration.
- Step 4: Set the following parameters on the Configure your Amazon Redshift Destination page:
- Destination Name: Give your destination a unique name.
- Database Cluster Identifier: The IP address or DNS of the Amazon Redshift host is used as the database cluster identifier.
- Database Port: The port on which your Amazon Redshift server listens for connections is the database port. 5439 is the default value.
- Database User: In the Redshift database, a user with a non-administrative position.
- Database Password: The user’s password.
- Database Name: The name of the destination database into which the data will be loaded.
- Database Schema: The Destination database schema’s name. The default setting is public.
- Step 5: To test connectivity with the Amazon Redshift warehouse, click Test Connection to connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift.
- Step 6: When the test is complete, select SAVE DESTINATION.
Here are more reasons to try Hevo:
- Smooth Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to your schema in the desired Data Warehouse.
- Exceptional Data Transformations: Best-in-class & Native Support for Complex Data Transformation at fingertips. Code & No-code Flexibility is designed for everyone.
- Quick Setup: Hevo with its automated features, can be set up in minimal time. Moreover, with its simple and interactive UI, it is extremely easy for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Try Hevo Today!
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Method 2: Connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift using CSV Files
To set up Pinterest Ads to Redshift Connector manually, you have to follow two steps:
Export Data from Pinterest Ads
To export data from Pinterest Ads to connect Pinterest Ads to Redshift, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Sign in to your Pinterest Business account on your computer.
- Step 2: To access the reporting options, first select Ads at the very top of the screen.
- Step 3: To export the data, first click the Export button located in the upper-right corner of the reporting table.
- Step 4: Download the report. This will result in a CSV file.
Import CSV Files into Redshift
The next step in Pinterest Ads to Redshift Migration is to import data into Amazon Redshift. Utilizing an S3 bucket is among the most straightforward methods available for loading CSV files into Amazon Redshift. It is accomplished in two stages: first, the CSV files are loaded into S3, and then, after that, the data are loaded from S3 into Amazon Redshift.
- Step 1: Create a manifest file that includes the CSV data that needs to be loaded as the first step. This should be uploaded to S3, and the files should ideally be compressed using gzip.
- Step 2: After the data has been transferred to S3, use the COPY command to retrieve the file from S3 and then load it into the table of your choice. If you used gzip, the structure of your code will look like this:
COPY <schema-name>.<table-name> (<ordered-list-of-columns>) FROM '<manifest-file-s3-url>'
CREDENTIALS'aws_access_key_id=<key>;aws_secret_access_key=<secret-key>' GZIP MANIFEST;
Using the keyword “CSV” in this context is important because it will assist Amazon Redshift in identifying the file format. In addition to this, any column arrangements or row headers that are going to be ignored must be specified, as shown below:
COPY table_name (col1, col2, col3, col4)
-- Ignore the first line
COPY table_name (col1, col2, col3, col4)
Using this procedure to load your desired CSV datasets into Amazon Redshift will result in a successful loading process. With this, you have completed Pinterest Ads to Redshift Migration.
In this article, you understood the main features of Pinterest Ads and Amazon Redshift. You also learned two methods to integrate Pinterest Ads to Redshift. Pinterest Ads is Pinterest’s advertising platform for Business Accounts. It enables users to retrieve statistics about their ads, ad accounts, ad groups, and campaigns running on Pinterest. Amazon Redshift allows you to analyze this data to find meaningful insights to improve user experience.
However, as a Developer, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Databases, CRMs, Project management Tools, Streaming Services, and Marketing Platforms to your Database can seem to be quite challenging. If you are from non-technical background or are new in the game of data warehouse and analytics, Hevo Data can help!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data will automate your data transfer process, hence allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc. Hevo provides a wide range of sources – 150+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Sources) – that connect with over 15+ Destinations. It will provide you with a seamless experience and make your work life much easier.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand.
You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!